FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Should this site have adverts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should this site carry advertising?
Yes
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Should this site have adverts? Reply with quote

I have an inherent loathing of all adverts: cultural pollution in my book and when I'm supreme ruler all advertising will be banned along with the X-factor, Deal or No deal and Big Brother.

But until then .............

Due to growing traffic, the ISP costs are rising fast. When it was £70/year, I had no problem picking up the bill but now it is nearer £70/month.......

Plus the British campaign is in the red and cannot rely on the continued generosity of a few kind benefactors.

Possible solution. Introduce google ads. Income is generated by the number of clicks an advertiser receives.

The revenue would go to cover the ISP costs and any surplus (which potentially is significant) would go to the British Campaign. I would maintain a separate account for this purpose and make the account statements available to the campaign for independent auditing.

I would welcome your thoughts and suggestions
Light Infantree
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel much the same as you Ian. I can't bide advertising but I would dislike it even more if we lost this brilliant site due to a lack of cash. This could happen unless money starts coming in from somewhere.

Alternatives? A subscription? - Most, I feel would be against this.
Donations? Blood from a stone.

I believe that a small amount of advertising although not particularly welcome, is a very good way to bring in a few coffers. I am certain there will be many who are not so in favour but i would ask those who feel that this would be a bad move, to seriously think about it for a minute..

Stop worrying, take risks
Be brave

The revolution has been cancelled - its an evolution and everyone's included
fish5133
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although we have some good local 911 truth sites around the country , this site is too important to lose as it offers a portal into 911 truth in the UK. Events, campaigning and other forum have some good stuff (also some rubbish) on them especially for newbie 911 truthers.

How did the donation request go?

Any fund raising ideas? sponsors?

Surely must be enough active truthers on here to make it only a small monthly payment to keep the site alive

karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I strongly believe that this site and indeed this entire campaign should be run on a more financially stable basis. Adverts on the website is a very good move because it will generate funding for hosting, optimisation, and indeed spreading the message further.
Adverts on this site could pay for our own adverts on other sites!

Seriously, it is high time we became a professional campaign and fundraising is essential to our survival and expansion.
Ravenmoon
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem with adverts, i never click on any anyway Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: