FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Twin towers design query

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mal Jones
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Twin towers design query Reply with quote

Hi All

I have been reading through an MIT report that JREF pointed me to in Critic's Corner and in one section, refering to the design of the twin towers, the authors state:

"This shape allows the building not only to withstand wind loads, but 'reportedly' also a collision with a large commercial airplane flying at lower speed. The validity of the latter claim is questioned in this article."

Since getting into this 9/11 malarkey I have always taken it as an article of faith that the towers had been built with aircraft impact in mind and, though it doesn't affect one iota my doubts about the actual collapse, I would appreciate it if someone could point me towards any info on the design criteria so that I can clear this up.

Thanks
Mal
dodgy
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a wee bit here: http://911research.wtc7.net/wtc/analysis/design.html
Smile
Mal Jones
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one, Dodgy - I'll check it out.

Cheers
Mal
James C
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mal,

There was an interesting radio interview with Aaron Swirski, one of the architects of the WTC, recorded on 9/11. He confirms that the buildings were designed to withstand a plane impact. He also describes the fact that the twin towers were designed to act like pipes; "make a hole in a pipe and the entire pipe doesn't collapse", he says.

Radio clip here - click on link
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: