FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tommy Chong - Weed Monster For 9/11 Truth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A Sharp Major
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

Location: In the van with the blacked out windows, parked outside your home.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Tommy Chong - Weed Monster For 9/11 Truth Reply with quote

Some truthers are excited, others to be fair are less keen, about the declaration of celeb Tommy Chong (who?) that he's a truther.

http://www.911forum.org.uk/board/viewtopic.php?p=119376&highlight=chon g#119376

The accompanying photo of TC (or is that THC?) is old.

The world's oldest stoner is a little older (but unlikely to be wiser) now.

Still, never let the truth get in the way of a truther. I'm not surprised that truther potheads are excited. Drug free/drug lite truthers are wishing that their shoes were made of kevlar.

Nice one truthers (especially Disco_Destroyer). You really are inviting the ramping up of ridicule and turning people off. Charlie Sheen, Willie Nelson, Tommy Bong and the ugly one from the Corrs. Who needs evidence when you've got celebs? Maybe you could approach 'Hello' magazine for a spread of key truthers in their lovely basements.

http://www.screwloosechange.blogspot.com/
Micpsi
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ad hominems are the last resort of one who has lost the argument.
A Sharp Major
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

Location: In the van with the blacked out windows, parked outside your home.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Yeah yeah, so I keep hearing. Here are some alternative positions.

1. Tommy Chong isn't offering an argument. He's just climbed on a three wheeled bandwagon.

2. Y list celebrities are the last resort of campaigners with no case.

3. Minority issue campaigns are the last resort of has beens and never weres. Has (who the f ck is) Tommy Chong got a film coming out?

4. One week ago micpsi said

http://www.911forum.org.uk/board/viewtopic.php?t=15414

Quote:
Rhetoric and sarcasm are the last resort of those who have lost the argument.

So which is it?

Suppose Gary Glitter will go public with his musings and wisdom on 9/11 and its insidejobbiness. Will he be welcomed aboard or will he be ad hom'd by micpsi and the truthiness movement? His conviction is spent, his sexual tastes have nothing to do with position on 9/11. He wants to be in your gang.

http://www.screwloosechange.blogspot.com/
Micpsi
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Sharp Major wrote:
Quote:

Yeah yeah, so I keep hearing. Here are some alternative positions.

1. Tommy Chong isn't offering an argument. He's just climbed on a three wheeled bandwagon.

2. Y list celebrities are the last resort of campaigners with no case.

3. Minority issue campaigns are the last resort of has beens and never weres. Has (who the f ck is) Tommy Chong got a film coming out?

4. One week ago micpsi said

Quote:
Rhetoric and sarcasm are the last resort of those who have lost the argument.

So which is it?

Suppose Gary Glitter will go public with his musings and wisdom on 9/11 and its insidejobbiness. Will he be welcomed aboard or will he be ad hom'd by micpsi and the truthiness movement? His conviction is spent, his sexual tastes have nothing to do with position on 9/11. He wants to be in your gang.

Ad hominems are an expression of sarcasm. My two statements are therefore not mutually exclusive. Your sarcasm merely reinforces the point I was making.
Wibble
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Micpsi wrote:

Ad hominems are an expression of sarcasm. My two statements are therefore not mutually exclusive. Your sarcasm merely reinforces the point I was making.

Can you please stop point scoring and answer the questions for you here:

http://www.911forum.org.uk/board/viewtopic.php?t=15404

and

Thank you
Chris Walsh
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why concern yourself with a Y list celebrity? If such an insignificant person, in your eyes at least, poses a challenge to your worldview, then why bother to even mention it?

And why does marijuana have anything to do with it? Some of the most perceptive people I have come across smoke weed. I guess you're also too lazy to find out the truth about why weed is illegal. It's the drug of choice for millions worldwide, can't be taxed and has many, many practical and medicinal qualities. But I guess it's dangerous, isn't it? I mean, it kills so many people and all and doesn't contribute anything to the world. Just listen to your loving government and keep drinking alcohol and take them other taxable drugs and Big Pharma meds.

I know for a fact that the world would be a far better place if marijuana were to replace alcohol as the socially acceptable drug. Instead we live in a country riddled with alcohol abusers and the cheaper it gets, the more they drink.

I wonder how many pot smokers DON'T think 9/11 was an inside job...

Now there's your next task, A Sharp Minor. Surely they're not all as kooky as you're making out Tommy Chong to be.

truthseeker john
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Sharp Minor? Rolling Eyes
fish5133
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Walsh wrote

Quote:
But I guess it's dangerous, isn't it? I mean, it kills so many people and all and doesn't contribute anything to the world.

Weed is a gateway drug that opens the interest in other drugs (all be it experimentally) When youve watched your own son get into weed and spiral down hill having to steal to buy it and then get into other drugs just to chase the "buzz" then your opinions about the harmless affects of weed tend to be slightly biased.
Thankfully now he has been saved from it all.

Lee
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alcohol is the gateway drug. It's the gateway into drugs.

You know, the legal one, available everywhere and advertised relentlessly on your tv, the one that does absolutely nothing for anyone other than cause ritualistic mass-herding in every city centre, nationwide, every single weekend. The busiest time of the week for A&E...

The one that your childrens idols, so called 'celebrities', advertise for vast sums of money. The one that causes more deaths each year than all the other drugs combined.

The one made to look very much like that other liquid-addiction that children leave behind for alcohol. AlcoPOPs...

The one that goes hand in hand with that other pointless legal drug...tobacco...

Numbers of deaths where selected substances were mentioned on the death certificate in England and Wales, 2005 Drug Deaths...

Heroin and morphine 842
Methadone 220
Cocaine (including crack) 176
All amphetamines 103
(of which MDMA/ecstasy) 58
Cannabis 19
All antidepressants 401
Alcohol 6,627
Tobacco 86,500

Wow, see how cannabis is the lowest killer of them all...

It's funny how, whenever I've been physically threatened on a night out it's always by....a drunk.

http://www.911forum.org.uk/board/viewtopic.php?t=15790
gruts
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish5133 wrote:
Weed is a gateway drug that opens the interest in other drugs (all be it experimentally) When youve watched your own son get into weed and spiral down hill having to steal to buy it and then get into other drugs just to chase the "buzz" then your opinions about the harmless affects of weed tend to be slightly biased.
Thankfully now he has been saved from it all.

the main problem there is the fact that it's illegal - therefore by necessity you have to buy it from the same guy who's selling other illegal drugs. nevertheless, for most people who use marijuana it is not a gateway drug.

Myths and Facts About Marijuana: http://www.drugpolicy.org/marijuana/factsmyths/

Quote:
Myth: Marijuana is a Gateway Drug. Even if marijuana itself causes minimal harm, it is a dangerous substance because it leads to the use of "harder drugs" like heroin, LSD, and cocaine.

Fact: Marijuana does not cause people to use hard drugs. What the gateway theory presents as a causal explanation is a statistic association between common and uncommon drugs, an association that changes over time as different drugs increase and decrease in prevalence. Marijuana is the most popular illegal drug in the United States today. Therefore, people who have used less popular drugs such as heroin, cocaine, and LSD, are likely to have also used marijuana. Most marijuana users never use any other illegal drug. Indeed, for the large majority of people, marijuana is a terminus rather than a gateway drug.

* Morral, Andrew R.; McCaffrey, Daniel F. and Susan M. Paddock. “Reassessing the marijuana gateway effect.” Addiction 97.12 (2002): 1493-504.

* United States. National Household Survey on Drug Abuse: Population Estimates 1994. Rockville, MD: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 1995.

* National Household Survey on Drug Abuse: Main Findings 1994. Rockville, MD: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 1996.

* D.B. Kandel and M. Davies, “Progression to Regular Marijuana Involvement: Phenomenology and Risk Factors for Near-Daily Use,” Vulnerability to Drug Abuse, Eds. M. Glantz and R. Pickens. Washington, D.C.: American Psychological Association, 1992: 211-253.

marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Heroin and morphine 842
Methadone 220
Cocaine (including crack) 176
All amphetamines 103
(of which MDMA/ecstasy) 58
Cannabis 19
All antidepressants 401
Alcohol 6,627
Tobacco 86,500

Wow, see how cannabis is the lowest killer of them all...

It's funny how, whenever I've been physically threatened on a night out it's always by....a drunk.

the death figures on their own are misleading. its nothing more than using statistics to suit your view on cannabis. i agree tobacco and alcolol are even worse than some drugs, and just as destructive, but you would need to know how many use each drug inorder to say which is the worse.

alcohol and tobacco are both legal, and both have the most amount of users, therefore the death rate would be expected to be higher on that one fact alone.

just as more people die in car accidents than a helicopter crash. if everyone flew helicopters instead of driving cars i'm sure the stats would turn on their head.
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Cannabis 19...............

Tobacco 86,500

another thing i thought about later, how many people smoke raw cannabis on its own? most people use tobacco.

so how many tobacco deaths were cannabis users? or how many cannabis deaths were using tobacco?
chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky 54 wrote:
Quote:

Cannabis 19...............

Tobacco 86,500

another thing i thought about later, how many people smoke raw cannabis on its own? most people use tobacco.

so how many tobacco deaths were cannabis users? or how many cannabis deaths were using tobacco?

I'm slightly interested in how someone would die 'due to cannabis'.

Some sort of (pre-existing) respiratory problem?
Forgetting to exhale?
Obesity?
Road Traffic Accident on the way to the late night shop?
Overly calm when your house is burning down?
What??

It's them or us.
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm slightly interested in how someone would die 'due to cannabis'.

Some sort of (pre-existing) respiratory problem?
Forgetting to exhale?
Obesity?
Road Traffic Accident on the way to the late night shop?
Overly calm when your house is burning down?
What??

i have no idea, but somebody obviously makes the decision that it was cannabis or tobacco or what ever else, otherwise death satistics would'nt exsist.

but your right, how do you tell? that was my point. im pretty certain there must be people who have died due to their cannabis habit from tobacco related diseases. is he listed as a cannabis death? or tobacco?

is the road accident example you gave listed as a cannabis death(because the intake caused the accident)? or a car accident statistic (you don't have to be going fast to cause an accident)?

my point is the cannabis death statistics could be higher than people are aware. they did'nt die directly from the cannabis itself but it was the cause of the accident that killed them. if they had not took it they would still be alive because the accident would not of occured, because their senses would not of been slowed down, therefore their reaction time would be normal.

but i doubt they are listed as cannabis deaths, they will be listed as what ever inncident killed them, even though cannabis would of played a major part.
jesussdad
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
my point is the cannabis death statistics could be higher than people are aware. they did'nt die directly from the cannabis itself but it was the cause of the accident that killed them. if they had not took it they would still be alive because the accident would not of occured, because their senses would not of been slowed down, therefore their reaction time would be normal.

i can guarantee that if there were lots of accidents attributed to cannabis use, the police would be reporting it . and they do check. plus the media would have a field day.
i can tell you stoned drivers are common . its probably the guy who is obeying the speed limit.

Link

as for tommy chong who was locked up because his son sold tommy chong bongs in a clear entrapment ploy by the feds in which they threatened to imprison his son and wife unless he plead guilty to the charges. all ,coincidentally when chong was making great leaps for cannabis legalization.
now theres someone who knows first hand that uncle sam aint your buddy.

TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this their future? They can stick it!

Israeli company grows medical marijuana which doesn't get you high
http://www.gizmag.com/high-free-medicinal-marijuana/23207/

gr8 thread this btw Wink

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: