FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rev. Jeremiah Wright Explains His 9/11 Sermon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Rev. Jeremiah Wright Explains His 9/11 Sermon Reply with quote

Here's Bill Moyers of Secret Government and 2007 Bush Impeachment programme fame.

Link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfAKBmDbKTQ

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
scienceplease
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clinton says the Indiana vote will be a "game changer".

It sure will.

According to http://www.blackboxvoting.org/ 0.25 million voters have just been removed from the 2 counties in Indiana, closest to Chicago (Obama claim claim good support from Chicago). This indicates to me that Clinton is planning to steal the vote and then say "Hey, I've the momentum!" and kick out Obama via the "superdelegates!" in back deals. The whole thing stinks!
Jane
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could this man (Jeremiah Wright) become President of America please? I like him!
Romans 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

http://www.wytruth.org.uk/
redadare
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
According to http://www.blackboxvoting.org/ 0.25 million voters have just been removed from the 2 counties in Indiana, closest to Chicago (Obama claim claim good support from Chicago). This indicates to me that Clinton is planning to steal the vote and then say ....

It smells about as much as the 2000 election that Bush stole. http://www.commondreams.org/views04/0621-11.htm
scienceplease
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redadare wrote:
Quote:
According to http://www.blackboxvoting.org/ 0.25 million voters have just been removed from the 2 counties in Indiana, closest to Chicago (Obama claim claim good support from Chicago). This indicates to me that Clinton is planning to steal the vote and then say ....

It smells about as much as the 2000 election that Bush stole. http://www.commondreams.org/views04/0621-11.htm

It smells exactly the same as the 2000 election. Jed Bush disenfrancised a much smaller percentage in Florida (as exposed by the bbc) as what is happening in Indiana!

I've posted on bbc blog sections.

I hope the Obama camp are onto this...
fish5133
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jane wrote:
Could this man (Jeremiah Wright) become President of America please? I like him!

Lets hope not -- best way to ruin a good preacher.

2 Reasons why this guy will get rubbished by some

1) he's a reverend

2) he said he looked out his window and saw the 2nd plane hit

Great sermon one Brian Haw would be proud of.

outsider
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scienceplease wrote:
redadare wrote:
Quote:

It smells exactly the same as the 2000 election. Jed Bush disenfrancised a much smaller percentage in Florida (as exposed by the bbc) as what is happening in Indiana!

I've posted on bbc blog sections.

I hope the Obama camp are onto this...

It's easy enough to contact them and make sure!

outsider

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish5133 wrote:
Jane wrote:

Lets hope not -- best way to ruin a good preacher.

2 Reasons why this guy will get rubbished by some

1) he's a reverend

2) he said he looked out his window and saw the 2nd plane hit

Great sermon one Brian Haw would be proud of.

I can think of a few more reasons he should get rubbished:

A) He rolls his eyes (at least,it appeared that way to me, but the video kept getting interupted on my computer)
B) He thinks Osama's responsible for 9/11
C) In quoting from the Old Testament, he seems to forget that the 'God' of the Old Testament orders genocide ('kill all the men, women, children and animals and take the land' (of the Amalakites etc)); 'hardens Pharoa's heart' time and again (so 'He' can send some more plagues down on, not Pharoa, but the innocent population); not the best example to put before his congregation. It's high time 'Christian' preachers started preaching the message of Jesus Christ, not of the Jewish Old Testament.
D) He 'hisses' in his sermon!

xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course we can criticise Jeremiah Wright for not having grasped (certainly not at the time he preached that sermon - September 2001) that 9/11 was an inside job. I hadn't grasped that fact at that time either, nor did I begin to have doubts until two years later. At that time I felt very much as this preacher felt, that the 9/11 attacks were a blow-back from agressive and oppressive US policy: the genocide of Native Americans, slavery, racism, stealing of land from Mexico, nuking Japan, backing for numerous military coups, backing for the land grab by Jewish settlers in Palestine, US forces in over 100 countries around the world etc.

In as much as he calls for ethical US policy to be enacted and reminds Americans of their unjust and aggressive history, he appears to be doing a good job, so far as he goes. He even highlights the ways in which the media distort the truth by publishing quotations out of context and giving a spin to the words of others which supports their policies.

As for the suggestion that he should forget about the Old Testament and concentrate on the message of love, reconciliation and forgiveness of the New Testament, he does actually stress that message of the New. Nevertheless Christians have both testaments in their Bibles and some of them are Biblical literalists who will take the nastiest most vengeful passages as orders from God whenever it suits them. It strikes me that any pastor has an important job to do persuading his/her congregation that genocide and oppression, though supported by certain OT passages, is not what Christianity is about - or is it? It should be remembered that passages from the New Testament letters of St Paul are used to justify: slavery, the oppression of women and of gay people.

The genocide of the Amalakites is but one example of OT passages which have been used to justify dreadful deeds:

"1 Samuel 15:3
Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.' "

And what had the Amalakites done to deserve such a fate? They had put up a military resistance to having their land taken over by Israelite invaders. Remind you of anything today?

The problem to my mind is "Biblical literalism". A failure to realise that books in the Bible have been written by a large number of people, each with their own self-interest, and is not some unique revelation of instructions from the Almighty on how to conduct our lives. It also contains much wisdom but needs to be read with discernment and intelligence, if at all.
kbo234
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xmasdale wrote:

The problem to my mind is "Biblical literalism".

Well said Noel!......and quite right too.

The people often attacked as 'fundamentalists' are not that at all. They are indeed 'literalists'.

The fundamentals of Christianity (even more than actually believing in God)are loving one's neighbour as oneself, building a relationship with......and attempting to imitate the God of Love that inhabited the person of Jesus Christ.

I wish I was more of a Christian fundamentalist than I am.
outsider

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely right, Noel, about his position in 2001; like you (and Jimmy Walter, among many tens of thousands, I'm sure), I also thought it was 'pay back time' then, but the Rev. still goes along with the same idea, after all this time, and all the evidence to the contrary. Re Paul in New Testament, notice I did say the teachings of Jesus Christ.
And thanks to one of the posters on the Forum, I learnt that there are literalists among Israeli Rabbis, with support in the highest levels of government, who say that the Palestinians are today's Amalakites and should be exterminated. I knew that many felt that way, but was shocked to find they had openly espoused such things, without apparently a huge wave of revulsion sweeping the West, as well as Israel.

Rev. Jeremiah has a great deal of truth in his attacks on US foreign poliicy and Wars of Aggression, but apart from his blinkers on 9/11, the presentation is likely to alienate many who might well accept his arguments, indeed be unable to refute them, because of course they're true. If he were to speak as reasonably as he does in the interview, he'd be a force to be reckoned with.

outsider

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While we're on the subject of 'religion', I con't help putting these little snippets from 'Information Clearing House' up for perusal:

"Why is this man in the White House? The majority of Americans did not vote for him. Why is he there? And I tell you this morning that he's in the White House because God put him there for a time such as this": Lt Gen William Boykin, speaking of G. W. Bush, New York Times, 17 October 2003

=
"God gave the savior to the German people. We have faith, deep and unshakeable faith, that he was sent to us by God to save Germany." Hermann Goering, speaking of Hitler

=
"A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side": Aristotle

=
"If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier - just so long as I'm the dictator". George W. Bush, 18 December 2000

=
"International law? I better call my lawyer; he didn't bring that up to me" George W. Bush, 12 December 2003

xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outsider wrote:

Rev. Jeremiah has a great deal of truth in his attacks on US foreign poliicy and Wars of Aggression, but apart from his blinkers on 9/11, the presentation is likely to alienate many who might well accept his arguments, indeed be unable to refute them, because of course they're true. If he were to speak as reasonably as he does in the interview, he'd be a force to be reckoned with.

Yes but that's not the style of US evangelical preachers, is it? Their congregations expect plenty of emotion in the delivery and they get it. Doesn't go down well with sober unemotional Britons I daresay.
TmcMistress
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the most amazing bits about the whole Wright controversy is that it's yet another piece of evidence pointing to the inherent racism of the mainstream media, at least here stateside. The media was carping for weeks on everything Wright had to say, pundit-ing away on how it was going to affect Obama, if he was handling it properly, etc.

And yet, when one Rev. Hagee, who not only endorsed John McCain but whose endorsement McCain went looking for, says things like New Orleans was hit by the hurricane due to its sin and so on, nobody gives a damn. Just goes to show that Scary Black Preacher makes for the better story...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: