FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gestapo Watch - Police Overkill In London

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fish5133
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Gestapo Watch - Police Overkill In London Reply with quote

Quote:
Raid on street in crime crackdown

Hundreds of police officers in riot gear flooded the road
Hundreds of police officers raided 19 premises on a London street as part of a crackdown on crime.
Some 600 officers sealed off part of Blackstock Road in north London to carry out the raid on Thursday.

Quote:
He said officers had so far seized more than 350 stolen items including 120 laptops, 110 cameras, 32 iPods, 20 sat-navs and 47 fake passports and driving licences

[url] http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/7317060.stm[/url]

I make that about 31.57 coppers per house they must have been falling over themselves to get in. Article doesnt say how many houses were "clean" I suppose 600 cops to take out 350 stolen electrical goods is a fair justification. Smile
What psy op does this have on Joe public? Is it intended to make us feel safer or the reverse to start to fear more?

telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Gestapo Watch- Police Overkill In London Reply with quote

Quote:
[url] http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/7317060.stm[/url]

The above link includes a 'url' - this works;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/7317060.stm

I would add that to pass off the episode with a flippant ‘I suppose 600 cops to take out 350 stolen electrical goods is a fair justification. Smile ’, is highly misleading. The report actually states;

He said officers had so far seized more than 350 stolen items including 120 laptops, 110 cameras, 32 iPods, 20 sat-navs and 47 fake passports and driving licences.

If these were brand new stolen white goods from a warehouse robbery, then that is one thing. However, when you break down the items, I anticipate these would also include thefts from cars, muggings and domestic burglaries. This would mean smashed car windows, defecating on bedroom floors, people being assaulted etc, plus all the associated mental suffering, additional expenditure and loss of earnings that goes along with such crimes.

When I was in the police, we called such areas ‘fence-centres’ and they contributed as much to the ‘industry’ as any house-breaker. One couldn't exist without the other. Drying up outlets designed to sell on the proceeds of crime, is a fabulous move.

Having had considerable experience of the above, to cite the police as being ‘gestapo’ for attempting to close down such hotspots is very short-sighted and puerile.

Different perspective? =

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid_7310000/newsid_7317700/7317720 .stm?bw=bb&mp=wm&news=1&ms3=6&ms_javascript=true&bbcws=2

I completely challenge the official version of events - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC -I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have no problem with the police being labelled gestapo when they target people who have not committed a crime or use force in a situation where it was unjustified, or when they go over the top in their reaction to a situation.

however its starting to get to the point where they are being called gestapo for simply doing their jobs and recovering stolen items and arresting actual criminals.

mind you i do feel the riot gear was a bit over the top.
fish5133
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys for the "gestapo" tag. Its just last time I posted an article about the police I had the title changed by a moderator to read gestapo watch.

Sounds like one of the properties raided belonged to Del and Rodney Smile

TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I'm concerned all/any totalitarian police tactics can be labelled Gestapo Watch. This story seems to fit the bill (see below).

Any problems please PM the moderators first rather than attacking the very premis of the post in the post. See under rules in 'about this website'.

So can we keep to topic please.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_artic le_id=547671&in_page_id=1770

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
paul wright

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This well-syndicated picture of hundreds of helmeted robocops filling a street in order to solve some comparatively minor crimes ought to induce a shudder of revulsion
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

after ferther consideration, i may of been a bit rash. its hard to think that many people would be needed for such a job. and the riot gear is totally over the top. maybe the gestapo tag is justified on that basis.

although i still think its important to be clear these were suspected criminals that were targeted(according to the story).

so what do people think? a show of power or signs of whats to come?
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The word 'overkill' in the headline says it all. If they need this many cops they haven't done their intelligence gathering properly.

What the modern cops seem to do is to leave areas to become steeped in police inaction crime, so that when they go in the local population despise and mistrust them, so they have to resort to this.

The only justification for this show of strength is if they think there will be a full on riot. Surely the Sweeney approach is more appropriate where you have backup standing by if you need it.

Operations like this can end up causing far more mistrust and resentment from the local community with the police than the arrests.

http://www.thecnj.co.uk/islington/2008/032808/news032808_03.html

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
fish5133
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a slightly smaller version of this minus riot gear on the Wirral recently. 150 cops and associates raid 3 premises (all be it pubs) , drugs being the target.

http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/search/zoom.php?imid=904081

telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such an operation should be based upon calling for backup when required?

I wonder how many here have ever arrested someone who didn't want to be arrested? I have seen individuals who needed five officers just to subdue them after getting into a house by standing at the top of stairs with a kitchen stool. Even putting aside the aspects of arresting, producing a warrant and searching a house/any premises can present unique problems with vicious dogs and assorted family members. You have people exiting through windows and bolting for lofts and basements, flushing evidence down toilets or chucking it on the fire. By the time you have 'called for assistance', it is all over.

It has to be complete and as swift as possible and the object of completely closing down an area can only work with adequate manpower. To mount such an operation and have several dozen teams all calling for assistance at the same time makes no operational sense.

Of course, much of the opinion here hinges upon baseless guesswork and zero experience of what confronts you when you enter premises 'uninvited'. The 'Sweeney' example highlights a great deal about how opinions concerning the police are formed - by watching television dramas.

I completely challenge the official version of events - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC -I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC
fish5133
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tele. I agree its not right to label policemen with the Gestapo tag. Whats interesting is the changeing perceptions of the Police in the eyes of Joe Public. Up till a couple of years ago I respected the average Bobby and realised the difficult task they have against crime and criminals. Whilst that respect of the average bobby still remains it is, I think the increased levels of security and surveillance methods (cameras everywhere, helicopters over my back garden, mini drone helicopters, cops in crash helmets and balaclavas , high visibility policeing) that gives an overpowering sense of intrusion into our normal lawful lives. Also the shooting of innocent victims (de Mendes) without any one taking the wrap doesnt help.

Quote:
The role of the Gestapo was to investigate and combat “all tendencies dangerous to the state. Laws passed in 1935 effectively gave the Gestapo carte blanche to operate without judicial oversight.
Wikepedia

The fear of some is that with the believed levels of freemasonry in the police that indeed we do have in one sense a secret police force that can act outside the law

karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: Gestapo Watch- Police Overkill In London Reply with quote

telecasterisation wrote:

He said officers had so far seized more than 350 stolen items including 120 laptops, 110 cameras, 32 iPods, 20 sat-navs and 47 fake passports and driving licences.

600 police officers which means the operation cost at least £100,000 recovering what is a handful of stolen second hand goods probably worth a fraction of what the operation cost.
Why didnt they raid just round the corner where all the crack dealers stand openly on the street selling their merchandise?
Nicholas Sharkozy was holding his zionist conference just round the corner the same day and they wanted to show him the Gordon Brown is just as tough on the Algerians.

Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Gestapo Watch- Police Overkill In London Reply with quote

karlos wrote:

Why didnt they raid just round the corner where all the crack dealers stand openly on the street selling their merchandise?

They dont want to go bankrupt now do they?
After all there has to be an outlet for all those drugs coming in from Nam, I mean Afghanistan.
Local Mayoral elections are coming, Livingstone has to justify the non-existent presence of police on the streets of London doesn't he somehow? Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: