FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EU plans to destroy Trial by Jury and Habeus Corpus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lawrence Phillips
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: EU plans to destroy Trial by Jury and Habeus Corpus Reply with quote

Mayday Mayday

Quote:
Perhaps the most disturbing part of the Amsterdam Treaty are its provisions * for the legal system known as Corpus Juris to be introduced throughout the EU. (Corpus Juris can be introduced by Qualified Majority Voting, so the EU can introduce it even if we were to refuse it by a 100% majority in Westminster.)

Corpus Juris will set up a European Public Prosecutor with over-riding criminal law jurisdiction throughout Europe, initially on matters of fraud against the EU budget, later to be extended to all criminal activities, which will thus come within the EU purview. Habeas Corpus and Trial by Jury - rights enjoyed by Britons since Magna Carta - are explicitly to be abolished under these proposals. *

The implications of this proposal cannot be overemphasised. As Churchill wrote "...the great principle of Habeas Corpus and Trial by Jury ... are the supreme protection invented by the British people for ordinary individuals against the state. The power of the executive to cast a man into prison without formulating any charge known to the law, and particularly to deny him judgment by his peers for an indefinite period, is in the highest degree odious, and is the foundation of all totalitarian governments." *

The obligation to conform to the requirements of the Amsterdam Treaty explains the Government's determination to press ahead with the abolition of the right to Trial by Jury for certain offences, despite defeat in the House of Lords and widespread opposition from lawyers and civil rights groups.

Does anyone know about this?? im researching now, would like if we can coalate some info. We have to speak to our MP's about this, its unbeliavable.

Check this out
http://www.eurofaq.freeuk.com/eurofaq1.html

The EU does not recognise “trial by Jury” It has a 4 judge system, which we will enjoy unless we hassle our mp’s

I was just reading on a EU trial the “Connolly case” where they prosecuted a guy for liable for publishing info on corruption by EU elite politicians… The closing statement by the judge was “The truth is no defence” Now if we can’t have people telling us about the corruption and people can be sentenced without the protection of their peers and the truth is no defence, we’ll I guess that is a totalitarian state..

Maybe we can get some info and arrange this email you PM style thing going..

Trial by Jury is the last line of defence against tyranny. although most Juriors probably don't know or think like that.

If anyone has any info i'd appreciate help, input etc we have to let the people know about this.. Apparently by 2009/2010 we'll be under Brussels rule so err, No more trial by Jury. No tax without representation etc

Last edited by Lawrence Phillips on Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lawrence Phillips
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.eurofaq.freeuk.com/cj_folder/cj_article1.html
http://www.eurofaq.freeuk.com/cj_folder/cj_index.html

Lawrence Phillips
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have put this together to send round my friends first, and maybe spread. I have spoken to members of UKIP and have confirmed the information although its hard to dig it up by reading the many EU treaties that refer you here and there instead of being straight forward

Please proof read this for me and any suggestions are very welcome.

Quote:
I have recently discovered some information that is very serious, I have read various articles, have spoken to a MP who has advised me and I have scanned the numerous EU treaties, a very boring task.

The EU does not recognise trial by Jury or Habeus Corpus! Gordon Brown signed us to the New European treaty (constitution) without the referendum as promised in the Labour manifesto during the last election campaign. By 2010 the EU control will be fully in place and we will have no veto rights. Please read this info, so you understand why, how, and what this means.

These changes that will affect our inherited rights come under EU Corpus Juris, the EU’s plan for one legal body, these changes will be introduced by the EU as per various articles in the many EU treaties. This also provides for Qualified Majority Voting so Britain will have no veto. It will begin with fraud cases but will eventually be passed to all cases.

This is serious, you may be thinking it does not apply to you, your a good citizen, we all are, it could be your friend, your children, your MP, an honest news reporter working for your good, an honest politician, as per the EU Connolly case, where trial was held without jury and the defendant was told "The truth is no defence". This was regarding publications made speaking out against corruption within the EU, where what he reported was true but it was no defence, there was no Jury involved to defend him, and they even removed his pension which is his right under the EU. We have to say no now.

Churchill wrote "...the great principle of Habeas Corpus and Trial by Jury ... are the supreme protection invented by the British people for ordinary individuals against the state. The power of the executive to cast a man into prison without formulating any charge known to the law, and particularly to deny him judgment by his peers for an indefinite period, is in the highest degree odious, and is the foundation of all totalitarian governments."

Many people see Britain as being the home of FREEDOM as we created our unique system of parliamentary democracy backed by our COMMON LAW. The latter has been adopted, in various forms, by the other English speaking nations, notably the USA, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Ireland and Malta. Our legal system is unique in that it embodies our concept of the individual's freedom (Power of the People as embodied in our Common Law) and makes our laws quite different to those of our friends in Continental Europe. These ancient rights are now under imminent threat from Brussels under a proposal known as 'Corpus Juris'

How our law differs from that of Continental Europe
1. Our Common Law, as far back as 1215 with Magna Carta, states that a citizen can only be judged by his peers (Section 39). These rights protect the individual against arbitrary conviction and imprisonment. Our Common Law recognises several vital rights to the citizen:

• The right of Habeas Corpus (that the accused must be taken to a public court within a very short period of time, usually 24 hours, and the accusers must produce their evidence then and there)
• The right to Trial by Jury at which jurors can in fact even disregard the law if they think it would give an unjust conviction. The jurors are thus 'sovereign'
• If found innocent, the accused cannot be tried again on the same charge ('double jeopardy')
• In other words our process is 1) suspicion, 2) investigation, 3) arrest, 4) charge

2. Under the Continental system, know as the Inquisitorial System (often loosely referred to as the Napoleonic system) things are quite different:

• In Europe the sequence of events is 1) suspicion, 2) arrest, 3) investigation and 4) charge. In other words the citizen can be arrested and imprisoned without anyone having to produce any evidence against him. There is therefore:
• No Habeas Corpus so one can be imprisoned for very long periods (weeks, months, occasionally years) without any evidence being produced against you
• No right to Trial by Jury as their system involves judgements being made by a career judiciary who are the judges and prosecutors and who are, to all intents and purposes, 'colleagues' (a quite separate body of lawyers makes the defence and are often treated as inferiors)
• In most instances the accused can be tried a second time for the same offence, since the prosecution has the right of appeal against acquittal.

So what can be done?
• Write to the press, nationally and local newspapers
• Complain to your MP and MEP, and demand that they state their position on CJ
• Speak to local lawyers
• Keep up-to-date by following Corpus Juris developments in the press
• On the internet follow Corpus Juris developments
• Write to friends and relatives in the USA and Commonwealth, tell them to alert their Congressmen etc
• Inform your friends and family

The easy way to contact your MP is via this site http://www.writetothem.com/ its quick and simple. Ask them what their stance is in relation to Corpus Juris and the EU dictates that will remove our tradition of trial by jury and Habeus corpus. Let them know that you do not want to see these rights removed from British citizens. Ask them to raise this issue in parliament.

Our ancestors fought and many died to gain and defend these rights, ie, 1381 Revolution which paved the way for the Magna Carter, 1688 the Glorious Revolution which gave us our Bill of rights, the Napoleonic wars and Great wars.

Visit this site to read quotes from many great leaders about the subject, which highlights the importance of these rights. http://www.democracydefined.org/democracydefinedcampaign.htm

“Constitutions and governments which deny the Common Law Trial by Jury Justice System install constitutional despotism. Only as long as juries of ordinary citizens have the final say, government remains the servant, not the master, of the people.”

“The Jury has the power to overturn any unjust law regardless of any pressure from the court”

There is much more to this than I can’t explain here, if you’re interested I have documents and more info I can pass to you. One example is our law that no standing army be present unless in time of war. The EU EGF force is designed to control political unrest like “anti war/peace marches for example. They are very military and our government has not ruled out that they will be deployed here once fully under EU rule. This will seem very strange on our streets, please see photos here. This is not the English way. http://nuke.eurogendfor.eu/Miscellaneous/Gallery/EGEX06April2006/tabid  /75/Default.aspx

Did I mention permanent president?

andyb
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon is the man to speak to on this. We interviewed Tony benn today on the EU reform treaty which shows it's not a right wing issue. We need to stop this being ratified by parliament
Leiff
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice and well done.

You should post it here as well:

http://www.eureferendum.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=23

http://www.tpuc.org/forum/

http://www.democracyforum.co.uk/ (down at the moment)

Here are a couple of corrections for you...
Quote:
I have recently discovered some information that is very serious, I have read various articles, have spoken to a MP who has advised me and I have scanned the numerous EU treaties, a very boring task.

The EU does not recognise trial by Jury or Habeus Corpus! Gordon Brown signed us to the New European treaty (constitution) without the referendum as promised in the Labour manifesto during the last election campaign. By 2010 the EU control will be fully in place and we will have no veto rights. Please read this info, so you understand why, how, and what this means.

These changes that will affect our inherited rights come under EU Corpus Juris, the EU’s plan for one legal body, these changes will be introduced by the EU as per various articles in the many EU treaties. This also provides for Qualified Majority Voting so Britain will have no veto. It will begin with fraud cases but will eventually be passed to all cases.

This is serious, you may be thinking it does not apply to you, your (you're) a good citizen, we all are, it could be your friend, your children, your MP, an honest news reporter working for your good, an honest politician, as per the EU Connolly case, where (his) trial was held without jury and the defendant was told "The truth is no defence". This was regarding publications made speaking out against corruption within the EU, where what he reported was true but it was no defence, there was no Jury involved to defend him, and they even removed his pension which is his right under the EU. We have to say no now.

Churchill wrote "...the great principle of Habeas Corpus and Trial by Jury ... are the supreme protection invented by the British people for ordinary individuals against the state. The power of the executive to cast a man into prison without formulating any charge known to the law, and particularly to deny him judgment by his peers for an indefinite period, is in the highest degree odious, and is the foundation of all totalitarian governments."

Many people see Britain as being the home of FREEDOM as we created our unique system of parliamentary democracy backed by our COMMON LAW. The latter has been adopted, in various forms, by the other English speaking nations, notably the USA, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Ireland and Malta. Our legal system is unique in that it embodies our concept of the individual's freedom (Power of the People as embodied in our Common Law) and makes our laws quite different to those of our friends in Continental Europe. These ancient rights are now under imminent threat from Brussels under a proposal known as 'Corpus Juris'(.)

1. Our Common Law, as far back as 1215 with Magna Carta, states that a citizen can only be judged by his peers (Section 39). These rights protect the individual against arbitrary conviction and imprisonment. Our Common Law recognises several vital rights to the citizen:

• The right of Habeas Corpus (that the accused must be taken to a public court within a very short period of time, usually 24 hours, and the accusers must produce their evidence then and there)
• The right to Trial by Jury at which jurors can in fact even disregard the law if they think it would give an unjust conviction. The jurors are thus 'sovereign'
• If found innocent, the accused cannot be tried again on the same charge ('double jeopardy')
• In other words our process is 1) suspicion, 2) investigation, 3) arrest, 4) charge

2. Under the Continental system, know as the Inquisitorial System (often loosely referred to as the Napoleonic system) things are quite different:

• In Europe the sequence of events is 1) suspicion, 2) arrest, 3) investigation and 4) charge. In other words the citizen can be arrested and imprisoned without anyone having to produce any evidence against him. There is therefore:
• No Habeas Corpus so one can be imprisoned for very long periods (weeks, months, occasionally years) without any evidence being produced against you
• No right to Trial by Jury as their system involves judgements (judgments) being made by a career judiciary who are the judges and prosecutors and who are, to all intents and purposes, 'colleagues' (a quite separate body of lawyers makes the defence and are often treated as inferiors)
• In most instances the accused can be tried a second time for the same offence, since the prosecution has the right of appeal against acquittal.

So what can be done?
• Speak to local lawyers
• Write to friends and relatives in the USA and Commonwealth, tell them to alert their Congressmen etc

The easy way to contact your MP is via this site http://www.writetothem.com/ its quick and simple. Ask them what their stance is in relation to Corpus Juris and the EU dictates that will remove our tradition of trial by jury and Habeus corpus (Corpus). Let them know that you do not want to see these rights removed from British citizens. Ask them to raise this issue in parliament.

Our ancestors fought and many died to gain and defend these rights, ie, 1381 Revolution which paved the way for the Magna Carter, 1688 the Glorious Revolution which gave us our Bill of rights (Rights), the Napoleonic wars (Wars) and Great wars (War).

Visit this site to read quotes from many great leaders about the subject, which highlights the importance of these rights. http://www.democracydefined.org/democracydefinedcampaign.htm

“Constitutions and governments which deny the Common Law Trial by Jury Justice System install constitutional despotism. Only as long as juries of ordinary citizens have the final say, government remains the servant, not the master, of the people.”

“The Jury has the power to overturn any unjust law regardless of any pressure from the court”

There is much more to this than I can’t explain here, if you’re interested I have documents and more info I can pass to you. One example is our law that no standing army be present unless in time of war. The EU EGF force is designed to control political unrest like “anti war/peace marches for example. They are very military and our government has not ruled out that they will be deployed here once fully under EU rule. This will seem very strange on our streets, please see photos here. This is not the English way. http://nuke.eurogendfor.eu/Miscellaneous/Gallery/EGEX06April2006/tabid  /75/Default.aspx

Did I mention (the) permanent president?

Keep up the good work!

Lawrence Phillips
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, this is the final draft i have made some changes and added some contact info.. Please email this round your friends, wriite to your mp's etc.. If anyone has a more detailed contacts list please send them over. Post it on myspace.. whatever... get the word out.

Quote:
I have recently discovered some information that is very serious, I have read various articles, have spoken to a MP who has advised me and I have scanned the numerous EU treaties to confirm this.

The EU does not recognise Trial by Jury or Habeus Corpus! Gordon Brown signed us to the New European treaty (constitution) without the referendum as promised in the Labour manifesto. By 2010 the EU control will be fully in place and we will have no veto rights. Please read this info, so you understand why, how, and what this means.

These changes that will affect our inherited rights come under EU Corpus Juris, the EU’s plan for one legal body, these changes will be introduced by the EU as per various articles in the many EU treaties. This also provides for Qualified Majority Voting so Britain will have no veto. It will begin with fraud cases but will eventually be passed to all cases. Corpus Juris will set up a European Public Prosecutor with over-riding criminal law jurisdiction throughout Europe, initially on matters of fraud against the EU budget, later to be extended to all criminal activities, which will thus come within the EU purview. Habeas Corpus and Trial by Jury - rights enjoyed by Britons since Magna Carta - are explicitly to be abolished under these proposals.

This is serious, you may be thinking it does not apply to you, you’re a good citizen, we all are, it could be your friend, your children, your MP, an honest news reporter working for your good, an honest politician, as per the EU Connolly case, where trial was held without jury and the defendant was told "The truth is no defence". This was regarding publications made speaking out against corruption within the EU, where what he reported was true but it was no defence, there was no Jury involved to defend him, and they even removed his pension which is his right under the EU. Now if we can’t have people telling us about the corruption and people can be sentenced without the protection of their peers and the truth is no defence, we’ll I guess that is a totalitarian state.. We have to say no now.

Many people see Britain as being the home of FREEDOM as we created our unique system of parliamentary democracy backed by our COMMON LAW. The latter has been adopted, in various forms, by the other English speaking nations, notably the USA, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Ireland and Malta. Our legal system is unique in that it embodies our concept of the individual's freedom (Power of the People as embodied in our Common Law) and makes our laws quite different to those of our friends in Continental Europe. These ancient rights are now under imminent threat from Brussels under a proposal known as 'Corpus Juris'

• No right to Trial by Jury as their system involves judgements being made by a career judiciary who are the judges and prosecutors and who are, to all intents and purposes, 'colleagues' (a quite separate body of lawyers makes the defence and are often treated as inferiors)

So what can be done?
• Speak to local lawyers

The easy way to contact your MP is via this site http://www.writetothem.com/ its quick and simple. Ask them what their stance is in relation to Corpus Juris and the EU dictates that will remove our tradition of trial by jury and Habeus corpus. Let them know that you do not want to see these rights removed from British citizens and ask them to raise this issue in parliament.

Our ancestors fought and many died to gain and defend these rights, ie, 1381 Revolution which paved the way for the Magna Carter, 1688 the Glorious Revolution which gave us our Bill of Rights, the Napoleonic Wars and Great Wars.

Further more, one of our other great rights is our law that no standing army be present unless in time of war. The EU EGF force is designed to control political unrest like “anti war/peace marches for example. They are very military and our government has not ruled out that they will be deployed here once fully under EU rule. This will seem very strange on our streets, please see photos here. This is not the English way. http://nuke.eurogendfor.eu/Miscellaneous/Gallery/EGEX06April2006/tabid  /75/Default.aspx

Did I mention the Permanent President? Please spread the word so that people know about this and so the debate can begin.

Contact Information
Some contacts info’s please spread this as far and wide as possible so the debate will get moving. Informing any groups that have large numbers of members is good, football clubs, local radio and news papers, local etc. This list is just a start

Your Local MP’s
http://www.writetothem.com/
The Sun
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/article296174.ece
The Independent
http://news.independent.co.uk/article293866.ece
The Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/dmstandard/article.html?in_article_id =299115&in_page_id=711
The Daily Record
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/services-tools/contact-us/
The Guardian/Observer
http://www.guardian.co.uk/gu_contacts/0,5816,180767,00.html
The Daily Mirror
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/aboutus/contactus/
Various Local News
http://www.newspapersoc.org.uk/Default.aspx?page=1228

Lawrence Phillips
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok first criticisim i have had since sending this to friends is that it gives no direct reference to where these laws are stated. This is hard to do after scanning 4 EU treaties and being cross referenced here and there, you get lost, so the only response i can say to that is that. Is that in the Consolidated version of the treay of the Euopean Union and subsequent treaties the word Jury is not even mentioned when they describe the court system. It only mentions a judge system.

http://europa.eu.int/eur-lex/lex/en/treaties/dat/12002M/pdf/12002M_EN. pdf

Perhaps i should add this to the text.

Leiff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A search of the document for 'Jury' returns no results, which pretty much speaks for itself!

I'm sure its not by accident that it's extremely difficult to decipher these documents and treaties. I read an article the other day that mentioned that the Lisbon Treaty had been renumbered three times in an attempt to make it as difficult as possible to compare it to the rejected EU Constitution.

The implementation of Corpus Juris in the UK hinges on the justice and home affairs 'red lines' which are rather nebulous and unlikely to stand the test of time.

William Hague wrote:
Tony Blair supposedly secured the UK a range of opt-outs known as 'red lines' on issues like home affairs and social policy before leaving office. But the treaty imposes a duty on member states to put their own national interests behind those of the EU.

It also has 'self-amending' powers, which mean further power grabs by Brussels need not be referred back to member states' parliaments. Critics say this feature means the red lines are worthless.

This page also gives an idea of the clandestine way this will be introduced...

http://www.eurosceptic.com/sources_of_information/articles/How_our_leg al_system_is_being_destroyed_by_stealth.htm

Rory Winter
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The obligation to conform to the requirements of the Amsterdam Treaty explains the Government's determination to press ahead with the abolition of the right to Trial by Jury for certain offences, despite defeat in the House of Lords and widespread opposition from lawyers and civil rights groups.

None of this information indicates anything about the removal of trial-by-jury or denial of habeas corpus. Please provide hard facts, Lawrence Phillips.

And ironically habeas corpus has already been taken away by the UK Government's 'Terror' Laws which you ignore completely!

Quote:

'In Europe', presumably means, "in continental Europe' as Britain is indubitably part of Europe. This quote is a wide generalisation whereas habeas corpus does, indeed, exist in many continental countries where people aren't just incarcerated for long periods.

I know this at first hand, having been charged with a criminal offence in Spain which went to a Procurer and was then dropped for lack of evidence. At no time was my freedom denied me.

http://x09.eu/splash/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GAIALINK/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GAIALINK_FREE_UNIVERSITY/
Lawrence Phillips
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes unfortunatley Habeaus Corpus is removed under the anti terror laws Crying or Very sad I don't know how or when this will end, or if its a seperate issue to campaign. Incidently now MI5 are telling us that Al Queda has 1500 white british recruits apparently, who want to kill us. WTF! http://news.scotsman.com/latestnews/AlQaeda39s-white-army-of-terror.36 67425.jp

I'll try and dig more hard facts for you but like leife says, if you read or search the Consolidated EU treaty, especially where it describes the courts, it doesnt mention Jury at all, it only mentions a panel of Judges, so thats the no trial by jury bit covered. I confirmed these details with Torquil Dick-Erikson from UKIP who has been campaigning about this. I contacted them as i know they appose the EU so would know best about this Google his name with Corpus Juris

Rory Winter
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I confirmed these details with Torquil Dick-Erikson from UKIP

With the dreadful track record of credibility that UKIP has can you be sure that this is a trustworthy source? And UKIP is anti-EU by definition.

Quote:
Incidently now MI5 are telling us that Al Queda has 1500 white british recruits apparently, who want to kill us

Ever since 911 I have been warning the Net through my mailing list, Gaialink, that the Muslims were only an excuse for the implementation of a police state which would criminalise all dissent against the State. I created my blog, Chimes of Freedom, after 77 to keep putting out the same warnings.

The Muslims are the canary-in-the-cage. The failure of the British Left and radicals to defend the Muslims meant their signing their own death-warrant. It is a symptom of their malaise that while blaming the EU for the oncoming police state, they dig their heads in the sand and remain silent about events much closer home.

rodin
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess by 2012 at this rate we will be totally Sovietised
rodin
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The failure of the British Left and radicals to defend the Muslims meant their signing their own death-warrant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_far_left

Sponsored and infiltrated by Commies (agents) of the Invisible Empire.

No wonder they don't stand up for Muslims. They stakeholders in the War on Terror

Rory Winter
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sponsored and infiltrated by Commies (agents) of the Invisible Empire.

No wonder they don't stand up for Muslims. They stakeholders in the War on Terror

What?!? Who is this nutter? Is this kind of comment typical of this Forum?

Annie
9/11 Truth Organiser
9/11 Truth Organiser

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lawrence Phillips wrote:

Thanks for this, Lawrence. This provision is called a "perverse verdict" (!). That is, the jury knows that the accused is guilty under the law, but that the law is an ass. It is a right that 12 jurors won in the 17th century after refusing to convict and, for their actions, were locked up in the courtroom for 10 days. They refused to capitulate, and through their courage won this right.

Unfortunately, this right was shredded during the Shayler trial in 2002, when the judge ordered the jury to convict. This was glossed over by the national press.

The European model comes, I understand, from the Napoleonic Code of law, where an investigating judge arrests and imprisons someone on suspicion, then proceeds to investigate the evidence around the case. Meanwhile, the suspect languishes in prison for the duration. Again, my understanding is that there is no compensation if they are then released (please correct me if I'm wrong about this).

Regards

Annie

TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumours of the death warrant being signed have proved premature.
and
The treasonous theft of sovereignty is about as close to home as it gets.

Rory Winter wrote:
The failure of the British Left and radicals to defend the Muslims meant their signing their own death-warrant. It is a symptom of their malaise that while blaming the EU for the oncoming police state, they dig their heads in the sand and remain silent about events much closer home.

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
Rory Winter
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Rumours of the death warrant being signed have proved premature.
and The treasonous theft of sovereignty is about as close to home as it gets.

That's right, Tony, just carry on with your smug attitudes believing that somehow you're going to change the world when in reality you people are really no different to a bunch of trainspotters playing games.

Last edited by Rory Winter on Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rory Winter
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The European model comes, I understand, from the Napoleonic Code of law, where an investigating judge arrests and imprisons someone on suspicion, then proceeds to investigate the evidence around the case. Meanwhile, the suspect languishes in prison for the duration

Your description of Napoleonic Law fits in perfectly with current British "Anti Terror" laws where suspects are held for long periods and then subject to biased juries who bang them up for several years.

Habeas Corpus? What habeas corpus? It's already been taken away from us by Westminster politicians, not Brussels!

Annie
9/11 Truth Organiser
9/11 Truth Organiser

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: April Reply with quote

Hi Rory

I'm going to be up in Scotland with Chris Coverdale staying at Paul Carline's around 22 April, doing some stuff in the Scottish Parliament. Do you fancy meeting for a catch-up?

Regards

Annie

Rory Winter
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea. I'll email you.
blackbear
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Rory

Rodin..
"Sponsored and infiltrated by Commies (agents) of the Invisible Empire.

No wonder they don't stand up for Muslims. They stakeholders in the War on Terror"

You reply.".What?!? Who is this nutter? Is this kind of comment typical of this Forum?"

You previously state:..The Muslims are the canary-in-the-cage. The failure of the British Left and radicals to defend the Muslims meant their signing their own death-warrant. It is a symptom of their malaise that while blaming the EU for the oncoming police state, they dig their heads in the sand and remain silent about events much closer home.

Rory...who is the nutter. I thought.....

Shall i introduce you to the [b]left wing who were + still are whoring for dead muslims [/b]...........all in the name of democracy, union rights, etc...

?
Rory Winter
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackbear, my concern and shame at the way that we as a country have allowed the persecution of the British Muslim community would apply equally if the same thing had happened to any other minority community, Jews for example.

See 'Was it like this for the Irish?'

http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?p=114835#114835&sid=a9 784e0dfc3b3232506c8ee2bd6a

The scape-goating and persecution of Jews came from the same kind of bigotry and predatory evil as has that of British Muslims and points to something far worse than indifference. It is, I maintain, a symptom of our slide into fascism & a police state.

Your use of the word 'whoring' in this context is offensive and obnoxious. Those of the Left, Right or Centre who stand up for the protection of Human Rights and our minority communities are to be applauded for their principled actions. I only wish that many more would have a similar, principled position of courage.

Last edited by Rory Winter on Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rory Winter
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:20 am    Post subject: New Thread on Europe Reply with quote

The Europe Controversy

A new Thread meant to continue this & related topics has now been opened in the Scotland Group at

http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?t=14190

All are welcome to post there, Thanks! Thumbs Up

TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEMO AS MEN ON £2M GUN RAID CHARGE ARE TRIED WITHOUT A JURY
Wednesday January 13,2010
By Tom Morgan FOUR men accused of armed robbery yesterday appeared in court in the first big criminal trial to be heard in England and Wales without a jury in more than 400 years..........
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/151378/Demo-as-men-on-2m-gun-raid- charge-are-tried-without-a-jury-

http://podcast.gcnlive.com/podcast/world_crisis/0109102.mp3

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: