FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Galloway exposes UK Agents Provocateurs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackcat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:04 am    Post subject: Galloway exposes UK Agents Provocateurs Reply with quote

http://worldpressnetwork.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=296

Quote:
BREAKING NEWS : 'Agents Provocateurs' caught in the UK
by Editor on Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:45 pm

George Galloway again catches the establishment trying to smear him. This time using Agents Provocateurs at last week's demonstration against Bush during his visit to London.

George Galloway initially complained to the police about police brutality during the demo. Today we have the very strong allegation of Agents Provocateurs, including naming and showing the photo of one of the London police officers involved.

George Galloway MP has just sent the following letter to the Home Secretary, concerning the actions of a police agent provocateur, who has been identified as Inspector Chris Dreyfus, at the anti-Bush demonstration.

I can now confirm that this man was Chris Dreyfus, an inspector in the police.

This man, to my direct knowledge, committed four criminal offences during the 30 minutes or so he stood next to me. First, he repeatedly chanted the arcane, antiquated Americana, “Kill the pigs!” This is a clear incitement to violence, indeed murder. If a Muslim demonstrator had been chanting it, say, outside the Danish Embassy, he would likely now be in prison. Secondly, he repeatedly (crushing me in the process) attempted to charge the crush barriers and the police line behind them. Thirdly, he repeatedly exhorted others so to do. Fourthly, he instructed a young demonstrator on the correct way to uncouple a crush barrier, which was successfully achieved and was subsequently thrown at the police, and was presumably one of the justifications for the deployment of a riot squad which eventually waded in to the protesters.
<br><br>
Home Secretary, there can hardly a more grave indictment of the conduct of the police force in a democratic country than this. People in the labour movement have often mythologised the state’s use of agents provocateurs throughout my 40 years experience and no doubt long before. But, to my recollection, we have never caught one red-handed before.

"The conflict between corporations and activists is that of narcolepsy versus remembrance. The corporations have money, power and influence. Our sole influence is public outrage. Extract from "Cloud Atlas (page 125) by David Mitchell.
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another interesting example from the recent anti-war demonstration that certainly tallies with my experience of similar 'agent provocateur' actions on other demos I've been on. The 'spikies' who like to provoke violence. They frighten away more moderate and vulnerable (older people, women and children) demonstrators and drown out any debate. Absolutely intentional tactic used by the 'powers that be'. I've seen similar results arising from the antics of the WOMBLES and CLASS WAR in the past (Stop the City/'anti-globalisation demos). Agents or useful idiots? Who cares, anyone provoking violence and aggression must be shunned and treated as an agent. Interestingly the Notes from the Borderland collective is friendly with CLASSWAR.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1028224/Was-friend-yelled-ab use-police-anti-war-demo-stooge-thug-asks-writer.html

Was 'friend' who yelled abuse at police on anti-war demo a stooge or a thug, asks writer
By Yasmin Whittaker-khan
Last updated at 10:20 PM on 21st June 2008

Comments (40) Add to My Stories

Last Sunday afternoon in Parliament Square, Central London, and several thousand anti-war protesters were gathered to mark President George W. Bush's last official visit to Britain.

The crowd was, as usual, relaxed, supportive and friendly. So friendly that some people reckon an anti-war demo is a good place to find a partner. It certainly beats internet dating.

The man I was to meet that day, however, left me angry and bemused.

Enlarge Face-off: Police and anti-war protesters confront each other at last Sunday's demonstration

At the start, the demo - organised by Stop The War Coalition, CND and the British Muslim Initiative - was peaceful, if lively.

Many protesters came with hooters, drums, screeching whistles and saucepan lids - every one of them passionately opposed to the invasion of Iraq.

But looming over us ominously was a heavy security presence: riot police, armed officers, even snipers on rooftops.

These days it appears permissible to wave a gun at Britons exercising their democratic rights.

The plan was to walk up Whitehall and deliver a letter to Downing Street, where Bush was meeting Prime Minister Gordon Brown. No chance. We found the road cordoned off with two rows of railings and columns of policemen.

As a throng of protesters built up by the barriers, an extremely animated demonstrator in a white T-shirt caught my eye.

He was near the front screaming abuse at the police and trying to get a friend further back to join him. The second man sheepishly refused his encouragements to edge forward.

The man in the T-shirt was tall, well-built and handsome, smiling but with a hint of menace. He pushed aside children and elderly people.

He continued to shout slogans such as: 'Pigs Out.'

On his back was a black rucksack and he carried a professional-looking camera with a large telephoto lens. Hardly the sort of kit for a few snaps of his day out.

My friends and I, standing a few rows back, asked him a couple of times to calm down, but he ignored us.

I wondered why I was drawn to him. Was it his dark good looks or was I worried for the safety of my 70-year-old friend and children nearby?

Then it dawned on me. I had met this man at a party. I tapped him gently on the shoulder and said: 'Have we met before?'

Instantly he recognised me. 'Hi, how are you? It's really nice to see you here.'

My puzzlement grew. This chap wasn't really the sort you'd expect to see shouting abuse at police officers at an anti-war demo. He was, after all, a policeman himself - and a high-ranking one at that.

I'd met the police inspector at a party around last Christmas. The local mayor was there, along with councillors from other parties and journalists. I'd been asked along by a friend.

Later, we went to a local gay club, where I danced with him and a few others until 3.30am.

He had a bolshie charm, was cocky and a little manipulative. He was also highly entertaining, bragging about his work in the police and how important he was.

I remained bemused about his presence at the demo. I asked if he would send me copies of his demo photos. He replied: 'No, they're to put on my bedroom wall.'

I then casually asked why he was shouting anti-police slogans.

'Funny you chanting that,' I said, 'when you're a policeman.'

They don't have my sort in the police, love,' he said camply, so I would assume he was referring to being gay. A few seconds later, he melted into the crowd.

I wondered whether he was at the demo undercover, deliberately whipping up trouble that he could capture on camera. That would then be used to malign anti-war protesters as dangerous and violent subversives.

Of course, it is possible he was there off-duty to support the anti-war cause, but it is hardly likely he would enjoy chanting slogans against the police.

Equally, he could have been legitimately monitoring the crowds, but again he surely would have been quieter.

I realise there are times when the police need to work undercover if they suspect a crime is being committed. But that is quite different to going into a crowd as an agitator to create disruption.

I went home from the demo feeling furious and did a little research into him. It turns out that he is on more than nodding terms with controversy.

A year ago he advertised himself on the internet looking for sexual contacts with men.

There are plenty of gay policemen - which is to be applauded - but few advertise themselves as such on the internet. It isn't sensible, let alone dignified. Still, I expect the uniform is an extra marketing tool.

I also found out that he is no mere rank-and-file officer.

Last week, it was reported that police at the demonstration had made 25 arrests - including a 60-year-old woman for indecent exposure.

Ten officers suffered minor injuries and two protesters were taken to hospital.

Stop The War has organised about 20 marches in the past, all of which have been peaceful. This is the first where there has been violence.

I cannot say this man was responsible for the trouble, but I saw him try his best to urge the crowd forward.

It is hard not to despair at the remarks of the Metropolitan Police's Deputy Assistant Commissioner Chris Allison, who told reporters: 'We are seriously disappointed by the irresponsible and criminal action of those who have challenged police ... We have done nothing but negotiate to make their demonstration a success.'

But however you look at it, the thuggish behaviour of the man I saw is hardly what you expect of someone employed to protect the public.

Our civil liberties are being eroded daily. The likes of this man are playing a part in destroying the few we have left.

If our security relies on idiots like him creating their own evidence to reinforce fear, who can we trust?
isfahan
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George Galloway exposes Police Agent Provocateur
from SPIDERED NEWS

Anti-war MP George Galloway has accused London Metropolitan Police of engaging in “a deliberate conspiracy to bring about scenes of violent disorder” during President George W. Bush’s visit to the UK last week.

In addition to this information, other demonstrators have described similar incidents with strange looking protesters.

It has been common practice at previous demonstrations for authorities to employ police or special forces to intentionally infiltrate peaceful protests and cause violence.

Galloway has just sent the following letter to the Home Secretary, concerning the actions of a police agent provocateur, who has been identified as Inspector Chris Dreyfus, at the recent anti-Bush demonstration:

“I can now confirm that this man was Chris Dreyfus, an inspector in the police.

Inspector Chris Dreyfus

This man, to my direct knowledge, committed four criminal offences during the 30 minutes or so he stood next to me.

First, he repeatedly chanted the arcane, antiquated Americana, “Kill the pigs!” This is a clear incitement to violence, indeed murder. If a Muslim demonstrator had been chanting it, say, outside the Danish Embassy, he would likely now be in prison.

Secondly, he repeatedly (crushing me in the process) attempted to charge the crush barriers and the police line behind them.

Thirdly, he repeatedly exhorted others so to do.

Fourthly, he instructed a young demonstrator on the correct way to uncouple a crush barrier, which was successfully achieved and was subsequently thrown at the police, and was presumably one of the justifications for the deployment of a riot squad which eventually waded in to the protesters.

Home Secretary, there can hardly a more grave indictment of the conduct of the police force in a democratic country than this. People in the labour movement have often mythologised the state’s use of agents provocateurs throughout my 40 years experience and no doubt long before. But, to my recollection, we have never caught one red-handed before.”
outsider
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to remind folks about the Quebec 'agent provocateurs':

http://www.spiderednews.com/GeorgeGalloway_I.htm?url=@http://www.socia listunity.com/?p=2533#comment-77774

outsider

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could find nothing about GG accusing police of provocation in UK press;
I went through a dozen, including the Morning Star, and all I could find was a blog in the Telegraph, although they had this 'previous' on Dreyfus:

Telegraph - Insp. loses promotion
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1580094/Inspector-loses-promoti on-over-Facebook.html

Shoestring

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Provocateur had key role on 7/7 Reply with quote

It's worht noting that provocateur Chris Drefus appears to have had a critical role within the police when the 7/7 bombings occurred in 2005. As the Daily Telegraph reported a couple of months ago: "As British Transport Police’s head of royalty and government protection, Insp Dreyfus leads the force’s responsibility for guarding the Queen, the royal family and government figures when they are on the transport network. Insp Dreyfus also used to head the force’s Counter-Terrorism Proactive Unit, in which he was in charge of 30 officers. He was involved in the police’s response at King’s Cross during the July 7 suicide bombings in 2005. He was unavailable for comment."

So he looks like a rather suspicious character to me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: