FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Iron Burns

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harassed
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Iron Burns Reply with quote

http://www.debunking911.com/ironburns.htm

This link is interesting as the bloke who wrote seems very credible.
Does anyone know if Steven Jones or Jim Fetzer has replied to it?
Alex_V
Wrecker
Wrecker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:25 am    Post subject: Re: Iron Burns Reply with quote

Harassed wrote:

Jones, to my knowledge, has never publicly acknowledged let alone attempted to address the multiple criticisms of his work. I would find it laughable if it weren't so depressingly tragic that he is considered one of the more learned members of the truth movement.
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: Re: Iron Burns Reply with quote

Alex_V wrote:
Harassed wrote:

Jones, to my knowledge, has never publicly acknowledged let alone attempted to address the multiple criticisms of his work. I would find it laughable if it weren't so depressingly tragic that he is considered one of the more learned members of the truth movement.

i find it more depressing that a truth movement has to exsist in the first place, it would be so much easier if leaders just told the truth to the people in the first place and addressed issues with their own storey's to put peoples minds at rest, afterall if there is nothing to hide and there was no involvement it should be easy to do and then everyone can go home.

even if jones theory is completely wrong and nothing at all is correct, there will still be people pondering over the parts of collapse which don't add up or have not been tackled with an explaination that stands up(and i aint talking about "we will explain upto the start of collapse", NIST. im talking about what happened to the buildings after that).

what ever the answers are jones being right or wrong is neither here nor there and he certainly is'nt the be all and end all to truth, the reason being it is only important what the offical storey says and if that adds up, his theory is just one of many that dos'nt make it truth nor does it mean the "truth movement" think hes this or that. yes there are individuals who believe him or think hes right but it is'nt a tag you can give to all.

it would be like saying all millwall fans cause trouble at football matches. when the reality is its just a few and most millwall fans are well behaved and don't agree with those who cause trouble.

it would also be like saying, "all people believe the offical version" based on the fact that some do.
Alex_V
Wrecker
Wrecker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Iron Burns Reply with quote

marky 54 wrote:
i find it more depressing that a truth movement has to exsist in the first place, it would be so much easier if leaders just told the truth to the people in the first place and addressed issues with their own storey's to put peoples minds at rest, afterall if there is nothing to hide and there was no involvement it should be easy to do and then everyone can go home.

even if jones theory is completely wrong and nothing at all is correct, there will still be people pondering over the parts of collapse which don't add up or have not been tackled with an explaination that stands up(and i aint talking about "we will explain upto the start of collapse", NIST. im talking about what happened to the buildings after that).

what ever the answers are jones being right or wrong is neither here nor there and he certainly is'nt the be all and end all to truth, the reason being it is only important what the offical storey says and if that adds up, his theory is just one of many that dos'nt make it truth nor does it mean the "truth movement" think hes this or that. yes there are individuals who believe him or think hes right but it is'nt a tag you can give to all.

it would be like saying all millwall fans cause trouble at football matches. when the reality is its just a few and most millwall fans are well behaved and don't agree with those who cause trouble.

it would also be like saying, "all people believe the offical version" based on the fact that some do.

Generalising does have its weaknesses I agree, but I don't think I'm wrong in saying that he gets a lot of respect from most truthers. Yet criticisms from those with a scientific background seem to not only question his conclusions but show a kind of astonished anger at his wilful ineptitude. Critics consider him a charlatan, to put it bluntly.

Now either this is all disinfo, as (some) truthers like to believe about any criticism of their movement, or it is serious criticism that needs answering from Jones. His lack of response is telling.
Harassed
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Iron Burns Reply with quote

Alex_V wrote:
marky 54 wrote:

Generalising does have its weaknesses I agree, but I don't think I'm wrong in saying that he gets a lot of respect from most truthers. Yet criticisms from those with a scientific background seem to not only question his conclusions but show a kind of astonished anger at his wilful ineptitude. Critics consider him a charlatan, to put it bluntly.

Now either this is all disinfo, as (some) truthers like to believe about any criticism of their movement, or it is serious criticism that needs answering from Jones. His lack of response is telling.

I beleive that there was an inside job,but for discussions sake on other forums (or in the pub :o),I just want to be sure of the sources.
Once yer get into heated discussions with 'experts'(which I am not) yer have to have reliable sources thats all.
Gordon Ross seems very credible.And I think David Ray Griffin is brilliant.
This 911 thang has certainly opened a can of worms for me. LOL.
pepik
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am always surprised to hear Griffin praised, he mostly just repeats what other conspiracy theorists say and then when questioned on any of it he says it isn't his work so he can't be expected to defend it.

Try this claim he has been making for years. The more you dig the more it becomes apparent that Griffin makes virtually no efforts to do proper research at all.

http://www.jod911.com/There_Are_No_Missile_Defenses_at_the_Pentagon.pd f

"could it be that ww2 and the extermination of jewish people was planned as a way of creating a race of people who it would be difficult to blame for anything, a cover race for the illuminati?" - a quote NOT from the 'controversial theories' section.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: