FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Police agent provocateurs inciting violence?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Bigger Picture
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acrobat74
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Police agent provocateurs inciting violence? Reply with quote

What the elitist sickos (think they) excel at is management of conflict.

The age-old Hegelian stuff.

If conflict doesn't exist, it can be first created and then managed.

Violence is one of their main control mechanisms.

Anyone anywhere promoting violence is either with them or a useful idiot who is serving them unwittingly.

Below is yet another example of police allegedly using agents provocateurs to incite violence during the latest G20 protests.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2009/may/10/g20-policing-agent-prov acateurs

G20 police 'used undercover men to incite crowds'

MP demands inquiry into Met tactics at demo

Jamie Doward and Mark Townsend
The Observer, Sunday 10 May 2009

An MP who was involved in last month's G20 protests in London is to call for an investigation into whether the police used agents provocateurs to incite the crowds.

Liberal Democrat Tom Brake says he saw what he believed to be two plain-clothes police officers go through a police cordon after presenting their ID cards.

Brake, who along with hundreds of others was corralled behind police lines near Bank tube station in the City of London on the day of the protests, says he was informed by people in the crowd that the men had been seen to throw bottles at the police and had encouraged others to do the same shortly before they passed through the cordon.

Brake, a member of the influential home affairs select committee, will raise the allegations when he gives evidence before parliament's joint committee on human rights on Tuesday.

"When I was in the middle of the crowd, two people came over to me and said, 'There are people over there who we believe are policemen and who have been encouraging the crowd to throw things at the police,'" Brake said. But when the crowd became suspicious of the men and accused them of being police officers, the pair approached the police line and passed through after showing some form of identification.

Brake has produced a draft report of his experiences for the human rights committee, having received written statements from people in the crowd. These include Tony Amos, a photographer who was standing with protesters in the Royal Exchange between 5pm and 6pm. "He [one of the alleged officers] was egging protesters on. It was very noticeable," Amos said. "Then suddenly a protester seemed to identify him as a policeman and turned on him. He legged it towards the police line, flashed some ID and they just let him through, no questions asked."

Amos added: "He was pretty much inciting the crowd. He could not be called an observer. I don't believe in conspiracy theories but this really struck me. Hopefully, a review of video evidence will clear this up."

The Independent Police Complaints Commission has received 256 complaints relating to the G20 protests. Of these, 121 have been made about the use of force by police officers, while 75 relate to police tactics. The IPCC said it had no record of complaints involving the use of police agents provocateurs. A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: "We would never deploy officers in this way or condone such behaviour."

The use of plain-clothes officers in crowd situations is considered a vital tactic for gathering evidence. It has been used effectively to combat football hooliganism in the UK and was employed during the May Day protests in 2001.

Brake said he intends to raise the allegations with the Met's commissioner, Sir Paul Stephenson, when he next appears before the home affairs select committee. "There is a logic having plain-clothes officers in the crowd, but no logic if the officers are actively encouraging violence, which would be a source of great concern," Brake said.

The MP said that given only a few people were allowed out of the corralled crowd for the five hours he was held inside it, there should be no problem in investigating the allegation by examining video footage.

www.moneyasdebt.net
http://www.positivemoney.org.uk/
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Police agent provocateurs inciting violence? Reply with quote

Just about sums it ALL up.
Unless, of course it's the Russian army in Georgia.
Or this fellow.

US soldier shoots dead five comrades in Baghdad stress clinic
An American soldier shot dead five of his comrades on Monday after opening fire inside a stress clinic in the main US base in Iraq.

acrobat74 wrote:
Anyone anywhere promoting violence is either with them or a useful idiot who is serving them unwittingly.

......There have been previous attacks by US servicemen on their comrades in Iraq. Last September, an Army sergeant, Joseph Bozicevich, shot dead two other soldiers at a base south of Baghdad.

In November 2006, Staff Sgt Alberto Murtinez, a New York National Guardsman, was charged with murdering two officers in an explosion at one of Saddam Hussein's former palaces.

The previous year, Sgt Hasan Akbar, of the 101st Airborne Division, was sentenced to death after being convicted of killing two officers and wounding 14 after he threw grenades into tents and then opened fire on fellow soldiers.

BACK ON MESSAGE
no doubt there will be stills and film of these two cop suspects.....?

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
acrobat74

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyGosling wrote:
...no doubt there will be stills and film of these two cop suspects.....?
Very Happy

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/how-mi5-blackmails-brit ish-muslims-1688618.html

Quote:
Exclusive: How MI5 blackmails British Muslims

'Work for us or we will say you are a terrorist'

By Robert Verkaik, Law Editor

Thursday, 21 May 2009

Five Muslim community workers have accused MI5 of waging a campaign of blackmail and harassment in an attempt to recruit them as informants.

The men claim they were given a choice of working for the Security Service or face detention and harassment in the UK and overseas.

They have made official complaints to the police, to the body which oversees the work of the Security Service and to their local MP Frank Dobson. Now they have decided to speak publicly about their experiences in the hope that publicity will stop similar tactics being used in the future.

Intelligence gathered by informers is crucial to stopping further terror outrages, but the men's allegations raise concerns about the coercion of young Muslim men by the Security Service and the damage this does to the gathering of information in the future.

Three of the men say they were detained at foreign airports on the orders of MI5 after leaving Britain on family holidays last year.

After they were sent back to the UK, they were interviewed by MI5 officers who, they say, falsely accused them of links to Islamic extremism. On each occasion the agents said they would lift the travel restrictions and threat of detention in return for their co-operation. When the men refused some of them received what they say were intimidating phone calls and threats.

Two other Muslim men say they were approached by MI5 at their homes after police officers posed as postmen. Each of the five men, aged between 19 and 25, was warned that if he did not help the security services he would be considered a terror suspect. A sixth man was held by MI5 for three hours after returning from his honeymoon in Saudi Arabia. He too claims he was threatened with travel restrictions if he tried to leave the UK.

An agent who gave her name as Katherine is alleged to have made direct threats to Adydarus Elmi, a 25-year-old cinema worker from north London. In one telephone call she rang him at 7am to congratulate him on the birth of his baby girl. His wife was still seven months' pregnant and the couple had expressly told the hospital that they did not want to know the sex of their child.

Mr Elmi further alleges: "Katherine tried to threaten me by saying, and it still runs through my mind now: 'Remember, this won't be the last time we ever meet.' And then during our last conversation she explained: 'If you do not want anything to happen to your family you will co-operate.'"

Madhi Hashi, a 19-year-old care worker from Camden, claims he was held for 16 hours in a cell in Djibouti airport on the orders of MI5. He alleges that when he was returned to the UK on 9 April this year he was met by an MI5 agent who told him his terror suspect status would remain until he agreed to work for the Security Service. He alleges that he was to be given the job of informing on his friends by encouraging them to talk about jihad.

Mohamed Nur, 25, a community youth worker from north London, claims he was threatened by the Security Service after an agent gained access to his home accompanied by a police officer posing as a postman.

"The MI5 agent said, 'Mohamed if you do not work for us we will tell any foreign country you try to travel to that you are a suspected terrorist.'"

Mohamed Aden, 25, a community youth worker from Camden, was also approached by someone disguised as a postman in August last year. He alleges an agent told him: "We're going to make your travelling harder for you if you don't co-operate."

None of the six men, who work with disadvantaged youths at the Kentish Town Community Organisation (KTCO), has ever been arrested for terrorism or a terrorism-related offence.

They have repeatedly complained about their treatment to the police and to the Investigatory Powers Tribunal, which oversees the work of the Security Services.

In a letter to Lord Justice Mummery, who heads the tribunal, Sharhabeel Lone, the chairman of the KTCO, said: "The only thing these young people have in common is that they studied Arabic abroad and are of Somali origin. They are not involved in any terrorist activity whatsoever, nor have they ever been, and the security services are well aware of this."

Mr Sharhabeel added: "These incidents smack of racism, Islamophobia and all that undermines social cohesion. Threatening British citizens, harassing them in their own country, alienating young people who have committed no crime other than practising a particular faith and being a different colour is a recipe for disaster.

"These disgraceful incidents have undermined 10 years of hard work and severely impacted social cohesion in Camden. Targeting young people that are role models for all young people in our country in such a disparaging way demonstrates a total lack of understanding of on-the-ground reality and can only be counter-productive.

"When people are terrorised by the very same body that is meant to protect them, sowing fear, suspicion and division, we are on a slippery slope to an Orwellian society."

Frank Dobson said: "To identify real suspects from the Muslim communities MI5 must use informers. But it seems that from what I have seen some of their methods may be counter-productive."

Last night MI5 and the police refused to discuss the men's complaints with The Independent. But on its website, MI5 says it is untrue that the Security Service harasses Muslims.

The organisation says: "We do not investigate any individuals on the grounds of ethnicity or religious beliefs. Countering the threat from international terrorists, including those who claim to be acting for Islam, is the Security Service's highest priority.

"We know that attacks are being considered and planned for the UK by al-Qai'da and associated networks. International terrorists in this country threaten us directly through violence and indirectly through supporting violence overseas."

It adds: "Muslims are often themselves the victims of this violence – the series of terrorist attacks in Casablanca in May 2003 and Riyadh in May and November 2003 illustrate this.

"The service also employs staff of all religions, including Muslims. We are committed to recruiting a diverse range of staff from all backgrounds so that we can benefit from their different perspectives and experience."

MI5 and me: Three statements

Mahdi Hashi: 'I told him: this is blackmail'

Last month, 19-year-old Mahdi Hashi arrived at Gatwick airport to take a plane to visit his sick grandmother in Djibouti, but as he was checking in he was stopped by two plainclothes officers. One of the officers identified himself as Richard and said he was working for MI5.

Mr Hashi said: "He warned me not to get on the flight. He said 'Whatever happens to you outside the UK is not our responsibility'. I was absolutely shocked." The agent handed Mr Hashi a piece of paper with his name and telephone contact details and asked him to call him.

"The whole time he tried to make it seem like he was looking after me. And just before I left them at my boarding gate I remember 'Richard' telling me 'It's your choice, mate, to get on that flight but I advise you not to,' and then he winked at me."

When Mr Hashi arrived at Djibouti airport he was stopped at passport control. He was then held in a room for 16 hours before being deported back to the UK. He claims the Somali security officers told him that their orders came from London. More than 24 hours after he first left the UK he arrived back at Heathrow and was detained again.

"I was taken to pick up my luggage and then into a very discreet room. 'Richard' walked in with a Costa bag with food which he said was for me, my breakfast. He said it was them who sent me back because I was a terror suspect." Mr Hashi, a volunteer youth leader at Kentish Town Community Organisation in north London, alleges that the officer made it clear that his "suspect" status and travel restrictions would only be lifted if he agreed to co-operate with MI5. "I told him 'This is blatant blackmail'; he said 'No, it's just proving your innocence. By co-operating with us we know you're not guilty.'

"He said I could go and that he'd like to meet me another time, preferably after [May] Monday Bank Holiday. I looked at him and said 'I don't ever want to see you or hear from you again. You've ruined my holiday, upset my family, and you nearly gave my sick grandmother in Somalia a heart attack'."

Adydarus Elmi: 'MI5 agent threatened my family'

When the 23-year-old cinema worker from north London arrived at Chicago's O'Hare airport with his pregnant wife, they were separated, questioned and deported back to Britain.

Three days later Mr Elmi was contacted on his mobile phone and asked to attend Charing Cross police station to discuss problems he was having with his travel documents. "I met a man and a woman," he said. "She said her name was Katherine and that she worked for MI5. I didn't know what MI5 was."

For two-and-a-half hours Mr Elmi faced questions. "I felt I was being lured into working for MI5." The contact did not stop there. Over the following weeks he claims "Katherine" harassed him with dozens of phone calls.

"She would regularly call my mother's home asking to speak to me," he said. "And she would constantly call my mobile."

In one disturbing call the agent telephoned his home at 7am to congratulate him on the birth of his baby girl. His wife was still seven months pregnant and the couple had expressly told the hospital that they did not want to know the sex of their child.

"Katherine tried to threaten me by saying – and it still runs through my mind now – 'Remember, this won't be the last time we ever meet", and then during our last conversation explained: 'If you do not want anything to happen to your family you will co-operate'."

Mohamed Nur

Mohamed Nur, 25, first came into contact with MI5 early one morning in August 2008 when his doorbell rang. Looking through his spyhole in Camden, north London, he saw a man with a red bag who said he was a postman.

When Mr Nur opened the door the man told him that he was in fact a policeman and that he and his colleague wanted to talk to him. When they sat down the second man produced ID and said that he worked for MI5.

The agent told Mr Nur that they suspected him of being an Islamic extremist. "I immediately said 'And where did you get such an idea?' He replied, 'I am not permitted to discuss our sources'. I said that I have never done anything extreme."

Mr Nur claims he was then threatened by the officer. "The MI5 agent said, 'Mohamed, if you do not work for us we will tell any foreign country you try to travel to that you are a suspected terrorist'."

They asked him what travel plans he had. Mr Nur said he might visit Sweden next year for a football tournament. The agent told him he would contact him within the next three days.

"I am not interested in meeting you ever." Mr Nur replied. As they left, the agent said to at least consider the approach, as it was in his best interests.

www.moneyasdebt.net
acrobat74

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inaction may not be as severe as incitement, but it can serve the same agenda.

Gracefully, the victim's family calls for peace.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article6364252.ece
Catholic man Kevin McDaid beaten to death 'by UDA gang'

A Catholic community worker was beaten to death by men shouting that they were members of the Ulster Defence Association, his widow said today.

Evelyn McDaid, a Protestant who suffered serious head injuries when she tried to save her husband Kevin,spoke as police questioned nine men over the killing.

“UDA, they called themselves the UDA. I went across to help him and they beat me while they beat him,” she said.

“My neighbour had to step in to save me and she was pregnant and they beat her too and she shouted ‘I’m pregnant’ and they didn’t care.”

She added: “It was all to do with religion, and I’m not even a Catholic. I am a Protestant, it’s a mixed marriage, but they just seem to hate us so much.”

Mr McDaid, 49, was killed in Coleraine, Co Londonderry, on Sunday evening. Another man, Damien Fleming, 46, is in intensive care and his case is being treated by police as attempted murder.

Both men were targeted by separate gangs of up to 40 men who entered a mainly Catholic housing estate after Glasgow Rangers won the Scottish Premier League.

Mrs McDaid appealed for the Catholic community not to respond to the attacks.

“He wouldn’t want retaliation for it,” she said.

“He wouldn’t want my sons to get hurt, he wouldn’t want this. He was trying to keep the peace, he didn’t want all this, the nonsense that’s been going on here for years and years. He wanted peace.”

Mr McDaid, a former plasterer, had three sons and a foster son. His widow said that the family’s life had been shattered.

“My life’s over,” she said. “A big part of me is missing now. He was my soulmate and now that’s finished. I have to try to go on for the wee foster boy and my other three sons. I have to try and go on but I’ve lost a very big part of me and I can never replace that, never ever.”

Celtic scarves have been tied on railings and flowers left close to the scene of the savage attack.

Ryan McDaid, one of the dead man’s sons, claimed that police stood by and did nothing during the attack. “The police sat and watched as Dad died, they never moved,” he said.

“There were four police officers in a car and they sat and watched from Pates Lane. They never moved, never came, never helped.

“Before I rang the police on my mobile I was shouting at them [the police in the waiting patrol car]. They didn’t want to know, they were 100 yards away. They saw the whole thing and did nothing.

“He died in my arms, dad was staggering up the road, he had gone out to help Damien. Damien was getting beaten and I rang the police on my mobile. Four or five times I rang 999. They said they were coming.

“When dad staggered up and he fell I was trying to bring him around again and I rang the ambulance on my mobile as he was in my arms. Police arrived in a van and ran up and gave Dad CPR but it was too little too late.”

Mr McDaid said that the family would be taking the matter to the Police Ombudsman’s Office.

A police spokesman said that all the circumstances surrounding Mr McDaid’s death were being thoroughly investigated.

www.moneyasdebt.net
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Toronto G20 Riot Fraud: Undercover Police engaged in Purposeful Provocation
At Tax Payers' Expense
by Terry Burrows
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=19928
Toronto is right now in the midst of a massive government / media propaganda fraud. As events unfold, it is becoming increasingly clear that the 'Black Bloc' are undercover police operatives engaged in purposeful provocations to eclipse and invalidate legitimate G20 citizen protest by starting a riot. Government agents have been caught doing this before in Canada.

Montebello 2007 Riot Prevented - Identical Boots Exposed Undercover Police Provocateurs

At the ‘Security and Prosperity Partnership’ meeting protests at Montebello Quebec on August 20, 2007, a Quebec union leader caught and outed three masked undercover Quebec Provincial Police operatives dressed as ‘black bloc’ protestors about to start a riot by throwing rocks at the security police. See the following videos documenting this event.

Stop SPP Protest - Union Leader stops provocateurs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St1-WTc1kow

Evidence -- Police provoke Violence at SPP protest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCRsj06wT64&NR=1

The operation was exposed by the following picture of the undercover police wearing combat boots identical to those of the security police arresting them. (Provocateurs in Montebello wear the same shoes as the Quebec policemen who arrest them!)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/emiliep/1206638928/

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx T Wink

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

www.myspace.com/disco_destroyer
Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure if definitive proof here but they do allow some folk to pass their lines Surprised
EXPOSED! - G20 Police in Black Bloc Anarchist Gear @ 0:45 - Toronto

Link

Quote:
WATCH AT 0:45.....all the plainclothes people running in that pack, and being let behind the line, are cops--including the black-clad 'anarchist' !!!! BTW, watch out for the old white-bearded flannel shirt cop and the famous 'scary lady' cop

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyGosling wrote:
The Toronto G20 Riot Fraud: Undercover Police engaged in Purposeful Provocation
At Tax Payers' Expense
by Terry Burrows
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=19928
Toronto is right now in the midst of a massive government / media propaganda fraud. As events unfold, it is becoming increasingly clear that the 'Black Bloc' are undercover police operatives engaged in purposeful provocations to eclipse and invalidate legitimate G20 citizen protest by starting a riot. Government agents have been caught doing this before in Canada.

Montebello 2007 Riot Prevented - Identical Boots Exposed Undercover Police Provocateurs

At the ‘Security and Prosperity Partnership’ meeting protests at Montebello Quebec on August 20, 2007, a Quebec union leader caught and outed three masked undercover Quebec Provincial Police operatives dressed as ‘black bloc’ protestors about to start a riot by throwing rocks at the security police. See the following videos documenting this event.

Stop SPP Protest - Union Leader stops provocateurs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St1-WTc1kow

Evidence -- Police provoke Violence at SPP protest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCRsj06wT64&NR=1

The operation was exposed by the following picture of the undercover police wearing combat boots identical to those of the security police arresting them. (Provocateurs in Montebello wear the same shoes as the Quebec policemen who arrest them!)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/emiliep/1206638928/

Police Caught Infiltrating Anti SPP Rally Quebec 2007

GRAB ASAP this is being blocked by Facebook!

Link

www.youtube.com
From User: CanadiansNanaimo — June 14, 2010 — This footage is available for use to any and all media outlets without charge. This is footage I shot of three police officers trying to provoke violence at the anti-SPP rally in Montebello Quebec in 2007. The police admitted that these were 'on duty...

Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.newworldorderreport.com/News/tabid/266/ID/4333/Police-Charg e-and-Beat-Protestors-Who-Are-Completely-Peaceful-VIDEO--What-Actually -Happened-at-the-G20-Protests.aspx

Quote:
Police Charge and Beat Protestors Who Are Completely Peaceful, VIDEO - What Actually Happened at the G20 Protests
Ian Welsh

There’s been a lot of crying about “thugs and anarchists” in Toronto. I live about 4 blocks from where some of the vandalism occurred, though I wasn’t there at the time.

As best I can tell, what happened is that for about an hour, the Black Bloc protesters clearly and visibly prepared for action, with both the police and other, non-violent protesters able to see they were doing so. The number of Black Bloc vandals seems to have been between 50 to 100, certainly not more than 200. (The police had 20,000 men.)

The police actually withdrew, leaving behind police cars for the Black Block to torch. Which they then did. The Black Bloc then proceeded up Yonge street (the main north/south street in downtown Toronto), vandalizing as they went, and eventually many headed over to Queen’s Park, the Provincial capital. Two hours after the first violence, the police finally take action, ensuring that there are plenty of videos of police cars burning and vandalism that would not have occurred if they had taken action earlier.

According to the police, rather than confront a maximum of 200 protesters, they withdrew behind the barrier around the G20 meetings and let them vandalize downtown Toronto for 2 hours.

At the end of the day the people who matter never even saw any protests and the 1 billion dollar police presence and suspension of civil liberties was “justified” by vandalism and burning police cars.

Simply put, the police decided that they couldn’t spare say 2,000 out of their 20,000 men to stop 200 vandals. This was a deliberate decision to allow downtown to be vandalized.

I leave it as an exercise for readers to decide if this was a matter of incompetence, or if it was a deliberate strategy. And if it was deliberate strategy, just what they were trying to accomplish with their strategy.

Of course, along the way Canadian Civil Liberties observers were arrested as well, and protesters were not allowed to see lawyers.

I am ashamed to be Canadian today, and I am ashamed of my governments, at all levels.

(A video of a clearly peaceful protest nonetheless attacked, after the jump)

Peaceful G20 protest at Queen & Spadina from Meghann Millard on Vimeo.

Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quebec police admit going undercover at montebello protests

Link

Quebec provincial police admitted Thursday that their officers disguised themselves as demonstrators during the protest at the North American leaders summit in Montebello, Que.

cem

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:00 am    Post subject: Indymedia UK censored two articles on the G20 riots Reply with quote

(from the Indymedia UK moderation list)

http://lists.indymedia.org/pipermail/imc-uk-moderation/2010-June/0629- qy.html

[imc-uk-moderation] hid 454445,454462 - inaccurate
owen at riseup.net owen at riseup.net
Tue Jun 29 07:50:22 PDT 2010

* Previous message: [imc-uk-moderation] Hiddens
* Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ]

I hid these two articles:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----
The Toronto G20 Riot Fraud: Undercover Police engaged in Purposeful
Provocation
http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2010/06/454462.html

G-20 riots: Is the Black Bloc a police psyops group?
http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2010/06/454445.html
---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----

Both of which claim, with reference to the same globalresearch.ca article,
that the black bloc at G20 protests in Toronto was directed and controlled
by undercover police provocateurs. The evidence for this claim mainly
consists of photos of black bloc wearing similar shoes to the police.

However:

1. It is by no means clear in the photos that the shoes are identical.

2. Examination of the full series of photos referenced by the article:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/g20-day-of-protest/article1619712/
...(not just those cherry-picked by the author), shows many individuals
not wearing that style of shoe.

3. Militant callouts were issued in the run-up to the G20, for example:

"...Be the riot you wish to see.."
http://guerrillanews.wordpress.com/2010/05/14/callout-for-the-toronto- g20

"You didn’t think Riot 2010 was over yet, did you?.."
http://g20.torontomobilize.org/node/35

These were both issued by "Southern Ontario Anarchist Resistance", which
also issued a set of at least six communiques. If this group were
police-controlled, would they bother with such a level of analysis?

SOAR Statement on Mainstream Media and Why We Resist
http://www.ainfos.ca/en/ainfos23993.html
SOAR Statement on Indigenous Rights and Settler Solidarity
http://www.ainfos.ca/en/ainfos24115.html
SOAR Statement on Gender Justice
http://www.ainfos.ca/en/ainfos24106.html
SOAR Statement on Environmental Justice
http://www.ainfos.ca/en/ainfos24109.html
SOAR Statement on Economic Justice
http://www.ainfos.ca/en/ainfos24098.html
SOAR Statement on Sound Cannons and Scare Tactics
http://toronto.mediacoop.ca/story/3653

Note that the communique on the Mainstream Media includes:
"...when we rise up to demonstrate our discontent, the mainstream media
faithfully make a few broken windows seem like unacceptable violence. But
it doesn't take a lot of thought to see who are the truly violent members
of our society. Are a few broken windows more important than..."

Finally, here's a mainstream article in which some protesters go on
record to demystify black bloc and defend the tactic:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/g8-g20/news/vandalism-a-cent ral-part-of-anarchists-tactics/article1620949/

So it seems clear that property damage was on the cards for at least
some genuine protesters (ie not undercover cops).

4. According to this article:
http://toronto.mediacoop.ca/story/small-businesses-respond-protest-van dalism/3921
"the vast majority of vandalism was targeted at large chains or
businesses and the financial sector"

It seems unlikely that if the black bloc were under the control of police
agents, they would be
so targeted; quite the opposite.

To summarise, very little evidence to support the claims, and plenty that
makes them implausible. I think this is enough to warrant hiding the
articles as inaccurate.

Owen the sun-bathing frog
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Bigger Picture All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: