FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shills and forums

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Shills and forums Reply with quote

Posting on forums is an art and folk need to learn how to do it effectively. Here are some things that I have learnt from the experience.

If I use abusive language or insults, the person I’m abusing looks reasonable compared to me.

Abuse provokes abuse and should be avoided.

Sarcasm is a form of abuse and should be avoided.

Accusations of "Shill" on our forums are probably the most hurtful form of abuse that can be levelled and are therefore likely to be the most damaging to the argument of the abuser. I may strongly suspect that someone is a paid representative of some intelligence service or other but, as I can never prove it, it is far better not to make that claim in public. We need to accept that millions of people genuinely believe that false flag terrorism does not exist and that some of them will argue that point of view till the cows come home.

Humour which is genuinely funny, rather than humour which is at the expense of someone we are debating with, can help us to lighten up and to remember our common humanity. A sense of humour distinguishes us humans from the animals. Scornful humour, on the other hand, is actually a form of quick point-scoring and is likely to elicit similar countermeasures and to deflect attention away from the points being debated.

Nevertheless, security agencies do pay taxpayers’ money to people who try to influence public opinion in favour of policies advocated by extremely rich, powerful and self-centred forces. The armaments manufacturers, petroleum companies and international bankers stand to gain increased power and control over us all through current Middle-East wars and their outfall. The shills are certainly there on our forums, but in my opinion it is better to keep them guessing whether we have sussed who they are than to risk making false accusations.

I suggest they can be recognised by various forms of behaviour:
- a tendency not to engage truthfully with arguments which are put to them
- throwing dust in our eyes (retorting with irrelevancies which may steer debate away from areas where their arguments are weakest)
- delivering insults when they begin to lose an argument, which might rescue them by diverting the discussion on to whether the insult is fair, or may provoke counter-insults which can then be used to demonstrate that people they are debating with are getting personal rather than debating the issues.
- a tendency to lie in order to support their argument
- a tendency to post intensively on the forum for a short period and then to disappear when they find themselves losing the argument, only to be replaced by someone new (or perhaps just a new screen name)
- a tendency to give very little information about themselves in their profile.

But I don’t cry "shill" at people, particularly because I do not want by accident to falsely accuse a true believer in the beneficence of Bush, Blair and the powers that be. Such true believers are potentially convertible once they have been shown the facts. Even spooks are potentially convertible. We should never forget that among the ranks of supporters of the truth movement in Britain we have two ex-MI5 officers, one former British military intelligence officer and one former US naval intelligence officer. These people have come clean about their spook backgrounds and their experiences in the agencies they have quit has given them insight into how false flag operations are organised.

By the way, what are the origins of that word "Shill"? Someone said it is a short form of the Irish "shillelagh", a knobbly wooden club used for beating people over the head with. We should all remember that when you do hit someone with a shillelagh all hell breaks loose. Let’s not do it.

Noel
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Noel

See the discussion on Jon Ronson thread regarding my suggestion to create a separate 'critics corner'. What do you think?
Jane
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
See the discussion on Jon Ronson thread regarding my suggestion to create a separate 'critics corner'. What do you think?

I can't seem to find this thread Neal. Although I am familiar with “Ron Jonson” and his contributions to the Forum alongside his sidekick “Spun” – they both seem to have disappeared ages ago – but I am sure there are others to replace them…or they have replaced themselves! What a funny sort of life this must be for them!

I agree with all the points you make, Noel..

Another one I would make is that whilst we can all insult, be rude, lie, etc now and then (nothing to be proud of, but I can surprise myself occassionlly by the nasty retort which can come from me on or off board, or in "life" also how negative and self pitying I can sometimes be) - but I think the big thing is that if we are at all what I call "authentic" as opposed to an "unreal" sort of "made up" character which one has taken on - as with playing the role of a "shrill" is that at some stage we begin to learn to "see ourselves" in the "Burns" sense (or even in the "Know Thyslef" in the Sajah Yoga sense!) and to learn to rise above our "foolish ways" and to say "Sorry!"

The "shrills" don't seem to be able to do this - they seem to have very big egos (whether they are playing a part or what) and don't seem to know how to really communicate - just to insult or belittle people and be proud of their work!

I looked on the Urban whatsit website and thought how rude and nasty so many of them are - people like this seem to thrive on this kind of behaviour and feed each other into behaving even worse!

As you say, Noel, it isn't hard to "detect" these people - they give themselves away big time!!

Romans 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

http://www.wytruth.org.uk/
Newspeak International
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree with Jane's comment,how right you are.

And of course with Noel,who's main point I have tried to follow,it is a frustrating experience for us,when the truth is so obvious to all that will see.
paul wright

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jane wrote:
[The "shrills" don't seem to be able to do this - they seem to have very big egos (whether they are playing a part or what) and don't seem to know how to really communicate - just to insult or belittle people and be proud of their work!

They're either trained in this or it comes naturally. This could become a big problem in a movement susceptible to alpha males.We all have our own strategies for defusing situations in 3D land hopefully
Here it would be best to either strike them down or move them to a small cage of their own as is suggested
They are certainly wasting space and energy on the board
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon Ronson thread

http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?t=2482&start=255

The question is do we allow the status quo to continue or do we create a separate area for people who don't support the campaign to challenge us, thus keeping the rest of the boards solely for people who support the campaign

This is my preferred suggestion

Last edited by ian neal on Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Graham
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been having a bit of a debate with "Silas" on his forums. I don't start till a few pages in.

http://www.jonronson.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1226
9/11 Stole My Freedom
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joseph Goebells wrote:
Tell a Lie That is Big Enough, and Repeat it Often Enough, and the Whole World Will Believe It

Last edited by 9/11 Stole My Freedom on Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jane
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Well done again, Graham! Reply with quote

Graham,

I've been reading your posts on the discussion group you give the link to. You enter on board like the voice of reason and calm, unlike the one who swears all the time...with him being called Albert I thought maybe he was an old man and at first he was just saying "Please watch this film" I thought poor old chap he must be getting really upset that people are just ignoring what he is saying when it's so important, but then as I read on.....!!!

You have also got the "Silas" character (whom I picture as the monk in The Da Vinci Code!!!) to enter into discussion with you.

Well done!

Romans 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

http://www.wytruth.org.uk/
IronSnot
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jane, why don't you address Ron Johnson's post as above. Also I'd like to point out that Jon Ronson and Ron Johnson seem to be two completely different people. Shouting 'shill' doesn't make for a good look.
Ann Johnson
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Don't you realise Reply with quote

how confusing all this shill/shrill talk is?
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't you realise Reply with quote

Ann Johnson wrote:
how confusing all this shill/shrill talk is?

How very true Ann (welcome by the way). I think creating confusion and internal fusing and fighting is part of the point.

My advice is unless there is hard evidence to support accusations of 'shill' no one should say so.

In addition I suggest rather than picking fights with those who disagree with our point of view, we should take the opportunity to link up with those we agree with and focus on raising public awareness

But each to their own
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: