FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Copy my disc and distribute?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A.L.EX-N.E.TA
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Copy my disc and distribute? Reply with quote

I've got a DVD-R with Loose Change 2nd Edition and 9/11 Mysteries Part 1: Demolitions on it.

I say we pool some money together to copy the disc as many times as possible and post them off to as many random addresses we can. Maybe even send a bunch to celebrities such as Bob Geldolf and Bono and other people with voices that can reach a high number of people.

I've brought about 4 things from him and collected about 12 free dvds.
AntonH
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say this is a good idea! Check my proposals for appeals on the International Truth Comission on 911 in another topic.

Anton,
London
Reflecter
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to add a negative opinion to your positive idea but it's a total waste of time and resources.

A better idea was once posted by someone and i'd love to re-find the thread, that a serious effort was made to blanket every address in a single town with DVD's, so that a major talking point was created that led to a critical mass.

In reality it wouldn't have worked (hence the buried thread), though its a nice idea attempting to be the media that shapes minds and conversation points on any given day.

Be honest though, how many DVD's have you given out / screened to people or how many people have you at length explained 9/11 and other issues to? How many have been interested enough to actually take part themselves from DVD's at random / film screenings / talks / chats etc? I'm not likeable but i've enthralled/entertained a few crowds, given out hundreds and attended a few screenings, like me I'll wager it ain't that many for many people within the truth get up.

Ergo why spend thousands of pounds posting DVD's to celebrities/politicians (General K Partin issued everyone with his concrete assertions over OKC backed up by Fort Meade studies for nowt) or anyone, when the MSM has made it quietly clear that a revolution of different thinkers exists and they can be found in cyberspace which everyone has. Hell even my dad in rural France has a 12mb connection that does as it says on the tin (unlike UK providers).

Though sadly as a prior qualified electrician like a few I know, he has never heard of Nikola Tesla who invented the AC current they deal with. Maybe A few MRI operators may know him and hopefully Tesla Motors will correct that. So in hindsight perhaps your right afterall. So should I mail Apple Paltrow, Peaches or Fifi Trixabelle with a copy of webfairy or D L Abrahamson first?

Good idea at heart anyway.

Chris Walsh
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sadly have to agree that most people, seemingly being of limited intellect and free will these days, will not view a free DVD and overnight become part of the Truth movement.

That said, I did once have the idea of burning loads of Loose Change Final Cuts/Endgames and sliding them into Metro newspapers on the busy Stagecoach buses that operate in Newcastle. If people are willing to pick up a fairly respectable newspaper and read it, then surely they will be interested in a 'free DVD' that comes with it. It would be quite hard to implement - one would have to get on the first bus of the morning to do it - but it could make some difference.

These days I have little faith in humanity, however, and think we'd best use the internet to its full potential before it's taken away in its current form, hold public meetings and try and activate our friends and families first in order to wake up those around us.

I suppose any effort is a good effort in all, but totally random posting of information will likely be scoffed at or ignored. 50 years ago it would probably have made a massive difference to the public conscience, but today people are almost willingly naive and ignorant when it comes to the big issues.

Ideas are bulletproof, so let's come up with the most effective ones and try and put them to work.

Reflecter
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quote]That said, I did once have the idea of burning loads of Loose Change Final Cuts/Endgames and sliding them into Metro newspapers on the busy Stagecoach buses that operate in Newcastle. If people are willing to pick up a fairly respectable newspaper and read it, then surely they will be interested in a 'free DVD' that comes with it. It would be quite hard to implement - one would have to get on the first bus of the morning to do it - but it could make some difference. [/quote]

It is a nice idea.

I have tried it though, with certainly a 100+ discs on buses in the Stockport and Manchester University routes. All the discs were labelled with websites and some with contact numbers and pretty professional looking. I have yet to hear from anyone or ever see a new poster on related forums make an entrance with "Hi all, had my mind blown by an awesome DVD someone had (left in the paper/on bus/pub table/meeting hall/dished out in the street, I bought off a big issue man etc, etc) that led me here!....", so for me at least it seems it doesn't work. I also agree that the blanket posting wouldn't really work, as its just more junk mail.

I tend to think most people get involved following suspicions of their being more to news issues and via online videos and accidental browsing. If the time is right for an individual they seem to get onboard but until then you can debate people blue in the face and show them all sorts and they wont be in any hurry to alter their priorities in life. I think most people probably struggle to get even (or perhaps especially) family interested but I agree that those closest is the first hurdle, gradually expanding to the local community. Public meetings seem the most efficient method going but the work involved to get a decent public awareness of the meeting is surely huge for any group, so hats off to the many who have had success this way.

Stefan
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giving out DVDs is a great way of spreading information IMHO.

But 9/11 Mysteries is not, also in IMHO - far too loose on its facts.

Loose Change Final Cut may be dry but it is factually superior, I would lean towards packaging it as the "info" film on a disc with a more inspiring number like "Truth Rising" or "Press for Truth" or both if you can fit them on a disc.

But everyone has to make their own decisions as to what they campaign with, and good luck with it!

Peace and Truth
Reflecter
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LCFC is indeed a better film than the prior two and mysteries is a little loose. Truth Rising I am about to check out along with the Press for Truth sequel. The first being pretty strong and which did ellicit a few good responses from people I have given it to and have see the reaction of.

I apologise for being generally negative about DVD materials or in general, as I agree they should work. It's just that whilst I continue to produce and distribute them, I have seen very little evidence of how well they should work personally.

Good luck to any campaigning just dont imagine there is likely to be a huge response to whatever efforts or some magic method that will work. Online movies may draw massive attention but they dont seem too in public ownership. Its all happening online at present imhho.

Desmond
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a nice idea but it has one fatal flaw, it's unsolicited mail. You could hand them out on the streets but as soon as you start forcing them through people's letter boxes you cross a line.
Lee
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go into whsmiths. Make your way to the vast magazine and newspaper section. Start reading a newspaper. Then, slip a dvd into and put it back. Then pick up a magazine. Do the same. Keep doing it til you run out of dvds.

Don't put the films title on them. Just put "free dvd" on the disc and packaging.

If you put 9/11 mysteries on it or 9/11 - whatever it turns people off immediately.

If you put 'free dvd' on them people think it's free with whatever publication they're buying and will give it a chance.
pyrah
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was given a DVD back in 2003. Now I'm dedicated to the movement.

Never underestimate the effect of actions, no matter how small.

simplesimon
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desmond wrote:
Quote:
It's a nice idea but it has one fatal flaw, it's unsolicited mail. You could hand them out on the streets but as soon as you start forcing them through people's letter boxes you cross a line.

Unless you think it would alienate people, then what line, and er, so what?

Lee wrote
Quote:
Go into whsmiths. Make your way to the vast magazine and newspaper section. Start reading a newspaper. Then, slip a dvd into and put it back. Then pick up a magazine. Do the same. Keep doing it til you run out of dvds.

Ballsy, but don't you think you'd be busted in about 1 minute (unless it's very busy). And once busted highly likely the staff will do their best to remove all of them.

I'm just thinking aloud here, but I think one of the best times to distribute DVDs might be:

On the street, in the pub or on the bus etc...
When you approach total strangers.
And ask them "London Bombs - inside job - whadd'ya think?"

What's more, I think it might be smart to ask for a small payment (to be re-invested in more copies, natch).

Let me explain:

I've probably done this over a thousand times since 7/7 (approach strangers on the street, in the pub, in queues, on the bus etc). Didn't have any DVDs.

Since and including the day itself, when I reckon I did this nearly 100 times, the response has been fairly consistent.

Around 70-75% dismiss it out of hand (or think I'm a loony and walk away, despite my friendly and open appproach).

Around 15-20% seem open to the idea - appear to consider it, or appear discomfited by the idea (rather than me!) while prepared to have some sort of discussion, which indicates they could be persuaded. Of the 150-200 people in this category, I can't say I've persuaded more than 3 or 4 on the occasion, but I'm sure most of them will have thought about it for a while, and hopefully done some research, as I encourage them to do.

Around 5% or slightly more say either "yeah, I reckon so" or "yeah I know that". A couple of times I've had "yeah everyone knows that" (if only!).
With these people I immediately move on to the banking scam, and / or world government-tyranny.

Anyway - I'm kind of burned out doing it these days. A thousand times is a conservative estimate. But I'll think about carrying a few DVD's in the future to give out to the waverers (middle group above).

The idea of asking for a small payment (say 50p) is that having invested something - anything - they may be more inclined to watch it through and give it proper attention.

Just an idea - what do others think?

Reflecter
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee wrote:

Quote:
If you put 'free dvd' on them people think it's free with whatever publication they're buying and will give it a chance.

As long as it looks like a professional 'free dvd', such as a printed disc in a printed cardboard mailer, then you maybe right. I'd tend to think people would be dubious of it otherwise and certainly wouldn't put it their PC's.

pyrah wrote:

Quote:
I was given a DVD back in 2003. Now I'm dedicated to the movement.

Never underestimate the effect of actions, no matter how small.

Glad to hear that, it's encouraging but you remain the first person I've heard that from. Anyone else outthere with a similar peeked interest?

simplesimon wrote:

Quote:
Anyway - I'm kind of burned out doing it these days. A thousand times is a conservative estimate. But I'll think about carrying a few DVD's in the future to give out to the waverers (middle group above).

The idea of asking for a small payment (say 50p) is that having invested something - anything - they may be more inclined to watch it through and give it proper attention.

Nice to hear of your experiences and I'd agree on your rough stats. I'm also kinda burned out too. The charging idea is something Ian R Crane recommends and its certainly a likely incentive to guarantee people watch them, the problem is its soliciting cash off people you are accosting in the street, who if they find the mere idea of 9/11 investigation insulting, they get the impression you are profiteering from death and misery. Even if you are just covering your costs. Its far easier to shift lots of copies in the street, simply shouting 'Free DVD's / 9/11 movies / documentaries' to streams of passers by. They snap them up, some engage in conversation but rarely do you hear back or hear from them like pyrah. It's a funny old game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: