FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Big Green Gathering Aug 2-6, Somerset

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Accelerationists' Armageddon Project For WWIII, Economic Crash, Starvation & Deadly Pathogens Rampant
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Big Green Gathering Aug 2-6, Somerset Reply with quote

The Biggest Green Gathering ever is scheduled to take place at FernHill Farm, near the Mendip Hills in Somerset, early August. Plans are afoot to have a 9/11 - 7/7 Truth village there with our own mini-marquee, space to show movies, give out literature and hold discussions.

Tickets are available through the hotline: 01458 830 281 or via the website www.big-green-gathering.com. They're not cheap but we can get a 10% discount if we book as a group.

Prices: Adult £95, Concessions £65, Child (5-15) £20, Vehicle £25, Camper Van £40 Caravan (requires separate vehicle pass) £25, Motorbike £5.

Any bookings over £250 will receive 10% discount.

Will anyone volunteer to take bookings from 9/11 Truth campaigners, so that we can get a group reduction and have a designated area?

Noel
flamesong
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having heard nothing but good stuff about the BGG, I had been planning to go this year - but that was until I saw the price.

I realise that this is not an environmental forum but what prevents me from doing many things towards a better envoronment is not a lack of will but prohibitive cost.

I just went up to Findhorn to check it out and found that I could not even afford to buy a packet of dried fruit because it had its environmental premium added - a kind of freelance taxation.

Compare with the Earth First! Gathering which is essentially for activists and costs a mere £15 for the week plus extremely inexpensive organic food:

http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?t=2019

http://www.earthfirstgathering.org.uk

That said, good luck to anybody who goes to the Big Green Gathering - especially if you do put an exhibition together. If anybody is thinking of going to the Earth First! Gathering, I may see you there. Maybe you would like to get in touch beforehand.
Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a group of people meeting near one of the local pubs? Cost: Free.

I'm not entirely serious, but 95 notes is a heck of an entrance fee - in DVD costs it's about 300 for the price I make them for!

Ask the Tough Questions, Folks!
Dr Hemp
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going; I'm buying 2 tickets, but there's a possibility I might be able to get them a bit cheaper, as one of the official sellers is one of my customers, so I'm gonna ask them for a price, but I don't know for sure if it'll be any cheaper, I can't get hold of them today.

I think there is another person from Totnes who is going, so that's 3, if we can make the number up to 10, then it's worth doing; I'll let you know what my contact who is selling the tickets says; always worth asking!

Chris.

Dr Hemp
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My customer only makes 5% on tickets, so no luck there

I am buying 2 tickets, if there's another 8 people on here who are buying then let me know and we can buy in one go

Chris

xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Tickets for BGG Reply with quote

If we book as a group we will get a 10 % discount. I propose doing that if people will tell me who is going but has not yet got tickets. PM me or e-mail me with details.

Some of our folk already have tickets.

We are still having difficulties getting permission to take in the solar powered movie projection van that Colin in Bristol has and the viewing marquee which Dave Rufmouth in Manchester is providing for viewing the movies and for literature distribution. This will hopefully get sorted out today.

Noel
James C
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can buy day passes at £20 each for Sat or Sun which do not include camping (obviously)

http://www.big-green-gathering.com/index.php?pageid=60

I'm taking the wife and kids for one day only.
Annie
9/11 Truth Organiser
9/11 Truth Organiser

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Tickets for BGG Reply with quote

xmasdale wrote:

We are still having difficulties getting permission to take in the solar powered movie projection van that Colin in Bristol has and the viewing marquee which Dave Rufmouth in Manchester is providing for viewing the movies and for literature distribution. This will hopefully get sorted out today.

Noel

Should be sorted now.

xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Tickets for BGG Reply with quote

Annie wrote:
xmasdale wrote:

Noel

Should be sorted now.

Great to know that's sorted now, Annie. Many thanks for doing that.

Now is anyone else intending to buy tickets for the BGG and if so, can we make a group booking to get a discount.

Noel
Annie
9/11 Truth Organiser
9/11 Truth Organiser

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick report on the BGG now that I'm sufficiently recovered.

We had a 911 marquee as the focal point for our group, where we could sell DVDs and (in theory) show films. The solar power was slightly problematic, so the film-screening was restricted, but we live and learn.

We did, however, manage to shift about 1000 DVDs. What was particularly encouraging was the level of awareness at the festival. The marquee was busy with people who wanted to ask specific questions about 911, rather than just what it was all about in the first place.

It was also a good chance for supporters from all over the country to meet up. We had a little Truth Village going so, as they say, a good time was had by all.

We definitely need to do more events like this.

Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to Annie and all involved.

I am sorry I didn't make it over - I never realised day passes were available (even though I looked on the Website).

Ask the Tough Questions, Folks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Accelerationists' Armageddon Project For WWIII, Economic Crash, Starvation & Deadly Pathogens Rampant All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: