FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Volcanic ash from Iceland grounds all UK air flights lol
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Volcanic Ash cloud has reached a height of 55 thousand feet or nearly 17000 metres
http://www.euronews.net/2010/04/15/uk-flights-grounded-by-cloud-of-vol canic-ash/

Eruption was three weeks ago!!!
UK airspace closed from 12 noon until 12 midnight
Why not just restrict flights to 10,000 feet????

Is this some sort of exercise??

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
Frank Freedom
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's much repeating about volcanic plume damaging a jet that flew through one years ago,close to the source.I'm obviously no scientist Wink but I would have thought this dust cloud would not be concentrated enough this far away to damage anything?
So an excercise of some sort it could very well be.One thought I have is they may state after this massive grounding campaign due to "flight safety",they may at a later time state this plume from the volcano was not as bad as feared, but due to the grounding air pollution levels decreased by a huge amount.This finding could forward the policy of stopping a great deal of "unnecessary" flights due to global pollution,thus keeping folks from travelling around too much.
I think that's yet another globalist aim anyway,unless I dreamt that one?

TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a fascinating thread
By many of those in the know

Ash clouds threaten air traffic
http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/412103-ash-clouds-threaten-air-traf fic.html

"It isn't expected to pose any risk to public health" ITN News

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/

Last edited by TonyGosling on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
conspiracy analyst
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great find Tony spent some time reading it...

We have two types of emergencies nowadays
'terrorism' and 'climate change'...

They rotate accordingly shutting down transport networks during holidays to have maximum propaganda effect.

Could be the banksters response to Islands vote on the referendum to not pay em Very Happy

A poster on the forum speaks about an ICAO manual with the following title
"Volcanic Ash, Radioactive Material and Toxic Chemical Clouds"
http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/412103-ash-clouds-threaten-air-traf fic-8.html

Is this getting pilots psychologically prepared for some type of aftermath of a nuclear attack?

http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/412103-ash-clouds-threaten-air-traf fic-12.html

Quote:
I still feel it is an overreaction. Yes, it is unsafe to fly inside a volcanic ashcloud, we've seen the flameouts and damage.
Yes, it is wise to avoid flying into severe concentrations of the stuff and it is wise to have a safety margin.

But a total shutdown of aviation? Without any scientific debate on concentration levels and dispersion?

It is akin to the world wide panic over all sorts of supposedly lethal flu strains that caused nothing more than a ripple in the illness levels, yet caused a lot of stress and a huge strain on health services.

I'm afraid the "better safe than sorry" attitude does not cut it. Because the apparently safe decision may and will have unforeseen aftereffects that may be quite detrimental to safety levels. Like a lack of trust in the next stern warnings. One can only shout "wolf" so often before it becomes ineffective.

Solid particles in the air do nothing to improve engine and component life. But why the panic? Why the shutdown of a large part of airspace? What defines the boundary of safe vs unsafe sky? It is all too fuzzy for my liking, too much "we know what is good for you so don't ask awkward questions".

I am not convinced that it is not a huge overreaction. I would love to be convinced otherwise, but doubt it will happen. We are becoming so docile with the constant war on terror that numbs the mind, takes away liberties and destroys critical thinking that this goes virtually unchallenged..
David Rose
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Volcanic ash from Iceland grounds all UK air flights lol Reply with quote

Anyone buy this bs?

Is this an NWO op to show who's in control? ie:"we can ground all planes and shut down the UK (during an election) if we want to"

??????

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/apr/15/iceland-volcano-ash-flights-g rounded

Volcano chaos as Iceland eruption empties skies in Britain

Airspace from Ireland to Finland closed following eruption of Eyjafjallajokull, which sent plume of ash across flight paths

North-westerly winds continued to blow the eight mile high plume across the continent Link to this video

An unprecedented no-fly zone imposed across Europe following a huge volcanic eruption in Iceland is set to remain in force into the weekend, causing travel chaos for over a million air passengers.

Airspace stretching from Ireland to Finland, including airports in London, Paris, Amsterdam and Brussels, was closed today following the violent eruption of the Eyjafjallajokull volcano in south-east Iceland which sent a plume of ash across some of the world's busiest flight paths.

All UK airspace was closed from noon except for "agreed emergencies". It is likely to stay shut tomorrow, with the force of the eruption showing no sign of abating.

Last night north-westerly winds continued to blow the eight mile high plume across the continent, raising fears that airlines could be grounded for days. One volcanologist said the ash could present intermittent problems to air traffic for six months if the eruption continued. The last time the volcano erupted in 1821, it spewed ash for two years.

The pan-European shutdown affected an estimated 4,000 flights and is the most dramatic step of its kind in living memory. It caused the most international travel chaos since the 11 September attacks on America in 2001.

Airports across France closed tonight following the lead of safety authorities in Ireland, Norway, Sweden, the Netherlands, Belgium, Finland and Denmark. Planes travelling from America to Europe had to turn back over the Atlantic and a jet carrying British forces back from Afghanistan was grounded in Cyprus. The plume is projected to spread east and south over Germany, Poland, the Czech Republic and the Baltic states, as well as parts of Russia.

"We certainly do not think we have over-reacted," a spokesman for the National Air Traffic Service said, prior to extending the total shut down of all UK airports until at least 1pm today. "Safety is our main priority and volcanic ash is a serious threat to aircraft."

In 1982, a British Airways jumbo jet became a giant glider when all four of its engines failed after flying through a volcanic plume over Indonesia. After a terrifying descent, the crew managed to get the engines started, before landing the plane safely in Jakarta.

The Met Office predicted planes will be grounded all day on Friday, while John Swinney, the cabinet secretary in the devolved Scottish government, said the ban on flights is likely to remain in place for "some days". Lord Adonis, the transport secretary, will tomorrow morning meet senior transport officials to consider contingency plans if the current weather situation continues.

The impact of the volcano, which began erupting in the early hours of Wednesday morning, eclipsed the build-up to the leaders' debate in Manchester . Gordon Brown apologised for any disruption caused by the eruption but said "safety is the first and predominate consideration". David Cameron broke off electioneering at a Halifax primary school to say it was "a very worrying and difficult situation".

The ash cloud, almost invisible to the eye, began to spread across Europe on in the early hours of Wednesday before stretching east to northern Norway, Sweden and Finland and south across Scotland and the UK, engulfing Britain totally by Thursday afternoon.

The runways and aprons at Heathrow, normally the world's busiest airport, were becalmed. Manchester airport was almost empty with 75,000 passengers unable to travel.

The eruption of the volcano which had been dormant for 187 years caused devastation in Iceland and civil protection teams had to evacuate around 700 residents when torrents of melt water flowed off the glacier through fields and farms. Day turned to night east of the eruption as thick grey ash fell, leading to fears among farmers for their grazing farm animals.

Geophysicists in Iceland said that the production of ash from Eyjafjallajokull is likely to continue at a comparable level for some days or even weeks.

"Where it disrupts travel depends on the weather," said Einar Kjartansson, a geophysicist at the Icelandic Meteorological Office. "It depends how the wind carries the ash."

John Strickland, director of air transport consultancy JLS Consulting, said the effects on long haul travel could be particularly severe because of Iceland's position on heavily used routes.

Ironically, Reykjavik airport was one of the few European airports to remain open, because the wind direction carried the plume away from the country's capital.
Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I buy it, there was an evacuation report out of Iceland the other day. Can anyone in Scotland confirm dust clouds?

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

www.myspace.com/disco_destroyer
Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone remember if Mt St Helens stopped flights over a wide area?

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

Frank Freedom
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs Up crazydave

I was wondering who would post a new thread on this ridiculous excuse for totally closing down UK airspace,at least Confused

Also mentioned in "other controveries" in the chemtrails thread:

http://www.911forum.org.uk/board/viewtopic.php?t=6847&start=450

Frank Freedom
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disco_Destroyer wrote:
Can anyone remember if Mt St Helens stopped flights over a wide area?

Just what I was thinking DD!

I don't know myself, but I'd doubt anything this drastic occurred.

I stand to be corrected if need be Wink

David Rose
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems like a huge over reaction to me .... therefore some form of false flag but very difficult to work out what is going on . Grounding all UK flights just b4 election is a psyop?
scubadiver
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Airways_Flight_9

Frank Freedom
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One theory of mine: it could be used as a cunning device to reinforce the "stop climate change" message.They can say they tested the air quality during this grounding period and say it was vastly improved,thereby backing up the theory that aircraft massively polute the air,thus stopping ordinary folks from flying around carefree.

Dare call me a ct'er Laughing

I'd like to hear and see some real evidence for this all pervasive plume too?

Frank Freedom
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scubadiver wrote:
FYI

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Airways_Flight_9

Already saw him on the "news" enforcing this story with the huge dark masses of newly created volcanic ash and smoke images in the background for reference,thing is how close was he to that?
I'd expect by the time it theoretically arrived down here it would be widely dispursed?

Still,at least it gives the ufologists a better chance of finding something Laughing

Good thread this,few noticed the change-arama involved Laughing

Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea don't worry Pumice wont sit on your lungs like WTC dust rofl

Frank Freedom
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, they're doing this massive grounding cos they care about our safety.

exceptions and excuses:

"They wouldn't do that to us"

"ragheads are savages who care's about them anyway"

"illegal wars apart, the world is over-populated"

Quite civilised really.

Anyone got a pic of the sunset tonight?

one in the early morning would be handy here too.

fish5133
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely clear blue skies for a change up here. No contrails spreading out to obliterate the azure sky.
Someone posted a comment about the plane that was taking aerial photographs of the erupting volcano. seems it was ok to fly right next to the erupting volcano.
Certainly unprecedented and bizarre.

Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceland is a major flight path though, as we all know they cover as much land as posssible in the event of needing an emergency landing. All North American flights go Iceland and on.

David Rose
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The grounding of all European flights is way over the top. So what is going on?

This is my 'guess':

There is going to be a war. Iran will be bombed? The Hezbollah has been given Scuds by Syria. Israel will attack because they cannot live with this?
The Polish President's crash will be proved to be deliberate? Who knows .... but I sense war is coming .... and the 'lock down' of all flights in and out of Europe (which is what is happening) is part of the preparations for war. States are now 'declaring an emergency', moving to martial law and taking control.

Anyone got a better explanation?
jazds

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the first time in history anything this drastic has been done for a natural disaster (9/11 was the only other example of national airspace being closed). So the answer to the question re Mt St Helen's is NO!

The 1971 instance of the boeing flying "OVER" the volcano is a classic! My understanding is the plane flew almost (if not) over the eruption!

In 1821 the same volcano erupted for TWO years! I doubt very much air traffic will be grounded for two years!!!

INTERESTINGLY, The Guardian notes -

"Ironically, Reykjavik airport was one of the few European airports to remain open, because the wind direction carried the plume away from the country's capital".

Wind directions are notoriously subject to change. Yet an airport SO CLOSE to the eruption is staying open! Do they know something we don't?

However, presently the whole of Northern Europe is affected so it just could be they are taking a necessary precaution.

I would like to know what the rule book actually states on this and do they have any weather balloons, etc monitoring just how dangerous the dust clouds are to air trafic?
scienceplease 2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jazds wrote:
This is the first time in history anything this drastic has been done for a natural disaster (9/11 was the only other example of national airspace being closed). So the answer to the question re Mt St Helen's is NO!

Mountain Helen's eruption was predictable - it had been rumbing for months - different type of volcano - the FAA had time to make appropriate re-routes.

jazds wrote:

The 1971 instance of the boeing flying "OVER" the volcano is a classic! My understanding is the plane flew almost (if not) over the eruption!

In 1821 the same volcano erupted for TWO years! I doubt very much air traffic will be grounded for two years!!!

If it erupts for 2 years, the FAA will re-route flights both in direction and heights. The problem is that there is no radar coverage over the Atlantic and safety is managed by having very large areas where the aircraft can fly without crossing the path of other aircraft.

jazds wrote:

INTERESTINGLY, The Guardian notes -
"Ironically, Reykjavik airport was one of the few European airports to remain open, because the wind direction carried the plume away from the country's capital".
Wind directions are notoriously subject to change. Yet an airport SO CLOSE to the eruption is staying open! Do they know something we don't?

Does seem bonkers...

jazds wrote:

However, presently the whole of Northern Europe is affected so it just could be they are taking a necessary precaution.

I would like to know what the rule book actually states on this and do they have any weather balloons, etc monitoring just how dangerous the dust clouds are to air trafic?

Yes. Not only weather ballons but also Met Office Research aircraft

http://www.faam.ac.uk/

However (from their website...)

Quote:
The United Kingdom is currently heavily affected by volcanic ash caused by an eruption at at the Eyjafjallajoekull Glacier in Iceland.
This has had the effect of rendering the United Kingdom closed to all commercial air traffic.
FAAM's BAe-146-301 large Atmospheric Research Aircraft will not be flying to investigate this - primarily because the aircraft is currently on the ground with all instruments removed immediately prior to a repaint.

FAAM staff are working in conjunction with colleagues at the Met Office and at the National Centre for Atmospheric Sciences in trying to assist measurements of the plume - this is in the form of specialist instrumentation normally flown on board the aircraft, and provision to other organisations of specialist advice. This does make us quite busy, and colleagues are asked to be patient if more routine work is delayed a few days.

I'm sure they would have been ready if any of this was planned...
David Rose
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could be deliberate oil and fuel demand destruction due to peak oil and possible new war in the middle east.

NO FLY saves allot of fuel?
Frank Freedom
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speculation is fair comment indeed.Here's another one to go along with my previous idea:

The acceleration of the end of cheap flying due to the economic destruction of the airline companies forcing major merges,ending with
"Victory Airlines" the only state run one left,and way too expensive for the average flyer.

scienceplease 2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank Freedom wrote:
Speculation is fair comment indeed.Here's another one to go along with my previous idea:

The acceleration of the end of cheap flying due to the economic destruction of the airline companies forcing major merges,ending with
"Victory Airlines" the only state run one left,and way too expensive for the average flyer.

As you know, I'm very skeptical of our ability to manage earthquakes (may be possible with nukes) and volcanoes (no known method for doing this) but whether planned or not, Frank's suggested outcome is a likely consequence...
Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they are looking for Polish politicians on the grounded planes. Like its stated all on 1 plane is very odd. Even in Holywood they have decoys :0

Indeed the Polish loss is an act of War so maybe!

Frank Freedom
Mind Gamer
Mind Gamer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scienceplease 2 wrote:
Frank Freedom wrote:

As you know, I'm very skeptical of our ability to manage earthquakes (may be possible with nukes) and volcanoes *(no known method for doing this) but whether planned or not, Frank's suggested outcome is a likely consequence...

*That's probably a key issue here,and for sure I don't know.As you know I wont close my mind off to any of the possibilities,probabilities or
if buts or maybies.I don't care if a thousand signers are used to advance a theory,or a handfull with inarticulate bad hair lady Laughing

So, unless the earth is undergoing some sort of global natural catastrophy
with all these earthquakes,floods,tsunami's,and volcanic eruptions one must consider, I think, all of the scenarios however unlikely,or incredible to one's standard scientific understanding.

Another consequence of the great airline destruction scenario would be more mass unemployment,including the largely middle class flight crews.
Yet another by-product bonus for the great levellers of society.

Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank Freedom wrote:

lol I bet they only fly one way to Freedom Tower Wink

Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Another consequence of the great airline destruction scenario would be more mass unemployment,including the largely middle class flight crews.
Yet another by-product bonus for the great levellers of society.

Don't worry Bruce Dickinson has a back up plan should this happen Very Happy

conspiracy analyst

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plane landed this evening from glasgow airport in iceland.
I copied it in case they erase it....

http://www.kefairport.is/English/Timetables/Arrivals/

Quote:
Flight Nr. From Date Schedule. Time Estimate. Time Status
FI213 Copenhagen 16. Apr 20:55 20:55 Cancelled
FI451 London Heathrow 16. Apr 15:00 21:00 Cancelled
FI205 Copenhagen 16. Apr 15:10 21:00 Cancelled
FI307 Stockholm Arlanda 16. Apr 15:20 21:00 Cancelled
FI521 Frankfurt Main 16. Apr 15:35 21:00 Cancelled
FI543 Paris Charles De Gaulle 16. Apr 15:45 21:00 Cancelled
FI343 Helsinki Vantaa 16. Apr 15:55 21:00 Cancelled
AEU134 Berlin Schoenefeld 16. Apr 23:00 23:00 Cancelled
FI455 London Heathrow 16. Apr 23:10 23:10 Cancelled
FI435 Glasgow 16. Apr 23:20 23:17 Confirm. 23:17
jazds

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently (this is via the Today Programme) the UK is being one of the most cautious Air Traffic Control authorities (no surprise there!) in regards to this volcanic plume. This is causing a lot of consternation with the airlines, who are getting upset with the inconsistent stance of national authorities across Europe.

Maybe this is about EU control of national ATC?

There has been blue sky's all over the Midlands today.

Judging from the map on http://www.radarvirtuel.com/ the main plum is by- passing the UK.

Either way, I've been enjoying the sun! It's the bluest sky I've seen in years. No strange small shuttle like jet aircraft criss-crossing the skies leaving CHEM TRAILS for two days now!!!

Which brings up another suggestion - 'Global Dimming'. It has been suggested that aviation (YEAH see above!!) is causing global dimming - Horizon (I believe) did a programme on this following 9/11. Therefore maybe this is an excuse to carry out further analysis.
hatsoff

Location: liverpool; the city that speaks out, always, scouseland, in the island formerly known as the UK

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where for art thou plume?

Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.
Einstein

golden ratio

mass and gravity both exist only as a means to acheive mathematical self-embedding of everything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: