FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oscar winning actress Marion Cotillard questions 9/11
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackcat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/march2008/030308_refuses_recant.h tm

Quote:
Newspaper Fakes Story Of Actress' "Apology" Over 9/11 Comments
Despite hyperbole and media-contrived "anger" after statements, Cotillard will not apologize for expressing viewpoint held by majority of Americans
Paul Joseph Watson,Prison Planet,Monday, March 3, 2008

Oscar-winning actress Marion Cotillard has refused to yield to a non-existent media-manufactured "outrage" and recant her comments about 9/11, as some newspapers falsely claim that she has "apologized" for discussing the collapse of the WTC complex and sharing doubts about the official story held by the majority of Americans.

Under the headline, Marion Cotillard U-turns on 9/11 conspiracy, the London Telegraph claims that the French actress has been, "Forced into an embarrassing climb-down after accusing America of fabricating the 9/11 attacks."

In actual fact, Cotillard merely said that she regretted the fact that the comments had been taken out of context by the media, and in a London Times report re-affirms her original statements.

"The actress's agent, Bastien Duval, told The Times that Cotillard, who charmed the crowd with her emotional acceptance speech after winning her Oscar, was "still in shock" at the angry reaction to her comments in the United States," reads the report.

But the newspaper fails to point out where such anger is being expressed aside from Internet comments made by New York Post readers - a notorious Neo-Con rag read by a combination of unsophisticated meat-heats and vacuum-headed celebrity gossip junkies.

Duval also told The Times, "She hopes that the Americans will have enough distance to understand, but her career is not just American. She can make films everywhere."

Which is basically a big "f**k you" to the media-generated controversy about comments made a year ago, and a response to the holier-than-thou attitude of the minority who still cling on to the fairy tale of the official government version of 9/11.

For the Telegraph to claim that Cotillard "apologized" and backed down on her stance is a completely manufactured story. They have cherry picked and cropped a segment of a quote about the media taking things out of context and, low and behold, taken it out of context!

The establishment tried a similar dirty trick a year after Charlie Sheen went public on his 9/11 doubts - making it appear as if he had recanted when in actual fact he stood by his position all along.

To re-iterate, the fact that Cotillard expressed a sentiment that is shared by the majority of Americans, along with hundreds of intelligence experts, former Presidents and the Parliaments of major countries, does not make for a controversy - it only highlights how contrived this whole spectacle really is - and how dumb the smear machine is for failing to employ a crude debunking tactic and succeeding only in placing 9/11 truth back in the public arena.

Who would have thought??!!! The Telegrapgh is LYING!!!! Just like they lied about documents being found in the chaos of Baghdad that showed Galloway was implicated in bribery by Saddam Hussain!!! SURELY NOT!!!!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article3477645.ece

Quote:
Marion Cotillard 'in shock' over 9/11 row, but will not apologise

"The conflict between corporations and activists is that of narcolepsy versus remembrance. The corporations have money, power and influence. Our sole influence is public outrage. Extract from "Cloud Atlas (page 125) by David Mitchell.
simplesimon
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonjo wrote:
Quote:
It looks like an exercise in oppinion manipulation. The average reader might feel isolated in agreeing with her reading those comments when there is in fact a mass of people who agree...I commented too but not surprisingly it didn't get added. Surely they should post all comments if they are not libelous or 'offensive'. This censorship is very telling don't you think.

Of course, though I would disagree with censorship justified by someone saying they find it "offensive". Everything is offensive to somebody. Free speech is absolute, or meaningless.

In addition to manipulating public opinion, reader / viewer / listener comments, and "opinion polls", are for gauging how the lies are being received, and bolstering the illusion of "participation" in our so-called "democracy".

BBC - "Have your say". (But only if we don't censor, sorry "moderate" it).
Grud - "Comment is Free". (Only it's not).
etc. etc.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/03/03/wcotil lard103.xml

Quote:
...the notoriously patriotic Hollywood film industry ...

LMFAO. They serve another power entirely.

Quote:
... reacted against her vitriol...

Yeah... the bile! ...fensiv it was, the nasty, bitter woman!

Anyway. I wonder why the MSM came out with this now, given that she said it so long ago. It's unlikely "they" weren't aware of her comments when she got the Oscar, surely?. Something deeper going on here I think.

BTW Tony:
Quote:
This is not the place to argue whether moon landings were faked.
If you wish to do so go here

Didn't you sort of, effectively, start that argument on this thread?

karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think there is any way of complaining about the BBC's Andrew Marr for calling her a 'fruitcake' live on national tv.
Surely that is libel?

Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A look at the comments on the Times page suggests they have a better understanding of censorship. Some of them are from Americans.
blackcat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://marion-cotillard.org/general/conspiracy-theories#comments

Quote:
Conspiracy theories
When I came online a few hours ago I was deeply shocked. Not only were there many disrespectful comments about Marion Cotillard here on the site but I had also received countless emails insulting both me and Marion Cotillard. Is it any wonder that we have wars in this world when people rush to make such harsh comments after reading something they don’t like or agree with?

Over a year ago, during a French TV show called ‘Paris Première - Paris Dernière’ that aired on February 16, 2007 the show’s host Xavier de Moulins asked La Vie en Rose Make-Up artist Didier Lavergne about the death of his friend Coluche in 1986. Didier explains how he witnessed the incident from just a few meters away and how he came to doubt the official story that it was simply a stupid accident. Afterwards, they asked Marion Cotillard about her opinion. Her answer was elusive on the Coluche matter but included her take on conspiracy theories in general. To summarize, she is not believing everything she’s being told but is neither convinced of all the existing conspiracy theories - although being fascinated by them. During the informal discussion she cautiously states that she would rather carefully examine any conspiracy theory than automatically embrace the general opinion. Read a French transcript and an English translation by Mariana after the cut. Remember, she does not deny the horror of 9/11 nor that it happened.

Cotillard could not be reached Sunday but her lawyer, Vincent Toledano, told AFP she had “never intended to contest nor question the attacks of September 11, 2001, and regrets the way old remarks have been taken out of context.”

Once again this is proof that more often than not the media will dig up anything to defame a successful person. Despite being under intense scrutiny for months during the awards season Marion Cotillard has proven to be a down-to-earth and nice celebrity in addition to being super-talented. After her Oscar win it is typical that it is this part of the 50 minute-interview that is being taken out of context and blown out of proportion instead of e.g. her stand on ecological matters. I’m all for freedom of speech but I will be deleting any disrespectful comments here on the site. You might not agree with Marion Cotillard but that is no reason to become insulting! This is a place to promote Marion’s work and not where one can engage in heated discussions about conspiracy theories.

Sara Amelia:
As a former co-web here, and a huge Marion fan and now, supporter (as unfortunately, we must now be placed into that category), I would most definitely like to publically have my say. Maria has kindly let me add my opinion to this post, and I thank her for that. First and foremost, I want to come to Maria’s defense and aid here. To see the absolutely horrific comments she’s received is by far disgusting, and I’m appalled to see how pathetic people are. As human beings, we’re allowed to speak our minds, talk theories, and feel safe to do so. Unfortunately, for a country that preaches the allowance of freedom of speech, an immediate red flag raises when someone says something a little out of the box. Maria has done a beautiful job with this site, covering the career of a absolutely fantastic actress, and even more so, a truly wonderful person. In no way, should she or Marion be put down or bashed for what they do or say. We need to learn to love, and be accepting to those, instead of sheltering ourselves from what we’d rather not hear.

What I ask, from you, the person reading this right now.. is to rise above and realize that Marion, or Maria, has not killed anyone. They have not held a gun to your head, or threatened your life. Should we really concern ourselves with a comment said over a year ago that now seems to be an issue? Or should we really be concerned about the real issues, right in our own backyard? Have we not learned anything at all from the Dixie Chicks? Were we not apalled by the actions of our fellow people, for going so far as to give death threats? Let’s not allow that to happen once again.

You can leave a comment in support of her at the above site.

"The conflict between corporations and activists is that of narcolepsy versus remembrance. The corporations have money, power and influence. Our sole influence is public outrage. Extract from "Cloud Atlas (page 125) by David Mitchell.
scubadiver
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scubadiver wrote:
A look at the comments on the Times page suggests they have a better understanding of censorship. Some of them are from Americans.

My comment about Bin Laden has been accepted! Very Happy

scubadiver
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scienceplease wrote:
scubadiver wrote:
scienceplease wrote:
The Daily Mail has a comments section; I think she needs some positive comments of support...

The Daily Mail reviews comments. Confused

Oh dear. So I see. It looks like not one comment of support is being let through. I guess you guys have seen this before but this is awlful.

btw, I think the BBC blogs & comments have gone the same way. Nothing posted on those "Part of the Conspiracy" comment sections for ages.

Anyone looked at the Daily Mail comments. That is blatant censorship.

scienceplease
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scubadiver wrote:
scienceplease wrote:
scubadiver wrote:
scienceplease wrote:
The Daily Mail has a comments section; I think she needs some positive comments of support...

Oh dear. So I see. It looks like not one comment of support is being let through. I guess you guys have seen this before but this is awlful.

btw, I think the BBC blogs & comments have gone the same way. Nothing posted on those "Part of the Conspiracy" comment sections for ages.

Times Online seem to be allowing a more balanced set of comments though... I have added a comments in support of Marion (and to the relatives of 9/11 victims)
outsider
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link, blackcat. Marion is censoring 'Conspiracy Theory' posts, but hopefully this will get through:
I have not yet seen your film, but I'm a fan of Edith Piaf (who isn't?) and I will watch your film when I have the opportunity.
I welcome the fact that you find the 'Official Conspiracy Theory' questionable; and you are certainly not being disrespectful to the victims or their friends and relations - check the 'Jersey Girls' site - they all lost their husbands in the attacks, and don't believe the US Government line for one minute.
And, Maria, please remember the Media has an agenda; many of my friends have posted supportive posts in the UK media, but they have not been printed.
I am very much a Francophile, but unfortunately my French is not good. !Vive La France! !Vive la Verite! !Vive Marion Cottilard!
P B, London UK

She has allowed my post, it's still up .

Last edited by outsider on Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:53 am; edited 1 time in total
outsider

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyGosling wrote:
This is not the place to argue whether moon landings were faked.
If you wish to do so go here

You're right, of course. But I'm sure this won't hurt!!!

MASONIC ASTRONAUTS:
Edwin E. "Buzz" Aldrin, Jr., Leroy Gordon Cooper, Donn F. Eisele, Virgil I. Grissom, Edgar D. Mitchell, Walter M. Schirra, Jr., Thomas P. Stafford, Paul J. Weitz, James B. Irwin, John Glenn.
(and I'm sure at least two were 33* Scottish Rite, but I can't find the site at present)

and another site:

http://www.phoenixmasonry.org/masonicmuseum/americas_astronauts_fdcs.h tm

blackcat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/march2008/030408_contrived_outrag e.htm

Quote:
Contrived "Outrage" Dissipates In Aftermath Of Actress' 9/11 Comments
"A lot of people in Hollywood agree with her," points out Syracuse Professor

Paul Joseph Watson, Prison Planet, Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The phony media-contrived "outrage" that was generated in the wake of Oscar-winning actress Marion Cotillard's comments about 9/11, statements that supposedly threatened to "jeopardize her Hollywood career," has rapidly dissipated as one University professor is forced to admit that "a lot of people in Hollywood agree with her."

Immediately after the comments, which were first broadcast a year ago, were given attention on Sunday, an international media smear campaign swung into high gear attempting to tar Cotillard as anti-American and whip up a manufactured frenzy to ensure her career was mothballed.

In doing so, the establishment were seeking to make an example out of the actress and create a chilling effect to prevent other public figures sharing their doubts about 9/11.

The firestorm occurred at the end of another devastating two weeks for the official 9/11 story, after it emerged that one of the alleged hijackers had booked post-9/11 flights, in addition to the complete impartiality of the 9/11 Commission being exposed.

The complete failure of the media-contrived "outrage" was sealed after Cotillard refused to recant her comments and basically gave the middle finger to those who baselessly claimed the phony controversy would end her Hollywood career. Despite this, newspapers like the London Telegraph falsely claimed that Cotillard had "apologized" and backed down, when she had done no such thing aside from say her statements were taken out of context by the media.

As we pointed out, Cotillard expressed a sentiment that is shared by the majority of Americans, along with hundreds of intelligence experts, former Presidents and the Parliaments of major countries.

This assertion has again been vindicated by a report today that canvasses opinion amongst Hollywood media luminaries.

"I don't think by any means that this makes her persona non grata in Hollywood. A lot of people in Hollywood agree with her," states Robert Thompson, a professor of television at Syracuse University in New York.

"Everybody in America has a conspiracy theory," echoed Joel Stratte McClure, gossip columnist for the Los Angeles Daily News, adding: "Nobody is castigated or shunned" because of it.

"There's so much doubt with George Bush's policy today, that you could say that he planned it and people wouldn't get upset," he said of the 9/11 attacks.

"By voicing her opinions, she hasn't hurt herself at all," said Elizabeth Snead, another commentator for The Envelope.

"I don't think it will hurt her career," Snead said, noting that the director Oliver Stone has built a career out of films exploring conspiracies surrounding former presidents Richard Nixon and John F Kennedy.

Of course it won't hurt her career - it didn't hurt Charlie Sheen's career when he spoke out two years ago - because Cotillard is expressing an opinion held by the majority of the American people who also have grave doubts about the official 9/11 fairy tale.

The media's contrived attempt to create a chilling effect and prevent other public figures from speaking on the record about 9/11 has once again fallen flat on its face and only given 9/11 truth another international platform.

outsider

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scienceplease wrote:
scubadiver wrote:
scienceplease wrote:
scubadiver wrote:
scienceplease wrote:

Times Online seem to be allowing a more balanced set of comments though... I have added a comments in support of Marion (and to the relatives of 9/11 victims)

Somehow I missed the point of this post - incredibly, the 'comments' (I haven't read them all) are very good from what I have read. I've posted the link on Marion's blog.

outsider

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scubadiver wrote:
scienceplease wrote:
scubadiver wrote:
scienceplease wrote:

If anyone has time, it might be worth contacting Media Watch and Media Lens; it would be a good idea if posters who submit comments to online comments sites keep a copy, in case any investigative group does investigate, showing that the comment wasn't 'offensive' (which a site might claim for the censorship).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: