FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

January 2008 - Loose Change Final Cut Screenings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Accelerationists' Armageddon Project For WWIII, Economic Crash, Starvation & Deadly Pathogens Rampant
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: January 2008 - Loose Change Final Cut Screenings Reply with quote

the next dates for Loose Change Final Cut in the UK

Picturehouse at FACT, Liverpool
Thursday 3rd January, 6.30

Exeter Picturehouse
Wednesday 9th January, 9.00pm

The Little Theatre Cinema, Bath
Sunday 13th January, 2.00pm

Phoenix Picturehouse, Oxford
Sunday 20th January, 3.00pm

Duke of York's Brighton
Sunday 3rd February, 6.30pm

Here is the link to webpage: http://www.picturehouses.co.uk/loosechange
Lee
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Loose Change Final Cut in Liverpool Sold Out Reply with quote

Just been on the phone to FACT and been happily informed that tonight's screening is sold out. Looks like our emailing worked and whatever anyone else did to publicize it. It only seats 50 mind but well done to all. Lets hope there are some newbies there...
Wokeman
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This gets better and better!
Graham
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: More UK LCFC screenings. Reply with quote

Should probably be in events, but will get more views in here.

The relentless march of 9/11 Truth gathers pace in England as Picture Houses UK books Loose Change Final Cut for more theaters.

Marc Allenby Head of Marketing for Picture Houses UK said today 'When we were first offered Loose Change Final Cut we were skeptical about its appeal to mainstream British cinema patrons. The films subsequent success in the UK has exceeded our expectations. Our partner cinema's are booking Loose Change Final Cut for wider release in 2008'.

For more information on screenings in the UK go to http://www.picturehouses.co.uk/loosechange

Picturehouse at FACT, Liverpool
Thursday 3rd January, 6.30

Exeter Picturehouse
Wednesday 9th January, 9.00pm

The Little Theatre Cinema, Bath
Sunday 13th January, 2.00pm

Phoenix Picturehouse, Oxford
Sunday 20th January, 3.00pm

Duke of York's Brighton
Sunday 3rd February, 6.30pm

paul wright

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody yet received a message such as this? Which adds to our troubles hereabouts
Quote:
Sender's name

Tim Sparke

Sender's email address

tsparke@mercurymedia.org

Sender's telephone number

07801 520991

Dear West Yorkshire Truth Campaign
My company MercuryMedia hold the rights to show Loose Change Final Cut. We are distributing the film in Cinema\'s currently and have no plans to offer \'free-screenings\' yet.

The only way we would want the film shown would be as a paid event, and can arrange for this if you are interested. Please contact me as soon as you can.

With all best wishes

Tim Sparke
Executive Producer

Lee
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very disappointing message. Cashing in and getting safe. Show something else. Press for Truth cut with 9/11 mysteries perhaps.
arthur two sheds jackson
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This film is nothing but a half truth at best.

It is a disgrace to the truth movement
paul wright

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arthur two sheds jackson wrote:

Nonsense. A half truth is probably better than a no truth.
If we can get the facility we'll show it anyway
I cant imagine Sparkes would really hate the publicity
Is it still up on Google?

ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arthur two sheds jackson wrote:

And what do you recommend to introduce people to 9/11 truth?
scubadiver
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul wright wrote:
Is it still up on Google?

Certainly is.

Anyway, why pass on the opportunity to get some income. Surely you don't want to operate at a loss?

xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bath Screening to be advertised on Radio Bristol

Can anyone else in that area help to publicise it?

http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?p=105045#105045
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People have been bemoaning for long the fact that it has been impossible to get any movie supportive of 9/11 truth into mainstream cinemas where it would be seen by mainstream audiences. Tim Sparke and his firm, Mercury Media have risked their capital on getting it into the mainstream and have successfully negotiated a contract with Picture Houses to get it shown on their screens all around the UK.

Picture Houses were a bit reluctant to send it on general release because they were not sure it would attract sufficiently large audiences to make it profitable for them. They therefore gave the movie two initial screenings in Brixton, London, at an awkward time of the week to see if it would attract an audience. Thanks to sterling efforts to publicise those screenings by 9/11 truth activists, those screenings were a success and the movie then in their view warranted general release.

The last I heard from Tim there is also now a chain in Italy who want to put it on general release there and there will probably be others in other countries. It is all thanks to Tim Sparke that this movie has broken into the mainstream. That was what we wanted, wasn't it?

Should we now expect Tim to breach his contract with Picture Houses by getting it screened for free elsewhere, and presumably to suffer a loss on his investment in it?

The time will come for free screenings when it has completed its general release tours. Meanwhile there are plenty of other 9/11 movies around which can be shown for free. Let's give Tim a chance to recoup his investment and hard work.

It's got into the mainstream and that's a success.
mercury
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Loose Change Final Cut: A response from Tim Sparke Reply with quote

Dear Fellow Truthers

I can understand why people are angry that we are not promoting free screenings currently, but I would ask that before you rush to judgement, you hear the reasons why there is a reluctance to do so at this time.

The situation is this. Loose Change Final Cut is the first 9/11 film to break into the mainstream. Previously all the other 9/11 films have been marginalized precisely because they have been offered as free films...in the same way as party political broadcasts go out as 'free'.

You should know that the costs of putting LCFC into Cinema's have exceeded the revenues so this isn't about money. Its about credibility, its about getting the people who wouldn't go to a 'free' showing to support the film by actually putting their hands in their pocket. The act of paying to watch the film propels the 9/11 movement into the mainstream.

In February buyers at the Berlin Festival will watch the film, they will make difficult decisions as to whether they will show the film around the world. These decision will be informed by the success of its distribution in the UK in Cinema's. If we can get it seen in Cinema's in Europe too, then our movement has real power and can no longer be ignored by those who seek to silence or disparage our concerns. Already we have our first 'all rights' deal in Italy and with luck our message will spread.

In March I hope that the film will be available in shops and DVD stores in the UK. Our aim is to get LCFC onto TV in Britain on September 11th 2008. To do so requires some discipline, and requires us to play by the rules of the mainstream, albeit working with a media world which so far has managed to categorize us as deluded propagandists, not worthy of consideration.

Once LCFC has proved the 9/11 movement should be taken seriously, then I promise that I will encourage free screenings in the UK, but for the time being, I ask that you bear with us, whilst we execute our strategy and win the battles we choose to fight. This is a long war and we have to draw on our strengths and our resolve, if we are to defeat the forces that are ranged against us.

We all desire an investigation into 9/11, we all want justice to prevail and we all have this burning desire to see some accountability. Let us unite around a core message and fight for 9/11 truth.

I hope this provides some insight into why we have chosen the mainstream route and that those of you who feel as passionately as I do, about this, the most monstrous crime this century, can continue to support our efforts.

Yours respectfully

Tim Sparke
Executive Producer
Loose Change Final Cut
Jack
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim,

Would that apply to holding a screening at my university's film society, which shows lots of current films and charges £3 to get in?

http://www.filmsoc.warwick.ac.uk/index.php?page=suggestions%2Fmain
paul wright

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes -That's the thing. I'd appreciate it being shown in independent cinemas - I dont yet see it being preented in the multiplexes like Cineworld. How is it being presented?
As soon as I see it all over I'll give up trying to present it for donations

Pikey
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
People have been bemoaning for long the fact that it has been impossible to get any movie supportive of 9/11 truth into mainstream cinemas where it would be seen by mainstream audiences. Tim Sparke and his firm, Mercury Media have risked their capital on getting it into the mainstream and have successfully negotiated a contract with Picture Houses to get it shown on their screens all around the UK.

Picture Houses were a bit reluctant to send it on general release because they were not sure it would attract sufficiently large audiences to make it profitable for them. They therefore gave the movie two initial screenings in Brixton, London, at an awkward time of the week to see if it would attract an audience. Thanks to sterling efforts to publicise those screenings by 9/11 truth activists, those screenings were a success and the movie then in their view warranted general release.

The last I heard from Tim there is also now a chain in Italy who want to put it on general release there and there will probably be others in other countries. It is all thanks to Tim Sparke that this movie has broken into the mainstream. That was what we wanted, wasn't it?

Should we now expect Tim to breach his contract with Picture Houses by getting it screened for free elsewhere, and presumably to suffer a loss on his investment in it?

The time will come for free screenings when it has completed its general release tours. Meanwhile there are plenty of other 9/11 movies around which can be shown for free. Let's give Tim a chance to recoup his investment and hard work.

It's got into the mainstream and that's a success

IMO spot on Noel.

I think the impact of LCFC on the big screen could have been better if Tim had liased more with the UK 911 truth movement network. The timing of release, a few weeks before Xmas was not ideal and Picture House have a limited number of venues. for example if I limit my travelling distance to 30 miles from my home in Northj Lancashire where and when can I see it on the big screen?

If the objective of the film is to win over more hearts and minds is there a trailer before the folm showing the existence of the UK 911 truth movement and how people can effectively support the objective of the 911 truth campaign?

Does the film publicise this or our official website?

Well done to those 911 truth activists who have promoted and enabled successful screenings of LCFC so far. Salute

Peace, truth, respect and a Mason free society

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaH-lGafwtE#
www.wholetruthcoalition.org
www.truthforum.co.uk
www.checktheevidence.com
www.newhorizonsstannes.com
www.tpuc.org
www.cpexposed.com
www.thebcgroup.org.uk
www.fmotl.com
fish5133
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pikey said
Quote:
Does the film publicise this or our official website?

this thought occured to me the day of the liverpool screening so not having any good literature i hurriedly printed off slips with www.nineeleven.co.uk to hand out. Had I been up to speed I would have got a better handout done but hey ho thats life. 911 truthers are a mix of the organised to the rag tag and bobtail variety. If we all do a little it makes a lot.
Well done Sparkes and co

scubadiver
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Loose Change Final Cut: A response from Tim Sparke Reply with quote

Mercury,

Can I suggest you post your message on 911blogger??

Pikey
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the Picturehouse website they have the following cinema venues which only really adequately cover southern England (Wales and Ireland are not hit at all) :-

Aberdeen
Bath
Brighton
Brixham
Cambridge
Clapham
Exeter
Greenwich
Henley on Thames
Liverpool
Norwich
Oxford
Southampton
Stratford upon Avon
Tollcross
York

Will future showings of LCFC be done at those above locations not yet covered (eg. York) and will it be done on a for one night only basis?

Is it worth 911 truth activists who do not have a local PH cinema contacting their own cineams with a view to facilitating showings or are big screen showings exclusive to PH?

Peace, truth, respect and a Mason free society

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaH-lGafwtE#
www.wholetruthcoalition.org
www.truthforum.co.uk
www.checktheevidence.com
www.newhorizonsstannes.com
www.tpuc.org
www.cpexposed.com
www.thebcgroup.org.uk
www.fmotl.com
scubadiver
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pushing Henley! Very Happy

I've already had positive vibes from the staff at the cinema.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Accelerationists' Armageddon Project For WWIII, Economic Crash, Starvation & Deadly Pathogens Rampant All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: