FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mark Thomas
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Mark Thomas Reply with quote

Mark Thomas has a new forum

Why not say hello?

http://www.markthomasinfo.com/
scar
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello Smile

Last edited by scar on Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
andyb
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually read a bit more. Is anyone else up for the lone demonsration next Monday. We can demonstrate for anything we like and can all take a look at different 9/11 areas(WT7, Pentagon, Flight 93 etc) I will be heading down to Charing Cross police station tonight form in hand. Join me. Didn't realise the three of us who walked with banners last time were breaking the law.

Also he generally does these things for camera so may even get some exposure on tv.

Quote:

Information on forth coming demonstrations under SOCPA. As you know part of the Serious Organised Crime and Police Act was introduced to evict Brian Haw (the peace campaigner) from Parliament Square. This means anyone wanting to demonstrate in the designated area around Parliament Sq has to apply to the police and get permission. I have been organising with folk to run a demo a week and getting permission with each one, so far we have had:1) a demo protesting the requirement to licence demonstrations 2)A defence of surrealism 3)A counter demo attacking surrealism 4) a demonstration on Hungerford Bridge , calling on the abolition of footbridges 5)A support of the PKKs objectives of human and cultural rights for Kurds in Turkey. ACTION ONE There are a number of demos coming up one outside the Department of Trade and Industry (Victoria Street - nearest tube Westminster) on Monday 10th July- Demanding Malcolm Wicks (Energy Minister with control over the Export Control organisation - which licences arms sales) create a catch all clause for torture equipment. This is 12 Noon until 1.15pm. ACTION TWO As the law insists on licensing anyone for a demo- even if they are one person with a placard (lone demonstrations) I am organising a lone demonstration night- so anyone who wants to demonstrate about any issue can come along. Meet on the 17th July outside Charing Cross police station at 5.30pm. You have to fill in forms and hand them in to the police. There is a copy of the form on the site which you can print out but there will also be forms provided on the night. The demos will be on the 24th July and we should decide what time to have them on the 17th. This will mean if 25 of us turn up, then the police have to licence and approve 25 lone demonstrations. So come along and be as imaginative as you can. THERE WILL BE FURTHER ANNOUNCEMENTS ON THIS

Quote:

London - Mon, 24 July (12:00) - Parliament Square - Lone demonstration night

andyb
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here'e the application form for anyone who wants to get involved

Form 3175A.doc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Form 3175A.doc
 Filesize:  122.5 KB
 Downloaded:  210 Time(s)

DeFecToR
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know what Mark Thomas' views are on 911. I've been wondering...
kbo234
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, but his forum is not unlike Urban75......open your mouth about 9/11 and you will get buried under moronic and rabid abuse. At least that's what happened to Flamesong.
andyb
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flamesong did get quite insulting to be fair. I realise he was abused but rising to it only gives em more ammo imo.

I went to Charing Cross police station and have applied for a lone demonstration next Monday @ Parliament Sqaure between 17:30-18:30. If anyone is around I suggest you do the same although you will need to get the form in to your nearest police station by today. I have attached the form needed above.

I will be allowed a banner. any suggestions as to what I should include on it?

scar
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyb wrote:
Flamesong did get quite insulting to be fair. I realise he was abused but rising to it only gives em more ammo imo.

Whatever approach you take on there you will get insulted. Flamesong did his best and i dont blame him for leaving, i doubt i'll stick around there, waste of time, plenty of open minded people who dont know out there...
Its only words though init and i spose you could think of it as a challenge and yet the ones on there who are vehemently against even checking out 1 link will never change their minds...until its all come out.
I wonder what these 'people' will do when it does...
Implode?
Laughing

Last edited by scar on Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:15 am; edited 1 time in total
kookomula
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have some grace people, really. This false sense of superiority may contribute to our collective downfall. To call people morons, sheeple and brainwashed is so against what we are trying to do here. Surely the aim is to unite and engage. I'm not sure that this is really relevant but I did hear once that the PTB believe that the common man is stupid because once they have exhausted their limited vocabulary they resort to violence and once we become violent they've got us, "they know how to deal with that". We can win with words, there is a case to be heard. All we can do is speak what we believe to be true there should not be any need to engage in arguments with people we are on the same side even if they don't yet know it.
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serious_Organised_Crime_and_Police_Act_20 05
http://parliamentprotest.org.uk/

Andy B's one person protest suggestion is only relevent to the control of demonstrations within I think it is 1 km of Parliament

Kookomala

I haven't visited the forum, but agree that in general it is most effective to be endlessly gracious and polite to hostile posters regardless of the provocation.
kookomula
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Ian, sorry I edited my post and moved the response to AndyB to 'General' for some unknown reason. If you look there you will see that I was a little worried that authorisation may now be required to demonstrate anywhere in Central London. For now I am happy to demonstrate small scale 9-11 outside the exclusion zone, walking down Whitehall is like talking to a brick wall anyway, with the people is where we need to be.

Back to topic. Mark Thomas. I'll have a look.
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously I can't control how other people post but having read Mark Thomas' site 9/11 thread and just posted there, I feel stronger than ever that a calm, polite, respectful and informed, evidence based posting style is what is required.

A few critics will always try and provoke a more angry response. But not all of our critics are disrespectful. Where our critics resort to ad hominem attacks and fail to address the evidence, readers will be able to draw their own conclusions.
scar
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ian neal wrote:
Obviously I can't control how other people post but having read Mark Thomas' site 9/11 thread and just posted there, I feel stronger than ever that a calm, polite, respectful and informed, evidence based posting style is what is required.

A few critics will always try and provoke a more angry response. But not all of our critics are disrespectful. Where our critics resort to ad hominem attacks and fail to address the evidence, readers will be able to draw their own conclusions.

I agree entirely.

kookomula,
One could argue you just exhibited the same "false sense of superiority" as you dislike in the 'joke' i made.
Lets not patronise each other or get divisive over a few words...

Peace

ps: Im human1ty on there btw. My sole aim was to "unite and engage" and i was not entirely unsuccessful.
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Scar

So that readers don't get overwhelmed with the volume of material it may be helpful to select a smoking gun within a smoking gun to narrow in on this otherwise the discussion will be v scattergun and unfocussed and if 'we' are seen to 'bombard' this forum, it will cause resentment.

My suggestion is seeking an explanation to the hotspots of molten metal in the tower rubble but I'm open to alternatives
scar
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree about the need to avoid bombardment, not sure about gun within gun. Focus is a good idea though.
Noone replied to any links about building 7, whereas i noticed a quick snap judgement along the 'amazing bellows' line for why molten metal would be there weeks later...

I just replied quickly to 'the leander' and i will probably leave it a while before i return as theres only so many hours in the day and many others who DO have an open mind out there whereas, sadly, the guys on that forum who disagree refuse to check a single link out. Possible dead-end 'fruitloop' alert.
They said that Mark doesnt even use the forums anyway so doubtful he will make a reply. Shame.
I hope he does.

hampton
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: mark Reply with quote

i read that people have spoken directly to mark about 911 conspiracy theories.

he seemed disinterested, tried to change to subject, said "we have a democracy unlike burma" & "he believed it was muslims what done it" and he didn't want any further info.
Jayhawk
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kookamula:
Quote:
Have some grace people, really. This false sense of superiority may contribute to our collective downfall. To call people morons, sheeple and brainwashed is so against what we are trying to do here. Surely the aim is to unite and engage. I'm not sure that this is really relevant but I did hear once that the PTB believe that the common man is stupid because once they have exhausted their limited vocabulary they resort to violence and once we become violent they've got us, "they know how to deal with that". We can win with words, there is a case to be heard. All we can do is speak what we believe to be true there should not be any need to engage in arguments with people we are on the same side even if they don't yet know it.

I couldnt agree more with this – I read some stuff in a No2ID leaflet about how to conduct an argument and how it is important to show that you respect the other person's point of view or they will not even engage with you. If you show them that you take them seriously as intelligent people they will then be prepared to listen to what you have to say. I admit there are those who simply abuse you whatever you say but returning the abuse gives them the victory as they have proved their point which is that we are narrow minded and blinkered and not prepared to see things from all angles. I think it's best to avoid those sort of forums as it's a waste of valuable time. I'm all for strong argument, but the aim is to drag it into name calling and that doesnt help anyone.
alwun
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: the 'No Argument Theory' Reply with quote

Hey Jayhawk,

I just received the same No2ID leaflet in the post. This brochure is highly recommended reading, containing as it does a thorough guide to getting a message across without alienating the 'target'.

cheers Al.
Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, a well thought-out and well funded campaign - isn't it?

Send them a message about 9/11 Truth and see how they react...

Ask the Tough Questions, Folks!
flamesong
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I admit I did get a bit riled! Unfortunately, having been a member of the previous Mark Thomas forum, I could read between the lines and did a bit of a Zinedine Zidane (not that I condemn Zidane!).

I just got Mark's new book, 'As Used on the Famous Nelson Mandela', for my birthday and am making steady progress through it. I get the feeling that Mark can only deal with surface stuff and unless we can produce a pile of invoices we aren't going to get a hearing.

There is a quote from his book which stopped me in my tracks and which I had to read over and over:

'Do you know what New Labour are? They are the aspartame of politics: sugar-free but the same old shít in every other respect...'

The but in the second sentence implies that being the aspartame of politics is contrary to being 'the same old shít in every other respect'.

Now, I know this is not a debate about Aspartame, nor do I wish to make it so, but having given Mark earache to his face about chewing Aspartame laced gum (almost all of it is) he seems to suggest that his grasp of Aspartame extends only as far as its lack of sugar. There is a parallel here with George Galloway who claimed on Radio 4 that Donald Rumsfeld took a large quantity of saccharine as a gift to Saddam Hussein during his visit to Iraq in 1983 - it was in fact Aspartame - Rumsfeld was then CEO of Serle.

These points may not be of any material importance in themselves but they illustrate in both cases a certain inability to see beneath the superficial and thereby an obtacle which will take some surmounting.
kbo234
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The impression these comments leave is that Mark Thomas only gets a TV show because he's a bit of an idiot.
flamesong
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kbo234 wrote:
The impression these comments leave is that Mark Thomas only gets a TV show because he's a bit of an idiot.

If you are referring to my comments, I regret that that is the impression they leave.

I have a great deal of respect for what Mark Thomas does, just as I have respect for the work that John Pilger and Robert Fisk do - but they do not seem to be able to see below the surface either - though I believe that John Pilger might be waiting for the right moment.

For a smarter (living) comedian, I'd point my finger at Rob Newman - http://www.robnewman.com who, if he hasn't yet had one, I believe may be on the verge of an epiphany.

It's a bit trite amongst his apostles, I know, but I often wonder what Bill Hicks might have been saying. There was a candidate for 9/11 comedian laureate if ever there was one.
Dog
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A * MEN to that.....(although the goat-boy thang was a bit much Shocked )
andyb
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my permission through from the cops yesterday. It was a fairly easy processs and I suggest that we all start applying for lone demo's for 11/9 this year.

Any suggestions for a hard hitting banner?

Leiff
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about:

9/11 = False Flag Terrorism
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyb wrote:
I got my permission through from the cops yesterday. It was a fairly easy processs and I suggest that we all start applying for lone demo's for 11/9 this year.

Any suggestions for a hard hitting banner?

Why not apply for a proper larger demo and see if they give 'us' permission. I see no reason why they would refuse us. Whilst SOCPA is an outrage, the whole 'Milan Rai, we are martyrs to the cause, look they are locking me up I must be a radical' is a bit overblown.

There is no law against demonstrating in parliamenet square (Or within 1 km) provide you have a license. The fact that you now need a license is outrageous but is a separate issue.
andyb
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, I have my permission slip and two big bits of cardboard for a double sided banner. I was thinking of printing off an A4 upside down US Flag for one side. Does anyone have a high res copy of one.

Also any suggestions for the rest of the space? I was thinking soemthing re WT7, any good one liners appreciated.

Cheers
Andy

Leiff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTC7 Not Demolished? Yeah Right 'Pull' The Other One!
andyb
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
WTC7 Not Demolished? Yeah Right 'Pull' The Other One!

very good, top of the list at the moment

Skeptic
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fighting the long war at the Mark Thomas forum Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: