FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gestapo Watch - Arrested at Gunpoint for using MP3 Player

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Gestapo Watch - Arrested at Gunpoint for using MP3 Player Reply with quote

"The police found me on CCTV and followed me. I got on the bus and the police followed. I was listening to my music so I didn't really notice all the cars behind the bus.
"I got off and started walking home. I saw this cop gesture at me and at first I couldn't hear what he was saying. I turned the music off and they were telling me to put my hands up in the air.
"As I got closer I could see that two of the cops had guns. There were two police dogs there as well. I was searched at the scene then hauled off to the station and interviewed.
"I was really shocked when I saw the guns. They were pointing them right at me. It was a pretty scary experience. I had no idea what was going on.

Man arrested at gunpoint after police mistake his MP3 player for a gun

Armed police held an innocent mechanic at gunpoint when they mistook his MP3 player for a pistol.

Darren Nixon, 28, was arrested and put in police cell for simply listening to music on his way home from work.

The shocked garage worker was then swabbed for a DNA sample, had his mugshot taken and was fingerprinted.....(...............................)

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
Ravenmoon
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would the outcome have been if he were asian
Busker
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Source?
telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having read the original report in full, I have to highlight this as being incorrect;

Quote:
Armed police held an innocent mechanic at gunpoint when they mistook his MP3 player for a pistol.

The way this is phrased is very misleading - police didn't mistake his MP3 player for a gun - the woman who reported it did.

Plus he wasn't arrested for using an MP3 player - he was arrested because it was reported he was seen carrying a firearm - huge difference.

I completely challenge the official version of events - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC -I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC
Lawrence Phillips
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah/.. good point above.. but why did they take his DNA?? was he found guilty of any crime?
telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lawrence Phillips wrote:
yeah/.. good point above.. but why did they take his DNA?? was he found guilty of any crime?

Every person who is arrested is processed and part of the booking-in procedure now encompasses the taking of DNA /photos/fingerprints.

This is more a timing issue than anything else - before you can be questioned/interviewed, the booking-in process has to be followed to the letter (the custody officer oversees this).

Depending on the offence, whilst you are questioned, checks can be run on the information taken/supplied.

No, he wasn't charged with anything - obviously his 'guilt' could only have been established in a court - he was released without charge so there was no court appearance involved.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_artic le_id=513875&in_page_id=1770

It is so repetitive how headlines have to be embellished to show someone or a body of people in a bad light. This is a prime example of 'headline loading' taking things way out of context.

I completely challenge the official version of events - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC -I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC
alwun
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: arrest? Reply with quote

so TC,
you remain an apologist.

some fantasist reckons my mp3 player is a sophisticated weapon, and so I end up surrounded by armed polis. A very bad place to be, given their record over the years.
I imagine the polis would have taken the time to notice that they had been rendered overkill silly by some donuthead who pointed the finger at this young man.
ie "it's an mp3 player, sarge."

A sincere apology is now in order, given their gun-toting scarifying tactics.

- but no-- it's arrest for you and down to the station for DNA if you please.

Data theft, and right in front of your eyes.

Total BS and no denying that.
telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: arrest? Reply with quote

alwun wrote:
so TC,
you remain an apologist.

some fantasist reckons my mp3 player is a sophisticated weapon, and so I end up surrounded by armed polis. A very bad place to be, given their record over the years.
I imagine the polis would have taken the time to notice that they had been rendered overkill silly by some donuthead who pointed the finger at this young man.
ie "it's an mp3 player, sarge."

A sincere apology is now in order, given their gun-toting scarifying tactics.

- but no-- it's arrest for you and down to the station for DNA if you please.

Data theft, and right in front of your eyes.

Total BS and no denying that.

Having read your response, you have now raised additional issues that you somehow believe I should account for.

I am not sure what you require in addition to what it clearly says in the report;

Quote:
Mr Nixon, from Stoke-on-Trent, has now received an apology from Staffordshire Police

Perhaps some roses? A cuddle?

The point you choose to avoid is that it is more than conceivable that if the man had been carrying a firearm, he could have ditched it down the side of the seat on the bus, in a plastic bag in the used ticket bin, in a refuse bin having got off, wherever. At that point - the police were totally unsure as to what was happening - so simply immediately identifying that the MP3 player must be what the woman saw had to be clearly established. If he was carrying a gun and was approached by an unarmed officer - what could have happened, hence armed response?

I remember chasing a shoplifter and by the time she was caught, she had nothing on her that the store detective had seen her pocket. Going back over the route found it squirrelled away in all kinds of places. So to say, you haven't got anything on you, we've got the wrong person, doesn't exactly wash.

To cite the police for arresting the man for listening to music is untrue. The police didn't mistake his MP3 player for a weapon - someone else did - this is what I am saying. The man was arrested so the facts could be established - they were and he was freed. Everyone who is arrested is processed following PACE, processing involves DNA collection.

I have strived to be clear in that this site professes to be on the quest for truth, yet misinformation is proliferated by some here. My point isn't about what is 'due' this young man or overkill by the police, merely that the thread should read;

'Numpty Watch - shortsighted woman gets innocent man arrested'

The current title is blatantly and unquestionably designed to make a point based upon semantic distortion of the facts - that is not the quest for truth and it goes completely against what most people here stand for. The police got information and acted upon it, following investigation they realised it was incorrect. It couldn't be established he was innocent without playing it by the book - perhaps you'd rather he was shot and not arrested?

There was nothing at the time to suggest that the MP3 player was automatically the 'gun'. I genuinely have no clue what you expect of the police in this situation - they ignore the information and they are damned - act upon it and the same is true.

TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

click on the picture
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_artic le_id=513875&in_page_id=1770
This story wasn't in today's Mail

Busker wrote:
Source?

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is just one word to describe telecasterisation: 'pedantic'.

At the weekend an oil platform was evacuated because a woman had dreams it might be blown up.

The police in this country are losing all sense of proportion and depriving people of their rights on chinese whispers.

You have deliberately missed the point again tele. in robotic fashion. If I had my way you'd be history here. I suggest people just ignore your trivia and irellevancies.

Maybe you should get some kind of shill of the year award? Maybe we should invent one specially for you?

telecasterisation wrote:

The way this is phrased is very misleading - police didn't mistake his MP3 player for a gun - the woman who reported it did.

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you believe this you'd believe anything
It's called normalising the Gestapo tactics
Quote:

Nixon was taken into custody and his fingerprints were taken and a DNA sample was added to a database before police recognized that he was not armed.
http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Quirks/2008/02/13/mp3_player_mistaken_for _gun/8577/

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
alwun
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: dissembly all round Reply with quote

TC

what you omitted to point out then, is that

Quote:
The police apologized and Nixon was released without charges, but his DNA sample will permanently remain in the database and his record will show that he was arrested on suspicion of a firearms offense.

so he gets a jacket for no reason that even you can cook up - or??
uselesseater
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The police should have a more measured response in the light of the 'intelligence' they were going of.

I remember how they raided the house at forest gate on the strength of the word of a heavily retarded man.

Having DNA taken as a matter of procedure is no defence whatsoever. At the very least the police could offer to remove his data as an apology is worth nothing.

www.myspace.com/truthleeds
alwun
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: well indeed Reply with quote

hi uselesseater,
I am charmed by your delightful euphemisms. For 'raided' I read savage invasion. The polis shot a member of a large household in the chest. A household composed of all ages, from babies and toddlers to the elderly grandparents.
Was the trigger happy savage charged with attempted murder? arrested? fingerprinted? eh?
TC what do you say to that? eh? When has a polis guilty of murder EVER been even admonished? EH?
Custodians of the law?
LOL
telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: well indeed Reply with quote

alwun wrote:
hi uselesseater,
I am charmed by your delightful euphemisms. For 'raided' I read savage invasion. The polis shot a member of a large household in the chest. A household composed of all ages, from babies and toddlers to the elderly grandparents.
Was the trigger happy savage charged with attempted murder? arrested? fingerprinted? eh?
TC what do you say to that? eh? When has a polis guilty of murder EVER been even admonished? EH?
Custodians of the law?
LOL

Hi alwun

I must firstly acknowledge that you approach me again for my opinion;

We appear now to be comparing an incident where someone was shot, to one where someone was merely arrested. The Forest Gate scenario was indeed apparently poorly handled and it appears that there was gross and extreme overreaction on the part of the police.

Having been a serving police officer, I have a perspective that few here can appreciate and as I have highlighted many times in other threads, there are both good and bad police officers and I do not condone the actions of the bad. This allows me a unique view and I can stand back and see things from many different angles.

I have seen bad decisions/poor judgement being construed as deliberate acts of malice, which can happen in any walk of life - we are all just human beings. Police officers are just people in uniform, the job cannot be blamed for the shortcomings of a few - don't blame the players, blame the game.

I note I am cited as being 'robotic', which is strange considering I only ever seek truth without being encumbered by agendas. Consequently, I stand back and question first before attempting to reach any conclusion. I do not automatically label and judge first and so have a much more free, less mechanical and liberal frame of mind, but can appreciate why people struggle to accept that.

The point about the police and murder is that murder is unlawful killing - an officer who takes life whilst on duty is not (depending on circumstances obviously), committing murder.

I have only contributed to this thread, not to appluade or justify any actions by any police in any force. Merely to highlight, that this thread was constructed to endorse the misleading aspects of the original media report - the police did not arrest anyone for using an MP3 player, nor mistake said device for a weapon. My responses do not say I agree with what subsequently happened, however no-one was injured and the instant the facts were established, he walked. I have not commented on his DNA being retained - but I do believe it should be destroyed along with the record of his arrest.

I have simply answered what was asked of me with no endorsement of, or justification as to the rights or wrongs of any procedures or processes.

I hope this clarifies my position.

alwun
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: righty ho Reply with quote

Hi TC,

indeed I did solicit your opinion, although not as elegantly as your prose suggests. I acknowledge your point about the good/bad apples etc. I have in my time met a number of thoroughly decent and intelligent polis. Nevertheless an innocent person now has an awful potential stain on his character for NO reason at all, and it is this unbalanced equation which disturbs me. That's all.

cheers Al..
telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One key issue I failed to include;

The set processes that are followed are laid down for the police to follow, they do not formulate them themselves. It isn't a handful of PC's in the canteen thinking up new procedures and implementing them. In my experience, most police officers would dramatically streamline the entire clunky blizzard of minutiae.

However, the key point here is that having followed the arrest/processing sequence, the police have no facility to remove DNA samples from the NDNAD. This is administrated and run by the FSS (Forensic Science Service), which I believe comes under the jurisdiction of the Home Office.

If the police could press a button and remove Darren Nixon's DNA/fingerprints and image but refused to do so, I can appreciate anti-police feeling being justified - but that is not the case. The police have no control over data removal from the interfaces they have available to them. They were obligated to process him like every other person who is arrested, his data entered the system, end of police involvement.

Unfortunately the system is such that data collection is carried out as the first stage post-arrest, prior to interview and if/wheninnocence is established, the way legislation stands, matters cannot be reversed by those responsible for his arrest, that lies with the courts.

To keep bashing 'the police' for following procedures they have zero control over is just plain shortsighted. They are as much slaves to a system as anyone else.

911Eyewitness
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

telecasterisation wrote:
Having read the original report in full
he was arrested because it was reported he was seen carrying a firearm

An apologist would find this okay.

When one reports a witch you first put them to the test.

If it were not for state terrorism instilling fear in the idiot subject who made the insidious report (who should be held accountable and fined as well as pay retribution to the injured party) the event would never happen. If sentient beings were in control of themselves there would be no need for police brandishing weapons at innocents who have no weapons upon being stopped. Neither should the innocent be taken from their way for no reason other than someone calling them a witch.

Apologists might find cause to bring the innocent down for DNA testing, blood testing, birthright testing and so forth just because some subject decided their eyes saw blood. On the other hand the woman who called him a terrorist gun toady went home thinking she's the hero. Justice in the UK?

Such is life under the queen.
alwun
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:08 am    Post subject: well put Reply with quote

Mr Siegel,

the witch analogy is well suited to these times. We are encouraged to see demons amongst us.

cheers Al..
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

911Eyewitness wrote:

Stop being a silly billy

Do you really imagine americans are any freer than britons? Do you think you have any more control over who is your president than we have over who is over our queen or prime minister. Does the 'royal lineage' play any less of a role in who governs you? This isn't some stupid game between republicans and royalists. Personally I don't ever remember being asked if wanted the queen to rule over me. We are all helpless little sheeple under the yolk of the same system, the same gangsters and sociopaths.

Unless of course we decide we are not.
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I quite like our queen even though she's been a helluva duffer over the War on Terror. It was that eugenicist of a husband of hers Field Marshall Phil the Greek that has been wielding the dark hatchet destroying all things good.

The lack of education and culture in the US which is only relatively recently beginning to darken our fair shores means the establishment on the other side of the pond is less well dug in.

Changing the establishment here in Britain is almost impossible. And what with the direction we're being pushed at the moment I'm glad about that.

911Eyewitness wrote:

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
fish5133
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man arrested at gunpoint after police mistake his MP3 player for a gun

This all stems from the mistake made by senior people in our government and intelligence services that Iraq had WMDs when in fact it was an Aspirin factory.
Liverpool police also confused a central heating boiler in a loft for a cannabis factory.

Lets face it we all make mistakes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: