FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Risks of GM Foods

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The War On Children, Marriage and the Family
View previous topic :: View next topic  
outsider
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Risks of GM Foods Reply with quote

I don't know if this fits under 'War on Children', but it certainly affects them as well as adults:

Brasscheck videos on 'Risks of GM':

http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/647.html

rodin
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monsanto Story a must view

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=monsanto%20story&sourceid=navcli ent-ff&rlz=1B2RNFA_enGB284&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wv#

Monsanto roots

http://www.rense.com/general76/ssje.htm

fish5133
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good shout Outsider.

Bit technical in places, intresting stuff about dodgy dealings of Food Industry and Food standards research etc.Worrying aspect about seed producers trying to get all seeds GM .Last vid a good summary

2nd to last vid at approx 4:40 makes interesting link between our food store loyalty cards and our NHS medical records. See what we eat know what illnesses we get

Last vid. he says he believes GM food is the most serious risk to health and the environment we face.
What can we do? The fight for labelling is so important to maintain our choice to not eat GM food. Consumer power important. Unilever announce No GM in their food and this was quickly followed by other major food producers

Pugwash
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest on GM..

Quote:
Few subjects attract more ire and debate than genetically modified foods--and Monsanto reigns over the entire industry. The very idea of genetically engineering crops has always made many queasy--and now, literally so. A breakthrough report from the International Journal of Biological Sciences has just found that three separate kinds of Monsanto's genetically modified corn causes organ damage in rats.

Twilight Earth bluntly parses the report: "In what is being described as the first ever and most comprehensive study of the effects of genetically modified foods on mammalian health, researchers have linked organ damage with consumption of Monsanto's GM maize." Woops. All three of the kinds of corn have been approved by numerous food safety boards, and are widely available in the United States, Europe, and elsewhere.

From the study, which was carried out by the Committee of Independent Research and Information on Genetic Engineering:

The data "clearly underlines adverse impacts on kidneys and liver, the dietary detoxifying organs, as well as different levels of damages to heart, adrenal glands, spleen and haematopoietic system," reported Gilles-Eric Séralini, a molecular biologist at the University of Caen.
Scary stuff--this may be the first time that such distinctly adverse health effects have been confirmed by science (the first paper making similar claims surfaced in 2007).

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2010/01/monsanto-gmo-corn-causes-cance r-mammals.php

ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outsider sent me this film on DVD. thanks a lot

Highly disturbing, highly recommended

Link

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7812548160862207272
scienceplease 2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monanto - gm corn stopping pigs getting pregnant...

See "scientists under attack" - 5 minutes in

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xl17bh_scientists-under-attack-part-1 _tech
fish5133
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scienceplease 2 wrote:
Monanto - gm corn stopping pigs getting pregnant...

See "scientists under attack" - 5 minutes in

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xl17bh_scientists-under-attack-part-1 _tech

very interesting clip

Approx 14mins the conspiracy starts with the phone calls from Nr 10 to quosh the health risk information and sack the scientist previously praised and commended for his research.

TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The World According to Monsanto GMO Documentary

Link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VEZYQF9WlE

Hello my friends, be prepared for some challenging truths and be warned, our governments are being exposed for the puppet pretend democracies they are.... big BUSINESS calls the shots. People .... just in the way of their progress. We can change our fate, if we unify and use the only weapon feasible to beat the global elite ( major share holders in Monsanto) People Power. uploaded by Uploaded by eboyuk on May 18, 2011

There's nothing they are leaving untouched: the mustard, the okra, the bringe oil, the rice, the cauliflower. Once they have established the norm: that seed can be owned as their property, royalties can be collected. We will depend on them for every seed we grow of every crop we grow. If they control seed, they control food, they know it -- it's strategic. It's more powerful than bombs. It's more powerful than guns. This is the best way to control the populations of the world. The story starts in the White House, where Monsanto often got its way by exerting disproportionate influence over policymakers via the "revolving door". One example is Michael Taylor, who worked for Monsanto as an attorney before being appointed as deputy commissioner of the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 1991. While at the FDA, the authority that deals with all US food approvals, Taylor made crucial decisions that led to the approval of GE foods and crops. Then he returned to Monsanto, becoming the company's vice president for public policy.

Thanks to these intimate links between Monsanto and government agencies, the US adopted GE foods and crops without proper testing, without consumer labeling and in spite of serious questions hanging over their safety. Not coincidentally, Monsanto supplies 90 percent of the GE seeds used by the US market. Monsanto's long arm stretched so far that, in the early nineties, the US Food and Drugs Agency even ignored warnings of their own scientists, who were cautioning that GE crops could cause negative health effects. Other tactics the company uses to stifle concerns about their products include misleading advertising, bribery and concealing scientific evidence.

ian neal wrote:
Outsider sent me this film on DVD. thanks a lot
Highly disturbing, highly recommended

Link

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7812548160862207272

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard evidence that GM food will poison 25% of us from the inside
In today's Daily Mail

GM diet 'can lead to disease in pigs': Animals develop inflamed stomachs and other conditions when fed with 'Frankenstein foods'
Research significant because pigs organs are similar to humans
U.S. trial found GM-fed female pigs had on average a 25 per cent heavier uterus than non-GM-fed females, which is a possible indicator of disease
Environment Minister has dismissed GM scepticism as ‘complete nonsense’

By Sean Poulter, Consumer Affairs Editor

PUBLISHED: 01:51, 13 June 2013 | UPDATED: 01:51, 13 June 2013
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2340699/GM-diet-lead-disease-p igs-Animals-develop-inflamed-stomachs-conditions-fed-Frankenstein-food s.html

GM crops could give pigs diseases, after scientists claimed those fed the so-called Frankenstein food had inflamed stomachs and heavier uteruses.

The research is significant because the digestive system and organs of pigs are similar to those of humans, who eat the pork from the animals.

A group of Britain’s biggest supermarkets recently ended a ban on the feeding of GM crops to pigs and other animals on farms in this country.

GM-fed female pigs had on average a 25 per cent heavier uterus than non-GM-fed pigs - a sign of disease

The trial involved 168 newly-weaned pigs in a commercial piggery in America

Meat, milk and eggs from these animals is not labelled as having come from animals fed on GM crops.

The latest study will embarrass the Government, which supports GM crops and food, based on assurances that they have been proven safe for humans and the environment.

However, the research suggests this cannot be taken for granted.

It was led by Dr Judy Carman, associate professor in health and the environment at Flinders University, Australia.

She said GM-fed female pigs had on average a 25 per cent heavier uterus than non-GM-fed females, which is a possible indicator of disease.

Also, severe inflammation in stomachs was markedly higher in pigs on a GM diet. Calling the results ‘striking’, she added: ‘We found these results in farm conditions, not in a laboratory, but with the benefit of strict scientific controls. We need to investigate if people are also getting digestive problems from eating GM crops.’

The trial involved 168 newly weaned pigs fed either GM soya and corn, or an equivalent non-GM diet.

The pigs were reared under identical housing and feeding conditions, while they were slaughtered once they were over five months of age, which is normal for commercial production.

They were autopsied by qualified veterinarians who worked ‘blind’ – they were not informed which pigs were fed on the GM diet and which were not.

But Professor Tom Sanders, of King’s College, London, said: ‘There were no differences in growth and mortality rates and pigs appeared in similar health.’ A Cambridge professor, David Spiegelhalter, said: ‘The conclusions don’t stand up to statistical scrutiny.’

More...
Forever film friends! Ethan Hawke and longtime co-star Julie Delpy keep close on the red carpet at Before Midnight screening
Ease curbs on GM food, says Willetts: Science minister says crops could be used to feed the world

Iowa-based farmer and crop and livestock advisor Howard Vlieger, one of the coordinators of the study, said: ‘For as long as GM crops have been in the feed supply, we have seen increasing digestive and reproductive problems in animals. Now it is scientifically documented.

Environment Minister Owen Paterson dismissed scepticism of GM as 'complete nonsense'

‘In some cases, animals eating GM crops are very aggressive. This is not surprising, given the scale of stomach irritation and inflammation now documented.’

The Biotechnology Industry Organisation said: ‘This study was authored by anti-biotech campaigners. Hundreds of independent studies found no difference between animals fed GM or non-GM diets.’

The news comes as Owen Paterson, Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, claims opposition to GM food should be cast aside in the interests of the economy and our ability to feed the world.

Mr Paterson has dismissed scepticism of GM as ‘complete nonsense’.

A spokesman said: ‘The world’s population is set to hit nine billion by 2050, and we must increase food production, minimise waste and boost competition. We must not ignore technologies, including GM, that can meet the challenge.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2340699/GM-diet-lead-disease-p igs-Animals-develop-inflamed-stomachs-conditions-fed-Frankenstein-food s.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
outsider

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This testimony should be required reading:

'Laboratory Lunch: Moms Say No to GMOs':
http://fundanything.com/en/campaigns/laboratorylunch/

'Karen’s story

In March of 2013 our 7 year old son (6 at the time) started a coughing fit that was unreal. I remember sitting in the movie theater with the family and my son just couldn’t stop coughing. I ended up leaving the movie theater and crossing the street to WalMart to get cough medicine. I gave it to him right there in the movie theater. Another half hour passed, and he was still coughing. On the way home, I bought a cool mist vaporizer hoping it was the dry winter air in the desert causing this cough. A few hours of that didn’t even touch his cough. It was non stop. My mother and I ended up taking him to the emergency room that night after watching him dry heave into the toilet and seeing blood spatters in the water. He slept through the entire exam- while coughing-CONSTANTLY. They gave him a breathing treatment and gave him cough medicine with codeine and sent him home. That night and the next morning, he seemed to have some relief. By that afternoon it flared up again. Of course it was on a Sunday. We waited until Monday morning and immediately took him to his regular Dr. She IMMEDIATELY diagnosed him with asthma.

She gave him a breathing treatment in her office right away. I will never forget the look in my sons eyes, as he took deep breaths and looked into my eyes with such relief. He just let his little arms fall to his side, as he bent over and breathed that medicine. He looked so relaxed. My heart broke at that moment. As a mother who would walk the ends of the earth for him, because I had ZERO control over the most basic right he has as a human being, the right to breath. We went home with a prescription for a nebulizer and medicine for it. I felt a little better, but the ‘mama bear’ in me wanted to know- ‘why all of a sudden?’ ‘Why not my other boys?’ ‘Could he have died?’

Just a week before this episode, we took Alex to the eye doctor because he was really struggling in school and his reading was a real problem. The eye doctor said he had astigmatism and that every sentence looked like one long word to him. The doctor also said that it was a most unusual pronounced astigmatism, about four times the normal severity. We got him his eye glasses and moved on. Now after the ER visit and the Dr. visit where he was diagnosed with asthma, I had to wonder, why was all this happening to him all at once? I started reading on the internet. I was glued to Google. I learned about GMO. Now, I am MAD. I didn’t know this! I didn’t know I was feeding my babies TERRIBLE food! Immediately, I started telling everyone. Nobody else knew either. As a matter of fact, they think I went off the deep end. I joined groups on Facebook about GMO. I learned even more. I started watching documentaries. I changed our diets. That is when EVEYTHING changed. I went shopping. I bought new everything- organic of course. Within two days, Alex no longer needed the nebulizer 3x’s a day! He didn’t even need it once. We also found that he could read without his glasses within a couple weeks. His grades in school shot up. Way up. He went from failing 1st grade to the teacher telling me ‘I would normally recommend retention, but the last couple months, he really pulled it together. If he were my son, I would let him advance as long as he keeps up the pace’. Needless to say, we let him pass. His diet changed EVERYTHING! I lost 14 pounds my husband lost 10 pounds eating the same foods, except we only ate the organic versions. We cut out dyes and all fast foods. I have even noticed that my taste buds have changed and so have my kids. They aren’t into the ‘junk’ foods they used to eat. At school Alex does not crave the junk his friends are eating and no longer trades his lunch away. He gets a 100% organic lunch every day. He respects the fact that GMO foods cause him to get sick and affect his breathing. There are times when what we eat is out of our control. An example would be eating at someone’s house who does not ‘get it’ yet. I can always notice the changes immediately in my kids. Especially Alex. A little cough will start to come on. But after a day or so, it disappears with good clean food. I never again want to have to poison his lungs with medication in a nebulizer just to breathe.

Alex’s nebulizer is safely put up where I hope to never see it again. He has not used it since early May 2013. As for his glasses, I don’t even know what happened to them. I am so happy I don’t have to chase those down every morning anymore!
I am fortunate to have the internet to do the research and keep my family safe. Childhood cancer is at all-time highs and climbing. There are fundraisers everywhere to help ‘cure cancer’ when what we really need is prevention. We need clean food. Not chemical laced additives that addict people and make them sick and in need of medications. I will never forget looking into my sons eyes that day. These are our children. Let’s step up and make a change. Give them what we had. Clean air, clean water, and clean food. The only thing that should be dirty is the - See more at: http://fundanything.com/en/campaigns/laboratorylunch/#sthash.h3jwDPad. dpuf

scienceplease 2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't going to help the balance of trade between US and China...

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2014-01-06/china-rejecting-u-dot-s-do t-corn-as-first-shipment-from-ukraine-arrives

Quote:
China continued to reject corn cargoes from the U.S. that contained an unapproved genetically modified variety while accepting a first bulk-carrier shipment of the grain from Ukraine.

Genetically modified corn and corn-derived products totaling 601,000 metric tons were rejected in 2013, the official Xinhua News Agency reported today, citing the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine. A Panamax-sized shipment of non-genetically modified corn from Ukraine entered the country on Dec. 6, according to a statement dated Dec. 25 on the website of state-owned China National Complete Engineering Corp.

The quarantine agency’s newest figure cited by Xinhua was 56,000 tons more than it announced on Dec. 19, showing the government’s continued screening of U.S. corn and and dried distillers’ grains, or DDGS, for the unapproved insect resistanr MIR 162 gene. Net corn sales to China from the U.S. in the seven days through Dec. 26 dropped by 116,000 tons from the previous week, according to a report on the website of U.S. Department of Agriculture.
outsider

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scienceplease 2 wrote:
This isn't going to help the balance of trade between US and China...

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2014-01-06/china-rejecting-u-dot-s-do t-corn-as-first-shipment-from-ukraine-arrives

Quote:
China continued to reject corn cargoes from the U.S. that contained an unapproved genetically modified variety while accepting a first bulk-carrier shipment of the grain from Ukraine.

Genetically modified corn and corn-derived products totaling 601,000 metric tons were rejected in 2013, the official Xinhua News Agency reported today, citing the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine. A Panamax-sized shipment of non-genetically modified corn from Ukraine entered the country on Dec. 6, according to a statement dated Dec. 25 on the website of state-owned China National Complete Engineering Corp.

The quarantine agency’s newest figure cited by Xinhua was 56,000 tons more than it announced on Dec. 19, showing the government’s continued screening of U.S. corn and and dried distillers’ grains, or DDGS, for the unapproved insect resistanr MIR 162 gene. Net corn sales to China from the U.S. in the seven days through Dec. 26 dropped by 116,000 tons from the previous week, according to a report on the website of U.S. Department of Agriculture.

The Chinese aren't daft!!! Laughing

scienceplease 2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

outsider wrote:

The Chinese aren't daft!!! Laughing

No, but apparently we are!

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2014/mar/14/scrap-dysfunctional -gm-regulations-uk-government-science-advisers-food

Quote:
David Cameron's science advisers call for expansion of GM crops
Report urges scrapping of 'dysfunctional' regulations on crops that risk curtailing the UK's food supply
The Guardian, Friday 14 March 2014

David Cameron's official science advisers have called for GM crops to be rolled out across the UK by scrapping "dysfunctional" EU regulations that risk curtailing future food supplies.

"We take it for granted that because our supermarket shelves are groaning with food, there are no problems with the food supply, but there are," said government's chief scientific adviser, Professor Sir Mark Walport, citing rising global population, limited farmland and climate change. "If we don't use GM the risk is people going unfed."

Risk of people going unfed!? So no fear-mongering here then! Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The War On Children, Marriage and the Family All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: