FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ID cards Guardian article

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jayhawk
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: ID cards Guardian article Reply with quote

I'm horrified by this as I hadnt really grasped what the plans were. Worth a read but it's not on the comment blog as yet. Another by product of the "war on terror" of course

Here's a sample:

Quote:
At a stretch, I would carry a voluntary little plastic ID card, because I have no objection to identifying myself when it is my choice. I don't mind taking my passport along to the bank or showing my driving licence to collect a parcel from the post office - but I am preternaturally against the state forcing me to supply biometric measurements and 49 separate pieces of information about myself to a database which will be accessed by God knows who without my permission or knowledge. I am genetically incapable of submitting to such a process. I cannot do it. I will not do it, and I pray that when the public understands how this scheme will profoundly alter the relationship between the individual and the state thousands more will recoil and say the same.

The government's arguments in favour of ID cards keep shifting, and the hugely expensive project has been sold to the British public on a false prospectus. The government began by saying it would prevent terrorism. When that wasn't tenable, it said it would prevent ID theft. When that didn't work, it said it would prevent benefit fraud and when that didn't work it resorted to claiming that it would help control illegal immigration.
alwun
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: ID implants on the way! Reply with quote

As I understand it anyone from the Walmart checkout operator in Sh*tsville, Redneck County, to the D.A. in Boondockaloonga will potentially have access to one's medical, financial, police and every other form of personal record that one has - anyone except oneself that is. This is a disgusting, disgraceful, pernicious piece of sh**, but mind you, one that we fully deserve if we allow this to happen.

cheers Al.
Jayhawk
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way it's

http://www.guardian.co.uk/idcards/story/0,,1817559,00.html
scar
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.no2id.net/
Annie
9/11 Truth Organiser
9/11 Truth Organiser

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jayhawk

Do you remember posting this a while ago? It's worth drawing people's attention to it again - a very good summary.

"There is an excellent article by Jenni Russell on the Guardian comment blog today:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/story/0,,1747771,00.html
This is in the main paper too. Go and add your comments, they need to know there is concern about this stuff."

Regards

Annie

Jayhawk
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I think this issue is getting peoples attention and it seems they will believe this level of government misbehaviour.But the question which screams out to me is WHY are they doing it? People dont seem to want to ask.
Skeptic
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interestingly since Murdoch announced his new affiliation with the tories his papers have been running various articles rubbishing the viability of the ID card scheme.

I say interestingly because given his close ties to the Blair cabinet you'd think he'd be 100% behind the motion.

Can anyone elighten me as to this situation?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: