FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alleged 9/11 mastermind says he would welcome death sentence

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gareth
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Alleged 9/11 mastermind says he would welcome death sentence Reply with quote

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/jun/05/alqaida.guantanamo

Quote:

Allegra Stratton
Thursday June 5 2008

9/11 trial: alleged mastermind says he would welcome death sentence

The alleged mastermind of the September 11 terrorist attacks has disposed of the US military lawyer allocated to defend him and told a Guantánamo tribunal that he would welcome being put to death.

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and four alleged al-Qaida co-conspirators faced a US military judge for the first time today.

Appearing at the military court, Pakistani-born Mohammed, the highest-ranking al-Qaida operative in US custody, sang a chant of praise to Allah and said he would welcome the death penalty.

"Yes, this is what I wish, to be a martyr for a long time," Mohammed told the military judge, Marine Colonel Ralph Kohlmann, when he warned the defendant that he faces execution if convicted for organising the attacks on America. "I will, God willing, have this, by you," said Mohammed.

As the judge tried to question him about whether he was satisfied with the US military lawyer appointed to defend him, Mohammed stood and began to sing in Arabic, cheerfully pausing to translate his own words into English.

"My shield is Allah most high," he said, adding that his religion forbade him from accepting a lawyer from America and that he wanted to act as his own attorney.

He criticised the United States for fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq, waging what he called "a crusader war" and enacting illegal laws including those authorising same-sex marriages.

The judge tried to persuade Mohammed to accept the lawyer, telling him: "It's a bad idea for you to represent yourself."

Mohammed wore his grey beard long and bushy and had big, black military-issue glasses on. Otherwise his appearance – in a white tunic and turban - was quite neat, in stark contrast to the saggy white undershirt he wore in photographs taken after his capture during a raid in Pakistan in March 2003.

Mohammed and his co-defendants, Ali Abdul Aziz Ali, Ramzi Binalshibh, Mustafa Ahmed al-Hawsawi and Walid bin Attash, are charged with committing terrorism and conspiring with al-Qaida to murder civilians on September 11.

They also face 2,973 counts of murder, one for each person killed in 2001 when hijacked passenger planes crashed into the World Trade Centre, the Pentagon and a Pennsylvania field.

According to US military transcripts, Mohammed told a military review panel last year that he approached the al-Qaida leader, Osama bin Laden, with the proposal to hijack planes and crash them into landmark US buildings, then oversaw the execution of the plan "from A to Z".

But Mohammed cast doubt on that transcript in today's hearing. "They mistranslated my words and put many words in my mouth," he said in English.

The other defendants are accused of helping to choose, train and fund the 19 hijackers and assisting with their flight school enrolment and travel to the United States.

Their lawyers are expected to waive a formal reading of the charges and defer entering a plea until they have had more time to prepare.

Prosecutors want to start the trial on September 15, a date the defence says was chosen to influence the US presidential election in November.

All five suspects, who could be executed if convicted, were transferred to Guantánamo in September 2006 after spending about three years in secret CIA prisons.

The CIA has acknowledged that Mohammed was subjected to "waterboarding", which is condemned as torture by human rights organisations.

Defence lawyers said they would challenge any attempt to introduce evidence tainted by abuse.

Wokeman
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find this rewarding. It does confirm to me what a farce this whole so-called "war on terror" has become. How this pathetic bunch of patsies were able to suspend DC air defences and the missile defence system situated around the Pentagon after warnings had been issued, is beyond me. Well, actually, no it's not. There were no arab terrorists, but these patsies on trial, or whatever name they have for banging innocent folks up for doing nothing when they needed an excuse to do so, are going to pay for it. Remember (the Birmingham Six, and the Guildford Four and others!, perhaps not.) Well, I do, and apologists at the time insisted that if these quite innocent Irish defendants in the Dock at the Old Bailey were not guilty of the pub bombings, well, they were guilty of something (unspecified) else. That was the prevailing atmosphere we had then, and that is the atmosphere we have now.
spiv
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject: Confessions under torture.. Reply with quote

"All five suspects, who could be executed if convicted, were transferred to Guantánamo in September 2006 after spending about three years in secret CIA prisons.

The CIA has acknowledged that Mohammed was subjected to "waterboarding", which is condemned as torture by human rights organisations
."

After three years of torture in the hands of the CIA, 18 months of hell in the hands of the American military in Guantánamo, I feel quite sure that anyone, even the most mentally tough, would be singing like a canary about anything the murdering Bush administration wanted them to sing about.

The final sting in the tail is that these patsies are not even being tried in a properly convened court of law with proper open procedures of due process. They are being tried in a "Military Tribunal", a kangaroo court, to give the compliant media a source for their continuing propaganda and fairy tales, and an excuse for them to not question what really happened on 9/11. I can almost hear them say "Well, these guys have told us they did it, why bother looking to see if these confessions seem genuine?".

Whatever happened to legal due process, transparency, assumed innocence until proven guilty, proper production of evidence to defence lawyers, human rights and so forth? Why are lawyers, judges, legislators and law enforcement officers around the World not outraged that their profession has been so seriously compromised. How come this has happened in just seven short years?

Yet most of the populace don't even lift a questioning eyelid when they see this legal affront reported on their TVs or in their newspapers! Why does no-one question why the US Government is unwilling to try these men in a crimial court? Is Bush & Co afraid that this charade will be seen for what it is? If these are true confessions, what has the Government got to hide?

I see little differences these days between the Gestapo of 65 years ago, and the US Government and CIA today, other than the dates and places. Rendition is kidnapping, waterboarding is torture, law is law, human rights are human rights, wherever in the World one is!!

My hope is that one day the real terrorists and war criminals in this World, and here I include Bush, Cheney, Blair, Rumsfeld et al, are tried in a proper international court of law, and given full legal rights and a properly constituted trial. After all, if they have nothing to hide, then they should have nothing to fear.
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Confessions under torture.. Reply with quote

I couldn't put it better Spiv

The real story is these nameless criminals have driven this poor fellah to despair

classic scapegoating

spiv wrote:

After three years of torture in the hands of the CIA, 18 months of hell in the hands of the American military in Guantánamo, I feel quite sure that anyone, even the most mentally tough, would be singing like a canary about anything the murdering Bush administration wanted them to sing about.

The final sting in the tail is that these patsies are not even being tried in a properly convened court of law with proper open procedures of due process. They are being tried in a "Military Tribunal", a kangaroo court, to give the compliant media a source for their continuing propaganda and fairy tales, and an excuse for them to not question what really happened on 9/11. I can almost hear them say "Well, these guys have told us they did it, why bother looking to see if these confessions seem genuine?".

Whatever happened to legal due process, transparency, assumed innocence until proven guilty, proper production of evidence to defence lawyers, human rights and so forth? Why are lawyers, judges, legislators and law enforcement officers around the World not outraged that their profession has been so seriously compromised. How come this has happened in just seven short years?

Yet most of the populace don't even lift a questioning eyelid when they see this legal affront reported on their TVs or in their newspapers! Why does no-one question why the US Government is unwilling to try these men in a crimial court? Is Bush & Co afraid that this charade will be seen for what it is? If these are true confessions, what has the Government got to hide?

I see little differences these days between the Gestapo of 65 years ago, and the US Government and CIA today, other than the dates and places. Rendition is kidnapping, waterboarding is torture, law is law, human rights are human rights, wherever in the World one is!!

My hope is that one day the real terrorists and war criminals in this World, and here I include Bush, Cheney, Blair, Rumsfeld et al, are tried in a proper international court of law, and given full legal rights and a properly constituted trial. After all, if they have nothing to hide, then they should have nothing to fear.

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
spiv
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Someone else agrees... Reply with quote

Excellent article here, seems someone else agrees with our sentiments:

http://onlinejournal.com/artman/publish/article_3344.shtml
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not so much that KSM is as innocent as the driven snow. Although obviously now he has been tortured a fair trial will be nigh impossible.

There is no comparison between KSM with his apparent long history of terrorist associations and the wholly innocent Birmingham 6 et al

http://www.cooperativeresearch.org/ search for KSM

The real questions surrounding KSM is who was he working for

Bin Laden
the ISI
the CIA and / or FBI
or all of the above

and what was his role in the Daniel Pearl kidnapping and execution and on whose orders was he operating.

And leading on from this, given his long established connections with incidents such as Project Bojinka and the 93 WTC bombing, how could the intelligence agencies 'fail' so spectacularly. For example after Project Bojinka how can anyone within US intelligence say that multiple plane hijackings were not anticipated and not keep a very close eye on KSM. Not that this kangaroo court will ask such questions
acrobat74

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The issue here is about due legal process, not about the defendant.

It's quite sickening to read phrases like 'the trial in Guantanamo' in the mainstream media, like this is some ordinary court that just happens to be there.

The lack of upheaval about the debasement of the legal process can only lead to one conclusion: (some) people are warming up to fascism.

www.moneyasdebt.net
http://www.positivemoney.org.uk/
outsider

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ian neal wrote:
It is not so much that KSM is as innocent as the driven snow. Although obviously now he has been tortured a fair trial will be nigh impossible.

There is no comparison between KSM with his apparent long history of terrorist associations and the wholly innocent Birmingham 6 et al

http://www.cooperativeresearch.org/ search for KSM

The real questions surrounding KSM is who was he working for

Bin Laden
the ISI
the CIA and / or FBI
or all of the above

and what was his role in the Daniel Pearl kidnapping and execution and on whose orders was he operating.

And leading on from this, given his long established connections with incidents such as Project Bojinka and the 93 WTC bombing, how could the intelligence agencies 'fail' so spectacularly. For example after Project Bojinka how can anyone within US intelligence say that multiple plane hijackings were not anticipated and not keep a very close eye on KSM. Not that this kangaroo court will ask such questions

And before anyone attempts to answer those questions, they should watch the video 'Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime'!!!!!

blackbear
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe of interest:

Eldritch
Michelle Obama was roundly criticized for saying, "For the first time in my adult lifetime I am really proud of my country."

Of course, she was criticized for not being proud right along.

I'm not "proud" of my country at all—in fact, I'm ashamed of it. News stories like this one underscore just why.

jackridder
Quote:
Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, appearing in public for the first time since his capture in Pakistan in 2003, refused the help of lawyers to defend him.

He told the court he wanted the death sentence sought by the prosecution as he wished to become a martyr.

And then I want you to build me a monument that says, "Codename KSM, Acting Alone, Destroyed the Towers."

Yet another mission accomplished.

kurish
Even non-conspiracy theorists should find it heartbreaking that the biggest crime in generations is being "tried" in these bogus, extrajudicial kangaroo courts. I realize the USA has essentially been a fascist state for a very long time, perhaps always, but this still feels like turning a corner to me.

MacCruiskeen

I am guessing that the entire process is hermetically sealed off from everyone outside that room, including the 9/11 families, who are watching some edited version (on TV! at another military base!) I'm presuming there are no external checks and balances, however basic, and that there is no chance of getting such elementary questions even asked, never mind answered verifiably.

8bitagent
So let me get this straight, one of the reasons "KSM did 9/11" was to protest America's allowing of gay marriage?

Oh man...why is it that al Qaeda and the Bush regime have the same message almost?

Gays are evil
Iran needs to be attacked

...of course now al Qaeda says the biggest threat to the world is global warming(gee, I wonder where we've heard that before?) according to the newest Osama and Zawahri tapes.

Forgive me if I have little respect for conservatives or liberals who continue to believe the official 9/11 story, especially with Khalid Ron Jeremy Mohammed on trial.

This guy "KSM" seems more concerned with the artist' depiction of his nose(seriously!) than the fact we was a puppet of Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistani ISI according to Time Magazine("Why KSM's Confession Rings False", Time Magazine 2007)

Daniel Pearl discovered the TRUTH of who controls KSM, and sadly look what happened to him.

I'm so frustrated that only the so called "conspiracy theorists", who often get chided as "right winger gun nuts", seem to see past the bs of the 9/11 story.

5 of the men are on trial because they "provided material and financial support to 9/11"

SO THEN WHY ISNT PAKISTAN, SAUDI ARABIA OR DUBAI ON TRIAL?

Hell, they had to let the sixth defendent go the other week!

I hope this trial falls apart, and the dark truth of 9/11..whatever it is, spills out.

al Qaeda is a freaking joke, and they couldnt plot to blowup a lemonade stand without their ISI and globalist handlers.

Actor? Brainwash victim? This one even I will file under "you'll never know." They've learned a lot since Lee "I'm a patsie" Oswald.

Where are the greater suckers? Here, for believing this *? Or the real jihadis, for believing this *?

+++
Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, Timothy Mcveigh, Ramzi Yousef, Marinus VanDer Lubbe, James Earl Ray, Sirhan Sirhan, John Hinckley Jr, Lee Harvey Oswald, etc...

Where do the globalist elite find these idiot patsies?

JackRiddler wrote:

"Where are the greater suckers? Here, for believing this *? Or the real jihadis, for believing this *? "

Both the young brainwashed jihadist dupes who think "Osama is a hero and did 9/11", and the majority of the public who thinks some bearded guy from a cave did 9/11, I had to say are the idiots.

The losers, sadly are the thousands of Afghani civilians and Iraqi civilians whove been killed by the US government in the name of 9/11

EVEN according to the official story, not one person has been brought to justice for 9/11.

http://www.rigorousintuition.ca/board/viewtopic.php?t=18338
scienceplease
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re the trial on bbc news

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7439550.stm

Quote:

Human rights groups observing the proceedings predictably denounced them as a farce.

What is more surprising, is the condemnation coming from the men and women in American military uniform who have been given the task of defending the five men.

At a news conference at the end of a long day, one of them described the proceedings as "shameful".

What happened today, she said, tarnished the uniform. She added that it would not make the already difficult job of the judge any easier.

[/quote]
outsider

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could well be that Global Warming is the greatest threat to the world - when the baloon goes up, thermonuclear devices tend to be pretty hot!!
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll be looking back wistfully at global warming if the nuclear winter sets in.
www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
scienceplease
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evidence against the terrorists may be "Top Secret" not even the security cleared Defense attorneys can see it.

Quote:
"I cannot rebut evidence that I cannot see, and we can lose legal motions based upon evidence that is not available to defense attorneys with the highest levels of security clearance," Mizer said.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hZXxZ9jWlnYZ5G_1_W_-FG8F2vHwD91C13T 00
QuitTheirClogs

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sept 10, 2008: White House Press Secretary Dana Perino states that Osama bin Laden was not the mastermind behind 9/11.

Question: But Osama bin Laden is the one that -- you keep talking about his lieutenants, and, yes, they are very important, but Osama bin Laden was the mastermind of 9/11 --

Perino: No, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed was the mastermind of 9/11, and he’s sitting in jail right now.

Link

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/09/10/seventh-anniversary-white-house/

David Ray Griffin - 9/11: the Myth & the Reality
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-275577066688213413
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: