FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Care in the community - Police kill mentally ill man

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Care in the community - Police kill mentally ill man Reply with quote

Cathedral death man was carrying imitation firearm

Published Date: 05 December 2008
A man shot dead by by police on the steps of Guildford Cathedral was carrying an imitation firearm, police said.

David Sycamore, 39, was hit in the chest and arm by police bullets after an armed response unit was called to the Surrey cathedral to respond to reports of a man roaming the grounds with a gun.

An interim report by the Independent Police Complaints Commission has found that the weapon depression sufferer Mr Sycamore was carrying was an imitation pistol loaded with blank ammunition.

Mr Sycamore, who lived less than two miles away, was shot dead at around 3pm on Sunday at the cathedral, which was used in the filming of the 1976 classic horror film The Omen.

Paramedics were called and tried to resuscitate him but he died at the scene. His weapon was later recovered nearby, police said.

A post-mortem examination concluded that Mr Sycamore died from a gunshot wound to the chest.

Four firearms officers have been taken off operational firearms duties but have not been suspended.

An initial examination of the gun Mr Sycamore was carrying, by scientists who attended the scene, indicates it was a blank-firing 8mm self-loading pistol, the design of which is based on the Glock.

These weapons can be converted to fire live ammunition although it is not believed this one had been. The IPCC said there was nothing at this stage to suggest that the gun, which was loaded with blanks, had been fired during the incident.

Mr Sycamore, who suffered from manic depression, was described in a statement by his family as "loving and caring young man" whose intentions "were never to harm anybody". They said: "David found solace in the grounds of the cathedral and said it brought him inner peace and closer to God."

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
fish5133
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
His weapon was later recovered nearby

I wonder how "nearby" as it could be they shot dead an unarmed man.
On a recent stop the war demo the police had a load of goons with high powered cameras and videos filming and taking pictures of marchers.They were wearing hi viz vests and jackets with the Words "Evidence Gatherers" or something to that effect. I wonder if the police bother to provide the same evidence gathering at their own operations or may that prove too damning.

Disco_Destroyer
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish5133 wrote:
Quote:
His weapon was later recovered nearby

I wonder how "nearby" as it could be they shot dead an unarmed man.
On a recent stop the war demo the police had a load of goons with high powered cameras and videos filming and taking pictures of marchers.They were wearing hi viz vests and jackets with the Words "Evidence Gatherers" or something to that effect. I wonder if the police bother to provide the same evidence gathering at their own operations or may that prove too damning.

Thought exactly the same I wonder if the ole police glove box came in handy Wink
Anyone remember Micheal Moores orange wallet gag?

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

www.myspace.com/disco_destroyer
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two years ago I dialled Avon and Somerset police on 999 here in Bristol because two teenagers were engaged in what I now guess was a mock battle with what looked like real guns right next to one of the city's well known drug dens.

I explained I didn't know whether the guns were real or not but that several people, one of them an elderly woman, were clearly afraid enough to turn back along the pavement and chose an alternative route.

Police response - zero.

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
fish5133
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyGosling wrote:
Two years ago I dialled Avon and Somerset police on 999 here in Bristol because two teenagers were engaged in what I now guess was a mock battle with what looked like real guns right next to one of the city's well known drug dens.

I explained I didn't know whether the guns were real or not but that several people, one of them an elderly woman, were clearly afraid enough to turn back along the pavement and chose an alternative route.

Police response - zero.

Police response Zero.? Thank God for that, given the polices current response to imitation weapons.

TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well yes.
But it does seem a little arbitrary doesn't it. Heads you live tails you die. Rolling Eyes
These firearms officers should be screened to see that they don't get a headrush from killing people.

fish5133 wrote:

Police response Zero.? Thank God for that, given the polices current response to imitation weapons.

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
wordskills
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds a bit fishy, but realistically why was this poor guy carrying an imitation gun to begin with? Also with the gun being "nearby" sounds a bit odd, surely your life would have to be put at risk before you go shooting someone, and what happened to shoot to disable?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: