FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John Major: Blair had "inadequate" reason for War

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scienceplease 2
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: John Major: Blair had "inadequate" reason for War Reply with quote

Quote:
Sir John Major criticises Tony Blair over Iraq war

Former Prime Minister Sir John Major has criticised Tony Blair's handling of the Iraq war and his presentation of the case for invasion in March 2003.

Sir John said he had reluctantly backed the war because he believed what Mr Blair had said as prime minister.

But now, he said, big questions had been raised by the unfolding evidence to the Chilcott Inquiry into the war.

He told the BBC the argument that Saddam Hussein was a bad man and must be removed was an "inadequate" one.

Sir John said it now seemed there were doubts before the invasion about whether there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

In an interview with BBC Radio 4's Today programme, he said he wanted to know whether the cabinet had known about those doubts.

He said: "I had myself been prime minister in the first Gulf War, and I knew when I said something I was utterly certain that it was correct, and I said less than I knew. There are many bad men around the world who run countries and we don't topple them"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8437422.stm
Husq
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be the same John Major who is part of The Carlyle Group.
"Soon after the year 2000 has been written, a law will go forth from America whose purpose will be to suppress all individual thinking. This will not be the wording of the law, but it will be the intent" Rudolf Steiner: Gegenwärtiges und Vergangenes in Menschengeiste (The Present and the Past in the Human Spirit)
Pugwash
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sir John said he had reluctantly backed the war because he believed what Mr Blair had said as prime minister.

I don't by this argument from any politician from any party, belief has no part in party politics - only loyalty (or otherwise) to the party leadership.

scienceplease 2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugwash wrote:
Quote:

I don't buy this argument from any politician from any party, belief has no part in party politics - only loyalty (or otherwise) to the party leadership.

Yes, some interesting politicking going on...

Rolling Eyes
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, of course.
Did he happen to mention in the interview how much money his company has made out of the War Of Terror? Maybe the figure slipped his mind? Or maybe Major is just a slippery little fascist playing the system and wheeled out when requested by Cameron's city backers?
Husq wrote:
That would be the same John Major who is part of The Carlyle Group.

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know a show trial is being formulated to ensure the real criminals get away scot free Mad

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

www.myspace.com/disco_destroyer
fish5133
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disco_Destroyer wrote:
You know a show trial is being formulated to ensure the real criminals get away scot free Mad

The hopeful option is that someone will get nailed and it will act as the "moral" reason for a withdrawal from Afghanistan. But thats about as hopeful as Reading winning the FA Cup (ouch)

scubadiver
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish5133 wrote:
Disco_Destroyer wrote:

The hopeful option is that someone will get nailed and it will act as the "moral" reason for a withdrawal from Afghanistan. But thats about as hopeful as Reading winning the FA Cup (ouch)

If they can beat Liverpool they can beat Burnley (and I'm a Reading fan!)

Laughing

fish5133
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scubadiver wrote:
fish5133 wrote:
Disco_Destroyer wrote:

If they can beat Liverpool they can beat Burnley (and I'm a Reading fan!)

Laughing

Well done Reading. I used to go to anfield years ago but when prices got to rip off proportions it was time to watch my local team Tranmere and had some exciting times there under Aldridge and my only trip to Wembley. The dejection of Liverpool getting beat these days doesnt last that long and there is always a pleasing aspect to any underdog winning. Embarassed Rolling Eyes

TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Blair warned of the growing threat of Islamic extremism in a speech to Bloomberg in London on the state of politics in the Middle East on Wednesday. Here, mashup artist Cassetteboy edits the former prime minister-turned-peace-envoy's speech and imagines what Blair was really trying to say
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2014/apr/25/tony-blair-casse tteboy-video-mashup-bloomberg-speech

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: