FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

7/7 Luton Station Picture in this week's Police Review

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> London Bombings of Thursday 7th July 2005
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Busker
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:41 am    Post subject: 7/7 Luton Station Picture in this week's Police Review Reply with quote

In this week's Police Review, they publish a copy of a picture of the "bombers" entering the train station on P35.

Google Image search results (To avoid stealing anyone's bandwidth)

It is the first time I had seen this picture in print, in colour, rather than on the internet and it appeared to be a lot better quality than the online versions I had seen as well.

Unfortunately this also highlighted some anomalies in the picture I had heard talked about, making them easier to see if anything.

Assuming the picture editor or subs hadn't manipulated the detail within the picture and I'm not sure why they would, I think someone may have dropped a huge clanger.

Go along to your nearest large reference library and check if they carry this magazine to see for yourself.

In plane sight doesn't quite cover it really. Smile
kbo234
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is quite astonishing that no mainstream media outlet has raised questions about this photo. It is so obviously photoshopped, and so badly done.......the railing in front of the guy's arm.....well, it's laughable.

Actually, on reflection, it's more astonishing that they use it at all. We know what these people are. Maybe having a certain mindset can make you blind to the obvious?
numeral
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The videos shown at the Kingston trial can be downloaded from

http://www.met.police.uk/pressbureau/optheseus/

terror41-05cctv-28jun-bakerstreet.wmv
terror41-05cctv-7july-hussain-kingsx.wmv
terror41-05cctv-28jun-embankment.wmv
terror41-05cctv-7july-kingsx.wmv
terror41-05cctv-28jun-kingsx-return.wmv
terror41-05cctv-7july-leeds.wmv
terror41-05cctv-28jun-kingsx.wmv
terror41-05cctv-7july-luton.wmv
terror41-05cctv-28jun-luton-return.wmv
terror41-05cctv-7july-m1.wmv
terror41-05cctv-28jun-luton.wmv
terror41-05msk-homevideo-2.wmv
terror41-05cctv-28jun-southken.wmv
terror41-05msk-homevideo3.mpg
terror41-05cctv-7july-aldgate.wmv
terror41-05msk-homevideo.wmv
terror41-05cctv-7july-bme-bus.wmv

These files are no longer linked from the page but if you have a unix operating system do, for example:
Code:

wget http://www.met.police.uk/pressbureau/optheseus/terror41-05cctv-7july-l uton.wmv

If not, I can't help.

There are also some stills:

terror41.05.blank.jpg
terror41-05notes3.jpg
terror41.05.suitcaseback.jpg
terror41-05dwp-letter-back.jpg
terror41-05notes4.JPG
terror41.05.suitcase.jpg
terror41-05dwp-letter-front.jpg
terror41.05 pen.jpg
terror41.05.torchbat.jpg
terror41-05map.JPG
terror41-05railcard.jpg
terror41.05.torch.jpg
terror41-05notes1.JPG
terror41.05-socks.jpg
terror41.05-watertab.jpg
terror41-05notes2.JPG
terror41.05.suitcase2.jpg
terror41.05-watertapback.jpg

Pugwash
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only the is are the cc tv screen shots 'doctored' (the clear circular section denotes profound differences in blurring/sharpening effects), one of the alleged bombers has been interposed.
Running terror41-05cctv-7july-luton.wmv from the above link frame by frame.
Note the first shot of the guy crossing the road to the pavement. (Now as he hasn't got white trainers nor a white cap, he must be the guy entering the station first.) After the shot that shows him reaching the pavement, the next shot shows him back in the road apparently walking backwards.
astro3
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go to the thread,
http://www.met.police.uk/pressbureau/optheseus/terror41-05cctv-7july-l uton.wmv
it shows the four in the car-park at 07.21, then swiftly entering through the Luton station entrance and going through the ticket-machines at - we just glimpse - 07.22.45. That is the last CCTV-time we see. So, I guess someone bought the tickets in advance, they did not have to queue up for them. OK.

But, its only half a minute then to get to the platform - so they would have caught the 07.25 train to London. Easily.

No doubt about it.

Indeed, do we not see them getting onto this train, a couple of minutes after they arrive? Hard to tell with no times shown.

In that case, why did everyone proclaim that they caught the 7.40 for about a year afterwards? If the police actually had this CCTV sequence, how could they possibly not know that the Four caught the 07.25? (NB this train was one minute late, it was scheduled at 07.24).
astro3
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sequence of Hasib Hussein wandering about outside King's Cross station at 08.55 (terror41-05cctv-7july-hussain-kingsx.wmv in Numeral's above list) on July 7th has a sea of umbrellas everywhere. Just remind me, was it raining then??

A picture at 09.30 at King's Cross on that morning all looks fairly dry.
Micpsi
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kbo234 wrote:
It is quite astonishing that no mainstream media outlet has raised questions about this photo. It is so obviously photoshopped, and so badly done.......the railing in front of the guy's arm.....well, it's laughable.

Actually, on reflection, it's more astonishing that they use it at all. We know what these people are. Maybe having a certain mindset can make you blind to the obvious?

Laughable? No. You (and many others) were just duped by the optics and a poor quality image from a CCTV video. Look carefully in a blown-up image and you will see that what YOU think is the lower edge of the bomber's coat is in fact the edge of the building behind him. Alter the contrast and you will notice that the man has his left arm ACROSS his chest, not dangling down. The railing bar is not in front of his chest because what you thought was his chest is actually the edge of the building behind him.
Alexander
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone ever explained convincingly why Hasib Hussein's legs appear in an identical position in his primary and reflected image.ie left leg in front of right?
astro3
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would Pugwash consider extracting those 3 or 4 pics showing the abnormal or doctored time-sequence, (of Hasib Hussein coming otwards the Luton station door) and posting them here?
Quote:
Note the first shot of the guy crossing the road to the pavement. (Now as he hasn't got white trainers nor a white cap, he must be the guy entering the station first.) After the shot that shows him reaching the pavement, the next shot shows him back in the road apparently walking backwards.

I've just checked thgrough that sequence on terror41-05cctv-7july-luton.wmv, about 15 minutes into it, and I do not confirm that there is any temporal anomaly, as HH approaches the pavement by station door, as Pugwash avers.

Last edited by astro3 on Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
kbo234
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Micpsi wrote:
kbo234 wrote:

Laughable? No. You (and many others) were just duped by the optics and a poor quality image from a CCTV video. Look carefully in a blown-up image and you will see that what YOU think is the lower edge of the bomber's coat is in fact the edge of the building behind him. Alter the contrast and you will notice that the man has his left arm ACROSS his chest, not dangling down. The railing bar is not in front of his chest because what you thought was his chest is actually the edge of the building behind him.

Have you got a link to a high quality version of this picture? I can make nothing out from the photos above.
astro3
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m sure we would all appreciate KBO234’s opinion, if he were to go into
http://www.met.police.uk/pressbureau/optheseus/
as Numeral has recommended, above, then add onto the end of that URL
terror41-05cctv-7july-luton.wmv
then let the CCTv sequence run for 15 minutes. We there see a sequence of the Four ambling towards the entrance door of Luton. The famous pic you are discussing then becomes one of a sequence. Whaddya reckon?

I don’t at all accept MICPSI’s opinion, re the image of Khan in background by railings, that ‘what YOU think is the lower edge of the bomber's coat is in fact the edge of the building behind him.’ Nope. I got the coloured Police Review pic of May 30th, but don’t quite see how that alters things.
kbo234
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

astro3 wrote:

I don’t at all accept MICPSI’s opinion, re the image of Khan in background by railings, that ‘what YOU think is the lower edge of the bomber's coat is in fact the edge of the building behind him.’ Nope. I got the coloured Police Review pic of May 30th, but don’t quite see how that alters things.

Actually Nick, I think it is the edge of the building. Khan has his hands in his pockets in the previous frames and afterwards and therefore his hands go to his waist. It looks to me like I misinterpreted the picture (it is a pretty good optical illusion)....but I could be wrong. It would be interesting to see the other still image you talk about.

The thing that did puzzle me about this sequence is that the bottom two railings themselves seem to be not straight before and after the 'bombers' pass by....as if, for both railings, 2 pieces of metal pipe had been very clumsily welded together before turning into a fixed barrier.

Is it normal to see straight metal pipes looking warped like this?

Anyone live near Luton who can take a look at these tubes?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> London Bombings of Thursday 7th July 2005 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: