FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Growing the 911 UK Truth Movement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ianrcrane
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Growing the 911 UK Truth Movement Reply with quote

There have recently been a number of postings decrying the apparent lack of progress in developing the UK 911 Truth Movement. There is perhaps some justification in these observations but it should be also acknowledged that we have come a very long way in the past twelve months.

It is unfortunate that some of the items discussed at Blackpool have taken a little longer than we might have preferred to get sorted but that should not have prevented the development of local initiatives.

One of the great assets of the 9/11 Truth Campaign (GB & Ireland) is that there is no central organisation and no 'approval' is necessary to take local initiatives.

This year September 11th falls on a Monday; in Totnes this date is slap bang in the middle of the Totnes Festival. The Totnes 911 Truth Group are currently discussing the prospect of putting on a 9/11 event in the Civic Hall on that Monday evening.

If we are able to reach agreement on this, it will mean that the event will benefit from all the publicity that will be produced for the Totnes Festival.

The key to putting on such events is to establish a group of local activists who are prepared to take initiative ... and run with it! This is not always easy and I will readily acknowledge that it has taken over a year to establish a critical mass in Totnes but now things are really starting to happen. I have listed some examples below:

1). Five guys clubbed together to buy a DVD burner and DVD printer. This is in almost constant use burning copies of Loose Change II.

2). www.911truthtotnes.com has been established.

3). One local philanthropist has just produced a five page glossy pointing out anomolies in the official version of 9/11 and asking the key questions.
This document has now been sent to all MP's; Members of the Upper House; Key contacts in the Media; UK based Ambassadors of Foreign nations; Senior members of the Clergy, etc

Details of this initiative and copies of the brochure will be posted on www.911truthtotnes.com in the near future.

4). The Totnes Truth Group are presently working with a number of Summer Festival organisers to promote ideas that will raise the profile of the UK 9/11 Truth Movement.

5). Discussions under way for 9/11 event during Totnes Festival in September.

6). Regular monthly meetings (First Thursday each month) at Kingsbridge Inn, Totnes.

It is important to realise that the growth of the UK 911 Truth Movement is going to be proportional to the efforts of local activists.

Consequently, my counsel is to focus on getting local 911 Truth Groups established. It is this strategy that will provide the organic growth necessary to develop the UK 9/11 Truth Movememt into a dynamic network with the capability to really make a difference!

My challenge is for everyone who has submitted over 50 posts to this forum to be actively campaigning to establish a 9/11 Truth group in their area. Of course, the challenge is not restricted to those with greater than 50 posts to their name but those who have reached this milestone have proven their interest in the subject and have probably acquired sufficient knowledge to hold a meaningful conversation on the 9/11 issues!

To the best of my knowledge, the active local groups, holding regular meetings/events, are as follows:

London
Blackpool
Cumbria
Bristol
Totnes
Glasgow

My apologies if I have missed any but please post details of your group on this thread.

Meanwhile, I would like to hear from all 50+ posters (by the end of April if possible), to share your ideas for establishing a 9/11 Truth Group in your area, if one does not already exist.

If you need some help organising a catalyst event to get the ball rolling, I am sure that we can help you out with whatever resources you may need.
All you need to do is ask!

Best wishes,

Ian R. Crane

Chair - 911 Truth Campaign (GB & Ireland).
pap
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're trying to get something going up in the Merseyside / North West area, but have since have no takers for a kick-off meeting to get things moving.

It's perfectly understandable; life, the great distraction, gets in the way (I think that's kind of the point).

Sinclair and I have met up a couple of times, but really, one of the great things about this forum is the sense of relief that you're not the only person who is taking an active interest in the subject.

In the context of a local group, just meeting up and having a general chat is an excellent way to galvanise the local movement. I personally felt energised after just spending an evening chatting with someone with an in-depth knowledge of the situation, rather than the default 'having to convince someone' situation that many of us find ourselves in.

The opportunity to discuss the credibility of various sources also helps to inform the best way to get the message across.

We handed out 100 DVDs at the recent demonstration against Condoleeza Rice, and got a mostly positive response, so there is interest.

Like I said, life gets in the way - so I'd really be interested in meeting up with the rest of the Liverpool / Merseyside crowd. Let's do this with plenty of notice - is next week too close or would we prefer to do something on the May Bank Holiday?

Let me know, 'cos all of these other groups are doing so well, and I think that Liverpool is going to be highly receptive to the evidence.
andrewwatson
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any other East Anglians out there? See also my post about a creative arts-based group.
http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?p=5567#5567

I would be able to host meetings but I am way out on a limb the other side of Norwich.
Mick Meaney

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if an 'info pack' was provided explaining roughly how to set up a local group (drawing on the experiences of existing groups), press release guide, how to find media contacts in the local area, posters template, flyer template etc.
SchNews
Action speaks louder than..
ianrcrane

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Information Pack Reply with quote

Hi Michael,

You wrote:
Quote:
What if an 'info pack' was provided explaining roughly how to set up a local group (drawing on the experiences of existing groups), press release guide, how to find media contacts in the local area, posters template, flyer template etc.

That is an excellent suggestion. Perhaps we can establish a Central Support Resource on either the soon to be developed new 9/11 Truth UK Website, where materials produced by the various local groups could be shared.

Obviously, it is easier to get a local group established if there are already 2 or 3 like minded individuals, prepared to share the initial responsibility. Unfortunately, not every member of the forum identifies their location but if we can encourage those who would like to become more active in the UK Truth Movement to identify their location in their Profile, it might help bring kindred spirits together.

Meanwhile, I will undertake to produce a set of advisory guidelines to help those who might be new to organising any kind of event. In essence, the materials are not going to present any real difficulty, what is required is the local manpower to establish an appropriate venue to hold an intial launch meeting (perhaps with David Shayler as the draw) and then to co-ordinate the initial meetings of the embyonic local group.

Lets keep the ideas rolling.

IRC.
Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With this in mind, if people wish to prepare their own packs, I uploaded some starter material here and have attached another document which might be used to this message.

http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?t=693

http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?t=692

http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?t=1305

The "Tyranny Alert" document is also very good - that's gone down quite well with people I have given copies too (but it is about 20 pages long!)

www.tyannyalert.com

Andrew

9-11-A4Posters.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  9-11-A4Posters.zip
 Filesize:  2 MB
 Downloaded:  260 Time(s)

Ask the Tough Questions, Folks!
paul wright

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Growing the 911 UK Truth Movement Reply with quote

ianrcrane wrote:
Meanwhile, I would like to hear from all 50+ posters (by the end of April if possible), to share your ideas for establishing a 9/11 Truth Group in your area, if one does not already exist.

If you need some help organising a catalyst event to get the ball rolling, I am sure that we can help you out with whatever resources you may need.
All you need to do is ask!

Best wishes,

Ian R. Crane

Chair - 911 Truth Campaign (GB & Ireland).

The West Yorkshire area has clearly failed to get itself organised despite the involvement of 50+ posters, a constitutional officer, a heartland of supposed terrorists, a Beeston centred David S led public meeting, Hebden Bridge which has already entertained Ian's presentation
This clearly needs some thrust and consolidation, and hopefully I'm working with Jane here alone so far on this
Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dh,

I was born in Keighley. I grew up in Skipton. I live near Derby now. However, I would advise you and Jane to get:

1) A Whippet
2) A Flat Cap
3) A Tetley's T Shirt or Sweat Shirt

You'll be off to a stormin' start then!

By the way, I'm not serious....................!

paul wright

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Johnson wrote:
dh,

I was born in Keighley. I grew up in Skipton. I live near Derby now. However, I would advise you and Jane to get:

1) A Whippet
2) A Flat Cap
3) A Tetley's T Shirt or Sweat Shirt

You'll be off to a stormin' start then!

By the way, I'm not serious....................!

Keighley's full of very strange people. I work in learning disabilities and if you look at the history of those with the most challenging behaviours, a Keighley connection is almost always apparent
Amongst the common white folk
in this end of WY it's always like being stranger in a strange land
Leeds is supposed to be cool and desirable, but there is very little response from there as elsewhere
The stereotypes are amusing but not very often met, though booze,soap and reality tv is a constant theme
Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dh,

Well, I have heard it said that if you went to Keighley and they found out you came from Skipton, they beat you up....

I occasionally work with students with learning disabilities too - most of them are in or around Leicester, however...

yochanan
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm looking for people in the Great Yarmouth/North Norfolk area to set up a 9/11 truth group, I have a few people (say 4 or 5) who would be willing to get involved but I feel we need some people to come in from outside our small group to get us active, if anyones interested please post a reply here, thank you,
Yochanan
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Watson lives out your way I believe
scar
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent got 50 posts but Ive been doing my thing here in brighton since late 2001. I live a very reclusive life these days but i would love to get a truth group going here. When i joined i was expecting to see other posters from Brighton or surrounding areas and i think ive only noticed stav so far. Its been very good for my state of mind to be here and i know there will be a lot of brighton people who know the truth but feel isolated as i did for so long.
People are more open to this now.
I know theres 3 others who might be up for it IF there were more, if something were already sorted, they are all very busy.
I will definately need help getting something going here.
Ian, your advisory guidelines sound like something i need.
Thanks for the posters/leaflets Andrew.

mike
Kemet
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi to scar and others,
I live not that far from Brighton and would like to add my name to the Brighton Collective. I don't know how much use I will be, owing to the fact I am currently strapped for resources however I would like to do whatever is within my power. I have studied 911 and related areas in-depth and recognise the urgency to get the word out. I'm glad to see there are others (or at least one) who feel similarly, from the Brighton area.

I'm somewhat surprised that Brighton was not among the first to start a 911 Truth group, let's hope we are able to rectify this - I'm sure there is much we can do.
Pikey
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out:-

http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2006/07/10/18286877.php

Peace, truth, respect and a Mason free society

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaH-lGafwtE#
www.wholetruthcoalition.org
www.truthforum.co.uk
www.checktheevidence.com
www.newhorizonsstannes.com
www.tpuc.org
www.cpexposed.com
www.thebcgroup.org.uk
www.fmotl.com
ukginger
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to start or join a group in Leicester.

If you can help please contact me !
Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed someone in Derby was asking the same elsewhere maybe that would be an option?

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

www.myspace.com/disco_destroyer
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the main thing is to get finances sorted so people can donate to us. Our treasurer Belinda has so far failed to sort that but allegedly it will be happening soon.
www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: