FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Validated posters etc.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> 9/11 & 7/7 Truth Controversies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sam
Wrecker
Wrecker

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Validated posters etc. Reply with quote

(Sorry to post here, but there's no other obvious place to put it)

I notice that while most posters have "Moderate poster" or "Editorial" or somesuch by their username, one or two have "9/11 truth critic". I can only imagine this is assigned by the administrators of the forum.

I have no grievance with "9/11 truth critics" obviously - I'm one myself - but have I banished myself to Critic's Corner for no reason? I thought that's where critics were supposed to post? As I recall Bushwacker was suspended a while back for (allegedly) posting out of CC?

It's all very mysterious. Can someone clarify?

ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will need to clarify with Tony as to his definition, but in effect those who should post in critics corner and only critics corner are those who accept the official explanations of 9/11 and see no need for a further investigation

That posters such as telecasterisation (who don't accept the OCT) have also been given a truth critic label is clearly a bone of contention and something Tony may (or may not) wish to explain.
jfk
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am '9/11 truth critic' because i post about tv fakery!
whatever, i don't care about the label, just the truth!
sam
Wrecker
Wrecker

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfk wrote:
i am '9/11 truth critic' because i post about tv fakery!
whatever, i don't care about the label, just the truth!

What, in the sense that you believe in "no planes" at WTC and the impacts were video-faked?

TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for flagging this up.
We are in the process of making it much clearer who is confined to critics corner and who not.
Stand by folks.

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely challenge the official version of events - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC -I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC
sam
Wrecker
Wrecker

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyGosling wrote:
Thanks for flagging this up.
We are in the process of making it much clearer who is confined to critics corner and who not.
Stand by folks.

OK, ta. Just to make it crystal clear, I personally can't see why dissenters from the official Forum line should be prevented from debating in any of the sub-forums here. But it's your forum. So be it.

In particular it strikes me as weird beyond belief that "Other controversies", for example, should be off-limits to 9/11 "truth" sceptics when the topics are, by definition, non 9/11 related.

telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure why there are any 'Thanks for flagging this up' - this was all brought up months ago when members found their 'on-screen persona' altered with no official warning or explanation.

It was only after I PM'ed, that a third party was prepared to offer up any kind of response - I am apparently a '9/11 Truth Critic' for nothing whatsoever related to my views on the events of the day in question.

The individual in question who assigned the new labels, has never once had the decency or courage to explain themselves - even after I posted all the relevant information in a thread.

I realise that this is way down the list of priorities, but it seems that we are always waiting for the results of something happening off in the background - these never seem to materialise in any form of official follow-up.

A couple of years ago when I was banned from here without warning or explanation due to nothing more inflammatory than a flippant remark about a helicopter, it was made clear by those who run this site that things would change, be much 'tighter' - nothing would or could happen/no-one would be ousted, without a recognised procedure of warnings. Yet here we are, 'stuff' happening with not a single flag being raised and when it is questioned, it is always 'You'll find out in due course', or 'It is currently being discussed'.

Are we to assume that 'stuff' happens with no debate or consulation behind the scenes first? Some admin just takes a dislike and presses the 'nuke' button on a whim? The lack of continuity is also truly bizarre, I am labelled a critic (and aren’t), yet sam is a self-proclaimed critic but still a 'moderate poster'?

It seems there is no cohesion, no interchange, just a clash of personalities who have opposing ideas and ideals, who then work at tangents to each other. I know it is all done on a 'volunteer' basis, but it seems you make it up as you go along, sorting it out later (if at all) all post-event, flapping a wing or offering up an associated prayer when the need arises.

Bottom line; what happened to no changes being made without it being made public first?

I completely challenge the official version of events - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC -I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC
redadare
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam C said
Quote:
In particular it strikes me as weird beyond belief that "Other controversies", for example, should be off-limits to 9/11 "truth" sceptics when the topics are, by definition, non 9/11 related.

It seems simple to me. I am only concerned with evidence (or justifiable theories) relating to 9/11. Having stuff about all sorts of unrelated events; and I am not stupid enough to believe that events relating to loss of freedoms are completely unconnected; only makes reading labororious, even tedious.

I appreciate that on a forum, everyone has a point of view, but there really is too much stuff that even with a real strech of the imagination, cannot be connected to 9/11.
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redadare wrote:
...........there really is too much stuff that even with a real strech of the imagination, cannot be connected to 9/11.

Please read the forum heading, 'the bigger picture and the quest for truth.'

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Six weeks ago we were promised;

Quote:

People are standing by as instructed.

Is this still being tirelessly discussed behind the scenes via long midnight meetings within smokey rooms containing whiteboards, paper lists, wringing of hands, angst and unabated conflict, or just forgotten about?

TmcMistress
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sam wrote:

OK, ta. Just to make it crystal clear, I personally can't see why dissenters from the official Forum line should be prevented from debating in any of the sub-forums here. But it's your forum. So be it.

I used to believe the same, but have since, at least somewhat, come around to the notion that, having CC'ers running around in the forum at large would mostly result in a lot of pointless bickering. Not really the fault of one side or the other, but that's the way it would likely be. Maybe one or two out of every 50 topics would be any good whatsoever.

ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a long time there were no critics (i.e. users defending the official explanations), however gradually the forum did attract such critics and pointless bickering was indeed the result. You can get a sense of this by visiting the discussions around the time of the establishment of critics corner. However this distinction was confused somewhat by the introduction of user labels such as '9/11 truth critic' that stretched beyond this tight definition. IMO all labels (such as truth critic or validated poster) need commonly understood criteria which define them or they risk being meaningless.
TmcMistress
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, they should just be done away with altogether, or made completely innocuous. The titles introduce an odd sort of class structure in the forums, like "My activism is better than your activism", or to act as some sort of brand, which could potentially color how a particular posters' er, post, is read.
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Validated poster system is working fabulously IMO.

When individual posters are known or consistently 'blue sky' campaigners its common sense to flag that up - er - these people tend to be reliable posters.

Clearly shills will be the first to want to do away with such a system.

Anyone else - please come up with a decent argument.

TmcMistress wrote:
IMO, they should just be done away with altogether, or made completely innocuous. The titles introduce an odd sort of class structure in the forums, like "My activism is better than your activism", or to act as some sort of brand, which could potentially color how a particular posters' er, post, is read.

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
chrisc
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: uh-hu... Reply with quote

TonyGosling wrote:

Well, I find that I agree more and have more time for people who are "Moderate Posters", eg James C on peak oil, Dogsmilk on the holohoax nonsense, TmcMistress on most things.. so, perhaps it is working... Rolling Eyes

FWIW I was a "Validated Poster" for a few days... Rolling Eyes

paul wright

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: uh-hu... Reply with quote

chrisc wrote:
TonyGosling wrote:

Well, I find that I agree more and have more time for people who are "Moderate Posters", eg James C on peak oil, Dogsmilk on the holohoax nonsense, TmcMistress on most things.. so, perhaps it is working... Rolling Eyes

I consider you valid, Chris,having met you a few times, though I consider James C as an imposter with too much time on his hands. Though I haven't met him
Of course, you're projecting stuff that relates to the 'left wing' or revolutionary agenda
You don't seem to like material coming from the supposedly "right"
This includes much of the material sources presented on here
How are you going to deal with it?
Conspiracy=right wing
It's the source but much of it seems to derive from the Right
If I ever supported you in indymedia I got derided as a right-winger
Which is nonsense of course, as you know
How will you ever resolve this?

TmcMistress
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="TonyGosling"]The Validated poster system is working fabulously IMO.

Quote:
When individual posters are known or consistently 'blue sky' campaigners its common sense to flag that up - er - these people tend to be reliable posters.

Not sure why that should be common sense. At any rate, shouldn't those supporting and upholding the system be the ones to present an argument for it?

Quote:
Clearly shills will be the first to want to do away with such a system.

TmcMistress wrote:

I'm hoping you're not implying what I think you might be here. Because if you are, I've got to say that I had thought accusations of people being shills because they disagree with you got tired long ago.

Dogsmilk
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's basically pointless because:

1/Is there any evidence anyone takes any notice? I know I don't. As e.g. Paul and Chris appear to have done, I form my own opinions. So I personally think some VPs tend to talk a load of rubbish and some none VPs are inherently reliable - it's always going to be a matter of personal judgement and people will inevitably have different opinions to whoever is doing the labelling. So what's the point?
If on the other hand, people do use it as a guide...well tell me I'm wrong.

2/On a forum statedly opposed to ID cards, pro individual rights and agaisnt people being filed and classified and labelled by the PTB, having a system whereby people are ascribed labels (generally) without explanation or any say in the matter in an inconsistent manner (see 3) seems ironic to say the least. As tmc says, it looks like a kind of imposed hierarchy.

3/It seems very inconsistent and misleading. For example, there seems to be no explicable reason why tele is a "911 truth critic", yet Sam - who is Ignatz and overtly a 'critic' is a "moderate poster" - and every 'regular' knows this and to anyone reading his posts it's obvious where he's coming from, so you don't even need the label anyway. Surely if anyone should be a VP Ian Neal should be but he's a "super poster". So according to the forum at time of writing, I am led to believe by the 'forum authorities' that Ian is less 'reliable' than all the VPs here. How does that make sense? Much as I dislike the guy and think he comes out with theories he won't defend, it seems strange Killtown is a "911 truth critic" - it seems very inaccurate as - love him or loathe him - he's obviously very pro "911 truth" in his own way. I'd argue it's actually rather misleading.I'm not even sure why SimpleSimon has this tag - "Jew theorist" seems more accurate to me. But it's a tall order to expect anyone to keep accurate track of all posters and the subjectivity of decision making will simply lead to patrons frequently not agreeing with labels applied which leads us back to 1/

4/Why do people need to be told what to think about other posters? Surely people can make their own minds up? Is it assumed we can't think for ourselves and need a 'higher authority' to do it for us?

5/Any actual shills would be totally unaffected given people will likely just make their own mind up anyway. People still imply things about other posters and the labelling system doesn't seem to affect that in any way.

6/If you define a VP as being generally reliable, you are making a value judgement about them. So if an outside observer reads their posts and thinks they're spouting rabid nonsense, this also implicates the forum itself as it has 'validated' them. It could be the case a VP suddenly turns out to have hardcore racist opinions or something, which could potentially give ammunation against the forum insofar as it overtly made a positive value judgement about them. On the other hand, everyone knows any charlie can join a public forum, so the forum is not specifically implicated in backing what people choose to say if there is no labelling system according to perceived value. In effect, it basically invites people to judge the forum via the content of "validated posters" which isn't necessarily a good thing...depending on your opinion of what the VPs say.

7/Human nature being what it is, objectivity is impossible. So we see on this thread that e.g. if Chris were running it, James C may be "validated", but Paul may choose otherwise. Who's right? It's a matter of subjective opinion. At the end of the day, if you don't like what someone says, they upset you, you don't like their opinions, they have different values etc, it's likely this will influence the judgement - essentially posters are only 'reliable' in terms of whether whoever is doing the labelling thinks they are and they are unlikely to be the epitome of detached objectivity. None us would be. The temptation for "reliable" to become "I just don't like you" or "I disagree with you" or "our value base is different" will be ever present. So again, people just won't necessarily agree with these judgements, so back to 1/ again.

8/(At least that I've seen) every other forum on the internet seems to get by just fine without labelling patrons in such a fashion.

9/How can you fairly judge a poster to be a "relentless limpet shill"?

10/People won't be happy about decisions made about them or being forced to carry a tag comprising someone else's personal opinion of them and will be inevitably disgruntled about it. This simply sows dischord. Correct me if I am wrong, but posts comprising people complaining about the 'data carried on their ID card' substantially outweigh posts saying how great the system is and perhaps our ID cards should carry more data.

Last edited by Dogsmilk on Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
James C
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: uh-hu... Reply with quote

paul wright wrote:
chrisc wrote:
TonyGosling wrote:

I consider you valid, Chris,having met you a few times, though I consider James C as an imposter with too much time on his hands. Though I haven't met him

I was a validated poster once but then became a critic and now am a moderate poster. My status as critic was actioned due to my views on peak oil and one particular attack of mine in response to something Ian Crane posted. I have subsequently spoken to Mr Crane over the phone.

But as for having time on my hands, perhaps Paul would care to compare how many posts he has submitted to my total.

And why am I an imposter then Paul? Is it because I don't share your view on peak oil although that would be rather petty don't you think?

Personally, I think the whole status system should be scrapped. It stinks of elitism. It just goes to show that even the 9/11 truth movement cannot escape the 'tagging' of human beings. All that back slapping by the leaders and bad attitude towards the rank and file. What a sorry state of affairs.
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: uh-hu... Reply with quote

To make even the tiniest distinction between people who are known campaigners and dubious anonymous entities is 'elitism'?

You sound a bit too much of a 'dumber down to zero' to me which is the problem with the mainstream innit?

Elitism?
Or quality control?

James C wrote:

....the whole status system should be scrapped. It stinks of elitism. It just goes to show that even the 9/11 truth movement cannot escape the 'tagging' of human beings. All that back slapping by the leaders and bad attitude towards the rank and file. What a sorry state of affairs.

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
James C
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: uh-hu... Reply with quote

TonyGosling wrote:
To make even the tiniest distinction between people who are known campaigners and dubious anonymous entities is 'elitism'?

You sound a bit too much of a 'dumber down to zero' to me which is the problem with the mainstream innit?

Elitism?
Or quality control?

James C wrote:

....the whole status system should be scrapped. It stinks of elitism. It just goes to show that even the 9/11 truth movement cannot escape the 'tagging' of human beings. All that back slapping by the leaders and bad attitude towards the rank and file. What a sorry state of affairs.

Elitism.

Obviously that grates on you but that is what it is. You can pretend it's quality control if you like but it doesn't fool me.
karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James it is nothing other than exactly what it means.
A validated poster means people on this forum have met you, know who you really are and can say that you really exist. Hence you are validated.

As long as a person remains an anonymous internet poster that nobody knows the real identity of then that avatar/person cannot be considered validated.
Simple.
No elitism. Just quality control.

Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karlos wrote:
James it is nothing other than exactly what it means.
A validated poster means people on this forum have met you, know who you really are and can say that you really exist. Hence you are validated.

As long as a person remains an anonymous internet poster that nobody knows the real identity of then that avatar/person cannot be considered validated.
Simple.
No elitism. Just quality control.

...though that isn't actually how it works in practice...I mean does that mean at some point people knew who James or Chrisc were, but now they don't? Except Chris has apparently now been 'remembered', so is now more inherently "reliable" than he was yesterday...

I don't understand how it's "quality control": since when did your posts constitute "quality", Karlos? Very Happy
paul wright

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deep apologies JamesC. It was an awful thing to suggest and withdraw the term unreservedly. I'm fully appreciative of your desire to promote Peak Oil as you see it. All I was trying to say was that I haven't met you therefore have only your written text here to go by. I'm sure if I met you I'd regard you as a fine fella and agree to disagree on whatever.

As goes for chrisc who I've met and is now "validated" though I'm sure we disagree with other over a range of topics, and the same with DogsMilk who I've met on a couple of occasions and who is imo thoroughly good people acting from the best motivation

I agree that quality control has little to do with it. I noticed recently I stood at number 10 in the "top ten" posters here. I've little doubt that much of that input is the most appalling rubbish Very Happy

ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever labels are used (if any), they should be useful and meaningful and not promote divisions and elitism (which could be an unintended consequence). IMO they should not reflect the extent to which someone agrees with Tony/mods (with the obvious exception of 9/11 truth critic) or be seen to be an endorsement of any kind.
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have to admit im also puzzled about 'how' someone becomes validated.
i don't know anybody here(other than reading and replying to posts here).

the only person ive met is andrew johnson once, and we have disagreed with eachother a lot since. so i would'nt exactly class myself as validated if the tag is given for being known to the 9/11 truth community.

however i have also have to say i agree with this......

Quote:

i'm sure ive bought up concerns before about others being seen to be less valueable than others before but about something different.

i do think im less worthy of a validated tag than others who don't have one, so how they are given out does seem puzzling to me and needs to be made clear if they must be used and given out equally and fairly to those who qualify with no bias.
James C
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul wright wrote:
Deep apologies JamesC. It was an awful thing to suggest and withdraw the term unreservedly. I'm fully appreciative of your desire to promote Peak Oil as you see it. All I was trying to say was that I haven't met you therefore have only your written text here to go by.

Thanks for your apology Paul.

paul wright wrote:
I'm sure if I met you I'd regard you as a fine fella and agree to disagree on whatever.

The feeling is mutual.
telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyGosling wrote:

Quote:

Decent arguments and coherent explanations are actually sorely lacking.

Having been labelled a totally inappropriate and misleading '911 Truth Critic' (when I am clearly not and have never professed to be) - how exactly can such a system work informing others as to someone's 'viewpoint/stance' when admin slap daft labels willy-nilly just because they don't like someone?

The person responsible has never had the gumption or courage to explain themselves.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> 9/11 & 7/7 Truth Controversies All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: