FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Impeachment on the Floor of Congress, Arrest the criminal.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Disco_Destroyer
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Impeachment on the Floor of Congress, Arrest the criminal. Reply with quote

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=815328 58&blogID=404302912&Mytoken=B651EF49-8BFB-46D7-B4379CDA586158381356505 20

just saw this in my email and had to share!!!! Check it!
www. impeachBUSH. org

--- On Mon, 6/9/08, Congressman Robert Wexler .. wrote:

Subject: Breaking Impeachment News: MCCLELLAN TO TESTIFY
Date: Monday, June 9, 2008, 2:33 PM

Dear Michelle,

Our campaign for accountability for the Bush administration is making legitimate progress.

I am pleased to announce to you that the House Judiciary Committee has met my public call for Scott McClellan's immediate testimony with action:

Today, Judiciary Committee Chairman John Conyers officially invited Mr. McClellan to testify under oath on Friday, June 20th at 10AM.

After all of our hard work pushing for impeachment hearings for Vice President Cheney – the McClellan hearing provides our cause with a legitimate opportunity to showcase the crimes and violations of this Administration for the American people, the mainstream media, reluctant members of the Democratic party, and sensible Republicans. This hearing provides us our first genuine opportunity to enter the public consciousness and change the dynamics that have prevented true accountability for Bush and Cheney.

Mr. McClellan was a major figure in the Valerie Plame/CIA scandal, as well as a leading propagandist for the Bush White House's deliberate attempts to hide the true costs of this war from the American public. As such, Mr.

McClellan will testify under oath (and be subject to perjury charges should he lie) and be asked about the following matters:

1.What role did President Bush, Vice President Cheney , and key administration officials take in the effort to reveal the identity of covert CIA agent Valeria Plame Wilson – thus destroying her network and putting lives in jeopardy?
2. What role did President Bush, Vice President Cheney, and key administration officials take regarding the firing of U.S.
Attorneys or political reasons?
3. What role did President Bush, Vice President Cheney, key administration officials take in conspiring to blatantly break U.S.
and International laws prohibiting the use of torture?

I call on Mr. McClellen to immediately accept this invitation and testify under oath as he previously agreed to while being interviewed on national television.

During the hearing I will have roughly five short minutes to question Mr. McClellan and undercover the illegalities committed by this Administration – which is why it is critically important that every representative on the Judiciary Committee hears your voice. Please let them know that you demand answers to these questions.

Nor should it stop there: Karl Rove has thumbed his nose to the Judiciary Committee's subpoena – joining Harriet Miers, Joshua Bolten and Vice President Cheney's Chief of Staff David Addington as the only Administration officials in history to claim Congress has no power to even bring them before a committee to be questioned.

I have called for Karl Rove to be held in inherent contempt and for the other renegade officials to appear as required by their subpoenas, or be forced to do so by the House Sergeant of Arms.

What the Judiciary's request of McClellan proves is that if we stay vigilant – if we call loudly and repeatedly for accountability - that we become very difficult to ignore.

Please stay tuned. I hope for more developments soon.

With great respect,

Congressman Robert Wexler

CONTRIBUTE

Paid for by "Wexler for Congress"

PO Box 810669
Boca Raton, FL 33481

Forward this message to a friend
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, click here
Powered by NGP Software, Inc.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=466121 40&blogID=404259711&Mytoken=B651EF49-8BFB-46D7-B4379CDA586158381356505 20
http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/64479

Congressman Dennis Kucinich is on the floor of the House of Representatives right now introducing 35 articles of impeachment against President George W. Bush.

Yes, 35. He'll be reading for a while.

Watch C-Span Now!

If you don't have cable, go to a bar and tell them to put it on C-Span 1!

Or watch at the Video/Audio tab at

http://c-span.org

Take your laptop outside and turn the volume up!

More details coming later tonight!

Action in the House coming later this week!

Good websites to watch for updates and actions:

http://kucinich.us

http://democrats.com

http://afterdowningstreet.org

Let Justice roll down like waters in a mighty stream . . .

There's going to be at least one article of impeachment that interests you and perhaps even mentions you. Watch for updates.

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

www.myspace.com/disco_destroyer

Last edited by Disco_Destroyer on Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
blackcat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Kucinich_presents_Bush_impeachment_artic les_0609.html

Videos at above link showing Kucinich reading his impeachment articles to Congress. today.

ps It might be helpful to alter the title of this thread to something more appropriate imho.

"The conflict between corporations and activists is that of narcolepsy versus remembrance. The corporations have money, power and influence. Our sole influence is public outrage. Extract from "Cloud Atlas (page 125) by David Mitchell.
outsider

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Impeachment 'Not off the Table..' Reply with quote

Kucinich plugging gamely on:

http://www.truthout.org/article/kucinich-impeachment-not-off-table

' "Speaker Pelosi will continue to lead legislative efforts to find a new direction in Iraq but believes that impeachment would create a divisive battle, be a distraction from Congress' efforts to chart a new course for America's working families and would ultimately fail," Nadeam Elshami, spokesman for Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi, said in a statement.

Not too dissimilar to Stop the War's 'lame pretext' for not looking into 9/11. Are they singing from the same Mossad hymn sheet???

ashgarth
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/159971-Call-for-Action-Do-It-Yoursel f-Impeachment-
Impeach for Peace met with Rep. Dennis Kucinich in July of '07, and Kucinich then made the decision to enter the names of those who submit the Do-It-Yourself Impeachment into the congressional record! Last year, Impeach for Peace researched a method for impeaching the President or Vice President using a little known and rarely used part of the Rules of the House of Representatives ("Jefferson's Manual"). This document actually empowers individual citizens to initiate the impeachment process themselves.

Assist Kucinich in his effort to Impeach Bush. "Jefferson's Manual" is an interpretive guide to parliamentary procedure, and is included (along with the Constitution) in the bound volumes of the Rules of the House of Representatives. It is ratified by each congress (including the current one), and has been updated continuously through the history of our democracy. The section covering impeachment lists the acceptable vehicles for bringing impeachment motions to the floor of the House.

Before the House Judiciary Committee can put together the Articles of Impeachment, someone must initiate the impeachment procedure. Most often, this occurs when members of the House pass a resolution. Another method outlined in the manual, however, is for individual citizens to submit a memorial for impeachment.

After learning this information, Minnesotan and Impeach for Peace member (Jodin Morey) found precedent in an 1826 memorial by Luke Edward Lawless which had been successful in initiating the impeachment of Federal Judge James H. Peck. Impeach for Peace then used this as a template for their "Do-It-Yourself Impeachment." Now any citizen can download the DIY Impeachment Memorial and submit it, making it possible for Americans to do what our representatives have been unwilling to do. The idea is for so many people to submit the Memorial that it cannot be ignored.

Download, fill in your relevant information in the blanks (name, State, notary is optional), and send in a letter today. We're sending this wave in to House Rep. Dennis Kucinich who has recently spoken in favor of impeachment. There's also extra credit for sending a DIY Impeachment to your own representative as well as representatives recommended by Keith Ellison of the House Judiciary.

One of the copies will come to Impeach for Peace's home office and we'll hand deliver them to a House Rep. with cameras rolling.

That's right - to make a big impact, when we get enough, we'll deliver them all on the same date (In previous waves, we've had over 500,000 download of the document representing over 1.7 million mailings). We hope to flood the congress with sacks of mail and cause a newsworthy event to further pressure them to act on the memorials. Although, it's important to keep in mind that in the 1830 precedent, impeachment resulted as a result of a single memorial. Yours might be the one.

Visit Impeach For Peace and take this action today! Tell your friends... What do you have to lose?

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

Reader Comments
outsider

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest on impeachment:

http://www.opednews.com/articles/Michael-Collins---Bush-Acc-by-Michael -Collins-080725-613.html

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: