FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reid reveals 7 July account error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> London Bombings of Thursday 7th July 2005
View previous topic :: View next topic  
numeral
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reid reveals 7 July account error Reply with quote

Oops!

Quote:
The home Secretary has asked police to explain why a mistake was made in the government's version of what happened on the day of the London bombings.

John Reid revealed the time at which the bombers left Luton station to head to London was wrong in the official "narrative" of 7 July 2005.

He told MPs the error did not seem to affect anything else in the account.

But he acknowledged it might cause concern and said he had asked police for a report about the discrepancy.

The official account, published earlier this year, said the four bombers left Luton train station on their deadly journey at 0740 BST.

That was inaccurate - they actually left at 0725. But the account was right in saying they arrived at King's Cross station at 0823 BST.

The bombers went on to attack London's transport network in four bombings - killing 52 people and injuring nearly 800.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/5170708.stm

paul wright

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder what he's been reading. Of course he fails to square this with how they managed to catch this train, with the timestamp on the "cctv image"
Or will he eventually say the time was wrong or they actually had prepaid tickets, despite earlier accounts that they bought return tickets at the station?
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You remember that special mocking ressonant laugh that Bill Hicks used to have?

The one that went:

"Ahhahahaa Haa Haa HAAAAA!!!"

Here me laugh it now

The 7/7 Campaign shoots: and scores!

ianrcrane
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Release the Evidence Reply with quote

The four terrorists were seen by a witness boarding the 7.48am Thameslink train to Kings X, arriving in the City at 8.20am
Source: Channel 4 News – 12th July 2005

I believe that The Times did run a report on July 12 suggesting that they might have caught the 7.24am, (the same day as Channel 4 News reported that they were seen on the 7.48am).

....but has anyone ever seen a report stating that the alleged perpetrators caught the 7.24am train from Luton?

The bottom line is that someone has at last drawn John Reid's attention to what has been in the Public domain since last August:

The 7.40am from Luton was cancelled ...
the 7.48am did not arrive in King X until 8.43am ... 8 minutes after the first bombed undergroud train left Kings X!

No one has ever reported that they caught the 7.24am .....until now!

Produce the CCTV ..... Produce the witnesses

Release The Evidence

Last edited by ianrcrane on Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn straight Ian
Doublethink
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a massive admission of guilt on behalf of the goverment here.

Has anyone posted this information to prisonplanet.com / infowars.com?

Rewriting of history by the Ministry of truth - classic Doublethink!

numeral
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hotting up nicely.

Quote:
Fresh calls made for 7/7 inquiry

The Government has faced fresh calls for a public inquiry into the July 7 attacks after admitting making a mistake in an official account of the bombings.

Home Secretary John Reid told the Commons the published narrative gave the wrong time for the train four suicide bombers took to London to carry them out.

Grahame Russell, whose son Philip died on July 7, said it raised concerns about the accuracy of the rest of the report.

Mr Reid admitted that the error "may be of concern" and had ordered a report from police into how it had gone undetected for so long.

However, Scotland Yard pointed out that the official account had been produced by the Home Office and police had never given it the time for the train.

A spokesman said the mistake may have come from erroneous first-hand witness accounts of the timing it had received and then passed on.

The official account said Mohammad Sidique Khan, Shehzad Tanweer, Hasib Hussain and Germaine Lindsay left Luton station at 7.40am on July 7 last year.

But Mr Reid said he was told last week that it had in fact set off for King's Cross Thameslink at 7.25am.

The four men killed themselves and 52 innocent people in a series of attacks on London's transport network later that day.

Shadow Home Secretary David Davis has repeated Tory calls for an independent public inquiry, saying it would be "in the best interests of the public".

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1911632.html?menu=news.story

ianrcrane

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Message to Media Reply with quote

Last night, I sent to following Email to various contacts in the British media and to Alex Jones. Please feel free to copy and mail out to anyone you feel may be able to spread the word. Alternatively, PM me with suggested contacts and I will get a copy to them.

Thanks & regards,

Ian.

Message reads:

Dear ..........,

The Home Secretary has acknowledged that the Narrative on the London Bombings is flawed:

The home Secretary has asked police to explain why a mistake was made in the government's version of what happened on the day of the London bombings.
John Reid revealed the time at which the bombers left Luton station to head to London was wrong in the official "narrative" of 7 July 2005.
He told MPs the error did not seem to affect anything else in the account.
But he acknowledged it might cause concern and said he had asked police for a report about the discrepancy.
The official account, published earlier this year, said the four bombers left Luton train station on their deadly journey at 0740 BST.
That was inaccurate - they actually left at 0725. But the account was right in saying they arrived at King's Cross station at 0823 BST.
The bombers went on to attack London's transport network in four bombings - killing 52 people and injuring nearly 800.

Source: www.news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/5170708.stm

The bottom line is that someone has at last drawn John Reid's attention to information that has been in the Public domain since last August:

The 7.40am from Luton was cancelled ...
the 7.48am did not arrive in King X until 8.43am ... 8 minutes after the first bombed undergroud train left Kings X!

No one has ever reported that the caught the 7.24am .....until now!

Produce the CCTV ..... Produce the witnesses

Release The Evidence

I trust that you will appreciate the significance of the Home Secretary’s comment. Without supporting evidence, there is every reason to suspect that the events of 7th July 7th 2005, were not perpetrated by four disaffected Muslim youths!

For a more detailed analysis of the omissions & distortions of the Report of the Official Account of the Bombings in London on 7th July 2005, please go to the following links:

www.julyseventh.co.uk/july-7-mind-the-gaps-part-1.html

www.julyseventh.co.uk/july-7-mind-the-gaps-part-2.html

Yours truly,

Ian R Crane
Chair – 9/11 Truth Campaign (GB & Ireland)

Tel: 01803 762738
Mob: 0779 151 8740
URL: www.officialconfusion.com
www.julyseventh.co.uk
www.nineeleven.co.uk
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it will certainly be interesting how this 'error' is explained away.

The narrative states

"The London King’s Cross train leaves Luton station. There are conflicting accounts of their behaviour on the train. Some witnesses report noisy conversations, another believes he saw 2 of them standing silently by a set of train doors. The 4 stood out a bit from usual commuters due to their luggage and casual clothes, but not enough to cause suspicion. This was the beginning of the summer tourist period and Luton Station serves Luton Airport."

So clearly and not surpirisingly if the official account is true, investigators have tracked down and spoken to witnesses who saw the accused on the train. So how is it possible to make such a school boy error of stating the wrong time / train, when these witnesses together with the CCTV footage would absolutely confirm the precise details.

It is stretching our belief in unbelievable incompetence almost as much as the 9/11 commission. Will the unnamed author of the narrative now be named and shamed?
ianrcrane

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Another work of Fiction. Reply with quote

Quote:
However, Scotland Yard pointed out that the official account had been produced by the Home Office and police had never given it the time for the train.

Source: www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1911632.html?menu=news.story

So where exactly did you suppose the author(s) of the Home Office Report got their information to enable them to produce the Report on the London Bombings?

Ian R. Crane
Banish
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

..not only the fact it was released but the manner in which it was released. Dealing from the bottom of the deck, I would call it. It was released on the back of the Indian bombings. What, did they think we wouldn't notice or something? This is what we have been saying all along.

I hope this gives the campaign a boost.

Well done you guys!!!
hampton
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: this is major Reply with quote

not even on the home office web site - that i can find anyway.

i doubt it made it onto any tv news or newspapers
karsey
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the mirror had a small piece.
i thought they would go big seeing as they were campaigning for a public inquiry....
ishaar
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they will argue for the 7.25, even though they were caught on cctv outside luton station, we are told, at 7.21.54 giving them 3 min's to buy 4 tickets and get to the platform. If one of them bought all four tickets that would be quicker than if they bought tickets individually but I guess there are no records of that event. As the whole thing is made up anyway it becomes a matter tripping up the authors of this 'script'. I thought it odd that I could find this image with no time stamp:

http://letsroll911.org/ipw-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?t=8982

If you retrieve an image from a cctv it'seather time stamped or not, this one appeared on BBC without a time stamp suggesting it was added later.
ishaar
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: whoops Reply with quote

just noticed the image without the timestamp has been cropped..still, why did the bbc show that one as opposed to the image with the timestamp?
scubadiver
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karsey wrote:
the mirror had a small piece.
i thought they would go big seeing as they were campaigning for a public inquiry....

Thats what I would have thought. It should have been on the front page.

Edit: Also, now that the four suspects end up at Kingscross the time the police say they did, maybe they will release the pictures after all.

Dancing Banana
paul wright

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scubadiver wrote:
Also, now that the four suspects end up at Kingscross the time the police say they did, maybe they will release the pictures after all.

Dancing Banana

Even as we speak some secret film laboratory technicians are busy trying to cobble together a fuzzy photo job with a fake timestamp of 08.26 which can be presented as a cctv image of the 4 men hugging and looking happy, even ecstatic at Kings X
numeral
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The official narrative actually says:
Quote:
07.15:
Lindsay, Hussain, Tanweer and Khan enter Luton station and go through the ticket barriers together. It is not known where they bought their tickets or what sort of tickets they possessed, but they must have had some to get on to the platform.

Then comes the cropped CCTV image. Then:
Quote:
07.21:
The 4 are caught on CCTV together heading to the platform for the King’s Cross Thameslink train. They are casually dressed, apparently relaxed. Tanweer’s posture and the way he pulls the rucksack on to his shoulder as he walks, suggests he finds it heavy. It is estimated that in each rucksack was 2-5 kg of high explosive. Tanweer is now wearing dark tracksuit bottoms. There is no explanation for this change at present.

07.40:
The London King’s Cross train leaves Luton station. ...

The implication seems to be that the timestamp on the CCTV camera is 7 minutes fast. At this point I expected that it would be claimed that they caught the 0724, leaving at 0725, since there is now ten minutes instead of 3 to catch it. But no.

Note also Tanweer's Wardrobe Malfunction. He was wearing light bottoms at Woodall Services.

Sinclair
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From http://www.theyworkforyou.com/debates/?id=2006-07-11a.1300.0&s=luton#g 1306.1

It appears that there were some shananigans going on in the House of Commons debate on Tuesday, 11 July 2006 on
Intelligence and Security Committee (Annual Report)
(the debate where John Reid made his statement regarding the train time)

Have a look at (the 2nd speech) where Andrew MacKinlay (Thurrock, Labour) gets wound up at the fact that the Government;s response to the Intelligence and Security Committee (ISC)'s annual report was not made available to MP's, as John Reid had suggested. To quote Andrew MacKinlay :
Quote:

By such smoke and mirrors, the interference will be that, somehow, the House has taken cognisance of the response.

It seems that, by the delay in issuing the Government's response, i.e. (somehow - probably by design) the report not being available to be read & commented upon by MP's in order that they could then comment on record in Tuesday's ISC (Annual Report) debate, that the opportinity for parliamentary debate on the ISC's (questionable) actions has been lost.

This is outrageous, particularly in the current climate of evident inconsistencies in the July 7th 'Narrative'.

smoke and mirrors, indeed...........
Banish
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this. Since when did CCTV cameras have crosshairs? This photo, or part of this photo, was taken by a surveillance camera.

insidejob
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Plastic bag Reply with quote

The Luton photo shows the 4 bombers with rucksacks on their way to kill themselves and others. So, what's with Jermaine Lindsay's white plastic bag? What's so important that he has to bring it along with him to his own death? Is it breakfast? Is it denators? An extra battery perhaps? Or is it evidence that he had other things on his mind other than suicide?

By the way Banish, I don't get your crosshairs point. Where did the crosshairs come from?

insidejob
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its beautifully framed, however one looks at it
Banish
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

re the crosshairs.

I dont know IJ. I presume you can see it. This is how it was released initially. My local TV station used to show both versions until I pointed it out to them.

There appears to be two versions of the same photo. Has nobody here spotted this before?

re The suicide bomber's Lunch Box.

I said when it released it looked like there is an apple or an orange in the Tesco bag. His mum made sure he wasnt going to go hungry on his way to meet 73 virgins. "Need to keep your strength up".
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Crosshairs Reply with quote

The alleged crosshairs to me look like part of the railings behind them but in the picture on the right appear to shine through them. This suggests superimposition of two images.

Noel
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Another dodgy dossier Reply with quote

Strikes me that MPs may be beginning to realise they have another dodgy dossier to deal with.

Noel
Banish
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry xmas, look again! It's a crosshair, nothing to do with the railings.

hampton
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: bbc Reply with quote

I can't find the train times in their INDEPTH July 7 coverage.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/uk/2005/london_explosions/default. stm
Of course, no mention of the John Reid statement about the incorrect train time.

Although they still have the incorrect gov report for download from the bbc website.
on the right hand side
"REPORTS IN FULL
Official account of events "
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4760919.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/11_05_06_narrative.pdf

So, no time-line before the mistake is admitted but this appears soon after
Tuesday, 11 July 2006, 20:07 GMT 21:07 UK
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/5170708.stm
Tuesday, 11 July 2006, 20:12 GMT 21:12 UK
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5032756.stm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> London Bombings of Thursday 7th July 2005 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: