FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Litter Louts Named & Shamed...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> UK 9/11 Truth - Scotland group
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bongo
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Litter Louts Named & Shamed... Reply with quote

I was utterly horrified at actions by Glasgow City Council to supply names and addresses of people who have been fined for throwing litter on the street.

The Glasgow Evening Times newspaper has printed 500 names and addresses to be followed by a further 1,500'odd in the next few days. The BBC as always, is very eager to publicise this evil act by Glasgow City Council and that dirty rag or a newspaper...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/7138390.stm

Now, you may think at first thought that this is a good thing to do to clean up our streets from litter. However on closer inspection it is an absolute violation of a persons civil liberties, not to mention downright dangerous. I say this for a very good reason. Just suppose for a second how many of those 2000'ish people might be abused women who were in hiding and all of a sudden have their names and addresses exposed to a violent spouse? It is just a thought. Confused

I suggest this is possible and all for the act of possibly chucking a fag end onto the road. In my view, the council should be criminally investigated for abuse of peoples' privacy (under the Data Protection Act). We have to remember that the vast majority of these so called 'litter louts' are hard working individuals who were caught (and rightly enough) for throwing a single piece of litter (most often a cigarette end). However, they have also (as they are law abiding citizens) accepted their mistake and paid the fine willingly.

I would ask the question on what is protecting these people from Bank's or Possible future Employers and indeed, any other organisations placing their names on 'Black lists'.... nothing at all !!!

Also, in my opinion this whole act by Glasgow City Council is illegal. As defined in the Data Protection Act...

Quote:
Sensitive personal data

In this Act “sensitive personal data” means personal data consisting of information as to—

(a) the racial or ethnic origin of the data subject,

(b) his political opinions,

(c) his religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature,

(d) whether he is a member of a trade union (within the meaning of the Trade Union and Labour Relations (Consolidation) Act 1992),

(e) his physical or mental health or condition,

(f) his sexual life,

(g) the commission or alleged commission by him of any offence, or

(h) any proceedings for any offence committed or alleged to have been committed by him, the disposal of such proceedings or the sentence of any court in such proceedings.

I fully hope and expect law suits to follow shortly. Failure for this to happen will set a very dangerous precedent indeed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> UK 9/11 Truth - Scotland group All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: