FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Antifascist Groupings or Pro-EU Apologists=Searchlight?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Other Controversies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
conspiracy analyst
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Antifascist Groupings or Pro-EU Apologists=Searchlight? Reply with quote

Throughout the 1970's and 1980's a campaign occurred against what was called British fascism. For anyone who was anyone being progressive meant No Platform for Fascists.

By the late 1990's this same idea had been adopted by the USA-UK which was in a mad rush to rid the world of Dictators despite the fact that the USA had both supported Hitler in his rise to power and Britain did nothing when Germany rearmed despite this being in contravention to the Versailles Treaty of 1918.

Now the label anti-fascist invariably means being pro-EU. Much in the same way as being a member of the Labour Party means being in bed with the Texas oil lobby.

On the history of Searchlight the premier 'anti-fascist' journal in Britain.

This has been documented in Notes from the Borderland.
---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------
Illuminating as well is that there was an anarchist 'terrorist' group prior to the IRA on British mainland called the 'Angry Brigade' at the same time as the Red Brigades in Italy...

Anyone ever come across them?

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,644062,00.html

http://www.spunk.org/cat-us/agb.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Angry_Brigade

They targeted Tory politicians businesses, no one died because of their bombs yet a few were imprisoned. Was this the trial run for the IRA campaign on the mainland?

After all what are the chances of a group having the same name as the one in Italy? One allegedly being communist the other anarchist?
PaulStott
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Searchlight do not even deny their links to the security services, and only the most gullible people on the British left have anything to do with them. Larry O'Hara's Searchlight for Beginners is the core text on their history.

It would be great to see people in the 'truth' movement taking this sort of stuff seriously, and looking at how people have tried to expose secret state manipulation of progressive forces for some time.

On the Angry Brigade though, what is your evidence that they were related to the state?
conspiracy analyst

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulStott wrote:

On the Angry Brigade though, what is your evidence that they were related to the state?

I think maybe I wrote it in a confusing manner.
The Red Brigades as has been highlighted already were deeply infiltrated by the Italian State.

The Angry Brigades had the same name and I had never come across them before. What are the coincidences in that?

All of those arrested and charged which till that point was the biggest conspiracy trial in British history refused to admit they had anything to do with any of it.

http://www.n16mag.com/issue8/p26i8.htm

So it was a classic police frame up. The aim being to silence any opposition to the Vietnam war, union struggles, squats etc. issues which dominated in Stoke Newington at the time.

So who said they actually ever existed?
PaulStott
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, in the case of AB defendant John Barker, he famously commented that the police framed a guilty man i.e. he had not done what they charged him with, but had done plenty of other things!
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulStott wrote:
It would be great to see people in the 'truth' movement taking this sort of stuff seriously, and looking at how people have tried to expose secret state manipulation of progressive forces for some time.

True
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does history not teach us that the default position should be to assume infiltration of every counter culture?

What leads you to assume that folk involved in 9/11 truth have little interest in or scant knowledge of these things?

PaulStott
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Gobell wrote:

What leads you to assume that folk involved in 9/11 truth have little interest in or scant knowledge of these things?

When David Shayler was specifically asked about Searchlight's links to Mi5, in a live debate at Conway Hall he denied all knowledge - he was actually more defensive about this long term working relationship than Searchlight are!!!!! Annie would know plenty on this, but similarly remains mute.

Secondly, I may be wrong, but this is the first thread I have seen about Searchlight on this board. Given there absolute dominance when it comes to placing stories or advising the UK media when it comes to stories about the far-right in the UK (and sometimes about the left) Searchlight has had a huge influence in this country.

Their tentacles have also spread into issues surrounding the European Union, policing, law, the Middle East (they are confirmed zionists) and international relations.

Searchlight are part of the bigger picture, but given their long term links to the secret state, they are certainly not interested in any quest for truth!
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you think nobody has mentioned Mr Gable & Co before Paul?
conspiracy analyst

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Gobell wrote:
Why do you think nobody has mentioned Mr Gable & Co before Paul?

It might be a generational thing?

Most of the anti-fascist movement died in the 1990's when the state itself officially became anti-fascist and anti-racist ie adopted the policies of alleged progressive thought from the 1970's.

I only came across them although I knew of them from another poster who uses anti-fascist terminology to post pro-EU press clippings.

A section of the old right and the old left have become 9/11 skeptics at the same time as a section of the old left and the old right have moved centre stage and merged with the Texan oil gangsters.

As such the Notes from the Borderland crowd have been stuck in a Thatcher timewarp. They accept the official line of 9/11 not on the basis of independent thought but from prejudice. Prejudice against the alleged 'leaders' of the UK truth movement which they have elevated onto a pedestal in order then to shoot them down.
paul wright

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see much argument against Paul on this.
It's almost onside. Searchlight and Gable is admittedly MI5 controlled as almost certainly are the fascist factions.I don't know about Irving who, while obnoxious has an independence about him. Griffin - almost certainly an agent of the state

Keith Mothersson
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Angry Brigade and Griffin Reply with quote

I knew many of the people who ended up on trial as the Angry Brigade and helped them with a 'radical community newspaper' which in retrospecct may have been a front for AB communiques. I have my suspicions that one of their number may have been an agent provocateur.

Talking of revising my past assumptions:
a) May 68 was for many of us the quintessence of radicalism! But now I can't help wonder how the Cohn-Bendit-led?/not-led? student movement almost brought De Gaulle down, weakened him a lot. Did it get a fair wind as kind of early 'velvet revolution' to remove a thorn in the flesh for US imperialism,
e.g. De Gaulle had recently pissed Nato off by kicking them out of France (and withdrawing france from military part of Nato);
what is more he had 'called' the US on its habit of getting lots of real stuff from the rest of the world in exchange for dollars - de Gaulle had said, no thanks, we want payment in gold (the untrusting cad!), which led to the US being forced off the gold standard a yea or two later.

b) I also remember my amazement from one term to the next how suddenly the Keele University student 'readicalsim' scene went from politics to suddenly being awash with drugs being dished out by two very dashing and way out gentlemen who had suddenly turned out as students, and who were rumored (I know not whether truly) to know posh people such as Annabella Churchill. Was this the equivalent of sending drugs into Watts after the riots?

Regarding Searchlight, anarchist circles were always trying to warn the straight Left about their MI5 links.

Paul, I started a defence of David Griffin, often absurdly accused of being a sinister 'globalist'. Now I realise you meant Nick Griffin. Peace

May all beings be happy
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
to know posh people such as Annabella Churchill.

Isnt her son serving time for dealing class A's?

PaulStott
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: Angry Brigade and Griffin Reply with quote

keith Mothersson wrote:

b) I also remember my amazement from one term to the next how suddenly the Keele University student 'readicalsim' scene went from politics to suddenly being awash with drugs being dished out by two very dashing and way out gentlemen who had suddenly turned out as students, and who were rumored (I know not whether truly) to know posh people such as Annabella Churchill. Was this the equivalent of sending drugs into Watts after the riots?

If you read Bommi Baumann's book on radicalism in Germany in this period, he fingers a police agent provocateur in West Berlin for selling dope with a methadone base to try and get people hooked. That sort of nonsense was certainly going on.

I have always believed the reason the IRA were so obsessive about shooting drugs dealers was they thought the Brits would try and swamp the Republican ghettos with heroin if they could....
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John White wrote:
Quote:
to know posh people such as Annabella Churchill.

Isnt her son serving time for dealing class A's?

It's Arabella.

Guardian

Quote:
Churchill great-grandson jailed over drugs racket

Allegra Stratton and agencies
Thursday December 20, 2007
Guardian Unlimited

Winston Churchill's great-grandson has been sentenced to three years in an Australian jail for his role in a multimillion-dollar ecstasy racket.

Nicholas Jake Barton was arrested in June 2006 at his Sydney apartment after a three-month undercover police investigation.

Officers found about 250,000 ecstasy tablets, 12kg (26lbs) of MDMA - the powder used to make the drug - and drug-making equipment during a series of raids. The street value of the drugs seized was around A$15m (£6.5m).

The 34-year-old pleaded guilty in November to knowingly taking part in the supply of a commercial quantity of a prohibited drug. The charge carries a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison, but the district court judge, Colin Charteris, found Barton had only a "belated" and limited role in the supply of the ecstasy tablets found at a property he had sublet.

"In determining the appropriateness of the sentence, the fact the defendant is descended from a hero of the 20th century does not affect the sentence I must impose," Charteris said at the sentencing.

Barton's sentence was backdated to the time of his arrest and he will be eligible for parole by next February, allowing him to return to England to visit his mother, Arabella Spencer Churchill, the granddaughter of Winston Churchill, who the court was told had pancreatic cancer and was not expected to live past April.

Barton moved to Australia when he was 18, studying marine biology and working for a time in the film industry.

He utilised the family name in his defence case, presenting the court with a reference from his uncle, the former British politician also named Winston Churchill.

Genetic predisposition . . .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Other Controversies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: