FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Proposal to debate NPT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> 9/11 & 7/7 Truth Controversies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ace Baker
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like plane theorists are more interested in debating my name.

My name is Alexander Collin Baker. My first two initials are "A.C." When I was a baby, my dad called me "A.C." which could also be spelled "Acey". That got shortened to "Ace". The great mystery is now resolved, and this monumentally important debate topic can be put to rest. It's a nickname!

Now on to trivial matters, like planes at the world trade center, and the role of the news media personalities in spreading propaganda.

Is there anyone willing to defend the plane theory? Especially absent from the plane debate, are believers in the official story.
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone can contribute to this debate.

Its not about NPT.

It's about how NPT and non-NPT can be debated.

So, anyone can speak their mind quite freely without fear of ridicule or guilt by association with any side.

Marky, Ace, Paul and Stefan have made some very helpful suggestions so far, so can we achieve consensus?

I'm thinking that some input from the forums technical folk might be helpful if only to discard what can't be done vis, access rights to post etc.

If that's a non-starter then can someone please say so.

Tony, John, JHR ?

I'm thinking that accountability could be an issue but might have to be negotiated.

I could be wrong, as ever.

Any thoughts anyone?

Tamborine man
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally would love to see 'Chek' take up the challenge.

I,m almost certain that the extraordinary pomposity, self-admiration,
self-satisfaction and arrogance that Chek with monotoneus venomous
regularity love to display himself with, just is a cover, a cunning
pretence!

Wouldn't it be awesome to discover that deep down, there exist in this man
an intelligent, civil and kind soul just waiting for the right opportunity to
show itself!!

Cheers

Stefan
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ace Baker wrote:
Sounds like plane theorists are more interested in debating my name.

My name is Alexander Collin Baker. My first two initials are "A.C." When I was a baby, my dad called me "A.C." which could also be spelled "Acey". That got shortened to "Ace". The great mystery is now resolved, and this monumentally important debate topic can be put to rest. It's a nickname!

Now on to trivial matters, like planes at the world trade center, and the role of the news media personalities in spreading propaganda.

Is there anyone willing to defend the plane theory? Especially absent from the plane debate, are believers in the official story.

OK Alexander,
I've already said what you should do -

Take all of the "evidence" you believe indicates NPT/Fakery and post it up with the prefix Debate:

And insert the disclaiming on the beggining of the post -

The first oponent to respond is the only other person who can post on that thread, although we can all discuss matters with other via pm/email.

No adhominem allowed.

We're all waiting for you - enough of the struting around - let's just get started now please.

Peace and Truth
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That might be a way forward, then again it might not be the most effective way of handling the debate.

Let's see what Alex has to say.

Stefan, are you suggesting that the debate be had on a thread where anyone can post?

Stefan
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark,
I'm suggesting Alexander labels the debate threads "Debate: [INSERT TOPIC HERE]", and puts the following notice at the top in bold:

This is a civilised debate thread - and is limited to two people per debate. If you have an opinion to add in support of either side of the debate, please PM or email (if you know the email) of the relevant party.

Peace and Truth
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK understood. Thanks Stefan.

Would we need a mod on standby for digressions do you think?

I'm guessing that someone might feel inclined to erm interject.

I could email Tony or whoever else is still modding here to delete any extraneous posts from anyone other than say you and Alex if that's what is agreed?

ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although not currently involved in day to day moderation (thank god for small mercies) I'm happy to police any such threads
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ian.

Just so that Alex is clear, could I ask a question:

Is anyone prepared to debate with their real name?

Ace Baker
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Salter has officially declined, informing me that he has gone back into retirement from "this issue".

The issue of real names is a pretty important one. If an anonymous poster spews lies and garbage, they can always just disappear, and reincarnate as someone new, with a brand new clean slate.

I'm quite curious to see if there is ANYONE willing to put their actual name out defending the plane theory.
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The issue of real names is a pretty important one. If an anonymous poster spews lies and garbage, they can always just disappear, and reincarnate as someone new, with a brand new clean slate.

that happens all the time and would be nothing new, however i really do not see the importance of real names, a debate is about information, information either stands up or it dos'nt and being called micky mouse dos'nt change how true your information is, it is up to researchers to determine how true information is or is'nt, as long as links are provided during the debate to back up claims.

Quote:
I'm quite curious to see if there is ANYONE willing to put their actual name out defending the plane theory.

bob smith how do you do.

even using real names will not gaurentee people are using their real names if you get what i mean. its a pointless request.

me myself i would rather not give my full name on a forum full of strangers i don't know or don't trust. nothing to do with anything other than fraud, i havent exactly got a common name like smith/jones etc. i bet there are literally thousands of bob smiths.

even on forums about the tamest of subjects people prefer privacy, and even if they are called bob smith theres no gaurentee they are bob smith then disappear and return as rick jones.
Ace Baker
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why a simple name is not enough. There need to be identifying credentials of some sort.

Yes, of course a debate proceeds on evidence. Perhaps one party will win, and the other will be made to look like a lying charlatan. But then what? If they are anonymous, what is the downside for the anonymous charlatan?

Using real names gives the thing some real life stakes. All of the people in my movie are using their real names. The people who have filed lawsuits against the NIST contractors have done so in their real name. ETC.

It is simply beneath my dignity to debate someone who does not have the courage of conviction to use their real name. Unless and until someone comes forward, then I will continue to state that nobody is willing to defend the airplane myth. This is closely related to the way the History Channel, BBC, et al run their hit pieces on the "truth movement". There's never anything about no-planes, or exotic weapons.
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ace Baker wrote:
This is why a simple name is not enough. There need to be identifying credentials of some sort.

Yes, of course a debate proceeds on evidence. Perhaps one party will win, and the other will be made to look like a lying charlatan. But then what? If they are anonymous, what is the downside for the anonymous charlatan?

Using real names gives the thing some real life stakes. All of the people in my movie are using their real names. The people who have filed lawsuits against the NIST contractors have done so in their real name. ETC.

It is simply beneath my dignity to debate someone who does not have the courage of conviction to use their real name. Unless and until someone comes forward, then I will continue to state that nobody is willing to defend the airplane myth. This is closely related to the way the History Channel, BBC, et al run their hit pieces on the "truth movement". There's never anything about no-planes, or exotic weapons.

i agree using using real names for films or if your on tv/radio or meeting people in person at important meetings etc etc, but an internet forum full of strangers and people your not sure you can trust and that covers people who just view the site but do not post?

its a debate about issues, its the information thats important not lynching people if they are wrong or lied.

we can all make up excuses about not debating people because they don't have a full name or use a character type name inorder to avoid debate with them, but at the end of the day information is all that matters either this information stands up or that information dos'nt stand up, information standing up to scrutiny is all that matters, laying down rules and forcing people to give information away about themselves which others could use against that person is unfair.

would you like me to post my bank details also, just to prove i am a real person?
my address?
my national insurence?

fraudsters can find out a lot about people via full names, more so if they read posts to get more hints and tips on that persons life(they may of mentioned they are married for example or have 2 kids etc etc and thus build up a life profile enough to phone around for the missing details they don't have yet). and some people do not want to give that information out freely for tom dick or harry to get hold off, so making it a condition for debating is stupid when it is information that matters not personnal details and the debate is taking place on a forum not a tv show or news channel programme.

besides how do we know your using your proper name? regardless of what anyone says i don't know you and i won't know anyone who can confirm it, so i would'nt know if your lieing and you got somebody else to lie for you to back you up, i'd be none the wiser.

sorry but i'd rather stick to giving personnal details away at the approiate places, even when i meet somebody in a pub i don't tell them my last name, well untill i have known them for a while and know i can trust them, sometimes not at all because it is'nt necessary or never crops up.

i debate issues with people all the time and they only know me as mark, it never seems to concern them i cannot be credible because they don't have my full details, so why should it be different here?
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll do you a deal, how about i change my name to ace faker? whilst concelling my first name? which may or may not be my real name you will never know nor can i confirm it without posting personnal details.
TmcMistress
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My two cents.

I don't believe that the NPT discussion, at least in regards to the WTC towers, warrants further discussion. Chek and gruts have done a masterful job of tearing apart September Clues already, which is, if not the source for all NPT silliness, at least a decent summation of it, and I see no reason why this ridiculous notion deserves this much attention.

I understand the need to hammer out various theories, and that certain ones deserve their time. But WTC NPT has no basis in objective reality. Are we supposed to devote time to every theory that comes up just on the basis that someone said it?

I mean, really, c'mon... enough is enough. If killtown comes on here in a few weeks claiming that the towers were really destroyed by a giant holographic banana gun, are we going to be like "Well, every theory deserves its fair shake..."

chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you have a fair point there.

My own estimation is that the majority of NPT'ers are impervious to arguments, when they prefer to rely on their own impressions and interpretations of reality that have been mediated through poor quality video evidence and played upon by the modern equivalent of snake-oil salesmen. The phrase 'the blind leading the more blind' springs to mind.

There are occasional half-hearted attempts by the NPT ... er ... intelligentsia to discredit eyewitnesses and even lamer attempts to suggest the technical impossibility of planes travelling that fast and entering the Towers, but my take is that most rely on their (mistaken) personal judgements, and argument and reason is not going to reach them.

TmcMistress wrote:
I mean, really, c'mon... enough is enough. If killtown comes on here in a few weeks claiming that the towers were really destroyed by a giant holographic banana gun, are we going to be like "Well, every theory deserves its fair shake..."

While Holographic Banana Theory remains one of my personal favourites, don't go giving him ideas....

It's them or us.
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ace Baker wrote:
Eric Salter has officially declined, informing me that he has gone back into retirement from "this issue".

yo-hooo!

Being sticking with the facts for quite some time now Ace, in case you've missed it

Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Est que ce le dénouement de la prélude ne c'est pas?

John, are you stepping forward ?

paul wright

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Four years ago I was a wild-eyed NPTer. I gave up after a couple of years and before I joined here, having seen the divisiveness caused.
I'm quite willing to entertain either side and will act as a moderator if necessary
I'm pretty sure the software here would allow for a selective exclusivity for the presentations, with perhaps an open line for comment, but I'm not sure.
Andrew Johnson set up a non-successful event for a Wood v Jones debate on the old software

Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Paul.

We now have two volunteers for moderate diplomacy, management, harm reduction, and hopefully counselling after the event. . .

So far, we have one protagonist.

We have terms that have yet to be agreed.

One of which seems to be about accountability.

I'm stuck in an unfamiliar dark place!

We are stuck. Again.

Help.

The quintessential word.

Last edited by Mark Gobell on Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul wright wrote:
Four years ago I was a wild-eyed NPTer. I gave up after a couple of years and before I joined here, having seen the divisiveness caused.
I'm quite willing to entertain either side and will act as a moderator if necessary
I'm pretty sure the software here would allow for a selective exclusivity for the presentations, with perhaps an open line for comment, but I'm not sure.
Andrew Johnson set up a non-successful event for a Wood v Jones debate on the old software

Thank you dh, I'd trust your moderation to be fair.

It's them or us.
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chek.

First of all. Peace.

Sincerely.

How are we to move this forward?

I'd appreciate your thoughts.

paul wright

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite their confidence that their evidence is the most convincing in the debate, the "planes theorists" are a bit reluctant to engage because they would assert they are wasting valuable time on a discredited theory based on the analysis of shoddy videos.
I would say that there are too many NPTers too valuable to ignore, and that a debate which might come down to a 'agree to disagree on this subject, but let's agree on other stuff' conclusion might be useful
All the accusations of shill and limited hangout and all the rest on just the basis of video footage and photos does get a bit tiresome
It's far from the true basis on which to judge

chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul wright wrote:
Despite their confidence that their evidence is the most convincing in the debate, the "planes theorists" are a bit reluctant to engage because they would assert they are wasting valuable time on a discredited theory based on the analysis of shoddy videos.
I would say that there are too many NPTers too valuable to ignore, and that a debate which might come down to a 'agree to disagree on this subject, but let's agree on other stuff' conclusion might be useful
All the accusations of shill and limited hangout and all the rest on just the basis of video footage and photos does get a bit tiresome
It's far from the true basis on which to judge

I hear what you're saying, but a lot of NPT theory relies on being propagated by the easily discreditable, which is of no use to anyone, unless it is specifically viewed as a 'cause' and no more.

It's them or us.
chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Gobell wrote:
Chek.

First of all. Peace.

Sincerely.

Yes, peace here too Mark.
I have no wish to be at odds with anyone in this community.

As to ideas, I will refrain from directing but offer what seems fair and comment as appropriate.

It's them or us.
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chek wrote:
I hear what you're saying, but a lot of NPT theory relies on being propagated by the easily discreditable, which is of no use to anyone, unless it is specifically viewed as a 'cause' and no more.

Sure chek. Of course it does.

Same as the OCT.

I get sucked into the adversarial position.

Why?

Habit. Lack of empathy. A thousand reasons. Some probably unknown.

I'd say most folk do too.

Maybe, that's one of the most significant problems our species has yet to resolve.

I don't like it, any more than my supposed adversaries.

Yet.

Our common ground is what should unite us.

We keep on getting divided into smaller and less powerful chunks.

Like we are addicted to our own demise.

Last edited by Mark Gobell on Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Gobell wrote:
Chek.

First of all. Peace.

Sincerely.

and

chek wrote:
Yes, peace here too Mark.
I have no wish to be at odds with anyone in this community.

As to ideas, I will refrain from directing but offer what seems fair and comment as appropriate.

Would it not be a much better place if the Arabs and the Jews could talk to each other like that?

The rich and the poor ?

The ME and the YOU . .

The US and the THEM . . .

We are us

chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Gobell wrote:
Would it not be a much better place if the Arabs and the Jews could talk to each other like that?

The tragedy is 99% of either probably want no more than that.

It's them or us.
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chek wrote:
Mark Gobell wrote:

No chek.

You are wrong. Again !

It's 911% ! Wink

All War Mongering Megalomaniacs Throughout History have always wrote:
There's no-one left alive - must be a draw.

chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Gobell wrote:
chek wrote:
Mark Gobell wrote:

No chek.

You are wrong. Again !

It's 911% ! Wink

In the interests of reality, I'd have to rewrite that as 91.1%
Or does 99.1% count?
I'd go with that.

It's them or us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> 9/11 & 7/7 Truth Controversies All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: