FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

42 days detention

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scubadiver
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: 42 days detention Reply with quote

Last week I saw a cartoon in one of the papers and it referenced a quote from the bible and I have only just remembered to check:

Quote:
Now at the end of the forty days and nights the Lord presented me with the two stone tablets, the tablets of the covenant.

Deutoronomy 9:11

Why have they chosen 42 days?

Newspeak International
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the answer to life the universe and everything Exclamation

Dave Sherlock's:

http://www.myspace.com/GlassAsylum

http://www.myspace.com/chemtrailsuk
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hat tip to your intuition Scuba

I wonder.

Could the apparent "argument" that is now not really a true adversarial scenario, given the reported opposition to it, be a smokescreen for the rest of the provisions of the Counter-Terrorism Bill 2007-08, introduced by our Economics teacher, now reborn as our Home Secretary?

False flagism extends to their apparent arguments as well as death . . .

The most recent example, for me was the contrived 10p tax rate / Crewe & Nantwich fiasco. . .

We'll give you the reason why you rejected us.

Then you'll forget about it.

The "new normal" of government ineptitude might just be lost on those of us who think we've recognised it as something exceptional . . .

Last edited by Mark Gobell on Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Busker
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 42 days detention Reply with quote

scubadiver wrote:
Why have they chosen 42 days?

Average IQ of Home Office ministers? Laughing
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you believe this new Lab junta ?

How low can you go to try and get a new law through parliament ?

Unbelievable.

Quote:
Miss Smith are to meet with Muslim MPs during which she is expected to indicate her backing for compensation payments to terror suspects held for more than 28 days who are not subsequently charged. Innocent detainees may be entitled to claim up to £3,000 for each day spent in jail.

Source

paul wright

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They've also tried to buy off the DUP with £200m for Ulster
See here

TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All these crooks seem able to do is bribe their way to hell - bribe the speaker, bribe the detainees, bribe the DUP.

Are we actually dealing with Evelyn De Rothschild types and the city of London here?

I thoroughly recommend Hull based Robin Ramsay's 'Prawn Cocktail Party' book which shows how New Labour always was just a puppet of the city of London ghouls.

http://www.lobster-magazine.co.uk/

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
spiv
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Compensation....?? Reply with quote

I wonder what an innocent person may feel being offered £3,000 per day for every day held over the existing 28 days without charge, having been banged up on a whim of the police for six weeks, and having lost his/her job, business, house and/or marriage.

If the police have no evidence to charge within 28 days (and even that is far too long), then so be it, we are innocent until proved guilty, or so I have always understood.

On the BBC website today, they comment “The opposition parties argue the proposed pre-charge detention limit would infringe civil liberties, but ministers say it is necessary to deal with increasingly complex terror plots”.

Why increasingly complex?? Different chapatti flour maybe?? Or a new strain of drink powder?? If it wasn’t so serious, this matter just gets more comical, especially knowing the fact that your chances of getting killed in a car accident going home this evening are greater than being blown up in a terrorist bomb.

I wonder if Gordon Brown has any inkling just why he is so despised by the voting public these days!!
redadare
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiv wrote:
I wonder what an innocent person may feel being offered £3,000 per day for every day held over the existing 28 days without charge, having been banged up on a whim of the police for six weeks, and having lost his/her job, business, house and/or marriage.

If the police have no evidence to charge within 28 days (and even that is far too long), then so be it, we are innocent until proved guilty, or so I have always understood. ...

I always thought that to get arrested, the police must have something resembling evidence anyway and the 48 hours they could hold you without charge was so that they could question you? Oh no, sorry, I was just daydreaming.
Newspeak International
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After all those excellent statements against,if put to a jury that bill would surely have been defeated.

Dave Sherlock's:

http://www.myspace.com/GlassAsylum

http://www.myspace.com/chemtrailsuk
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown wins crunch vote on 42 days

It was passed by 315 MPs to 306 votes.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7449268.stm

Let's hope it gets thrown back to the commons from the other place.

paul wright

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Gobell wrote:
Brown wins crunch vote on 42 days

It was passed by 315 MPs to 306 votes.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7449268.stm

Let's hope it gets thrown back to the commons from the other place.

Is there some small crumb of comfort in knowing that, as the Brown government is being taken apart in ever more rapid steps, that many of those craven cowardly fraudulent duplicitous crime-abetting specimens that call themselves 'Labour MP's who voted for this, will lose their seats and hopefully their deposits within 12 months?

onetruevoice
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I accept that people are universally opposed to the Bill on this particular thread, but what do people think that the REAL motive for the 42 days' detention is ?

Apart from a vague "attack on our liberties", what would it achieve for the government, if we are looking at this from a "conspiratorial" viewpoint - ie. that the "War on Terror" is largely a myth ?

I'm interested to know what the "real motive" might be - any theories please ?
karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is truly dispicable
they bribed the Ulster Unionists into voting Labour

£3000 per day to stay in jail, not a bad deal
two weeks £42,000
might even be worth getting nicked

did you read that statistic that 40,000 inmates had refused early release prefering to stay in custody

this terror law will be used for striking workers and for all sorts of non terror stuff, in some areas councils have been using terror laws to spy on parents wanting to send their kids to different schools
Basically 42 days means if arrested and held without charge you will lose your job and much else. Really as the conservatives have consistently argued there was never any problem holding people longer. You simply go to court every seven days and tell the judge you want to hold this person and a person can be held on remand for several months if not years. Now they can hold for 42 without even a shred of evidence and it really is an affront to a civilised country.
On the news it says this is the longest summary detention period in the WHOLE WORLD. Even in countries with appaling human rights record like Israel have to prent a prima-facie case in front of a magistrate.

Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The intelligence services are desperate for more 'terrorists'.

They need to be generating 3 or 4 news stories per week to feed the matrix and keep the majority believing in the bull*hit that is the 'War on Terror'.

Perhaps they think this development will enrage a few more schizos who will soon be dropping like ripe plums into their web to further fuel their propaganda machine.
Linda
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Labour MPs are spineless A**oles who voted today.

The only terrorists are the Government, they are the ones that should be locked up permanently without charge.

They terrorised Iraq with cluster bombs killing thousands of innocent civilians
They will never be brought to justice.

All they want to do is create FEAR in the public by saying we are a nation under threat of terrorism.
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was supposed to be Al Qaeda that hated our freedoms?

So why is our own government further eroding them ?

Amnesty International UK's response:

Quote:
42 days decision 'dangerous and disappointing' says Amnesty as it vows to take fight to lords

Posted: 11 June 2008

Today's vote by UK MPs to extend yet further the maximum period of pre-charge detention for terror suspects is a dangerous and disappointing development, said Amnesty International today, as the organisation vowed to continue its campaign against 42 days as the Counter-terrorism Bill goes to the House of Lords.

Amnesty believes that extending pre-charge detention risks moving UK law even further away from fundamental principles of fairness and the protection of human rights. The supposed 'concessions' offered to MPs, such as parliamentary scrutiny of the decision to permit 42 days' detention, will remain essentially meaningless, said Amnesty, since Parliament will not have any of the relevant facts in front of it when it comes to vote.

Amnesty International UK Director Kate Allen said

"This is a dangerous and disappointing decision. No government minister should have the power to allow police to lock people up for six weeks without charge.

'Amnesty will now take the fight to the Lords. These are important human rights that are being taken away and we will do all we can to protect them.

"People have a right to be charged promptly or to be released: it's shocking that the law in the UK is moving further and further away from this basic principle.

'The idea that countering terrorism somehow requires removing or eroding basic guarantees of individual liberty and physical safety is a discredited one. The government should reject it once and for all.

"Instead of allowing people to be held for longer and longer without being charged, the government should bring counter-terrorism legislation into line with basic international standards which protect the rights of people in the UK.'

Today's vote showed that members of the House of Commons may have been persuaded by last-minute concessions by the government which were claimed to provide safeguards for the exercise of this power. These concessions, however, do not address the fundamental injustice of allowing an individual to be held for up to six weeks on the strength of mere suspicion, without being charged with any offence.

The legislation now goes to the House of Lords for their consideration. Amnesty International will be calling on the Lords to reject this proposal and to give very careful scrutiny to some other worrying aspects of the Counter-Terrorism Bill.

Background

This afternoon the House of Commons supported proposals to give a government minister the power to extend from 28 to 42 days the already very long period for which people suspected of involvement in terrorism can be detained by the police in the UK without being charged with any offence.

Despite the concessions proposed by the government at a late stage in the debate, judicial scrutiny of applications to keep someone locked up past 28 days will suffer from the same basic unfairness affecting applications under the existing system: prosecutors will only have to persuade a judge that there are reasonable grounds for believing that further detention is 'necessary' for the purposes of the investigation, and that the investigation is being carried out reasonably promptly. There will be no need to show that there are any reasonable grounds to believe that the person in detention has, in fact, committed any criminal offence.

Amnesty

Former Home Office apparatchik and now Director of Liberty Chakrabati has got her Shamies in a twist here:

Shami Chakrabarti wrote:
“Whilst disappointed, Liberty pays tribute to the brave parliamentarians of all stripes who held their nerve against the pressures of party politics and the terrorists’ attempts to provoke us to abandon our values. Recent years have shown how forgetting Britain’s moral compass has left our country less safe; so on to the House of Lords- once more the guardian of fundamental rights.”

Liberty

That's worth repeating:

Shami Chakrabarti wrote:
and the terrorists’ attempts to provoke us to abandon our values.

So it's the terrorists who have provoked this New Labour junta to abandon our values is it ?

The terrorists being those pathetic excuses for managers of this country, currently occupying Whitehall I would suggest.

acrobat74

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/business/millions-planning-%a33000- 'i'm-a-terrorist'-scam-200806121015

Quote:
MILLIONS of people across the UK are hoping to earn up to £3000 a day by pretending to be a terrorist.

With the government offering generous compensation to anyone held without charge for more than 28 days, enterprising Britons are already getting up to speed with key Jihadist phrases.

Would-be fake maniac Wayne Hayes, a shopfitter from Swindon, said: "I'm just going to wander into my local police station and say, 'I think I might be a terrorist'.

"Then, at the stroke of midnight on the 29th day I'll say, 'actually, I don't think I'm a terrorist after all'. Ker-ching!"

He added: "I'm sure some people will keep it going for the full 42 days, but I can only get four weeks off work."

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/war/terrorists-can-hold-their-breat h-for-41-days%2c-claims-brown-20080603994/

Quote:
TERRORISTS CAN HOLD THEIR BREATH FOR 41 DAYS, CLAIMS BROWN

GORDON Brown has quashed a backbench rebellion over the detention of terror suspects after revealing that terrorists can hold their breath for exactly 41 days.

The prime minister said detention for anything less than 42 days was pointless as the terrorists would simply take a big gulp of air, sit back and smile.

www.moneyasdebt.net
http://www.positivemoney.org.uk/
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent laugh. Cheers.

I must admit I was thinking the same when I read of the 3 grand a day scheme.

All you'd need to do is hatch a plan so devastatingly complicated that it would take plod 42 days to track down all your contacts, emails, multiple mobile phone records, fall ill while in custody, keep changing your story, feign madness etc etc and cash in.

£3,000 per day for every day over 28 days that's 14 x £3,000 = £42,000 multiplied by the plot hatchsters !

I feel a business plan coming on . . .

Joviality aside.

Just to remind everyone, the government doesn't have any money of it's own.

The funds for this despicable bribe is actually our money.

Now if those New Labour scum and DUP scum and Anne Widdecombe scum who voted for this bill were to have the £3,000 a day taken from the salaries and the expenses that we pay them for eroding our freedoms, would the outcome have been different?

Quote:
Labour MP's voting against the Terrorism Bill 2008:

Diane Abbott
Richard Burden
Katy Clark
Harry Cohen
Frank Cook
Jeremy Corbyn
Jim Cousins
Andrew Dismore
Frank Dobson
David Drew
Paul Farrelly
Mark Fisher
Paul Flynn
Neil Gerrard
Ian Gibson
Roger Godsiff
John Grogan
Dai Havard
Kate Hoey
Kelvin Hopkins
Glenda Jackson
Lynne Jones
Peter Kilfoyle
Andrew MacKinlay
Bob Marshall-Andrews
John McDonnell
Michael Meacher
Julie Morgan
Chris Mullin
Douglas Naysmith
Gordon Prentice
Linda Riordan
Alan Simpson
Emily Thornberry
David Winnick
Mike Wood

Quote:
CONSERVATIVE MP VOTING WITH GOVERNMENT

Ann Widdecombe

Quote:
DUP MPs WHO BACKED GOVERNMENT

Gregory Campbell
Nigel Dodds
Jeffrey Donaldson
The Rev William McCrea
The Rev Ian Paisley
Iris Robinson
Peter Robinson
David Simpson
Sammy Wilson

Quote:
If your MP is not listed below, he or she voted on party lines (Labour with the government, Conservative, Lib Dem and other parties against) or did not vote.

Source

Another reminder that the Terrorism Bill 2008 isn't just about 42 days pre-charge detention:

Quote:
The Bill contains a number of provisions which the Government states are designed to enhance counter-terrorism powers. The main elements of the Bill are:

* a provision to allow the pre-charge detention of terrorist suspects to be extended from 28 days to 42 days in certain circumstances

* changes to enable the post-charge questioning of terrorist suspects and the drawing of adverse inferences from silence

* imposing requirements on people convicted of terrorist offences to let authorities know where they are living and any changes to their circumstances

* enhanced sentencing of offenders who commit offences with a terrorist connection

* provision for inquests and inquiries to be heard without a jury.

TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lists Mark,

But don't you have a 'Quislings' list of all the self-seeking New Labour traitors who voted FOR the 42 day internment law in the desperate hope of future wealth and power for themselves?

This whole grimy police state business was of course all driven by the virtually Masonic 'Association of Chief Police Officers'

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Complete list of MP's who voted in support of the Terrorism Bill 2008

Ainger, Nick
Ainsworth, rh Mr. Bob
Alexander, rh Mr. Douglas
Allen, Mr. Graham
Anderson, Mr. David
Anderson, Janet
Armstrong, rh Hilary
Austin, Mr. Ian
Bailey, Mr. Adrian
Baird, Vera
Balls, rh Ed
Banks, Gordon
Barlow, Ms Celia
Barron, rh Mr. Kevin
Battle, rh John
Bayley, Hugh
Beckett, rh Margaret
Begg, Miss Anne
Bell, Sir Stuart
Benn, rh Hilary
Benton, Mr. Joe
Berry, Roger
Betts, Mr. Clive
Blackman, Liz
Blackman-Woods, Dr. Roberta
Blears, rh Hazel
Blizzard, Mr. Bob
Blunkett, rh Mr. David
Borrow, Mr. David S.
Bradshaw, Mr. Ben
Brennan, Kevin
Brown, rh Mr. Gordon
Brown, Lyn
Brown, rh Mr. Nicholas
Brown, Mr. Russell
Browne, rh Des
Bryant, Chris
Burgon, Colin
Burnham, rh Andy
Butler, Ms Dawn
Byers, rh Mr. Stephen
Byrne, Mr. Liam
Caborn, rh Mr. Richard
Cairns, David
Campbell, Mr. Alan
Campbell, Mr. Gregory
Campbell, Mr. Ronnie
Cawsey, Mr. Ian
Challen, Colin
Chapman, Ben
Chaytor, Mr. David
Clapham, Mr. Michael
Clark, Paul
Clarke, rh Mr. Charles
Clarke, rh Mr. Tom
Clelland, Mr. David
Clwyd, rh Ann
Coaker, Mr. Vernon
Coffey, Ann
Connarty, Michael
Cooper, Rosie
Cooper, rh Yvette
Crausby, Mr. David
Creagh, Mary
Cruddas, Jon
Cryer, Mrs. Ann
Cummings, John
Cunningham, Mr. Jim
Cunningham, Tony
Curtis-Thomas, Mrs. Claire
Darling, rh Mr. Alistair
David, Mr. Wayne
Davidson, Mr. Ian
Davies, Mr. Dai
Davies, Mr. Quentin
Dean, Mrs. Janet
Denham, rh Mr. John
Devine, Mr. Jim
Dhanda, Mr. Parmjit
Dobbin, Jim
Dodds, Mr. Nigel
Donaldson, rh Mr. Jeffrey M.
Donohoe, Mr. Brian H.
Doran, Mr. Frank
Dowd, Jim
Eagle, Angela
Eagle, Maria
Efford, Clive
Ellman, Mrs. Louise
Engel, Natascha
Ennis, Jeff
Field, rh Mr. Frank
F itzpatrick, Jim
Flello, Mr. Robert
Flint, rh Caroline
Follett, Barbara
Foster, Mr. Michael (Worcester)
Foster, Michael Jabez (Hastings and Rye)
Francis, Dr. Hywel
Gapes, Mike
Gardiner, Barry
George, rh Mr. Bruce
Gilroy, Linda
Goggins, Paul
Goodman, Helen
Griffith, Nia
Griffiths, Nigel
Gwynne, Andrew
Hain, rh Mr. Peter
Hall, Mr. Mike
Hall, Patrick
Hamilton, Mr. David
Hamilton, Mr. Fabian
Hanson, rh Mr. David
Harman, rh Ms Harriet
Harris, Mr. Tom
Healey, John
Henderson, Mr. Doug
Hendrick, Mr. Mark
Hepburn, Mr. Stephen
Heppell, Mr. John
Hermon, Lady
Hesford, Stephen
Hewitt, rh Ms Patricia
Heyes, David
Hill, rh Keith
Hillier, Meg
Hodge, rh Margaret
Hodgson, Mrs. Sharon
Hood, Mr. Jim
Hoon, rh Mr. Geoffrey
Hope, Phil
Howarth, rh Mr. George
Howells, Dr. Kim
Hoyle, Mr. Lindsay
Hughes, rh Beverley
Humble, Mrs. Joan
Hutton, rh Mr. John
Iddon, Dr. Brian
Illsley, Mr. Eric
Ingram, rh Mr. Adam
Irranca-Davies, Huw
James, Mrs. Siân C.
Jenkins, Mr. Brian
Johnson, rh Alan
Johnson, Ms Diana R.
Jones, Helen
Jones, Mr. Kevan
Jones, Mr. Martyn
Jowell, rh Tessa
Joyce, Mr. Eric
Kaufman, rh Sir Gerald
Keeble, Ms Sally
Keeley, Barbara
Keen, Alan
Keen, Ann
Kelly, rh Ruth
Kemp, Mr. Fraser
Kennedy, rh Jane
Khan, Mr. Sadiq
Kidney, Mr. David
Knight, Jim
Kumar, Dr. Ashok
Ladyman, Dr. Stephen
Lammy, Mr. David
Laxton, Mr. Bob
Lazarowicz, Mark
Lepper, David
Levitt, Tom
Lewis, Mr. Ivan
Linton, Martin
Lloyd, Tony
Love, Mr. Andrew
Lucas, Ian
MacDougall, Mr. John
MacShane, rh Mr. Denis
Mactaggart, Fiona
Mahmood, Mr. Khalid
Malik, Mr. Shahid
Mallaber, Judy
Mann, John
Marris, Rob
Marsden, Mr. Gordon
Martlew, Mr. Eric
McAvoy, rh Mr. Thomas
McCafferty, Chris
McCarthy, Kerry
McCarthy-Fry, Sarah
McCartney, rh Mr. Ian
McCrea, Dr. William
McDonagh, Siobhain
McFadden, Mr. Pat
McFall, rh John
McGovern, Mr. Jim
McGuire, Mrs. Anne
McIsaac, Shona
McKechin, Ann
McKenna, Rosemary
McNulty, rh Mr. Tony
Meale, Mr. Alan
Merron, Gillian
Michael, rh Alun
Milburn, rh Mr. Alan
Miliband, rh David
Miliband, rh Edward
Miller, Andrew
Mitchell, Mr. Austin
Moffat, Anne
Moffatt, Laura
Mole, Chris
Moon, Mrs. Madeleine
Moran, Margaret
Morden, Jessica
Morley, rh Mr. Elliot
Mountford, Kali
Mudie, Mr. George
Munn, Meg
Murphy, Mr. Denis
Murphy, Mr. Jim
Murphy, rh Mr. Paul
Norris, Dan
O'Brien, Mr. Mike
Olner, Mr. Bill
Osborne, Sandra
Owen, Albert
Paisley, rh Rev. Ian
Palmer, Dr. Nick
Pearson, Ian
Plaskitt, Mr. James
Pope, Mr. Greg
Pound, Stephen
Prentice, Bridget
Prescott, rh Mr. John
Primarolo, rh Dawn
Prosser, Gwyn
Purchase, Mr. Ken
Purnell, rh James
Rammell, Bill
Reed, Mr. Andy
Reed, Mr. Jamie
Reid, rh John
Robertson, John
Robinson, Mr. Geoffrey
Robinson, Mrs. Iris
Robinson, rh Mr. Peter
Rooney, Mr. Terry
Roy, Mr. Frank
Ruane, Chris
Ruddock, Joan
Russell, Christine
Ryan, rh Joan
Salter, Martin
Sarwar, Mr. Mohammad
Seabeck, Alison
Sharma, Mr. Virendra
Shaw, Jonathan
Sheerman, Mr. Barry
Sheridan, Jim
Simon, Mr. Siôn
Simpson, David
Singh, Mr. Marsha
Skinner, Mr. Dennis
Slaughter, Mr. Andy
Smith, rh Mr. Andrew
Smith, Ms Angela C. (Sheffield, Hillsborough)
Smith, Angela E. (Basildon)
Smith, Geraldine
Smith, rh Jacqui
Smith, John
Snelgrove, Anne
Soulsby, Sir Peter
Southworth, Helen
Spellar, rh Mr. John
Spink, Bob
Starkey, Dr. Phyllis
Stewart, Ian
Stoate, Dr. Howard
Strang, rh Dr. Gavin
Straw, rh Mr. Jack
Stringer, Graham
Stuart, Ms Gisela
Sutcliffe, Mr. Gerry
Tami, Mark
Taylor, Ms Dari
Taylor, David
Thomas, Mr. Gareth
Timms, rh Mr. Stephen
Tipping, Paddy
Touhig, rh Mr. Don
Trickett, Jon
Turner, Dr. Desmond
Turner, Mr. Neil
Twigg, Derek
Ussher, Kitty
Vaz, rh Keith
Walley, Joan
Waltho, Lynda
Watson, Mr. Tom
Watts, Mr. Dave
Whitehead, Dr. Alan
Wicks, Malcolm
Widdecombe, rh Miss Ann
Williams, rh Mr. Alan
Williams, Mrs. Betty
Wills, Mr. Michael
Wilson, Phil
Wilson, Sammy
Winterton, rh Ms Rosie
Woodward, rh Mr. Shaun
Woolas, Mr. Phil
Wright, Mr. Anthony
Wright, David
Wright, Mr. Iain
Wright, Dr. Tony
Wyatt, Derek

Quote:
Complete list of MP's who voted against the Terrorism Bill 2008

Abbott, Ms Diane
Afriyie, Adam
Ainsworth, Mr. Peter
Alexander, Danny
Amess, Mr. David
Ancram, rh Mr. Michael
Arbuthnot, rh Mr. James
Atkinson, Mr. Peter
Bacon, Mr. Richard
Baker, Norman
Baldry, Tony
Barker, Gregory
Baron, Mr. John
Barrett, John
Beith, rh Mr. Alan
Bellingham, Mr. Henry
Benyon, Mr. Richard
Beresford, Sir Paul
Binley, Mr. Brian
Bone, Mr. Peter
Boswell, Mr. Tim
Bottomley, Peter
Brady, Mr. Graham
Brake, Tom
Brazier, Mr. Julian
Breed, Mr. Colin
Brokenshire, James
Brooke, Annette
Browne, Mr. Jeremy
Browning, Angela
Bruce, rh Malcolm
Burden, Richard
Burns, Mr. Simon
Burrowes, Mr. David
Burstow, Mr. Paul
Burt, Alistair
Burt, Lorely
Butterfill, Sir John
Cable, Dr. Vincent
Cameron, rh Mr. David
Campbell, rh Sir Menzies
Carmichael, Mr. Alistair
Carswell, Mr. Douglas
Cash, Mr. William
Chope, Mr. Christopher
Clappison, Mr. James
Clark, Greg
Clark, Ms Katy
Clarke, rh Mr. Kenneth
Clegg, rh Mr. Nick
Clifton-Brown, Mr. Geoffrey
Cohen, Harry
Conway, Derek
Cook, Frank
Corbyn, Jeremy
Cormack, Sir Patrick
Cousins, Jim
Cox, Mr. Geoffrey
Crabb, Mr. Stephen
Curry, rh Mr. David
Davey, Mr. Edward
Davies, David T.C. (Monmouth)
Davies, Philip
Davis, rh David (Haltemprice and Howden)
Dismore, Mr. Andrew
Djanogly, Mr. Jonathan
Dobson, rh Frank
Dorrell, rh Mr. Stephen
Dorries, Mrs. Nadine
Drew, Mr. David
Duddridge, James
Duncan, Alan
Duncan Smith, rh Mr. Iain
Dunne, Mr. Philip
Durkan, Mark
Ellwood, Mr. Tobias
Evans, Mr. Nigel
Evennett, Mr. David
Fabricant, Michael
Fallon, Mr. Michael
Farrelly, Paul
Farron, Tim
Featherstone, Lynne
Field, Mr. Mark
Fisher, Mark
Flynn, Paul
Foster, Mr. Don
Fox, Dr. Liam
Francois, Mr. Mark
Fraser, Christopher
Gale, Mr. Roger
Galloway, Mr. George
Garnier, Mr. Edward
Gauke, Mr. David
George, Andrew
Gerrard, Mr. Neil
Gibb, Mr. Nick
Gibson, Dr. Ian
Gidley, Sandra
Gillan, Mrs. Cheryl
Godsiff, Mr. Roger
Goldsworthy, Julia
Goodman, Mr. Paul
Goodwill, Mr. Robert
Gove, Michael
Gray, Mr. James
Grayling, Chris
Green, Damian
Greening, Justine
Greenway, Mr. John
Grieve, Mr. Dominic
Grogan, Mr. John
Gummer, rh Mr. John
Hague, rh Mr. William
Hammond, Mr. Philip
Hammond, Stephen
Hancock, Mr. Mike
Hands, Mr. Greg
Harper, Mr. Mark
Harris, Dr. Evan
Harvey, Nick
Havard, Mr. Dai
Hayes, Mr. John
Heald, Mr. Oliver
Heath, Mr. David
Heathcoat-Amory, rh Mr. David
Hemming, John
Hendry, Charles
Herbert, Nick
Hoban, Mr. Mark
Hoey, Kate
Hogg, rh Mr. Douglas
Hollobone, Mr. Philip
Holloway, Mr. Adam
Holmes, Paul
Hopkins, Kelvin
Horam, Mr. John
Horwood, Martin
Hosie, Stewart
Howard, rh Mr. Michael
Howarth, David
Howarth, Mr. Gerald
Hughes, Simon
Huhne, Chris
Hunt, Mr. Jeremy
Hunter, Mark
Hurd, Mr. Nick
Jack, rh Mr. Michael
Jackson, Glenda
Jackson, Mr. Stewart
Jenkin, Mr. Bernard
Jones, Mr. David
Jones, Lynne
Kawczynski, Daniel
Keetch, Mr. Paul
Kennedy, rh Mr. Charles
Key, Robert
Kilfoyle, Mr. Peter
Kirkbride, Miss Julie
Knight, rh Mr. Greg
Kramer, Susan
Laing, Mrs. Eleanor
Lait, Mrs. Jacqui
Lamb, Norman
Lancaster, Mr. Mark
Lansley, Mr. Andrew
Laws, Mr. David
Leech, Mr. John
Leigh, Mr. Edward
Letwin, rh Mr. Oliver
Lewis, Dr. Julian
Liddell-Grainger, Mr. Ian
Lidington, Mr. David
Lilley, rh Mr. Peter
Llwyd, Mr. Elfyn
Loughton, Tim
Luff, Peter
Mackay, rh Mr. Andrew
Mackinlay, Andrew
Maclean, rh David
MacNeil, Mr. Angus
Main, Anne
Malins, Mr. Humfrey
Maples, Mr. John
Marshall-Andrews, Mr. Robert
Mates, rh Mr. Michael
Maude, rh Mr. Francis
May, rh Mrs. Theresa
McDonnell, Dr. Alasdair
McDonnell, John
McGrady, Mr. Eddie
McIntosh, Miss Anne
McLoughlin, rh Mr. Patrick
Meacher, rh Mr. Michael
Mercer, Patrick
Miller, Mrs. Maria
Milton, Anne
Mitchell, Mr. Andrew
Moore, Mr. Michael
Morgan, Julie
Moss, Mr. Malcolm
Mulholland, Greg
Mullin, Mr. Chris
Mundell, David
Murrison, Dr. Andrew
Naysmith, Dr. Doug
Neill, Robert
Newmark, Mr. Brooks
O'Brien, Mr. Stephen
Oaten, Mr. Mark
Öpik, Lembit
Osborne, Mr. George
Ottaway, Richard
Paice, Mr. James
Paterson, Mr. Owen
Pelling, Mr. Andrew
Penning, Mike
Penrose, John
Pickles, Mr. Eric
Prentice, Mr. Gordon
Price, Adam
Prisk, Mr. Mark
Pritchard, Mark
Pugh, Dr. John
Randall, Mr. John
Redwood, rh Mr. John
Reid, Mr. Alan
Rennie, Willie
Rifkind, rh Sir Malcolm
Riordan, Mrs. Linda
Robathan, Mr. Andrew
Robertson, Angus
Robertson, Hugh
Robertson, Mr. Laurence
Rogerson, Dan
Rosindell, Andrew
Ruffley, Mr. David
Russell, Bob
Salmond, rh Mr. Alex
Sanders, Mr. Adrian
Scott, Mr. Lee
Selous, Andrew
Shapps, Grant
Shepherd, Mr. Richard
Short, rh Clare
Simmonds, Mark
Simpson, Alan
Simpson, Mr. Keith
Smith, Sir Robert
Soames, Mr. Nicholas
Spelman, Mrs. Caroline
Spicer, Sir Michael
Spring, Mr. Richard
Stanley, rh Sir John
Steen, Mr. Anthony
Streeter, Mr. Gary
Stuart, Mr. Graham
Stunell, Andrew
Swayne, Mr. Desmond
Swinson, Jo
Swire, Mr. Hugo
Syms, Mr. Robert
Tapsell, Sir Peter
Taylor, David
Taylor, Mr. Ian
Taylor, Matthew
Taylor, Dr. Richard
Teather, Sarah
Thornberry, Emily
Thurso, John
Timpson, Mr. Edward
Tredinnick, David
Turner, Mr. Andrew
Tyrie, Mr. Andrew
Vaizey, Mr. Edward
Vara, Mr. Shailesh
Viggers, Peter
Villiers, Mrs. Theresa
Walker, Mr. Charles
Wallace, Mr. Ben
Walter, Mr. Robert
Wareing, Mr. Robert N.
Waterson, Mr. Nigel
Watkinson, Angela
Webb, Steve
Weir, Mr. Mike
Whittingdale, Mr. John
Wiggin, Bill
Willetts, Mr. David
Williams, Hywel
Williams, Mark
Williams, Mr. Roger
Williams, Stephen
Willis, Mr. Phil
Willott, Jenny
Wilshire, Mr. David
Wilson, Mr. Rob
Winnick, Mr. David
Winterton, Ann
Winterton, Sir Nicholas
Wishart, Pete
Wood, Mike
Wright, Jeremy
Yeo, Mr. Tim
Young, rh Sir George
Younger-Ross, Richard

Source

karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6 weeks without charge and without evidence and without access to a solicitor means we are a facist state.

From watching Shami several times i do get the feeling she is another managed opposition.
I have not heard her defend peoples rights at all wholeheartedly.
I dont want to play the race card but she is possibly anti Muslim herself.
At least she seems to be very compliant to Labour policies.

1200 people are being held right now i believe. With only a handful of convictions so far. All for thought crimes rather than actual events.

Anne Widdecombe is scum. A bitter nasty twisted spinster.
She like Blair switched codes because she was against female vicars.
She is rabidly Islamophobic.
She opposed Michael Howard when he was her boss.
Now she is the only Tory to cross the lobby.
A bitter nasty twisted spinster.

Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont you like Anne Widdecombe then?
blackcat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She may be bitter nasty and twisted Karlos but her marital status is irrelevant. Bitter, nasty twisted housewife and mother doesn't have the same effect though does it? Putting the word spinster with bitter twisted and nasty reveals a tad of prejudice I think.
"The conflict between corporations and activists is that of narcolepsy versus remembrance. The corporations have money, power and influence. Our sole influence is public outrage. Extract from "Cloud Atlas (page 125) by David Mitchell.
paul wright

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackcat wrote:
Putting the word spinster with bitter twisted and nasty reveals a tad of prejudice I think.

The implication being she'd be better for a "good shafting".
I've never found this to be the case....

Sinclair
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Counter-Terrorism Bill 2008 also contains the Clauses 65 measure, which relate to the holding of coroners' inquests without a jury and/or family member present (secret inquests) & also Clause 67 - the government appointment of specially selected coroners. Neither of these measures have been commented upon at any length.

Along with '42-day pre-charge detention', the amendment orders to remove the measures in Clauses 65 & 67 of the Bill, were defeated (i.e. the measures stay in. We have the House of Lords to raise their objection & bat the subject back to the House of Commons). The Clause 65 amendment was defeated by 310-287 & the Clause 67 amendment order by 331-269. (Details of how your MP voted from the links here).

Watch the House of Commons debate, from the evening of 10/6/08, on Clause 65 - the holding of coroners' inquests without a jury and/or family member present (secret inquests) here.

In the debate it is intimated that the Clause 65 (& 67) measures are apparently required by the government to deal with 'one particular case' - the de Menezes inquest case (which has been opened then was immediately deferred), but, of course, the nefarious measures would also apply to any/all of the inquests into the July 7th 2005 victims.

Note that none of the July 7th victims' inquests have been concluded.

The existing coroners inquest system already allows for a coroner to invoke Public Interest Immunity (PII) procedured in cases where 'National Security' information cannot publically be divulged.

But ask yourself this:
Under what circumstances - WHY and HOW would 'National Security' be compromised in such an inquest into a July 7th victim?

Why are the government so keen to implement secret inquests headed by specially selected/appointed coroners?

What 'national Security' issues would be revealed by an investigation under the existing coroners inquest system?

More info on this subject is at the J7 Blog & the J7 Forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: