FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

US Policy: Unending War

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kbo234
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: US Policy: Unending War Reply with quote

In a Meet the Press interview televised on March 2, 2003, Richard Perle was asked about the Bush administration’s policy toward Iraq. Perle gave this reply: “If the whole world were democratic, we’d live in a much safer international security system, because democracies do not wage aggressive wars.”[i] His associate, Michael Ledeen, asserts that “Every ten years or so, the United States needs to pick up some crappy little country and throw it against the wall, just to show the world that we mean business.”[ii] Likewise, in an interview with Ted Koppel, William Kristol, cofounder of PNAC (along with Perle, Ledeen, Wolfowitz, Cheney, and Rumsfeld), justified the policy of invading Iraq by saying, “This is a bold and ambitious American foreign policy. I think it’s right for us and right for the world.”[iii] Another important perspective is voiced in a lengthy essay by Major Ralph Peters, which can be summed up in one statement: “There will be no peace. The de facto role of the US armed forces will be to keep the world safe for our economy, and open to our cultural assault. To those ends, we will do a fair amount of killing.”[iv]

Outrageous in their arrogance, these quotes represent a euphoria descended from power and propelled through the cohesive and expanding self-reinforcing and self-congratulatory nature of elite negative-activist circles, wherein the motivation is not democracy, domination through force, geostrategic primacy, or even oil in and of itself. The motivating force common in all similar pursuits of empire is money and the maintenance of lucrative power. A natural product of escalating corruption in an almost totally unchecked government system is the merging of corporate, military, and administrative forces. When these spheres are dominated by negative-activist minority circles, and their deeds are disguised as acts of goodness, liberation, and protection, the total abuse of power becomes possible, if not inevitable. The majority (“the people”) in such a “democracy” is irrelevant, except as workers, soldiers, and voters to equip, expand, and legitimize “democracy’s” imperial conquests for money and the maintenance of lucrative power under the fearful illusion of external threats.

Massive popular demand for change through positive activism will recognize in this challenge its natural allies: that nearly every nation on Earth deplores America’s tyrannical government, that the majority of Americans are good people who simply require a unified and empowering awakening, and that the planet’s increasing rejection of empire’s impact puts Earth itself on our side as the awakening device.

So many creation myths and belief systems talk of a transformation, a judgment day, a rapture, whereupon we are judged—or perhaps collectively challenge ourselves through a forced awareness of the full scope of a natural cosmic progression toward positive activism. Mainstream television now speaks of scientists in ninety-nine percent agreement that humans have caused climate change and that the consequences may be unstoppable and ultimately fatal if not urgently addressed within ten years. This presents a collectively physical and inner-self-tasking chasm of the most transformative kind. How we shall respond, whether miserably or magnificently, may depend not on our idea of human nature (wherein that “nature” has been to date contaminated by a minority), but on the ability of the majority to think ahead and take the positive-activist and adaptive leap of faith forward. Time will tell, but one thing is certain: if our minds do not change, our fate is sealed—and this vortex toward cataclysm is wholly capable of changing minds in a hurry.

What appears random may be anything but random as we collectively recognize the need for, prepare for, and execute the necessarily humbling measures for a leap across the chasm from dark uncertainty to an enlightened existence, changing entirely the connotation of “intelligence,” from the negative-activist “gathering of secret information about an enemy,” to its primary meaning, the positive-activist “ability to use memory, knowledge, experience, understanding, reasoning, imagination, and judgment in order to solve problems and adapt to new situations.”[v]

[i] Richard Perle, interview by Tim Russert, Meet the Press [http://www.antiwar.com/justin/j022603.html], 2 March 2003.

[ii] Michael Ledeen, quoted by Ervand Abrahamian in “Empire Strikes Back: Iran in US Sights,” Inventing the Axis of Evil (New York: The New Press, 2004), p. 93.

[iii] ABC Nightline, “Tonight, ‘The Plan,’ how one group and its blueprint have brought us to the brink of war,” entire script at [http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/ThePlan.htm], 5 March 2003.

[iv] Ralph Peters, “Constant Conflict: a look behind the philosophy and practice of the US push for domination of the world’s economy and culture.” (US Army War College: Parameters, Summer 1997, pp. 4-14), [http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article3011.htm]. At the time he wrote this article, Major Ralph Peters was assigned to the Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff for Intelligence, where he was responsible for future warfare. Prior to becoming a Foreign Area Officer for Eurasia, he served exclusively at the tactical level. Peters is a graduate of the US Army Command and General Staff College, and holds a masters degree in international relations. Over the past several years, his professional and personal research travels have taken Peters to Russia, Ukraine, Georgia, Ossetia, Abkhazia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Croatia, Serbia, Bulgaria, Romania, Poland, Hungary, the Czech Republic, Pakistan, Turkey, Burma, Laos, Thailand, and Mexico, as well as the countries of the Andean Ridge.

[v] 21st Century Dictionary (Edinburgh: Chambers, 1996), p. 706.

(From "The War on Terror Exposed: Sins of Statecraft, Theories on Militarism, and Prospects for Transformation," Brian Bogart, July 26, 2006)
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Profound post kbo234.

Distilled information from the mouths of men.

What is it that they want ?

I used to make jokes about comic strip characters, you know the ones that always used to proclaim in cartoons that they wanted to rule the world.

I used to joke that I thought some folk have been influenced by these cartoons.

I used to think I was right too. Somewhere on some level I knew I was right.

But I delivered it as a funny thing, something that we could all identify with, a pastiche of cartoon land. People laughed.

I thought that it explained these mad fools that did what they did because that was the only reasoning I could apply.

It made sense to me. I thought I was onto something.

It was a result of their influences, probably as children, they wanted to rule the world because they had seen it in cartoons.

I have matured a little since then.

Only, my earlier throw away insights seem to more appropriate than ever.

My earlier imagination couldn't conceive of a more non human, anti human world.

The cartoons had corrupted these men. It couldn't ever get to that. This was after all, cartoon world.

This was when I was blind, deaf and effectively dumb, and too young to know anything.

Yet my intuition fuelled my reasoning.

Today, in this world, with these men, it seems I am living in that cartoon world.

So, what is it they desire?

What is it they are not happy with?

Why do they strive so harshly?

What do they hope to achieve?

I reasoned, they are scared. Scared of dying. Scared of going down without a trace. So, it was easy to think they must make something of themselves, before they die.

But they will die anyway, so why the fuss.

Why the power, the money, the rush to be someone.

Is that it?

Is that the reason, that they are going to die anyway and they must therefore be written in history.

If it is, I would reason that my flippant cartoon paradigm still holds fast.

I have no other framework to set this in.

kbo234
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be as good a paradigm as any. There is something inexplicable to the ordinary person about individuals who seriously pursue money and power. There is an arrogance....a spiritual stupidity......a carelessness for the fate of others that defies our best efforts at empathic insight.

Personally, I don't really get it ( the wilful degeneracy, I mean).

Who can understand the type of collective mindset that is capable of treating a whole people, the Palestinians, so inhumanly. Who can understand the Nazi atrocities against the Jews? Does one crime beget another. What happened to the Germans to so debase them? Etc...

However, we can look at the most powerful group on earth. The financiers who create the money for and, therefore, control nearly all western governments. The actions of this group are discernable. There are long established patterns whereby their influence over world affairs is ever-increasing from a small local influence in Southern Germany in 1760 to control of most of the world's currencies today. This group have manufactured their progress by, amongst other things, causing financial crashes and creating wars. The fate of ordinary humans is of little interest to them.

However, as to the mind of the powerful here are some quotes from men who seem to know a thing or two:

A prevailing truth was expressed by US President John Adams two centuries ago: "Power always thinks it has a great soul and vast views beyond the comprehension of the weak." That is the deep root of the combination of savagery and self-righteousness that infects the imperial mentality — and in some measure, every structure of authority and domination."

“There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible
evil of evil men.”
-- Edmund Burke

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let
us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second
will not become the legalized version of the first."
Thomas Jefferson

"Since I entered politics, I have chiefly had men's views confided to me privately. Some of the biggest men in the United States, in the Field of commerce and manufacture, are afraid of something. They know that there is a power somewhere so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it." Woodrow Wilson, The New Freedom (1913)
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do understand that there has always been different groups.

What I find impossible to rationalise is what exactly do the individuals within the groups want to achieve ?

Longevity and posterity ?

Where is the imperative for them to fight ?

Where is the imperative born and how ?

Fear, we undestand, is the great motivator.

So, is this a never ending loop of fear driven anxiety ?

I / my country / my creed will become someone at the expense of you ?

And then I will die.

So with all these useless tokens I have achieved something ?

Is that it ?
kbo234
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Gobell wrote:
I do understand that there has always been different groups.

What I find impossible to rationalise is what exactly do the individuals within the groups want to achieve ?

Longevity and posterity ?

Where is the imperative for them to fight ?

Where is the imperative born and how ?

Fear, we undestand, is the great motivator.

So, is this a never ending loop of fear driven anxiety ?

I / my country / my creed will become someone at the expense of you ?

And then I will die.

So with all these useless tokens I have achieved something ?

Is that it ?

You should get Ian Crane's take on this, or Henry Makow's (www.savethemales.ca). I have my own ideas but have resolved not to post any more God/Satan stuff. It quickly turns into pointless rubbish....however, to the people involved, their belief systems are absolutely key to their modus operandi and why they do what they do.
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read Ian Crane, I read Henry Makow, I read.

I have a problem with man's obsession with power.

It seems to me to be the same as the last piece of cake on the plate.

Either you get it or I get it.

And the last piece of cake defines my existence.

So, I ask how did they grow up like this ?

How did thier mothers and fathers alllow or promote this evolution ?

I cannot see it.
Wokeman
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark,
While you are thinking (obviously deeply about these matters, important as it is) people are being quite deliberately murdered in their thousands. Time is running out, especially for the Palestinians. Israel today bombed an international Red Cross ambulance, with a well-placed rocket through its roof. The pilot clearly saw the ambulance and chose to target it. Don't tell me otherwise. There is no excuse for that. No claim can be made that it was done by Hamas, although, I believe however, if there had not been witnesses that would have been alleged,
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I say I cannot see it, I mean I cannot see the need for this imperative "I wanna be the biggest meanest monster the world has ever known".

Israel's objectives are clear for all to see.

The world's silence on Israel's agression is clear.

Israel won't be satisifed until the Biblical Israel is restored.

The world's leaders are in thrall to Israel.

I cannot see the need.

Men are addicted to power and money.

Why ?

What for ?

You can only spend so much in a lifetime ?

If one group had all of the wealth and power what would they do next ?

That's the point I have never been able to comprehend.

[Edited to add this]

The other bit I don't get is this.

We all know that 9/11 was the pretext for this new everlasting war, but why was it necessary ?

Why don't they just launch their war anyway ?

I mean the world's opinion of them would be worse than it is now but how would that impact the USA.

I cannot see the money men suddenly jumping to some moral high ground and ruining the US economy in retaliation.

Am I missing something ?

Why doesn't Israel just nuke all of it's enemies ?

What would happen ?

Last edited by Mark Gobell on Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:01 am; edited 2 times in total
scubadiver
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark,

I think i see where you are coming from but in what context are you placing your thoughts?
kbo234
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Gobell wrote:
If one group had all of the wealth and power what would they do next ?

The kind of people who get into such a position are devils. It is our human inclination to tend to assume that everyone around us thinks and perceives as we do. They would attack and persecute potential rivals. That is what they would do....and if no such rivals existed they would imagine them and persecute people anyway to demonstrate the consequences of 'getting the wrong ideas'.

Mark Gobell wrote:
Why doesn't Israel just nuke all of it's enemies ?

Don't speak too soon
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose that once these madmen have enough power, wealth and control the only thing left for thm to do is war.

I mean you cannot spend billions conventionally can you. Even if you did, you would be adding more and more corporations, countries and land to your pot, so what's next after that ?

And if you just leave it in the bank to finance your empire for millenia after you have gone, I guess just sitting around twiddling your thumbs waiting for your end in a self satisfied glow of achievement just doesn't cut it with these people.

This leads me to one place only, hence my original post.

I want to rule the world.
Leiff

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kbo234 said:
'...and if no such rivals existed they would...'

... they would create false flag operations to provide the excuse to persecute and attack anyway, just like they have done many times before.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: