FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

12 Oct 2002 - Police 'had role' in Indonesia's Bali bombings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The History Of False Flag Terrorism
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeFecToR
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anti-sophist wrote:
why are we talking about this? The silliness of this conversation has grown tiresome. You've said nothing of value.

Funny, i was thinking just the same.

Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a suggestion:

Ask the Tough Questions, Folks!
Bushwacker
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh, yes, that's a very tough question. Why do you spam your own board?
Ravenmoon
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: East Timor & Bali - Fool Me Twice Reply with quote

Exposing the Australian government's lies about the East Timor massacres, the cover-up of the Bali bombings and finally the subsequent anti-terror laws forced through parliament.

East Timor & Bali - Fool Me Twice

Link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxEpjmzwf74

“Fool Me Twice” – Powerful New Documentary Exposes 2002 Bali Bombings as False Flag Terror
Sunday, August 2, 2015 22:40

http://beforeitsnews.com/awakening-start-here/2015/08/fool-me-twice-po werful-new-documentary-exposes-2002-bali-bombings-as-false-flag-terror -3266.html

Exposing the Australian government’s lies about the East Timor massacres, the cover-up of the Bali bombings (including ’93 WTC attack) and subsequent anti-terror legislation forced through parliament.

FOOL ME TWICE, exposes the cover-up of the Bali bombings and provides evidence that it was a false flag Operation.

The film begins by documenting the Australian government’s prior knowledge of the Indonesian military’s plan to use violence to maintain autonomy over East Timor. Contrary to The Howard Governments claims they argued against peacekeeping forces allowing the Indonesian Special Forces to carry out their campaign of fear and suppression.

Within 24 hours of the 2002 Bali bombings a team of FBI, UK special agents and Australian federal police started arriving in Bali. The investigation team continuously claimed different explosive devices were responsible for the main blast. Days after the attacks, Indonesian Police Chief, General Dai’ Bachtier, announced that the FBI had discovered C4 pointing the blame towards Jemaah Islamiah, JI (“SE Asia wing of Al qaeda”). Eventually, investigators concluded that the main explosive device was a potassium chlorate car bomb. C4 was never included in final reports.

The main explosive device was so powerful it seriously damaged buildings in a 2/400 metre radius and left a 1 metre deep, 10 metre wide crater. 202 people perished in the blasts, the majority incinerated from the main explosive device. Investigators quickly excavated the crater contents and dumped the remaining debris off the coast of southern Bali, including completely stripped concrete reinforcing bars. Potassium chlorate is a low velocity explosive and does not have the overpressure force to create a 1 metre deep crater or completely incinerate humans, let alone strip concrete. Only a high-tech explosive device has the power to strip concrete.

FBI claims of C4 announced by General Dai’ Bachtier, ensured Jemaah Islamiah was immediately blamed for the Bali bombings. All prior intelligence of the Bali bombings came from so called JI leader, Omar Al-Faruq. Omar Al-Faruq was secretly handed over to the US by Indonesia months prior to the bombings under the CIA’s extraordinary rendition program. Australian intelligence agencies reported that intelligence obtained from captured “JI suspect”, Omar Al-Faruq, warned of possible terrorist attacks in Bali. After the attacks the Bush administration denied access to Al-Faruq for questioning in the Bali bombing trials. When Omar Al-Faruq was suddenly called by US court to provide evidence in a trial of another terrorist suspect – he had “escaped high security prison”. No JI leaders have ever been brought to trial.

Prior to the Bali bombings the Indonesian government denied the existence of terrorists within Indonesia and opposed US anti-terror operations in Afghanistan. After the bombings President Megawati signed a joint statement – “Agreeing that terrorism poses a continued threat to international peace and security, and that the two Presidents are committed to enhancing their bilateral cooperation in the fight against terrorism”. The Bush administration provided funds to the Indonesian police and military and setup a national terrorism unit under the control of national police chief, General Dai’ Bachtier.

Link

outsider
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Bali bombings cover-up: New documentary Reply with quote

Cem emailed me this yesterday - I assumed someone would put it up, but it seems to have gone under the radar.

A new documentary exposing the Australian government's lies about the East Timor massacres, the cover-up of the Bali bombings and finally the subsequent anti-terror legislation forced through parliament.

Indymedia UK, 5 December 2007
http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2007/12/387169.html

Youtube:

Link

Googlevideo:

Link

Released on Youtube and Googlevideo this week, FOOL ME TWICE, exposes the cover-up of the Bali bombings and provides evidence that it was a Falseflag Operation.

The film begins by documenting the Australian government's prior knowledge of the Indonesian military's plan to use violence to maintain autonomy over East Timor. Contrary to The Howard Governments claims they argued against peacekeeping forces allowing the Indonesian Special Forces to carry out their campaign of fear and suppression.

Within 24 hours of the 2002 Bali bombings a team of FBI, UK special agents and Australian federal police started arriving in Bali. The investigation team continuously claimed different explosive devices were responsible for the main blast. Days after the attacks, Indonesian Police Chief, General Dai' Bachtier, announced that the FBI had discovered C4 pointing the blame towards Jemaah Islamiah, JI ("SE Asia wing of Al qaeda"). Eventually, investigators concluded that the main explosive device was a potassium chlorate car bomb. C4 was never included in final reports.

The main explosive device was so powerful it seriously damaged buildings in a 2/400 metre radius and left a 1 metre deep, 10 metre wide crater. 202 people perished in the blasts, the majority incinerated from the main explosive device. Investigators quickly excavated the crater contents and dumped the remaining debris off the coast of southern Bali, including completely stripped concrete reinforcing bars. Potassium chlorate is a low velocity explosive and does not have the overpressure force to create a 1 metre deep crater or completely incinerate humans, let alone strip concrete. Only a high-tech explosive device has the power to strip concrete.

FBI claims of C4 announced by General Dai' Bachtier, ensured Jemaah Islamiah was immediately blamed for the Bali bombings. All prior intelligence of the Bali bombings came from so called JI leader, Omar Al-Faruq. Omar Al-Faruq was secretly handed over to the US by Indonesia months prior to the bombings under the CIA's extraordinary rendition program. Australian intelligence agencies reported that intelligence obtained from captured "JI suspect", Omar Al-Faruq, warned of possible terrorist attacks in Bali. After the attacks the Bush administration denied access to Al-Faruq for questioning in the Bali bombing trials. When Omar Al-Faruq was suddenly called by US court to provide evidence in a trial of another terrorist suspect – he had "escaped high security prison". No JI leaders have ever been brought to trial.

Prior to the Bali bombings the Indonesian government denied the existence of terrorists within Indonesia and opposed US anti-terror operations in Afghanistan. After the bombings President Megawati signed a joint statement – "Agreeing that terrorism poses a continued threat to international peace and security, and that the two Presidents are committed to enhancing their bilateral cooperation in the fight against terrorism". The Bush administration provided funds to the Indonesian police and military and setup a national terrorism unit under the control of national police chief, General Dai' Bachtier.

TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being discussed on an earlier thread

East Timor & Bali - Fool Me Twice
http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?t=12603

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/

Last edited by TonyGosling on Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total
outsider

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This wasn't the first 'False Flag' terror incident; in 1965 five top Nationalist generals in Indonesia were kidnapped and murdered, supposedly by 'Communists', paving the way for US-friendly Suharto to manouevre Sukarno out and take over. The US provided Suharto with lists of 'Communists' who were imprisoned or more often murdered. He then opened the way to US multinationals, and became a multi millionaire as well as an extremely brutal tyrant.
He also later invaded East Timor (see above film).

Newspeak International
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upping this as it's important and may have been missed by some.

Dave Sherlock's:

http://www.myspace.com/GlassAsylum

http://www.myspace.com/chemtrailsuk
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Bali bomber says CIA/Mossad/KGB 'enhanced' blast Reply with quote

Bali bomber blames success on CIA, Mossad

Michael Sheridan of the Times of London interviewed the men who planned, financed, and conducted the 2002 Bali bombing that left 202 people dead, including many Muslims. Not surprisingly, none regret the terrorist attack, conducted to “help Muslims”. They do regret killing the Muslims, however, but blame the CIA and/or the Mossad — for building the bomb:

posted at 8:43 am on March 2, 2008 by Ed Morrissey
http://hotair.com/archives/2008/03/02/bali-bomber-blames-success-on-ci a-mossad/

Quote:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/article3466833.ece
.......Did he deny the charges? “People called me the mastermind of the Bali bombing,” he said. “Maybe right, maybe wrong. My only mission was to help the Muslims.”

And then he said something extraordinary. He claimed the bombers had never meant to kill so many people. What happened at Paddy’s Bar and the Sari Club was “unacceptable”, he said.

Had he made the bomb? “No, no, no!” he said, shaking his head. “I didn’t help to make it, and who made the bomb and when I don’t know.”

The second explosion was much bigger than they had expected, he said.

The only explanation, he suggested, was that “the CIA or KGB or Mossad” - those familiar bogeymen of the conspiracy theorist – had somehow tampered with the bomb. “It is very possible,” he claimed.

“I learnt about explosives in Afghanistan,” he continued. “As you know, I may be an expert.”

The truth may never be known. Investigators think the actual bomb-maker was a militant named Dulmatin. Police in the Philippines are conducting DNA tests on the body of a man killed in a gun battle with special forces on January 31, which informants say is Dulmatin’s..........

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
outsider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See Aussie film on the Bali bombing:

Bali & East Timor film:
http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=2246973658225588456

astro3
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems to be alluding to someone called 'Imam Samudrin, who masterminded the operation.' Let's recall Joe Vialls comment re 'Amrozi' who had earlier been the prime suspect for the 2002 Bali bomb:
Quote:
It was late on Wednesday 15 November, just one day before the special Hindu cleansing ceremony of the Bali bombsite in Kuta Beach, that the local Indonesian police chief thoughtfully paraded “prime suspect” Amrozi in front of the assembled media pack. The fact that Amrozi was clearly disoriented, rambling, as high as a kite on drugs and separated from western journalists by a thick glass wall, was apparently not a problem for our sacred guardians of the truth.

Despite the obvious audio impediments and complete lack of direct access, Australian and Singaporean media outlets were nonetheless able to “accurately” interpret Amrozi’s muffled and garbled mixture of Javanese and Indonesian, to mean that he confessed to killing nearly 300 people at Kuta Beach, with a minivan full of potassium chlorate detergent stolen from Java.

Not only that, but as Amrozi peered hopefully through a thick psychedelic haze to wave cheerfully at the television cameras, we were further asked to believe he claimed to enjoy killing people, wanted to kill some more, and in particular wanted to kill lots and lots of Americans. So thick was the psychedelic fog surrounding him, Amrozi completely forgot that the punishment for “confessing” to such crimes in Indonesia is death by firing squad.
Needless to say, the entire media event was contrived rubbish, but it served the purpose for which it was mounted, i.e. to drive increased levels of Australian hatred against Amrozi, and through him against all Muslims across south east Asia.
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outsider,

I can't get that link to work what's the name of the film?

outsider wrote:

Bali & East Timor film:

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
outsider

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyGosling wrote:
Outsider,

I can't get that link to work what's the name of the film?

outsider wrote:

Bali & East Timor film:

The link no longer works. Did anyone download it while it was still up, please?

TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it this one?

Link

Looks like it's called 'Fool Me Twice'
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-4135706276167925924

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
outsider

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's it - 'Fool Me Twice'. The other one had a different picture on the front, but it's the same one.

Here's the one that works: (Tony's correction)

Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Launch of new Bali Bombings Investigation News Website&# Reply with quote

http://www.southeastasianews.org

Join and have your say.

NewsTeam:

Robert S Finnegan: Chief Editor (Ex Jakarta Post Senior Editor during the Bali Bombings and ex US Marine Corps NCO)

Glen Clancy: Investigative Reporter (Producer of FOOLMETWICETHEMOVIE)

Lloyd T Vance Investigative Reporter (Co -Producer of the Ozboyfiles)

Steve Johnson Investigative Reporter (Producer of the Truth about Bali video series)

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

www.myspace.com/disco_destroyer
outsider

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:19 am    Post subject: Ozboy Bali videos Reply with quote

This is the main Ozboy site, but I can't find how to access the videos from it; however, the 'loveforlife' site below has them. A handfull of you may have seen parts one and two of the videos at the YMCA showing, where 'Fool Me Twice' was shown:

http://ozboyfile.realrepublic.com/info.htm

Here are parts 1 - 4 of the 'Ozboy Files' Bali bombing videos; there will be further video parts, but they are not available yet. They are very good, as is the whole site:

http://www.loveforlife.com.au/node/3482

Last edited by outsider on Thu May 07, 2009 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
outsider

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Bali bombing Reply with quote

There is very important info and videos on Bali bombing on the 'Ozboy File'; I've posted link on the 'Campaigning' Forum, here is the link:

Though I have already put this on the 'Campaigning' site, as disco_destroyer already had some info on Bali there, I believe the info and videos are tremendously important, so I've put the 'Campaigning' link here, to bring more people's attention to it:

http://www.911forum.org.uk/board/viewtopic.php?t=15137&highlight=bali

Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Former Australian intelligence officer faces jail over Bali bombing documents By Mike Head 05 May 2009 A former Australian intelligence official and his co-tenant face up to two years jail after being convicted last month of leaking classified documents relating to the October 2002 terrorist bomb blasts on the Indonesian resort island of Bali... After a two-week trial in the ACT Supreme Court last week, ex-Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (ASIO) officer James Sievers was found guilty of communicating information he had obtained as an ASIO employee, and his former housemate Francis O’Ryan was convicted of aiding and abetting him. Sievers and O’Ryan were convicted of sending to the Australian newspaper in October 2004 three ASIO documents showing that Australian authorities were warned by their US intelligence partners two weeks before the Bali bombings that an Al Qaeda-linked group was planning attacks on "sin spots" and "nightclubs".
http://www.wsws.org/articles/2009/may2009/bali-m05.shtml
http://www.legitgov.org/

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link

TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man behind Bali bombing dies in police shoot-out
Indonesian officials say al-Qa'ida's leader in South-east Asia is killed in 16-hour siege
By Irwan Firdaus in Beji, Indonesia
Sunday, 9 August 2009
Noordin Mohammad Top, south-east Asia's most wanted terror suspect, who is believed to be behind the Bali nightclub bombing, is reported to have been killed during a 16-hour siege on a suspected militant hide-out that ended yesterday when police stormed the house.
Local TV stations reported that the body of Top, who is blamed for last month's attacks on two US hotels in the capital, Jakarta, was found in a house in a rice-growing village in central Java province after a lengthy bomb and gun battle. A police spokesman said officers at the scene had information that up to four militants were inside the house, including Top. Officers said the body, found in the bathroom of the house, would be identified by DNA tests........
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/australasia/man-behind-bali-bo mbing-dies-in-police-shootout-1769712.html

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets keep this thread on the topic of exposing the real Bali bombers eh Wink
Exposing the Australian government's lies about the East Timor massacres, the cover-up of the Bali bombings (including '93 WTC attack) and subsequent anti-terror legislation forced through parliament.
Official Website: http://www.myspace.com/foolmetwicethemovie
See German version: http://www.viddler.com/explore/GamlGandalf/videos/3/

Link

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4135706276167925924

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
Thermate911
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-writing history, Mr Gosling?

Tut, tut.

Doesn't change the facts at all - just your perception of them.

Keep it nice and tidy, eh? No blood, bone and gristle splattering here, please, we're Bwitish.

Time for a new 9/11 site, methinks, as this one has demonstrably atrophied.

Gatekeeper Gosling wrote:
Lets keep this thread on the topic of exposing the real Bali bombers eh

Oh sure, but just without a key reporter in the affair, hmm?

God help the cause of Truth & Justice because you sure ain't doing either any favours.

"Timely Demise to All Oppressors - at their Convenience!" - 'Interesting Times', Terry Pratchett
Andrew.
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having researched more on this and Mr Finnegan. He does state on other reports that many other countries operatives were all ready there. Foreknowledge? Would they have been there anyway or were they specialists ect.?

Also on that report he says about “mini nukes” Does any one have any info on this. Does he mean dirty bomb similar to DU shells ect, why use the word “mini nukes”. Was he duped, has he since then 2008 changed his stance on this. ?

(edit)

Robert S Finnegan Talks To Steve Johnson from southeastasianews

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYEyauZDbD0 10 mins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8_fW0d3glE 8 mins

Last edited by Andrew. on Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Frank Freedom
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Direct link to this excellent far ranging 'Fool Me Twice' video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4135706276167925924

For those who want to use the coding elsewhere.

B

Andrew.
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyGosling wrote:
Lets keep this thread on the topic of exposing the real Bali bombers eh Wink
Exposing the Australian government's lies about the East Timor massacres, the cover-up of the Bali bombings (including '93 WTC attack) and subsequent anti-terror legislation forced through parliament.
Official Website: http://www.myspace.com/foolmetwicethemovie

Some more info, other than just Australia.

http://www.loveforlife.com.au/node/3482
Quote:
Video: The Truth About Bali Bombings

The Bali Bombings were a direct US-Israeli response to the growing Peace marches and Anti War Movement in Australia that was ballooning at an alarming rate after 9-11 and after Bush announced he was waging illegal invasions. It also very quickly secured Indonesia's and Australia's subservience to the US and cemented involvement in the US led War on Terror, and subsequent illegal invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan. It made it much easier and possible for ex Prime Minister John Winston Howard to introduce new Anti-Terror laws being pushed by his Zionist handlers within Australia.

PART ONE: INTRODUCTION: 8 Minutes 37 Seconds - Part One + Two: Que Bono. Who Benefited? The Bali Bombings were a direct US-Israeli response to the growing Peace marches and Anti War Movement in Australia that was ballooning at an alarming rate after 9-11 and after Bush announced he was waging illegal invasions. It also very quickly secured Indonesia's and Australia's subservience to the US and cemented involvement in the US led War on Terror, and subsequent illegal invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan
magalexa
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:41 am    Post subject: US military semtex used Reply with quote

I may be wrong but I am almost sure it was the bali bombing where forensics found the bomb used was US military semtex. May be I'm getting which bombing wrong, i know for sure i saw a news report of a terrorist atrocity after 9/11 where the forensic investigation found traces of US military semtex.
Can anyone confirm which bombing it was?
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indonesia: Bali bomber Noordin Top is dead
Indonesian police have claimed to have killed Noordin Top, the one of the world's most prolific terrorist masterminds.

By Ian MacKinnon in Bangkok
Published: 5:06PM BST 17 Sep 2009

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/indonesia/6202818/Indon esia-Bali-bomber-Noordin-Top-is-dead.html

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: US Embassy terrorising Bali Reply with quote

BBC

Confusion over Bali terror warning

Page last updated at 11:09 GMT, Thursday, 31 December 2009

There is confusion over a warning issued by the US embassy in Indonesia of a possible New Year's Eve terror attack on the resort island of Bali.

On its website, the US embassy quoted the island's governor as saying there was an "indication" of an attack.

However a spokesman from the governor's office told Reuters news agency the governor had made no such statement.

Several bombings have targeted Westerners in Bali, with more than 200 killed in attacks in 2002 and 2005.

The US embassy warning quoted a message from the Bali governor, Mangku Pastika, who said that there was an "indication" of an attack on Bali on Thursday night.

The message added that people should not panic, but that security systems should be put on "full alert".

But Putu Suardika, head of public relations at the office of the Bali governor, denied that such a statement had been made, either in "writing or verbally".

He said that Bali, the scene of bomb attacks in the past, had to remain "on alert".

Threat 'unclear'

Correspondents say that embassies routinely make these kinds of warnings at times of the year when large numbers of Westerners are likely to be gathering.

Analysts in Jakarta, independent of the diplomatic corps, said they believed the sourcing of the threat appeared to be very unclear.

The British Foreign Office has said that it is in close contact with the Indonesian authorities, but is "not aware of a specific credible threat to UK interests".

It added that "British citizens should continue to be guided by our existing travel advice and monitor the UK in Indonesia website for any further developments".

Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The warning:

Bali Warning

U.S. Embassy Jakarta

U.S. Consulate General Surabaya

U.S. Consulate Medan

Warden Message: Bali Warning

December 31, 2009

The Bali Tourism Board widely distributed this message: "The Governor of Bali Mr. Mangku Pastika wishes to share a message with all of us: ‘There is an indication of an attack to Bali tonight,' but please don't panic, but put your security system to full alert." This message is shared verbatim for your information. The safety and security recommendations in our Consular Information Sheet, quoted below, remain valid.

"Indonesian police and security forces take active measures against both ongoing threats posed by terrorist cells, including Jemaah Islamiyah (JI), a U.S. government-designated terrorist organization that carried out several bombings at various times from 2002 to 2009 and outbreaks of violence elsewhere. While Indonesia's counterterrorism efforts have been ongoing and partly successful, violent elements have demonstrated a willingness and ability to carry out deadly attacks with little or no warning. Most recently, in November 2009, unknown assailants shot at foreigners in Banda Aceh, North Sumatra, an area that was devastated by the 2004 tsunami and the scene of a long-running separatist conflict that ended in 2005. The gunfire wounded a European development worker. A house occupied by U.S. citizen teachers was targeted and hit by gunfire, but there were no U.S. citizen casualties. In July 2009, attacks by armed assailants in Papua resulted in several deaths, including security personnel and one Australian national. Also in July, suspected JI elements bombed two Western hotels in Jakarta, killing nine Indonesians and foreigners and injuring over 50, including six U.S. citizens. U.S. citizens in Indonesia must be physically and mentally prepared to cope with future attacks even as they go about their normal daily routines.

Extremists may target both official and private interests, including hotels, clubs and shopping centers. While it may be difficult to modify one's behavior to counter risks in a country where places in which U.S. citizens and other Westerners must congregate to live and work are well known and few in number, it is also extremely necessary. In their work and daily living activities, and while traveling, U.S. citizens should be vigilant and prudent at all times. We urge U.S. citizens to monitor local news reports, vary their routes and times, and maintain a low profile. U.S. citizens must consider the security and safety preparedness of hotels, residences, restaurants, and entertainment or recreation venues that they frequent."

Americans living and traveling in Indonesia are urged to register and update their contact information with the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta, U.S. Consulate General in Surabaya, U.S. Consulate Medan or U.S. Consular Agency in Bali. Registration facilitates the U.S. Mission's contact with Americans in emergency situations, and may be done on line and in advance of travel. Information on registering can be found at the U.S. Department of State's Consular Affairs website at http://travelregistration.state.gov and at the Embassy's website at http://jakarta.usembassy.gov. All Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, Worldwide Cautions, and recent warden messages are posted on the Embassy website.

For the latest security information, Americans living and traveling abroad should regularly monitor the Department's Bureau of Consular Affairs Internet web site at http://travel.state.gov , where the current Worldwide Caution, Travel Alerts, Travel Warnings, and health-information resources can be found. Up-to-date information on security can also be obtained by calling 1-888-407-4747 toll free in the U.S. and Canada, or, for callers outside the U.S. and Canada, a regular toll line at 1-202-501-4444. These numbers are available from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).

The Embassy is located at Jalan Medan Merdeka Selatan No. 4-5, Jakarta; the 24-hour telephone number is 62-21-3435-9000. The telephone number of the U.S. Consulate General in Surabaya is 62-31-295-6400; the number for the U.S. Consulate in Medan is 62-61-451-9000; the number for the U.S. Consular Agency in Bali is 62-361-233-605.

http://surabaya.usconsulate.gov/wm-20091231.html

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The History Of False Flag Terrorism All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: