FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

August 1990 - Kuwait Oil Fires - False Flag

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The History Of False Flag Terrorism
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ianrcrane
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: August 1990 - Kuwait Oil Fires - False Flag Reply with quote

During my recent "Fool me once..." mini-tour, I included the following account of my experience in the immediate aftermath of Gulf War 1.

Having arrived in Kuwait just a few days after the end of hostilities, I was taken on a tour of the southern Kuwaiti oilfields. It was like driving through a stage set of Dante's inferno. The heat from some of the fires was so great, you could feel the temperature rise inside the Chevrolet 4x4 pickup, from 200yards away. Not a single well-head remained intact. At a couple of locations, the remains of Iraqi soldiers lay where they had fallen after having been killed, presumably while trying to blow up the nearby wellheads ...

Yet something didn't rest easy with me, wherever the bodies of Iraqi soldiers were laying, it seemed as though they had been killed while trying to DEFEND the well-heads! It was quite evident, even to my inexperienced eye, that these Iraqi troops had been killed in close combat, the carnage was relatively light; not what might be expected of an air or artillery attack.

Over the next few days, I shared my concern with some of my colleagues and some of these unguarded conversations took place in the mess hall of KOC (Kuwait Oil Company) in Ahmaadi. A few days later, I had just sat down for dinner when a couple of 300lb gorillas in army fatigues swaggered over. The elder of the two looked down and asked, "... you Ian Crane?"

Before I could respond, he pulled out the chair opposite and sat down, his forearms resting on the table and leaning forward he drawled, "I hear you been castin' some aspersion as to who might have started these oil fires."

Before I had a chance to reply, he said, "You'd best be keeping those kind of thoughts to yourself, boy (I was 34 at the time). That kinda thinkin' can get you into a whole lotta trouble."

With that he pushed the chair back and stood up. As he turned to leave, he looked directly at me and said, "What the f*cks the matter Ian, ... ain't we payin' you enough?"

Over the next few years, I kept my counsel. Thanks to the exposure of April Glaspie's conversation with Saddam, just a few weeks prior to the Aug 2 invasion, we all knew that the US had baited Saddam into attacking Kuwait ... now I was absolutely convinced that the US special forces were responsible for igniting the majority (if not all) of the oilfield fires. Why? Well, there are many reasons but in the immediate aftermath of Gulf War 1, the US oilfield service & construction companies did very, very well ... and, I have to admit, so did I!

It would be a further seven years before I left the oil industry and a further seven years before announcing this perspective in a public arena.

History is always written by the winners but the US has not yet achieved 'Full Spectrum Dominance' and I am pleased to discover that others are now coming forward with information which supports my take on events in 1990/91.

Note that in the following report the Special Forces veteran talks about being briefed by someone who he only 'thought' was American, because the briefing was conducted by a gentleman 'not wearing a US uniform or insignias'.

Ian R. Crane

Gulf War Vet Group: US Troops Set Kuwait Oil Fires

by Jon Rappoport, 26 February 2003

STARTLING ACCUSATION FROM A GULF WAR VET GROUP

FEBRUARY 25. The American Gulf War Veterans Association, led by Joyce Riley, has issued a press release that accuses US forces of setting huge oil fires in Kuwait at the end of Gulf War One.

At the time, those fires -- blamed on Saddam -- burned a billion barrels of oil over a seven-month period and raised a poisonous lingering cloud over the Persian Gulf nations.

The ecological/health disaster persists to this day (see a story posted by CNN on Jan. 3, 2003).

From Riley's release: "One [US] veteran has now stepped forward and given a detailed account of how he and others in special teams moved forward of the front, and then set charges on the [Kuwait oil] well heads."

This veteran, as yet unnamed, states, "We were mustered into the briefing tent at which point a gentleman who I first had thought to be an American began to brief us on the operation [to burn the oil fields]. I was concerned because he was not wearing a US uniform and insignias."

The Gulf War Veterans' release continues: "The information provided over a series of meetings with this veteran corroborates reports from other veterans who are totally unconnected with this individual. This testimony brings into serious question the integrity of the US government, as it [the government] provided information to the American public and military during the last Gulf War."

There could be several motives behind a secret US special ops venture to burn the Kuwaiti oil fields. To further slam Saddam -- blaming the disaster on him. To create the appearance of an oil shortage. To keep certain recalcitrant leaders in Kuwait in line -- "See what we can do if you try to dump `US support'?"

However, the US veteran who spoke with Riley may also be implying that the operation to burn the oil fields was not, at the highest levels, a US government plot, although it used small groups of US soldiers. The briefer may have represented more shadowy power players.

Source: http://www.ratical.org/ratville/JFK/JohnJudge/linkscopy/USsetFires.htm l
conspiracy analyst

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On this issue there is another angle to it as well.

The theory is that the road to Basra or the road to hell as they call it was vindication of the resounding victory of US forces over a retreating Iraqui army.

The Yanks were forced into an agreement with Saddam and they signed a deal after the road to Basra had allegedly been carpetbombed to end hostilities officially.

If the Yanks had beaten Saddam in such a humiliating way as presented by the worlds media why meet to end hostilities with the man you just ...beat?

Unable to fight him on the ground they allowed his soldiers to cart off all the money in the vaults and everything from every single shop in Kuwait. Saddam was paid handsomely for the invasion of Kuwait. Agreeing therefore not to have a general war the Americans came to an agreement with him, presented it as a resounding military victory and retreat whilst at the same time showing pictures of dead and injured and alleging tens of thousands died due to superior air power.

The oil fires certainly sound like a typica photoop. Smoke and mirrors. Thats the type of wars the Yanks are involved in. They say anything pretend everything whilst at the same time the opposite is occuring on the ground. No wonder its known as the...theatre of war.
James C
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course the price of oil spiked for only a few months and even then by only $20 on an already low price of $15/barrel. Immediately after the war the price of oil dropped and finally reached a low of $9/barrel in 1994, a price not seen since 1973 even adjusted for inflation. Why? - because Saudi Arabia ramped up output very quickly, probably at the request of the US. After all, the higher the oil price the more the US has to pay for it and as the biggest importer of oil in the world high oil prices are not good for its economy. As prices currently hover between $90 and $100/barrel, it is only a matter of time before the US goes into deep recession. It's buckling already.

There's no doubt that Saddam was goaded into attacking Kuwait of course.
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James C wrote:

Indeed not.

April Glaspie told Saddam that "Kuwait was not a US concern" on 25.7.90, 9 days and 11 years after he became President of Iraq on 16.7.79

Probably just another coincidence.

James C
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Gobell wrote:
James C wrote:

Indeed not.

April Glaspie told Saddam that "Kuwait was not a US concern" on 25.7.90, 9 days and 11 years after he became President of Iraq on 16.7.79

Probably just another coincidence.

Ah, that depends on how you interpret her words.

Many argue you that she gave Saddam the green light to attack Kuwait by confirming that the US would not intervene if Saddam continued with his actions which of course was the opposite of what actually happened.

There's much reference to this issue here
Wokeman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, PERleeze!
Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What of the claims of slant drilling into Iraqi reserves? Truth, Lies false Intelligence or just Post Gulf War 1 Propaganda?

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

www.myspace.com/disco_destroyer
ianrcrane

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Subterranean Raid on Iraqi Oil Reply with quote

Disco Destroyer asked:
Quote:
What of the claims of slant drilling into Iraqi reserves? Truth, Lies false Intelligence or just Post Gulf War 1 Propaganda?

The correct term is 'Directional Drilling'. ... and while I cannot confirm categorically that this process was being applied to drill across the subterranean border, I would not be at all surprised if the practice was being employed to provoke a reaction.

In 1990, Directional Drilling was a relatively new technique and there were only a handful of exponents of this particular skill; enabling them to command fees of $000's per day! The skill was not only to follow the desired geological track but also to keep the drill-bit in the ground. Too much pressure on the drill bit from an overly enthusiastic driller will reduce the life-expectancy of the drill-bit. Each time a drill bit has to be replaced, the entire drill-string would have to be removed from the well. Consequently, the Driller would almost always come with his 'Drilling Fluids' partner, responsible for ensuring effective lubrication at the drill-bit.

My point in providing such detail is that in 1990, all such expertise resided with US Drilling Companies and it was/is well known that the US security services 'tap in' to the expatriate oilfield community ... and being 'patriots', they are only too happy to comply. In addition, I'm damn sure that if the Al-Sabah's though they could get away with 'stealing' Iraqi oil, they wouldn't hesitate to do so!

This being the case, once the US had persuaded Al-Sabah and KOC to launch the underground raid on Iraqi oil, all they had to do then was ensure that the Iraqi Oil Company (IOC) realised what was going on; which was no great hardship as many of the (Non US) Oilfield Service Companies were servicing the southern Iraqi Oilfields from their bases in Kuwait!

Let's never forget that the NWO and their US kapo's will do whatever it takes to pursue their global agenda. The reality is that Al-Sabah & Saddam were simply pawns in their game.

See below for supporting evidence:

On September 23, 1990, U.S. Secretary of State James Baker testified before a congressional committee that the United States sought a "permanent military presence" in the Gulf.

What was not elaborated at the hearing was the fact that the United States had been trying for years to establish a permanent center for military operations in the Gulf region, an effort which naturally had been rebuffed by the Arabs.

Part of the plan had been fulfilled with the re-flagging of Kuwaiti tankers, a 1987 initiative that put them under the protection of the U.S. Navy during the first phase of the Gulf Wars. Baker also left unsaid a long-term strategic interest of the United States: to control the flow of Gulf oil, not solely because of American domestic needs (7%) but more importantly because Europe and Japan were almost completely dependent on this oil.

The United States, declining in power economically relative to other world powers, sought ways to stay in the game and maintain a competitive edge. The impetus for a major American role in the Gulf actually stemmed from the "Carter Doctrine", which was promulgated in 1980.

Source: http://www.nmhschool.org/tthornton/mehistorydatabase/gulf_war.php

Ian R. Crane
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt in my mind that this is becoming a text book case of a Special/Psycological Operation with massive, almost history making, media impact.
www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyGosling wrote:
No doubt in my mind that this is becoming a text book case of a Special/Psycological Operation with massive, almost history making, media impact.

Do you mean the Wikileaks info Tony ?

Quote:
Wikileaks:

¶30. NOTE: ON THE BORDER QUESTION, SADDAM REFERRED
TO THE 1961 AGREEMENT AND A "LINE OF PATROL" IT
HAD ESTABLISHED. THE KUWAITIS, HE SAID, HAD TOLD
MUBARAK IRAQ WAS 20 KILOMETERS "IN FRONT" OF THIS
LINE.

THE AMBASSADOR SAID THAT SHE HAD SERVED IN
KUWAIT 20 YEARS BEFORE; THEN, AS NOW, WE TOOK NO
POSITION ON THESE ARAB AFFAIRS.

GLASPIE

Final confirmation of what we've known all along.

The revelation of the method, indeed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The History Of False Flag Terrorism All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: