FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Castro warns of WW3 - urges restraint

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject: Castro warns of WW3 - urges restraint Reply with quote

Webster Tarpley has sent us this warning from Fidel Castro. http://www.cubanews.ain.cu/2010/0807fidel-calls-on-the-world-to-persua de-obama-not-tounleash-war.htm

It strikes me that all people of goodwill should respond to the need to persuade Obama not to unleash an attack on Iran, an attack which could lead us into World War 3. The fact that an old Communist is saying it should not detract from the truth of what is being said. We need many voices to say it, from the political right as well as from the left.

If there is anyone around who knows about averting nuclear war it must be Castro. Older readers will remember how the world held its breath during the Cuban Missile crisis of 1962, the year that nearly ended in October. I remember feeling very scared. Despite the provocation of the placement of Soviet missiles in Cuba, ultimately reason and caution was shown on all sides: the Kennedy administration in the US, the Khrushchev administration in the USSR and the Cubans led by Fidel Castro.

It should be remembered that world wars do not have clear starting and finishing dates. Europe tends to think of WW2 starting with German invasion of Poland in September 1939 and finishing with the surrender of Germany in May 1945.

The US tends to see it as starting in December 1941 with the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor and ending with the surrender of Japan in August 1945 after the nuking of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Ethiopians date it from the Italian attack on their country in 1934. Chinese from the Japanese capture of Beijing in 1937.

Thus world wars can start gradually from a series of more minor local wars and WW3 may have already started in 2001.

But nothing is inevitable and global appeals for the kind of restraint that was shown during the brinksmanship of the Cuban Missile Crises are badly needed to forestall the impending madness.

http://www.cubanews .ain.cu/2010/ 0807fidel- calls-on- the-world- to-persuade- obama-not- to-unleash- war.htm

Webster Tarpley writes:

Fidel Castro Calls on the World to Persuade Obama Not to Unleash a War

HAVANA, Cuba, Aug 7 (acn) The Commander in Chief Fidel Castro said today that he hopes that US President Barack Obama will not order an attack on Iran “if we all persuade him not to.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
Cuban News Agency

That was the purpose of the Cuban Revolution leader’s address to the Cuban parliament summoned for an extraordinary session in Havana, due to the urgency of mobilizing the world, faced with the danger of a nuclear war that would be triggered by a US-Israeli led aggression on Iran.

Standing on a podium, in the presence of President Raul Castro, Fidel read amessage to the Cuban legislative body making emphasis of the threat of an armed conflict in the Arabian-Persian Gulf, for which he held the American presidentresponsibl e.

Fidel said men’s pretensions must have a limit that can’t be surpassed and added that in this critical case President Obama would have to give the order of the so much announced attack “in tune with the standards of the gigantic empire.”

“But, in the instant he gives the order, which is the only one he could give due to the power, speed and countless number of missiles accumulated in an absurd competion between powers, he would be ordering the instant death not only of hundreds of millions of people, including, an immeasurable number of inhabitants of his own country, but also the crews of all US ships in the seas near Iran.”

“Simultaneously, the war would break out in the Near and Far East and across Eurasia,” said Fidel.

He also explained that fate decreed that at this precise moment, the President of the United States is a descendant of an African and a white, of a Muslim and a Christian and that he will not give the order if he becomes aware of the problem.

After reading his message, Fidel encouraged a dialogue with the Cuban deputies to find solutions to the issue and called on them to think of ways to spread the call for peace.
cem
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:29 am    Post subject: Transcript of Fidel Castro's speech Reply with quote

http://www.campaigniran.org/casmii/index.php?q=node/10625

Fidel Castro calls on the World to persuade Obama not to unleash a war

by Fidel Castro Ruz, 7 August 2010

At the beginning, only eight weeks ago, I thought there was no possible solution to the imminent danger of a war. The situation before my eyes was so tragic that I thought there was no other way out but the possibility to survive –quite likely perhaps- in the region of this hemisphere that for no reason could become a target of a direct attack, as well as some isolated regions of the planet.

It was very difficult to figure that out, knowing that human beings always cling to some sort of perspective, however remote.

Despite everything, I tried.

Fortunately, I did not take long to realize that there was one hope –as a matter of fact, a very profound one. However, if that possibility was missed, the disaster would lead to the worst consequences. Then there might be no possible salvation for the human species.

Nevertheless, I strongly believe this would not be the case. Quite on the contrary, the conditions for what seemed to be only until very recently an undreamed-of situation are right now in the making.

One man, the President of the United States, will have to take this decision on his own. Quite certainly, given his multiple occupations, he has not realized that as yet, but his advisors have started to get an understanding of the situation, judging by the simple actions that have been taken, such as the ceasing of the tortures imposed on Gerardo, something that had not been done during the last twelve years of implacable hatred by the system against Cuba and against him. Today one could predict that the next step would be the authorization that would allow Adriana to visit him in prison or his immediate release or both. It was through Adriana that I learned that, after twelve years of unjust and cruel imprisonment, his morale is now higher than ever.

Given the fact that Iran will not give an inch to the demands of the United States and Israel, which have already mobilized several of the means of warfare to their disposal, they will have to launch the attack as soon as the date agreed by the Security Council on June 9, 2010 -with the established rules and requirements- expires.

There is a limit to all what man hopes to achieve, which he can not surpass.

In this critical case, President Barack Obama is the one who would give the order to start the so much announced and publicized attack, following the rules of the gigantic empire.

However, just at the moment when he gives that order, which would be, besides, the only one he could give, taking into account the power, the speed and the uncountable number of nuclear missiles accumulated as a result of an absurd competition among powers, he would also be ordering the immediate death not only of hundreds of millions of persons, among them an incalculable number of citizens of his own country, but also the crew members of all the vessels of the US fleet deployed in the seas surrounding Iran. A war will break out simultaneously in the Near and Middle East as well as in all Eurasia.

Fate would have it that, on that precise moment, the US President would be a person of African and White, Mohammedan and Christian descent. HE WILL NOT GIVE SUCH ORDER!!! , unless we help him become aware of it. And this is what we are doing here.

The leaders of the most powerful countries in the world, whether allies or adversaries, with the exception of Israel, would encourage him not to do it.

After that the world will bestow upon him all the honors he might deserve.

The order that has been currently established in the planet shall not be able to last. Soon after, it will inevitably collapse.

The so called hard currencies will lose their value as the instrument of the system that has exacted a contribution of wealth and unlimited sweat and sacrifice from the peoples.

New forms of distribution of goods and services, education and management of social processes will peacefully emerge, but if a war breaks out, the current social order will disappear abruptly at a much higher cost.

The population in the planet could be regulated; non-renewable resources could be preserved; climate change could be prevented; all human beings could be guaranteed a useful employment; the ill could be assisted; essential knowledge, culture and science to the service of man could be guaranteed. The children, adolescents and youth of the world will not perish in that nuclear holocaust.

This is the message I wanted to convey to you, dear comrades of our National Assembly.

I am now ready to account for my words, answer the questions you may want to ask me and listen to your opinions.

Thank you, very much (Applause).

The original version of Castro's speech in Spanish:

Fidel en la Asamblea Nacional: “Seamos realistas, enfrentemos los nuevos problemas con ideas nuevas”

por Fidel Castro Ruz, Cuba Debate, 7 Agosto 2010

http://www.cubadebate.cu/especiales/2010/08/07/fidel-en-la-asamblea-na cional/

from the archives:

Five Latin American countries condemn the U.S. and its allies for their militaristic aspirations against Iran

by Hamid Golpira and Amir Mirzaattari, 14 July 2010

http://www.campaigniran.org/casmii/index.php?q=node/10551

Fidel Castro: An incident could set in motion an all-out nuclear war against Iran

by Fidel Casto Ruz, 12 July 2010

http://www.campaigniran.org/casmii/index.php?q=node/10549

xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: 5 Latinamerican countries condemn US threats to Iran Reply with quote

5 Latinamerican countries condemn US threats to Iran

http://www.campaigniran.org/casmii/index.php?q=node/10551
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

US Petition aginst attacking Iran:

http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/iran
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An Iranian petition against attacking Iran

http://omidforiran.org/2010/01/petition-a-letter-in-solidarity-with-th e-iranian-people/

The problem with this one is that it is too iranian to appeal to many westerners - probably a product of one of Iran's opposition groups, though I don't know which.

The world's people need to make our voices heard in opposition to crazy warmongering which could lead us into WW3, in any way we can.
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Noel,
It seems the fascist vs. humanitarian battle lines are being drawn and sensible leaders like Fidel are warning their people and others around the world.
The world is waking up so the fascists know they have to try and take the initiative. It'snow a macho race to the bottom for kudos & contracts.
That will probably mean a massive spectacular false flag as that seems to be the only way they know.
Call me naive but I'm not at all sure which side the Bristish Establishment will come down on.

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
outsider

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:00 pm    Post subject: Fidel Castro has died Reply with quote

Fidel Castro has died, aged 90:
Fidel Castro obituary: revolutionary icon finally defeated by infirmity of old age: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/nov/26/fidel-castro-obituary

You can sign this great man's Online Condolence Book here:
http://www.cuba-solidarity.org.uk/fidel-castro/

Here's my contribution:
'RIP, Fidel. You were a great leader of your country. Your death will be a great loss to the Cuban people, and to Progressives around the world, but you did have a long and fruitful life.
The world has lost a truly great man, but your legacy remains as a beacon of courage, truth and service to your countrymen and women.
Meanwhile, back on the ranch, the US continues it's bloody 'Regime Change' wars and interventions.
I hope you made your peace with God before you died.'

'Fidel Castro: Patrick Henningsen discusses his legacy and Cuba’s future path': http://21stcenturywire.com/2016/11/26/fidel-castro-patrick-henningsen- discusses-his-legacy-and-cubas-uncertain-future/

'Castro's Legacy for Cuba, Latin America, and the World ':
http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31 &Itemid=74&jumival=17016#newsletter1

outsider

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'638 Ways To Kill Castro': https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFQz8racYNk

The cancer he 'contracted' cannot but have lessened his life span.

Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humour alert Wink

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2016/11/covert-cia-plot-wait-fidel-castro -dies-old-age-successful/

Quote:
Langley, VA – A decades-long plot to get Cuban dictator Fidel Castro to pass away peacefully in his sleep has come to fruition, according to a statement from the CIA.

“We are proud to announce that our 53 years of patience have finally paid off,” said CIA spokesperson Ryan Trimarchi. “It seems silly in retrospect, but when President Kennedy first approved the plan there were many detractors who said it would fail.”

First hatched in 1963, so-called “Operation Sit-Back-And-Let-It-Happen” was one of many CIA plots intended to end the life of the Communist revolutionary and the only one to succeed. The mission’s completion was formally declared after Cuban State television announced Castro’s death at the age of 90.

“It’s just a shame that JFK didn’t live to see it,” Trimarchi added. “Or Johnson. Or Nixon. Ditto Gerald Ford and Ronald Reagan. They all would’ve been real proud.”

The CIA’s announcement has been met with praise by Cuban-Americans, including policy advocate Mauricio Diaz.

“I give the CIA a lot of credit for being willing to play the long game in bringing down this oppressive dictator,” said the lobbyist and director of the Cuban Liberty PAC. “Until now no one in Cuba realized that ‘failures’ like the Bay of Pigs and all those assassination attempts were just a great cover for this master plan.”

“Now all we need to do is wait 5 or 6 years for Raul to have an aneurysm and we can finally bring Democracy to the Cuban people,” added Diaz.

The top secret plot is considered the longest continuous operation in CIA history. When the Cuban President outlived the operation’s initial target date of 2003, George W. Bush approved an additional 15 years of funding to send agents to hang around Havana. When Castro’s health led him to abdicate power in 2008, the CIA focused their efforts on deploying SR-71 Blackbirds daily to take pictures and confirm whether he was “still moving”.

“Some felt the program was wasteful, but there’s no denying it didn’t work,” said Trimarchi.

“And now, thanks to these efforts, Fidel Castro is no longer a threat to our democracy,” he concluded.

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

www.myspace.com/disco_destroyer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: