FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sun20Jul - READING - The Elephant in The Room

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Accelerationists' Armageddon Project For WWIII, Economic Crash, Starvation & Deadly Pathogens Rampant
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scubadiver
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:17 am    Post subject: Sun20Jul - READING - The Elephant in The Room Reply with quote

The Global Cafe conference room has been booked for a screening of the 'Elephant in the Room'.

It will start at 3:30 and be finished by 6pm.

http://www.risc.org.uk

scubadiver
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have put an advert in the local paper for this week and next. Good publicity for the film (and my website) even if not many turn up.

Free entry.

scubadiver
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, not many turned up. I had expected more.

Sad

gareth
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scubadiver wrote:
I have put an advert in the local paper for this week and next. Good publicity for the film (and my website) even if not many turn up.

Free entry.

scubadiver wrote:
Unfortunately, not many turned up. I had expected more.

Sad

From experience i've found that ads in local newspapers have relatively little punter pulling power. Perhaps if there is a next time try:

Indymedia (see here)
flyers through doors
posters in shop windows

The screening isn't mentioned in the cinema newsletter or website

There is also a podcast featuring reactions to the film and an interview with the director that might be of use.

scubadiver
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a huge fan of leaflets to be honest. Not guaranteed to target the right people and I was too late for the events newsletter. I didn't think about the website.

I just think Reading needs a kick up the arse big time. It is a tough nut to crack.

gareth
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scubadiver wrote:
I am not a huge fan of leaflets to be honest. Not guaranteed to target the right people

Say, for example, that roughly 20% of people have genuine doubts about the 9/11 events. If you were to deliver (at a minimum) 500 leaflets through peoples doors you can be safe in the knowledge that 100 people would consider coming along. If you wrote the leaflet carefully you could attract some of the remaining 80%. e.g. mentioning that the Elephant won best UK doc at the London Independent Film Festival. Also there's the chance that people who receive a leaflet might recommend the film to a friend who they're aware has doubts about 9/11.

I'm only saying the above because i know from experience it works. Just as much as i know that placing a single ad in a local paper and sitting back doesn't. You gotta blitz every angle.

fish5133
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leafleting is a funny business. I put out approx 1250 simply typed leaflets with a brief 911 theme and offered DVDs, gave email and mobile nr. I got 0 zero response.
However for William Rodriguez event i put out about 1200 and got a good response Also put posters in shops and on a few lampposts. A show of hands at the meeting of approx 150 showed a fairly even split between leaflet,a radio plug , email. and personal invite

my local college does A3 photocopies at 2p each so you can get quite a few small leaflets quite cheaply and a guillotine speeds up cutting.
Pound for pound i think a good article in a local newspaper is probably more effective at communicating 9/11 truth than a special event, but special events with a good speaker are valuable for encouraging each other and keeping the profile up.

The message is definitely getting through at grass roots level. Only today my neighbour who was reroofing an extension shouted over and asked me about 911 as he had obviously seen something on TV (as Ive never given him a dvd or anything) and commented about the squibbs and popping out being the same as a huge block of flats that were brought down with explosives by us many years ago.

Loose Change final cut was showing in Liverpool a while back and at last minute I printed some contact details and websites just to hand out in the cinema.

We just each do what we can with the resources we have

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Accelerationists' Armageddon Project For WWIII, Economic Crash, Starvation & Deadly Pathogens Rampant All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: