FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Work till you drop...wait a minute!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Other Controversies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SHERITON HOTEL
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject: Work till you drop...wait a minute! Reply with quote

I seem to recall circa 1975-ish in the silicon chip revolution, there was 'wall to wall' talk about the excess leisure crisis solid state electronics would create, all the labour saving and wealth creation attendant to the new technology would give us a 3 day working week, 3 months holiday per year and retirement at 50! Why were their forecasts SO wrong?
fish5133
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Work till you drop...wait a minute! Reply with quote

SHERITON HOTEL wrote:
I seem to recall circa 1975-ish in the silicon chip revolution, there was 'wall to wall' talk about the excess leisure crisis solid state electronics would create, all the labour saving and wealth creation attendant to the new technology would give us a 3 day working week, 3 months holiday per year and retirement at 50! Why were their forecasts SO wrong?

We werent meant to work only 3 days.. 6 days thou shalt labour with a day of rest/worship. Our maker knows best although i prefer the work 5, 1 day of leisure and 1 day of worship. Even if your atheist or agnostic a day away say in the country from the usual treadmill gives a time for reflection for the mind.

Think our politicians realise that you can screw more tax out of people and keep them under control if you remove the opportunity to think and when they do think shove eastenders of BB at them.

Andrew.
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Work till you drop...wait a minute! Reply with quote

fish5133 wrote:
SHERITON HOTEL wrote:

We werent meant to work only 3 days.. 6 days thou shalt labour with a day of rest/worship. Our maker knows best although i prefer the work 5, 1 day of leisure and 1 day of worship. Even if your atheist or agnostic a day away say in the country from the usual treadmill gives a time for reflection for the mind.

Think our politicians realise that you can screw more tax out of people and keep them under control if you remove the opportunity to think and when they do think shove eastenders of BB at them.

As I read it Fish, Worship is supposed to be 24/7. The Sabbath for studying the Law/scripture. Then there should be little work, if we kept those Laws.
fish5133
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Work till you drop...wait a minute! Reply with quote

Andrew. wrote:
fish5133 wrote:
SHERITON HOTEL wrote:

As I read it Fish, Worship is supposed to be 24/7. The Sabbath for studying the Law/scripture. Then there should be little work, if we kept those Laws.

Your right Andrew perhaps I meant corporate worship

Can you imagine the 70 year old navvy on his zimmer frame helping to lay tarmac on the M1.

zimboy69
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Work till you drop...wait a minute! Reply with quote

fish5133 wrote:
Andrew. wrote:
fish5133 wrote:
SHERITON HOTEL wrote:

Your right Andrew perhaps I meant corporate worship

Can you imagine the 70 year old navvy on his zimmer frame helping to lay tarmac on the M1.

i too have wonderd what will happen to labours aged 60+

how can you ask a 69 year old man to keep going diggin the roads in the winter

the answer is easy assign different jobs points labours have double points to a office worker

when you obtain a certain amount of points your able to retire and if your unemployed you get no points so you have to work longer or take a good point job to retire

all the goverment would have to do is assign each job a certain amount of points
but this system wouldnt be good points for directors, actors or footballers it would be based on wear and tear of the body involved in the work
it could also be weighted to encourage people to take poor paid bad jobs such as in care of disabled and old people

if you had the choice work for 20 -30 years cleaning old people arses or 40 years in a office which do you choose

could be a really good way to fill all the bad paid jobs how tempting is working till your 40-50 and be able to retire
SHERITON HOTEL
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one got any theories why the ubiquitous labour saving efficiency enhancing wealth creating solid state technology revolution has resulted in MORE work not less then...? Confused
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all got to do with the ownership of the technology which should have liberated us with much more leisure time, but hasn't.
The super-rich merchant class, who've had their greedy reptile brains fed by capitalism have no imagination of their own. They only enact the diseased visions of their accountants.
These people been perversely rewarded for their sociopathy and decided long ago that if they can own all the technology they don't need the rest of us any more.

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
acrobat74
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_End_of_Work
www.moneyasdebt.net
http://www.positivemoney.org.uk/
conspiracy analyst

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The discussion around pensions is only a discussion to get people used now to the idea that there wont be any. As they have increased the age now for some which reaches 68 when they are 32 today. So in 10 year time they will increase it another 3 years until it reaches around 80 by the time one reaches that age one will be dead so there wont be any pension anyway.

The ruling elites have decided en masse to leave the sinking ship and take away as much as possible in the shortest period of time as possible.

So the problem remains, if you are trying to sell a fridge to someone who has no money to buy food to put into it, you wont be able to do it. The crisis of 'consumer' capitalism is going to strike big time. Then the fun will begin...
Andrew.
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Story of Stuff - The Spice Melange

http://bornagainfreeman.ning.com/video/the-story-of-stuff-the-spice
letthemeatmadeiracake
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and if you must go to work tomorrow
well, if I were you I wouldn't bother:
for there are brighter sides to life,
and I should know, because I've seen them;
but not very often...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Other Controversies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: