FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Psychology of WTC7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBC5.tv
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:48 am    Post subject: The Psychology of WTC7 Reply with quote

Link

Enjoy.

Cheers,

BBC5.tv

Last edited by BBC5.tv on Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
scubadiver
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite a pursuasive short piece.

It is spelt 'Psychology' by the way.

IanFantom
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A highly relevant piece in understanding our current challenge. Do we have any knowledgeable people on such psychological experimentation?

My own guestimate was that 80-85% of the population were sheeple, so in a way, that's good news.

I used that as a guideline when defending myself at an AGM against a Management Committee that was lying to the membership in order to get me voted off. My target was 10% of the vote, I got 17%, even though it was clear to all that had I been elected I wouldn't have been able to get anything done on the committee (I was a candidate only because of intimidation not to be).

I reckoned that if I could get through to the majority of the goats, then the sheep wouldn't matter too much; I would win through in the end.

On the other hand, a membership association is a bit different from the population as a whole. One would expect a much higher level of people who think for themselves. The Esperanto movement in Britain when I joined in 1962 was very similar to the present truth movement with respect to the types of people in it. However, the goats (in Britain) had constantly been having bad experiences and had been leaving over the past ten to twenty years. That would skew the statistics back towards the sheep.

I was amazed at the extent to which the psychology revealed in this video was evident at that AGM in 2006. I had decided to go into reactive mode, and not to attempt to present any new material other than that necessary to defend myself. The one exception I made to that was just to describe, in one sentence, the fall in membership figures. I said that they had been roughly stable for ten years, then in 1992 they had started to fall in roughly a straight line. A previous secretary who himself had been trying to draw attention to the membership fall in 1999 reacted by saying "No it didn't". I had facts and figures and had just spent a year researching the issue. That guy was clearly in denial.

All the Management Committee had to do was to keep repeating the myth that the membership of all membership associations is falling, and those who wanted to discuss the issue and what to do about it were just blocked.

To overcome this, I think one has to (1) focus attention onto the issue and (2) change the context.

In my case, the Management Committee focused attention on the issue over a period of two years, resulting in a membership which now knows that it doesn't understand what is going on. The campaign stopped when they made a blunder and I could quote their former solicitor to them at the 2008 AGM.

To change the context, just look at parallel situations, especially ones which are acknowledged by respectable people. In my case, I could quote interventions in political parties, and I could compare the Wilson affair with a similar affair at about the same time in London concerning the president of the Universal Esperanto Association.

If there were interventions there, then why should Esperanto be an exception? It's all about an English-only New World Order. Suddenly it's making sense to a lot of people, and I find I still have friends, and all sorts of people are now thanking me.

I think the 9/11 Truth Campaign has been successful in focusing attention onto the issue. The BBC has been marvelous in this respect Wink

In changing the context and presenting respectable people, the film ZERO does a marvelous job, especially if we say that it's created a stir in the European Parliament.

If any of the 3757 people registered with this site are knowledgeable in this area, I would be interested in finding out more on the psychology side.
scubadiver
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IanFantom wrote:
A highly relevant piece in understanding our current challenge. Do we have any knowledgeable people on such psychological experimentation?

Smile

I have a degree in psychology and statistics...

BBC5.tv
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spelling mistake amended, cheers.

Finishing videos in the middle of the night can sometimes leave you open to obvious mistakes, d'oh!

Cheers,

scott.
acrobat74
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job with the clip, well done (there's a typo in the clip at 08:02 by the way).

The Asch and Milgram experiments are classics.

The Asch experiment is shocking because it deals with an objective, physical, indisputable truth (the length of a line).

In the Milgram experiment, folks are too willing to ditch their individual responsibility in front of...a white uniform.

From an evolutionary perspective, what made sense in the wild savvanahs of Africa 10,000 years ago is not relevant in the 21st century.

The species needs to evolve beyond these paradigms before it's too late. Let's stop giving the elitist psychos levers of control.

We'll kick the darkness till it bleeds daylight.

www.moneyasdebt.net
http://www.positivemoney.org.uk/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: