FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

9/11 Cultwatch Press Release

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulStott
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:56 am    Post subject: 9/11 Cultwatch Press Release Reply with quote

For your education and pleasure:

http://paulstott.typepad.com/911cultwatch/2008/09/911-cultwatch-p.html

TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever else I don't think you will ever be remembered as an educator Paul Wink

911 CultWatch wrote:

Resist 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

This month has seen a concerted push for respectability by the 9/11 ‘truth’ movement.

Around the seventh anniversary of the attacks in New York, some more ostensibly rational ‘truth’ activists such as Ian Henshall, Belinda McKenzie and Ian Neal, along with the ex-MI5 spy Annie Machon, are looking to hang out in press rooms and have attempted to buy major advertising space in at least one national newspaper.

Whilst cloaked in the language of opponents of US/UK foreign policy (among which we include ourselves) it should be understood that behind their charm offensive are the all too familiar shrill voices and oddballs who tell us 9/11 was carried out by the US government, Mossad, beam weapons, remote control planes, controlled demolition etc, etc

The ‘truth’ movement seeks to rebrand itself under the banner of ‘Reopen 9/11’ and ‘Make War History’ because people were repelled by the absurd arguments, cult like behaviour and rampant anti-semitism that characterised their previous incarnation – the UK and Ireland 9/11 Truth Movement.

Perhaps most worryingly of all the 9/11 truth movement has spawned mutant offspring, with theories looking to blame anyone but the actual perpetrators of subsequent terrorist outrages such as the 2004 Madrid bombings, the July 2005 London bombings and even the attack on Glasgow Airport. Any future bombings will no doubt be explained away in the same manner.
What price social cohesion if we cannot even recognise the challenge events like 7/7 pose to all our communities?

Encouragingly some former activists are beginning to see the danger of the 9/11 ‘truth’ movement. One such person, Mick Meaney, comments:

"In my experience, the truth movement provides a safe haven for anti-Semitism and is a breeding ground for ludicrous theories that only serve to divert attention away from the valid concerns about the War on Terror and the erosion of our civil liberties."

"During my involvement with the truth movement I have seen first hand racism and prejudice towards the Jewish people. Influential members of the movement will often label those who oppose this fascism as “shills” or other government agents, making the problem almost impossible to combat as those in prominent positions refuse to acknowledge its disturbing presence."

"Attacks against those who refuse to share their conspiracy theories have become all too common as journalists, terrorist attack victims (and their families), politicians and members of the public have been subjected to harassment, insults and slurs. What could have once been a credible campaign for justice and freedom has festered into a shameful display of aggression, racism and ignorance."

Heidi Svenson, on behalf of 9/11 Cultwatch, London.

Notes to Editors

You can find out more about 9/11 Cultwatch at http://www.911cultwatch.org.uk/ or the related blog http://paulstott.typepad.com/911cultwatch/

Mick Meaney is editor of RINF Alternative News. See www.rinf.com

You can contact Dr Larry O’Hara and Paul Stott of 9/11 Cultwatch at nineelevencultwatch@uk2.net
Both men have been observing the truth movement, often at depressingly close quarters, for a number of years.

Posted at 08:49 AM in Press Releases

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
Stefan
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I love how everything they put out makes them sound like venomous fanatics! Harmless and amusing is how I'd sumamrise them.

Good for us they listed the cult watch website as well - as it reads as the ramblings of parnoid sctizophrenics.

These guys are so far from reality they have no conception of the fact that they appear as utter loons to the rest of the world.

Keep up the good work guys!

Very Happy

Peace and Truth
gruts
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
PRESS RELEASE

16 September 2008

To: All News Outlets

imagine the worldwide stampede of journalists shouting "hold the front page!" that must have greeted the release of this momentous epistle....

paul wright

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see Paul Stott is restored. I'm so pleased. I remarked a few days ago that he was an asset here. What I meant was that it's nice to have someone who produces brief readable pieces about the truth movement in his strange obsessional fashion (in this case Heidi's), and out of whom it's very easy to guiltlessly take the piss
He and his cohorts are well able to give back what they get
Bring 'em on. The news media have descended to new depths of extreme fear-mongering that is beginning to have a very real impact on the flow of events
A little humorous distraction is worth a lot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: