FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

*Mind the Gap* premiere, Bristol, Jul 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Accelerationists' Armageddon Project For WWIII, Economic Crash, Starvation & Deadly Pathogens Rampant
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: *Mind the Gap* premiere, Bristol, Jul 2 Reply with quote

It was a good evening. Perhaps a certain embarassment over technical difficulties has inhibited the organisers from posting a report, so here's mine. Ted and I were in the region for a few days' break and so attended.

On a muggy evening we gathered in the courtyard of the Cube Cinema, Bristol. We were told there were technical difficulties with the DVD and there would therefore be a delay. So David Shayler, in his inimitable fashion and loud voice started talking to the crowd about 7/7 and 9/11. After a bit we were invited into the auditorium where Colin of the Bristol group explained from the stage that because of difficulties with the DVD they were implementing plan B: a screening of a videotaped version of the movie in which unfortunately the sound was not in synch with lip movements. No matter, it was an impressive movie which took the approach of beginning with people's concerns about the erosion of our civil liberties and showing how the background of 7/7 and 9/11 false flag operations have led to this. It calls for an independent inquiry into the facts of 7/7. My feeling was that this movie would have a lot of appeal to those concerned about liberties. It will be a powerful tool in opposing the gathering momentum behind the call for a limited inquiry into 7/7 in which evidence for who instigated the attacks will not be examined.

My one criticism of it is that it missed a trick in not making more of the train time discrepencies in the official 7/7 narrative.

I've no doubt they will sort out the technical difficulties with the DVD and it will be downloadable from the officialconfusion website.

It was great to have another gathering of 9/11 and 7/7 clans from many parts of the UK, to catch up with old friends and to make new ones. The prize for having travelled the furthest goes to Kenny from Glasgow, who set up a DVD and book stall in the cinema foyer, closely followed by Anthony from Skipton and Dave Rufmouth from Manchester. Others who had travelled far included Sukhvinder from Wolverhampton; Ian Crane and a group from Totnes, Devon; Bridget and Ant from the London 7/7 group; Veronica from Uxbridge and others whose details I don't have.

The screening packed out the cinema to its full capacity of 100. It was followed by further lively discussion in the courtyard led by David Shayler.

Colin had pointed out to the crowd something I think we should all do well to remember and to repeat: our ruler Blair, when people make libertarian criticisms of his anti-terror laws, ID cards, CCTV cameras etc, frequently says,

*If you've done nothing wrong you have nothing to be afraid of.*

Similarly, when our rulers make excuses about not holding an inquiry into the facts of 7/7, we should say to them,

It was a memorable evening and thanks are due to Adrian, his movie making team and to the Bristol Group for organising the event.

Noel
Kier
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was an excellent event and a real privilege to be there. I also found it really good to meet up with people I've only spoken to by email, the inspiring Ian Crane, Sukhvinder, Dave, Kenny, Annie & David and my colleagues Bridget and Ant who I don't get to see very often. For anyone who didn't recognise me, I was the dozy-looking girl (was having to take a lot of novocaine last week) wearing shorts, platform boots and a Mind the Gap T-shirt.

I agree with Noel. The film is outstanding, well put together and well scripted. It must have been difficult deciding which 'gaps' to include, since there are so many. I think the main anomalies were highlighted extremely well, and some good parallels were drawn between 7/7 and similar events and the consequences of them (as Noel says, the removal of civil liberties) which ordinary people face. I will certainly be giving the film to everyone I know; it does a brilliant job of raising the concerns over how July 7th was carried out and by whom and makes a great case for the need for an independent inquiry, which does not invoke the ludicrous 2005 Inquiries Act.

Beverley.
Jane
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Even more naffed off now... Reply with quote

Hi Bev

I haven't seen Sukhvinder for ages (and Emma?) and Kenny - was that Kenny from Glasgow?

Still feeling a bit sick (physically and otherwise!)

Romans 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

http://www.wytruth.org.uk/
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject: Mind the Gap Reply with quote

Yeah! Kenny from Glasgow.

Sorry you're sick, Jane. Take it easy.

Noel
Jane
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Wish I'd been there! Reply with quote

Oh, wish I'd been there!

Feeling a lot better, now, thanks Noel!

Romans 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a thought about this well worn cliche:

I think all of us agree on this. The thing which I have just thought of, and what we don't control, is "who decides what is wrong?" Someone or some group of people decided it was "wrong" for people to read out the list of names of dead iraqis at the senataph. That's the problem with this thinking - "thought crime".

Ask the Tough Questions, Folks!
Kier
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you're feeling better Jane, it was such a shame you not making it to Totnes.

Andrew: "Who decides what is wrong?"
Probably the same people who decide what a 'fact' is, and what a relevant detail is in questioning certain events. Maybe the same people who decide you're a 'nutter' for asking the questions, too.

I've always wondered how a general consensus can be reached on what's 'right' or 'wrong' when both terms are so subjective. In terms of the law, what might offend one person, may well not bother another. Whose feelings are taken into account when making laws?
As for the reading out of names at the Cenotaph and the general issue of protesting near Parliament...in 2002, Tony Blair said of anti-government protesters "I may not like what they call me but I thank God that they can." I get the impression he changed his mind about that somewhere between then & now!
HERA
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Are we talking about the same film? Reply with quote

Mind the Gap/s ?

I sat through half of this listening to young Asians giving their opinions on society etc. Did it eventually change into something else?
Skeptic
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came down from London to attend this...

like HERA, I've downloaded and watched 'Mind the Gap' and it is not the same as the film that was shown in Bristol on 2/7/06

what gives?

nevertheless the Shayler film that was shown was excellent and it was energising to be surrounded by people with similar views

I was the lanky bearded guy with glasses sitting on the wall for the post-film speech for anyone that remembers

peace
Kier
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Mind the Gap' by Adrian Connock and David Shayler is viewable from Adrian's website OfficialConfusion.

The other one that was posted in this forum is not the same film.

Bev.
TRUTH
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kier wrote:
'Mind the Gap' by Adrian Connock and David Shayler is viewable from Adrian's website OfficialConfusion.

The other one that was posted in this forum is not the same film.

Bev.

The link doesnt work

Does someone have a link where i can watch this?
scar
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=590416857132687483&q=mind+the+ gap
Jane
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Off to Bristol in the morning! Reply with quote

Quote:
Oh, wish I'd been there!

Quote:
Glad you're feeling better Jane, it was such a shame you not making it to Totnes.

I've been able to rebook my train ticket at no extra cost (buy "open" returns!!) and I'm off to Bristol tomorrow!

I think we should all meet up and "Network" as much as possible - as well as making friends!!

(this is something that the "trolls" can never do - unless it's to arrange to meet up with other "trolls"!!!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Accelerationists' Armageddon Project For WWIII, Economic Crash, Starvation & Deadly Pathogens Rampant All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: