FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Connery: Scots independence close

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> UK 9/11 Truth - Scotland group
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: Connery: Scots independence close Reply with quote

Sir Sean Connery has said he believes Scotland will become an independent country within his lifetime.

The 77-year-old former James Bond actor, who lives in the Bahamas, says Scotland is "within touching distance" of achieving independence.

Writing for the Scottish Sunday Express, Sir Sean praises the work of the SNP government which gained power in the devolved parliament last year.

He has been the SNP's most high-profile supporter, donating thousands to funds.

Sir Sean, who was born in Edinburgh, has previously sworn not to return to the country until it is independent.

In the article, Sir Sean praises Scotland's First Minister Alex Salmond and the work of the SNP government since it came into power in May 2007.

Sir Sean writes: "I've always been hopeful about Scotland's prospects. And I now believe more than ever that Scotland is within touching distance of achieving independence and equality."

The first step towards achieving this was winning Scotland right to a separate parliament in 1997 and the second was electing an SNP Government last year, the actor says.

"I believe we have what it takes to take the third step, and I am convinced it will happen in my lifetime."

In the article, Sir Sean also hails Scotland for securing its own parliament for the first time since the "parcel of rogues" sold its freedom in 1707.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7261161.stm

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
Keith Mothersson
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Independence of mind Reply with quote

If most Scots think it Okay to slap kids or a woman (Connery?);
if most Scots have hate-spots just ready for the PTB to supply scapegoat communities (Catholics, Prods, Muslims, English);
if most Scots believe in the war on Terror and John Smeaton action man (but don't ask questions, man),
then it is hard to see how we will get independence without the Anglo-American State causing civil war on the 'way out'.

Salmond is doing not too bad but it is worrying that he dropped bus re-regualtionfor a big donation from Souter of StageCoach; in any case his room for manouevre is limited unless he widens / educates people to the whole diminesion sof what we are up against. But being a politician (albeit an unusually intelligent one who does I believe know about 911) he is loathe to risk the wrath of the tabloids (as he once went too far ahea d of his party also on opposing the Nato war on erbia/backing for KLA).

Seeing the brit state as the problem should be the basis for 'friendship both sides of the border' (Dick Gaughan) with ordinary people.

For me the criterion for whether or not I back independence is what is 'for the best' - for all beings, including the English, the global South, etc.

But mostly I am well-dsiposed to independence, just worried about the William Wallace macho variety of Frat-rule independence; rather I go for building our true Motherland - which is simultaneously local, regional, national continental, worldwide with no need to fight each other. (Naive idealism, I know, but maybe it is also naive for people to follow the Connery version of Independence - and don't mention the wealth of multimillionaries living in Spain or in the Highlands, or in the Banking capiital of Edinburgh ??)

May all beings be happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> UK 9/11 Truth - Scotland group All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: