FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New York's 9/11 Police Chief Thrown In Jail

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scienceplease 2
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: New York's 9/11 Police Chief Thrown In Jail Reply with quote

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/6404860/New -York-911-hero-police-chief-jailed.html

Quote:
He has become the first police chief in the city's history to be thrown into jail.

In a hearing in White Plains, New York, Judge Stephen Robinson said he was revoking the $500,000 bail granted to Kerik, 54, who led the police under the previous administration of then-mayor Rudolph Giuliani.

Kerik abused confidential evidence in the case, Robert Hadad, spokesman for the district attorney's office, said.

"The government made a motion to revoke his bail. After a three-and-a-half hour hearing, the judge agreed to revoke the bail in order for him be sent to jail," Mr Hadad said.

The former police chief faces 142 years in jail and fines of almost five million dollars if convicted on all the charges.

Kerik is accused of secretly accepting more than $250,000 in renovations to his apartment from a construction firm with suspected mafia ties while he was Corrections Department commissioner under Giuliani.

Kerik, who pleaded guilty in a state court last year to accepting the work, is also accused of not declaring a total of $236,000 in rent he received on an luxury apartment in New York's posh Upper East Side.

Other payments allegedly not declared include a total of $100,000 received from a software company and a book publisher.

He is also accused of making false statements at the time he was being considered as head of the US Department of Homeland Security in 2004.

His trial was scheduled for October 26.

Kerik, who once served as Giuliani's chauffeur and bodyguard, rose through the ranks of the police department to become police commissioner, enjoying hero status in the wake of the September 11, 2001 attacks.

He went on to help train Iraq's fledgling police force after the US-led invasion in 2003.
fish5133
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is he being set up is the question. What does he know?
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or is the culture of impunity crumbling?
Difficult to tell.

http://www.radio4all.net/files/anonymous@radio4all.net/16-1-mixdown241 009.mp3

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
scienceplease 2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish5133 wrote:
Is he being set up is the question. What does he know?

I think this says it all:

"Kerik, who once served as Giuliani's chauffeur and bodyguard, rose through the ranks of the police department..."

If you have "an edge" and a guardian angel helping you to the top... eventually brought down by going outside the limits of his "protection", perhaps.
scienceplease 2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8345292.stm

Quote:
Ex-NY police chief Kerik guilty

Bernard Kerik lied while being vetted for the post of homeland security chief

Former New York City police chief Bernard Kerik has pleaded guilty to lying to the White House, tax evasion and corruption charges, in a plea deal.

Mr Kerik, who was police commissioner at the time of the 9/11 attacks, had been due to stand trial next week.

He had his bail revoked two weeks ago for passing on secret pre-trial documents and has been in prison since.

He made false statements to the White House in 2004 while being considered for a job as homeland security chief.

Mr Kerik made his eight guilty pleas at a court in White Plains, New York state.

The admissions are part of a plea bargain designed to resolve three pending criminal trials on 15 federal counts. Mr Kerik had previously denied all charges.

He faces sentencing in February next year.

In court, Judge Stephen Robinson warned Mr Kerik that he could face up to 61 years in prison for the offences to which he was pleading guilty.

Under the plea bargain, the prosecution has suggested the former police commissioner be sentenced to between 27 and 33 months in jail.
fish5133
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

61 years OR 27 to 33 months for pleading guilty. Wow great legal system.
Perhaps if Tony Blair pleads guilty to war crimes he will get the EU presidency instead of the hangmans noose.

chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish5133 wrote:
61 years OR 27 to 33 months for pleading guilty. Wow great legal system.
Perhaps if Tony Blair pleads guilty to war crimes he will get the EU presidency instead of the hangmans noose.

Although it should be recalled that nobody has been hanged in the UK since 1964.

Which I'm all in favour of, given that transmigration of souls is a possibility, then confine rather than kill seems a wise policy to me, if nobody else.

It's them or us.
GodSaveTheTeam

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd agree, confinement rather than the "easy way out" would seem preferable for the likes of Bliar.

But not in your standard jail. I'd like to see them locked up in a Zoo or Big Brother House like set up.

The sound of torture victims could be piped in, or the Birdie Song on a 24 hour loop. Everyone could have access to the intercom from home and take it in turns to give ol' Tone a piece of their mind.

I'd like a chance to pitch up with "testing one two one two...ok Mr Blair you're in for a special treat, I know you're gonna like this, it's little Johnny with his brand new Fender Strat cranked up to 11 just for you. Unfortunatley you wont be giving him any tips...no one will. Ever. Take it away little Johnnyyyy!!!"

scienceplease 2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only was the Police Chief corrupt but also the clean up contractors

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/localsports/ci_13869444

Quote:
Bribe case over WTC asbestos cleanup nears end

NEW YORK (AP) -- As New York struggled to recover from the Sept. 11 terror attacks, an asbestos-cleanup company saw an opportunity for easy money, prosecutors said.

The firm illegally milked tens of thousands of dollars from the World Trade Center cleanup by padding its payroll with no-show workers and bribing public officials, among other scams, prosecutors said when they unveiled a racketeering indictment against 17 people.

Now, nearly five years later, the first trial stemming from the sprawling case is wrapping up, with a Manhattan jury expected to begin deliberations Monday. Ten other people have pleaded guilty.

On trial are Anthony Fontanetta and Mark Jakubek, who worked for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, the government agency that owns the trade center site.

Jakubek was hailed for his heroism in helping save people trapped in an elevator during the terror attacks. He also pleaded guilty in a separate, federal bribery case in 2003.

In the current case, he and Fontanetta are accused of taking sports and concert tickets and other bribes to let Specialty Service Contracting Inc. overbill for work at John F. Kennedy International Airport and on trade center artifacts.

Hired in February 2002 to clean up crushed police cars, pieces of steel and other objects recovered from the destroyed twin towers, the company larded its government-paid bills with ghost workers and inflated equipment expenses, the Manhattan district
Advertisement
attorney's office said. One of the no-shows was behind bars on a burglary arrest on a day he was listed as working, prosecutors said.

The trade center artifacts cleanup contract "was as corrupt as any other you'll ever see," Assistant District Attorney Daniel K. Healy told jurors in his closing argument Wednesday.

In return, Jakubek and Fontanetta got rewards including tickets to New York Knicks games, use of a Poconos vacation home and a job for Fontanetta's son, according to prosecutors.

Defense lawyers say Fontanetta, an engineer, and Jakubek, a field operations manager, didn't know about the billing practices.

"This case has no bearing on anything that they were responsible for," Jakubek's lawyer, Glenn R. Abolafia, told jurors in his closing argument.

Fontanetta's lawyer said any gifts his client accepted were "a handful of gratuities" that didn't influence his conduct.

"Are those things going to make you commit felonies?" the attorney, Mark A. Macron, said in his summation. "What's called a bribe here is a joke."

The trial has unfolded over nearly two months, giving jurors a detailed account of an investigation that began before the terror attacks and entailed the use of wiretaps and even the language skills of a Polish-speaking Port Authority police officer.

In March 2000, Port Authority inspector general Robert Van Etten started investigating a company called Comprehensive Environmental of New York Inc., which had a contract to deal with any asbestos problems that cropped up during construction at Kennedy.

The probe turned up a convicted fraudster among the company principals and overbilling for time and materials, prosecutors said. But the records were destroyed, along with the Port Authority's World Trade Center offices, in the terror attack.

The company took advantage of the tragedy by reconstituting itself as Specialty Service Contracting, disguising the fact that the same owners were involved, prosecutors said. They said the firm continued to get Port Authority work and overbill for it, stealing more than $60,000 through the ground zero cleanup project and millions of dollars overall.

"It was unfortunate that anyone was taking advantage of the World Trade Center disaster to line their pockets," Van Etten said when the indictment was announced.

Prosecutors said Specialty Service Contracting also ran other schemes, such as deceiving city environmental officials about cleanup work in a privately owned building at 450 W. 33rd St., which houses The Associated Press' headquarters.
outsider

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Ex NY Police Commissioner sentenced to 4 years Reply with quote

Po-lice Commisoiner of NY, hailed as a 'Hero' after 9/11, (friend of Giuliani; nodding aquantaince of Silverstein???) goes down.
Wonder what bitchisms are going down here? What's going on?
Not a lot, I suspect. Still, it's of interest:

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2010/02/18/us/AP-US-Kerik-Investigatio n.html?_r=1&emc=na

scienceplease 2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed...

Earlier details of this case covered here:

http://www.911forum.org.uk/board/viewtopic.php?p=142364

The shocking bit is this guy's relationship to Guillani
outsider

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I inadvertantly started a new thread on this topic.

Here is update:

Po-lice Commisoiner of NY, hailed as a 'Hero' after 9/11, (friend of Giuliani; nodding aquantaince of Silverstein???) goes down.
Wonder what bitchisms are going down here? What's going on?
Not a lot, I suspect. Still, it's of interest:

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2010/02/18/us/AP-US-Kerik-Investigatio n.html?_r=1&emc=na

outsider

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I didn't realise subject had been posted; I've transferred info to old post.
scienceplease 2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

outsider wrote:
Sorry, I didn't realise subject had been posted; I've transferred info to old post.

No probs. Guillani also has links with firms doing the clear up including the firm doing DNA analysis....
jazds

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring back the treason laws!

If nothing else Blair will * his pants if he is ever indited for war crimes, treason and state sponsored murder!
Thermate911
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outsider wrote:
What's going on?
Not a lot, I suspect.

More than you might think if you're prepared to take the Mafia aspect seriously enough. In this respect, Kerik was a red flag right from the word GO.

So was Kiley, way before 7/7...

His story starts here:-
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/kiley-subway-rescue-rub bished-by-prescott-681430.html

@jadz - Bliar's demeanor at Chilcott implies otherwise - he'm protected

"Timely Demise to All Oppressors - at their Convenience!" - 'Interesting Times', Terry Pratchett
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: