FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The real reason why its kicked off in Isreal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Riaz Ahmed
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: The real reason why its kicked off in Isreal Reply with quote

It is claimed that everything started with the kidnapping of the Israeli soldiers, but we need to go back at least to June 9th when Israel shelled a beach in Gaza killing eight Palestinians and injuring 32 civilians, including 13 children. The dead included seven members of one family. The Israeli government offered its
'deep regret', but this outrage was no accident. It was part of the process of
instigating a reaction so that what has happened since could unfold.

On June 13th ,an Israeli plane fired at a vehicle on a busy Gaza road and when civilians hurried to help the injured another missile was fired into the crowd. Eleven Palestinians died, including two medical staff and two children.

Come on, the Israeli government was saying - retaliate. We have the gun clocked, we're ready to go, and we just need you to give us the excuse to pull the trigger.

Please see the fotage believe of the attack .....be warned...very disturbing.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article13593.htm

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
freddie
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree,

The funny thing was, I was making this exact point (about the start of this conflict not being the kidnapping, but rather the attack on the beach) to some friends on friday and not one of the 5 people I mentioned it to had heard of the event!

They all said that they never saw it on the telly news, and I don't have one so couldn't correct them - Surely the incident was covered on every evening news show, can anyone clear that up for me?

Riaz Ahmed
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit Freddie, I came across this from my research. I dont recall seeing this in the media at the time - well not main stream anyway.

Probably kept a lid on it.

Will, be interesting to see what replies we get here!

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Riaz Ahmed
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddie,

Quote:
The funny thing was, I was making this exact point (about the start of this conflict not being the kidnapping, but rather the attack on the beach) to some friends on friday and not one of the 5 people I mentioned it to had heard of the event!

I hope you have their email address - so you can ping this URL.

Confused

Jane
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Very few people I know / work with, etc, would have a clue what I was talking about were I to mention the Israeli airstrike at QANA, Lebanon which took place today Freddie. I have given up even trying to talk about these things I'm affraid - still I have been listening to George Galloway on "Talk Sport" as recommended by my rather Concervative friend and I certainly can't knock him!!

Romans 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

http://www.wytruth.org.uk/
Riaz Ahmed
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listen to G Galloway every weekend's. I really am a big fan of his. No matter what some people think of him , he is the voice for the oppressed as far as I am concerened!
freddie
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riaz wrote:
Quote:
Will, be interesting to see what replies we get here!

Indeed! - This story must have had at least 10 minutes on Channel 4 evening news, and surely BBC News 24 covered it even more?!?

So can anyone clear this up? - Did anyone see the beach attack on the news?

Also, for everyone's future use; does anyone know of a website that lists exactly what each news channel covered on each day? - That would be hugely useful in research tasks

Peace

gypsum
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freddie wrote:

So can anyone clear this up? - Did anyone see the beach attack on the news?

I saw it on one evening news show. It showed a little girl screaming as she'd just seen her father being killed. There was no mention of it being a terrorist attack of course though. Which it clearly was. The report then showed an Israeli spokeman saying that they did not think that they were responsible!! I couldn't believe it. Later on some sort of weapons expert was on the beach with the reporter. Now this guy sounded American and even he said it looked almost certain that it was done by the Israelis as he found no evidence of land mines (the Israelis tried to use this excuse).

I am sick of the Israelis and their disgusting behaviour. They are the real terrorists funded by even bigger terrorists Evil or Very Mad

Sorry, had to let that out, I'm sure you guys feel the same. Sad
freddie
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for clearing that up Gypsum - I'd seen that footage of the little girl left alone after her parents were killed; absolutely haunting. I'm going to look into this incident more, as I know it caused disgust amongst Arabs, and seemed to get little mainstream coverage.
gypsum
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes very little. Time and time again we see how the Israelis 'accidentally' hit civilians. Or UN peacekeepers. Or red cross convoys. When this is on the mainstream news it's short and the Israelis are not condemned for it. The usual...
scubadiver
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly remember the attack on the civilians on the beach. I did hear it about it on the news. Since I now very rarely watch BBC, it must have been Ch4.
Jane
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am sick of the Israelis and their disgusting behaviour. They are the real terrorists funded by even bigger terrorists

So am I - I can't imagine how they can get away with the terrible things they do and manage to turn it all around as if the Muslims are "the terrorists."

I hope I get to London on Saturday (plans still uncertain!). If I find any of the "Jews Against Zionism" on the march / at the rally, I shall go and march with them / hug them. There were some of them behind me on a Stop The War march once and they got set upon by Zionist thugs. There are films of this kind of thing I've see as well. The ones that protest look like orthodox Jews to me and the cry levelled against those that persecute them seems to be "Where is your hat? Why don't you cover your head!" The anwer I once heard (on a little film) was "I am one of those Jews who don't wear hats!" followed by a lot of nasty swearing, and very horrible insults.

So I kind of think now "Jews with hats are good!" Silly I know!

Quote:
Saturday 11th December 2004:
"Because We Are Jews"

by Rabbi Mordechi Weberman

There are those who ask us why we march with the Palestinians. Why do we raise the Palestinian flag? Why do we support the Palestinian cause?

“You are Jews!” they tell us. "What are you doing?"

And our response is very simple:

It is precisely because we are Jews that we march with the Palestinians and raise their flag!

It is precisely because we are Jews that we demand that the Palestinian peoples be returned to their homes and properties!

Yes, in our Torah we are commanded to be fair. We are called upon to pursue justice. And, what could be more unjust then the century old attempt of the Zionist movement to invade an other people’s land, to drive them out and steal their property?

The early Zionists proclaimed that they were a people without a land going to a land without a people.

Innocent sounding words.

But utterly and totally untrue.

Palestine was a land with a people. A people that were developing a national consciousness.

We have no doubt that would Jewish refugees, have come to Palestine not with the intention of dominating, not with the intention of making a Jewish state, not with the intention of dispossessing, not with the intention of depriving the Palestinians of their basic rights, that they would have been welcomed by the Palestinians, with the same hospitality that Islamic peoples have shown Jews throughout history. And we would have lived together as Jews and Muslims lived before in Palestine in peace and harmony.

To our Islamic and Palestinian friends around the world, please hear our message —

There are Jews around the world who support your cause. And when we support your cause we do not mean some partition scheme proposed in 1947 by a UN that had no right to offer it.

When we say support your cause we do not mean the cut off and cut up pieces of the West Bank offered by Barak at Camp David together with justice for less than 10 % of the refugees.

www.thewe.cc/.../because_we_are_jews.htm

Romans 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Newspeak International
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a powerful site you linked to Jane.

I'll be sure to link it in posts on other sites.

N
insidejob
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Israeli aggression in Lebanon 2000-06 Reply with quote

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2006/08/346767.html
Israel started it!
Anders Strindberg | 03.08.2006 15:32 | Anti-racism | London | World

Israel must accept blame for latest conflict with Hizbullah.

Hizbullah's attacks stem from Israeli incursions into Lebanon

By Anders Strindberg

08/01/06 "Christian Science Monitor" -- -- NEW YORK – As pundits and policymakers scramble to explain events in Lebanon, their conclusions are virtually unanimous: Hizbullah created this crisis. Israel is defending itself. The underlying problem is Arab extremism.
Sadly, this is pure analytical nonsense. Hizbullah's capture of two Israeli soldiers on July 12 was a direct result of Israel's silent but unrelenting aggression against Lebanon, which in turn is part of a six-decades long Arab-Israeli conflict.

SINCE ITS WITHDRAWAL OF OCCUPATION FORCES FROM SOUTHERN LEBANON IN MAY 2000, ISRAEL HAS VIOLATED THE UNITED NATIONS-MONITORED "BLUE LINE" ON AN ALMOST DAILY BASIS, ACCORDING TO UN REPORTS. HIZBULLAH'S MILITARY DOCTRINE, ARTICULATED IN THE EARLY 1990S, STATES THAT IT WILL FIRE KATYUSHA ROCKETS INTO ISRAEL ONLY IN RESPONSE TO ISRAELI ATTACKS ON LEBANESE CIVILIANS OR HIZBULLAH'S LEADERSHIP; THIS INDEED HAS BEEN THE PATTERN.

In the process of its violations, Israel has terrorized the general population, destroyed private property, and killed numerous civilians. This past February, for instance, 15-year-old shepherd Yusuf Rahil was killed by unprovoked Israeli cross-border fire as he tended his flock in southern Lebanon. Israel has assassinated its enemies in the streets of Lebanese cities and continues to occupy Lebanon's Shebaa Farms area, while refusing to hand over the maps of mine fields that continue to kill and cripple civilians in southern Lebanon more than six years after the war supposedly ended. What peace did Hizbullah shatter?

Hizbullah's capture of the soldiers took place in the context of this ongoing conflict, which in turn is fundamentally shaped by realities in the Palestinian territories. To the vexation of Israel and its allies, Hizbullah - easily the most popular political movement in the Middle East - unflinchingly stands with the Palestinians.

Since June 25, when Palestinian fighters captured one Israeli soldier and demanded a prisoner exchange, Israel has killed more than 140 Palestinians. Like the Lebanese situation, that flare-up was detached from its wider context and was said to be "manufactured" by the enemies of Israel; more nonsense proffered in order to distract from the apparently unthinkable reality that it is the manner in which Israel was created, and the ideological premises that have sustained it for almost 60 years, that are the core of the entire Arab-Israeli conflict.

Once the Arabs had rejected the UN's right to give away their land and to force them to pay the price for European pogroms and the Holocaust, the creation of Israel in 1948 was made possible only by ethnic cleansing and annexation. This is historical fact and has been documented by Israeli historians, such as Benny Morris. Yet Israel continues to contend that it had nothing to do with the Palestinian exodus, and consequently has no moral duty to offer redress.

For six decades the Palestinian refugees have been refused their right to return home because they are of the wrong race. "Israel must remain a Jewish state," is an almost sacral mantra across the Western political spectrum. It means, in practice, that Israel is accorded the right to be an ethnocracy at the expense of the refugees and their descendants, now close to 5 million.

Is it not understandable that Israel's ethnic preoccupation profoundly offends not only Palestinians, but many of their Arab brethren? Yet rather than demanding that Israel acknowledge its foundational wrongs as a first step toward equality and coexistence, the Western world blithely insists that each and all must recognize Israel's right to exist at the Palestinians' expense.

Western discourse seems unable to accommodate a serious, as opposed to cosmetic concern for Palestinians' rights and liberties: The Palestinians are the Indians who refuse to live on the reservation; the Negroes who refuse to sit in the back of the bus.

By what moral right does anyone tell them to be realistic and get over themselves? That it is too much of a hassle to right the wrongs committed against them? That the front of the bus must remain ethnically pure? When they refuse to recognize their occupier and embrace their racial inferiority, when desperation and frustration causes them to turn to violence, and when neighbors and allies come to their aid - some for reasons of power politics, others out of idealism - we are astonished that they are all such fanatics and extremists.

The fundamental obstacle to understanding the Arab-Israeli conflict is that we have given up on asking what is right and wrong, instead asking what is "practical" and "realistic." Yet reality is that Israel is a profoundly racist state, the existence of which is buttressed by a seemingly endless succession of punitive measures, assassinations, and wars against its victims and their allies.

A realistic understanding of the conflict, therefore, is one that recognizes that the crux is not in this or that incident or policy, but in Israel's foundational and per- sistent refusal to recognize the humanity of its Palestinian victims. Neither Hizbullah nor Hamas are driven by a desire to "wipe out Jews," as is so often claimed, but by a fundamental sense of injustice that they will not allow to be forgotten.

These groups will continue to enjoy popular legitimacy because they fulfill the need for someone - anyone - to stand up for Arab rights. Israel cannot destroy this need by bombing power grids or rocket ramps. If Israel, like its former political ally South Africa, has the capacity to come to terms with principles of democracy and human rights and accept egalitarian multiracial coexistence within a single state for Jews and Arabs, then the foundation for resentment and resistance will have been removed. If Israel cannot bring itself to do so, then it will continue to be the vortex of regional violence.

Anders Strindberg, formerly a visiting professor at Damascus University, Syria, is a consultant on Middle East politics working with European government and law-enforcement agencies. He has also covered Syria, Lebanon, and the Palestinian territories as a journalist since the late 1990s, primarily for European publications.

Copyright © 2006 The Christian Science Monitor. All rights reserved
Anders Strindberg
e-mail: jackharper@shaw.ca
wepmob2000
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, here we are again, Israelis guilty for everything, Arabs bear no responsibility whatsoever. Perhaps Mossad,with the CIA and MI6 kidnapped the poor soldiers, so they could twist it around and blame Hezbollah.

Please do not think for one second of Lebanon as a sovereign state, instead a good part of it is a kind of Hezbollah homeland. Israeli 'incursions' are no more than reconnaissance into the Hezbollah state.

Hezbollah is the mere puppet of Iran and Syria, any explanation for Arab aggression must lie at their feet ultimately.
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now personally I think all war is a crime, but to the extent that people like to make laws about these things, Israel's actions over the past 2 weeks are war crimes. Pure and simple. The US and UK in shipping bombs to Israel at this time is actively aiding Israel in these war crimes and share the guilt.

That others are all guilty of targetting civilians and so also guilty of war crimes, does make Israel's guilt less.

wepmob2000, please read

http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?p=15356&highlight=#153 56
insidejob
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Arabs to blame? Reply with quote

It is easy to say the Hizbollah want to destroy Israel but what is the evidence that Hizbollah was created in order to bring about the destruction of Israel?

It is easy to say that they want to destroy Israel, but by what method do Hizbollah, Hamas, PLO, Iran and Syria plan to bring about the destruction Israel?

I would argue that most people who say these things frankly do not know what they are talking about.

http://www.forbes.com/technology/feeds/ap/2006/07/12/ap2873051.html
Associated Press
HEZBOLLAH CAPTURES 2 ISRAELI SOLDIERS
By JOSEPH PANOSSIAN , 07.12.2006, 05:41 AM

The militant group Hezbollah captured two Israeli soldiers during clashes Wednesday ACROSS THE BORDER IN SOUTHERN LEBANON, prompting a swift reaction from Israel, which sent ground forces into its neighbor to look for them.

The forces were trying to keep the soldiers' captors from moving them deeper into Lebanon, Israeli government officials said on condition of anonymity.

The Israeli military would not confirm the report.

Mona Baker
Director of Centre for Translation and Intercultural Studies
UMIST. PO Box 88, Manchester M60 1QD
e-mail: mona.baker@umist.ac.uk
phone: +44/0 161 200 3081
fax: +44/0 161 200 3099

ZIONISM IN THEIR OWN WORDS

'If I knew that it was possible to save all the children of Germany by transporting them to England, and only half by transferring them to the Land of Israel, I would choose the latter, for before us lies not only the numbers of these children but the historical reckoning of the people of Israel.'
-- David Ben-Gurion (Quoted on pp 855-56 in Shabtai Teveth's Ben-Gurion in a slightly different translation).

'This country exists as the fulfillment of a promise made by God Himself. It would be ridiculous to ask it to account for its legitimacy.'
-- Golda Meir, Le Monde, 15 October 1971

'We walked outside, Ben-Gurion accompanying us. Allon repeated his question, What is to be done with the Palestinian population?' Ben-Gurion waved his hand in a gesture which said 'Drive them out!'
-- Yitzhak Rabin, leaked censored version of Rabin memoirs, published in the New York Times, 23 October 1979.

'[The Palestinians] are beasts walking on two legs.'
-- Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin, speech to the Knesset, quoted in Amnon Kapeliouk, "Begin and the 'Beasts,"' New Statesman, June 25, 1982.

'(The Palestinians) would be crushed like grasshoppers ... heads smashed against the boulders and walls.'
-- Israeli Prime Minister (at the time) Yitzhak Shamir in a speech to Jewish settlers, New York Times April 1, 1988

'If we thought that instead of 200 Palestinian fatalities, 2,000 dead would put an end to the fighting at a stroke, we would use much more force....'
-- Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak, quoted in Associated Press, November 16, 2000.

'It is the duty of Israeli leaders to explain to public opinion, clearly and courageously, a certain number of facts that are forgotten with time. The first of these is that there is no Zionism, colonialization, or Jewish State without the eviction of the Arabs and the expropriation of their lands.'
-- Ariel Sharon, Israeli Foreign Minister, addressing a meeting of militants from the extreme right-wing Tsomet Party, Agence France Presse, November 15, 1998.

'Everybody has to move, run and grab as many (Palestinian) hilltops as they can to enlarge the (Jewish) settlements because everything we take now will stay ours...Everything we don't grab will go to them.'
-- Ariel Sharon, Israeli Foreign Minister, addressing a meeting of the Tsomet Party, Agence France Presse, Nov. 15, 1998.

'Israel may have the right to put others on trial, but certainly no one has the right to put the Jewish people and the State of Israel on trial.'
-- Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, 25 March, 2001 quoted in BBC News Online
Jane
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: To wepmob2000 Reply with quote

Quote from wepmob2000
Quote:

Hmm, here we are again, Israelis guilty for everything, Arabs bear no responsibility whatsoever. Perhaps Mossad,with the CIA and MI6 kidnapped the poor soldiers, so they could twist it around and blame Hezbollah.

No, I for one, never think any one group of people are “guilty” for everything. I prefer the adage that attempts to “explain” how the Nazis came about which I never used to “understand” - ”We are all guilty!” Makes sense to me now!!

We on this board, and the people I will be marching with in London tomorrow are seeing things very differently from the vast majority of people in Britain who believe without question everything they see on “The News” on tv, or read in the majority of newspapers – Why do you feel the need to come and argue with us “happy few” who think something quite, quite different to the masses?! Do we worry you?

If you blindly assume we are all “anti-semetic” nasty racists (actually I am the one “assuming” here!) - I’d suggest you click on the link below (the one I gave above does not appear to be working now) and maybe discuss with the likes of Rabbi Mordechi Weberman why he feels the way he does – maybe you will put it down to “Jewish self-hatred” as one Jewish person I met who speaks up against Isreal’s treatment of the Palestianians is frequently accused of!

http://www.marchforjustice.com/

I’ve just come across this from the above site – "the oneness of humanity" as expressed by an American Palestianian after watching a film about Jewish suffering:

Quote:
The reason that I connect with this film is not because the victims are Jews, BUT because they are human beings. The very act of a parent trying to shield and spare his child from certain harm and man’s inhumanity, is a universal message that transcends all ethnic and religious lines whether the setting is in the concentration camps of the Nazis, or the impoverished land of Gaza. There is sanctity to life in all of its forms. No label must be allowed to dull our senses and make the destruction of life somehow right and permissible. For far too long we have lived with the labels that paint conflicts as US verses THEM. We attach labels to human beings to sap their very humanity from them and to facilitate their oppression, abuse, and death. The child becomes something less when he is perceived as having the opportunity to grow up and become one of THEM. His death is somehow dismissed as having attained the act of legitimacy. He was not a child, but a future one of THEM. The death of innocents is spun in so many ways, that after a while, we all become criminals. There are no innocents if one is to believe the spin of both sides. The value of human life is cheapened. What makes one life more valuable than the next? Don’t we all have dreams and aspirations for our people and children? The dreams that I have for my children’s' future is not one of pain and suffering. I dream of a peaceful life and future for my children to realize their full potential as human beings. I did not have children to see them suffer or to inflict suffering on others.
The value and importance of human life should be not measured by race and/or religion. The humble peasant who it trying to seek out a living in the wastelands of Afghanistan is just as important as the man who sits in an air conditioned office whose hands are rarely dirty. They both are working for basically the same thing. That is, they are trying, to the best of their abilities and resources, to provide for their families. They both harbor dreams and ambitions that differ only in their scope and chances of attaininment.
In the end, we must realize that each and every life is a sacred and precious thing. Whether one resides in gleaming towers that reach for the heavens or in the teeming poverty of a refugee camp, Life is indeed BEAUTIFUL.
Mike Odetalla, a Palestinian/American businessman

wepmob2000

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:15 am    Post subject: Re: To wepmob2000 Reply with quote

My comments in Red - Wepmob

[quote="Jane"]Quote from wepmob2000
Quote:

No, I for one, never think any one group of people are “guilty” for everything. I prefer the adage that attempts to “explain” how the Nazis came about which I never used to “understand” - ”We are all guilty!” Makes sense to me now!!

This is certainly not the impression one would gain from reading this board and the 'discussion' as its called. I see only a vitriolic onslaught against three countries (namely the USA, UK, and Israel), and scarcely a suggestion that may just possibly be other forces, and other nations that bear some if not equal or greater responsibility. I quote...

"The Pirates and Rogue states are the Axis of US, UK and Israel. Those who for some strange reason feel they are above the law. Those who believe it is fine for them to possess WMDs and use them whilst spouting their vile hypocrisy along the way. Liars thieves and murderers to a man they are. As for anyone who can endorse such behaviour with flawed, seriously brainless reasoning"

Need I say more?

We on this board, and the people I will be marching with in London tomorrow are seeing things very differently from the vast majority of people in Britain who believe without question everything they see on “The News” on tv, or read in the majority of newspapers – Why do you feel the need to come and argue with us “happy few” who think something quite, quite different to the masses?! Do we worry you?

I don't think the 'masses' (plebian perhaps in your eyes?) actually care greatly what happens. A common response would be 'drop a bomb on the whole lot of them', before discussing who's next to be kicked out of the big brother house. It does worry me somewhat that wide-eyed children could stumble upon sites such as this and see such 'opinions' (as thats all they are) presented as fact (underlined usually by supporting 'evidence' of highly dubious origin).

If you blindly assume we are all “anti-semetic” nasty racists (actually I am the one “assuming” here!) - I’d suggest you click on the link below (the one I gave above does not appear to be working now) and maybe discuss with the likes of Rabbi Mordechi Weberman why he feels the way he does – maybe you will put it down to “Jewish self-hatred” as one Jewish person I met who speaks up against Isreal’s treatment of the Palestianians is frequently accused of!

I do not assume any such thing, although I could be forgiven for believing otherwise, given the completely one-sided and biased treatment the current crisis recieves here. What concerns, and yes, angers me greatly however is the one-sidedness of any demonstrations and the like organised by yourselves. I did not see a mass demonstration protesting against the perpetrators of any of the following....

Iraqi invasion of Kuwait in 1990

Iraqi genocide against the marsh arabs or the kurds

The Bali bombing

The Madrid bombing

Ongoing Chinese oppression of Tibet

Massacres of Bosnian Muslims

The Rwandan genocide

Nor did I see demonstrations of thankfulness when the West took positive, if belated action in Yugoslavia. However, and this is merely one example, I did see mass demonstrations against Allied actions against Iraq in 1991, ignoring the plight of Kuwait and presenting it as US aggression. Similarly in 2003, we as usual were the aggressors, and Iraq was some kind of happy daisy covered playground, with kindly Uncle Saddam gazing benevolently upon his people. Never mind any potential benefits for Iraq of shrugging of this murderous regime? Lets face facts, for many of you demonstrators, it is not about peace at all costs, it is about hatred of the USA and her allies, and it is hatred. I would like to see mass demos against all aggression and atrocities, but I do not, the silence is usually deafening (it would be nice to see a demo against, say, the Myanmar Government's brutal repression, for example, or Russian brutality in Chechnya). Only perhaps if the USA or the UK or Israel were in some way involved would we then see action. To see the USA as an ogre at all times is just as simplistic and repellant as the things you supposedly protest against!
DeFecToR
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to give a little perspective on how Israel has historically viewed the concept of international law;

http://www.action-for-un-renewal.org.uk/pages/isreal_un_resolutions.ht m

Quote:

A list of UN Resolutions against "Israel"

Here is a list of UN resolutions that Israel has not complied. As far as I know they have ignored every single resolution. But the situation is far worse than would at first appear, it involves the serious distortion of the official Security Council record by the profligate use by the United States of its veto power. (See Table)

Israel’s, defiance goes back to its very beginnings. This collection of resolutions criticizing Israel is unmatched by the record of any other nation.

A list of UN Resolutions against "Israel"

* 1955-1992:
* * Resolution 106: " . . . 'condemns' Israel for Gaza raid".
* * Resolution 111: " . . . 'condemns' Israel for raid on Syria that killed fifty-six people".
* * Resolution 127: " . . . 'recommends' Israel suspends it's 'no-man's zone' in Jerusalem".
* * Resolution 162: " . . . 'urges' Israel to comply with UN decisions".
* * Resolution 171: " . . . determines flagrant violations' by Israel in its attack on Syria".
* * Resolution 228: " . . . 'censures' Israel for its attack on Samu in the West Bank, then under Jordanian control".
* * Resolution 237: " . . . 'urges' Israel to allow return of new 1967 Palestinian refugees".
* * Resolution 248: " . . . 'condemns' Israel for its massive attack on Karameh in Jordan".
* * Resolution 250: " . . . 'calls' on Israel to refrain from holding military parade in Jerusalem".
* * Resolution 251: " . . . 'deeply deplores' Israeli military parade in Jerusalem in defiance of Resolution 250".
* * Resolution 252: " . . . 'declares invalid' Israel's acts to unify Jerusalem as Jewish capital".
* * Resolution 256: " . . . 'condemns' Israeli raids on Jordan as 'flagrant violation".
* * Resolution 259: " . . . 'deplores' Israel's refusal to accept UN mission to probe occupation".
* * Resolution 262: " . . . 'condemns' Israel for attack on Beirut airport".
* * Resolution 265: " . . . 'condemns' Israel for air attacks for Salt in Jordan".
* * Resolution 267: " . . . 'censures' Israel for administrative acts to change the status of Jerusalem".
* *Resolution 270: " . . . 'condemns' Israel for air attacks on villages in southern Lebanon".
* * Resolution 271: " . . . 'condemns' Israel's failure to obey UN resolutions on Jerusalem".
* * Resolution 279: " . . . 'demands' withdrawal of Israeli forces from Lebanon".
* * Resolution 280: " . . . 'condemns' Israeli's attacks against Lebanon".
* * Resolution 285: " . . . 'demands' immediate Israeli withdrawal form Lebanon".
* * Resolution 298: " . . . 'deplores' Israel's changing of the status of Jerusalem".
* * Resolution 313: " . . . 'demands' that Israel stop attacks against Lebanon".
* * Resolution 316: " . . . 'condemns' Israel for repeated attacks on Lebanon".
* * Resolution 317: " . . . 'deplores' Israel's refusal to release Arabs abducted in Lebanon".
* * Resolution 332: " . . . 'condemns' Israel's repeated attacks against Lebanon".
* * Resolution 337: " . . . 'condemns' Israel for violating Lebanon's sovereignty".
* * Resolution 347: " . . . 'condemns' Israeli attacks on Lebanon".
* * Resolution 425: " . . . 'calls' on Israel to withdraw its forces from Lebanon".
* * Resolution 427: " . . . 'calls' on Israel to complete its withdrawal from Lebanon.
* * Resolution 444: " . . . 'deplores' Israel's lack of cooperation with UN peacekeeping forces".
* * Resolution 446: " . . . 'determines' that Israeli settlements are a 'serious
* obstruction' to peace and calls on Israel to abide by the Fourth Geneva Convention".
* * Resolution 450: " . . . 'calls' on Israel to stop attacking Lebanon".
* * Resolution 452: " . . . 'calls' on Israel to cease building settlements in occupied territories".
* * Resolution 465: " . . . 'deplores' Israel's settlements and asks all member
* states not to assist Israel's settlements program".
* * Resolution 467: " . . . 'strongly deplores' Israel's military intervention in Lebanon".
* * Resolution 468: " . . . 'calls' on Israel to rescind illegal expulsions of
* two Palestinian mayors and a judge and to facilitate their return".
* * Resolution 469: " . . . 'strongly deplores' Israel's failure to observe the
* council's order not to deport Palestinians".
* * Resolution 471: " . . . 'expresses deep concern' at Israel's failure to abide
* by the Fourth Geneva Convention".
* * Resolution 476: " . . . 'reiterates' that Israel's claim to Jerusalem are 'null and void'".
* * Resolution 478: " . . . 'censures (Israel) in the strongest terms' for its
* claim to Jerusalem in its 'Basic Law'".
* * Resolution 484: " . . . 'declares it imperative' that Israel re-admit two deported
* Palestinian mayors".
* * Resolution 487: " . . . 'strongly condemns' Israel for its attack on Iraq's
* nuclear facility".
* * Resolution 497: " . . . 'decides' that Israel's annexation of Syria's Golan
* Heights is 'null and void' and demands that Israel rescinds its decision forthwith".
* * Resolution 498: " . . . 'calls' on Israel to withdraw from Lebanon".
* * Resolution 501: " . . . 'calls' on Israel to stop attacks against Lebanon and withdraw its troops".
* * Resolution 509: " . . . 'demands' that Israel withdraw its forces forthwith and unconditionally from Lebanon".
* * Resolution 515: " . . . 'demands' that Israel lift its siege of Beirut and
* allow food supplies to be brought in".
* * Resolution 517: " . . . 'censures' Israel for failing to obey UN resolutions
* and demands that Israel withdraw its forces from Lebanon".
* * Resolution 518: " . . . 'demands' that Israel cooperate fully with UN forces in Lebanon".
* * Resolution 520: " . . . 'condemns' Israel's attack into West Beirut".
* * Resolution 573: " . . . 'condemns' Israel 'vigorously' for bombing Tunisia
* in attack on PLO headquarters.
* * Resolution 587: " . . . 'takes note' of previous calls on Israel to withdraw
* its forces from Lebanon and urges all parties to withdraw".
* * Resolution 592: " . . . 'strongly deplores' the killing of Palestinian students
* at Bir Zeit University by Israeli troops".
* * Resolution 605: " . . . 'strongly deplores' Israel's policies and practices
* denying the human rights of Palestinians.
* * Resolution 607: " . . . 'calls' on Israel not to deport Palestinians and strongly
* requests it to abide by the Fourth Geneva Convention.
* * Resolution 608: " . . . 'deeply regrets' that Israel has defied the United Nations and deported Palestinian civilians".
* * Resolution 636: " . . . 'deeply regrets' Israeli deportation of Palestinian civilians.
* * Resolution 641: " . . . 'deplores' Israel's continuing deportation of Palestinians.
* * Resolution 672: " . . . 'condemns' Israel for violence against Palestinians
* at the Haram al-Sharif/Temple Mount.
* * Resolution 673: " . . . 'deplores' Israel's refusal to cooperate with the United
* Nations.
* * Resolution 681: " . . . 'deplores' Israel's resumption of the deportation of
* Palestinians.
* * Resolution 694: " . . . 'deplores' Israel's deportation of Palestinians and
* calls on it to ensure their safe and immediate return.
* * Resolution 726: " . . . 'strongly condemns' Israel's deportation of Palestinians.
* * Resolution 799: ". . . 'strongly condemns' Israel's deportation of 413 Palestinians
* and calls for there immediate return.

1993 to 1995

UNGA Res 50/21 - The Middle East Peace Process (Dec 12, 1995)

UNGA Res 50/22 - The Situation in the Middle East (Dec 12, 1995)

UNGA Res 49/35 - Assistance to Palestinian Refugees (Jan 30 1995) l

UNGA Res 49/36 - Human Rights of Palestinian Refugees (Jan 30 1995)

UNGA Res 49/62 - Question of Palestine (Feb 3 1995)

UNGA Res 49/78 - Nuclear Proliferation in Mideast (Jan 11 1995)

UNGA Res 49/87 - Situation in the Middle East (Feb 7 1995)

UNGA Res 49/88 - The Middle East Peace Process (Feb 7 1995)

UNGA Res 49/149- Palestinian Right- Self-Determination (Feb 7 1995)

UNGA Res 48/213 - Assistance to Palestinian Refugees (Mar 15, 1994)

UNGA Res 48/40 - UNRWA for Palestinian Refugees (Dec 13, 1993)

UNGA Res 48/41 - Human Rights in the Territories (Dec 10 1993)

UNGA Res 48/58 - The Middle East Peace Process (Dec 14 1993)

UNGA Res 48/59 - The Situation in the Middle East (Dec 14 1993)

UNGA Res 48/71 - Nuclear-Weapon-Free Zone in Mideast (Dec 16 1993)

UNGA Res 48/78 - Israeli Nuclear Armanent (Dec 16 1993)

UNGA Res 48/94 - Self-Determination & Independence (Dec 20 1993)

UNGA Res 48/124- Non-interference in Elections (Dec 20 1993)

UNGA Res 48/158- Question of Palestine (Dec 20 1993)

UNGA Res 48/212- Repercussions of Israeli Settlements (Dec 21 1993)

==========+++===========

Included on the page is a list of US vetos of resolutions criticising Israel.

Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Webmop2000

Regarding your questions about UK folk not demonstrating about these other "terrorist" outrages.

Just for the record I have never been on a demo in my life, have you ?

If you have then why haven't you attended / started a demo about the things you describe ?

If you haven't then why didn't you attend / start a demo yourself about events that trouble you ?

Maybe the answer to your questions can be found in the answers you have to these questions.

Also, the events you mention presuppose that people care about what is happening in the world which most obviously don't.

Among the constituent of people that do care, contextually say the folk posting here for example, your question presupposes that they would agree with the version of events provided by the mainstream media which I would argue they do not.

There is a growing body of evidence that many of these so called "terrorist" outrages are not in fact perpetrated by the traditional suspects.

Is it reasonable to expect a group of people who suspect state sponsored complicity in these outrages to organise themselves and demopnstrate against patsies ?

It would make sense for them to demonstrate against state sponsored terrorism if that is what they suspect would it not ?

Hence, in this context your questions still stand.

Why wasn't there a mass mobilisation in the UK say against IRA attrocities for example ?

Do you agree that it is entirely logical that people should resist and demonstrate against the actions of their own governments ?

I would wager that all of us here including you agree on one thing. The majority of people are more concerned about events on say Big Brother than they are about a "terrorist" outrage, even in London.

So why do you think that is ?

wepmob2000

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark

Thankyou again for an intelligent, interesting and courteous post, quite unlike Dogs post in the other thread.

It seems to me the following is true....

The majority of people simply do not care either way, and general political apathy is at an all time low. Even students appear less interested than they once were, perhaps because they have to now struggle as never before to make ends meet, and thus are preoccupied. Maybe people feel protest is useless and pointless, so why bother. What does voter apathy in recent elections mean in all this? Does it indicate a happy or a resigned acceptance of the status quo? Perhaps it indicates a complete lack of interest in anything other than the latest big brother events or X-factor voting. My personal experience suggests the last possibility.

I too have never demonstrated in my life, mainly because the nature of such demos has never impelled me to do so. With many events I remain resolutely unsure as to where the truth lies.

The fact that so many historical events still remain in a quagmire of argument and counter-argument, does not inspire hope that the truth about 9/11 or other pertinent recent events should be any different.

Perhaps the best thing to do is examine all available evidence, and then in all likelihood remain unconvinced and unsure.

My main beef is that there seems to be a dedicated anti US/Western/ Israeli movement, and that this is reflected in 'popular' protest. DeFecTors post below is a reasonable example of this. No one disputes what he has said.

However it is strange for seekers of truth to so readily disregard one version of events and glibly accept another. There are I assure everyone similar lists of Hezbollah atrocities against the USA to be found. Along with similarly pro-Israeli articles. None of this is necessarily reliable.

It seems to me that many of the posters here seek the truth only so long as it is couched in terms with which they agree. A truth that is acceptable to them, and that proves there is a U.S led worldwide conspiracy.

What if the truth turned out to be an Islamic conspiracy against the West and its values, with the long term aim of worldwide hegemony?

Why is this possibility so easily disregarded?

The truth probably lies somewhere in between these two extremes, while poor Mr Average Joe in Basrah or Birmingham suffers because of the eternal conflict.

By all means people should demonstrate constantly, I particularly admire the way this attitude is firmly entrenched in French society.

However the demonstrations as I see them at the moment are merely another form of extremism, as unerringly biased as the hawks in the White House, with an equally unquestioning acceptance of 'facts' as they see fit, as those they say are brainwashed by state propaganda.......

Last edited by wepmob2000 on Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
wepmob2000

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further to what I have just said, let us see what happens in this afternoons demo.

I for one would be impressed if placards carried slogans like 'Stop all fighting, all side must talk' and things in a similar vein.

Most likely placards will bear slogans like 'Stop Israeli aggression now' and 'USA and UK are the Axis of Evil'.

This too is the language of extremism, why is one persons viewpoint of the truth correct and anothers wrong?

Possibly effigies of Blair and Bush will be burnt, but this is 'acceptable'.

If some Zionists appear, they are 'right wing bullies and thugs' (which they probably are), but they speak only the same language of intolerance.

The sad fact is, if 100 humans from all around the wold were placed in a room, 98 would get along just fine, probably talking about the football or whatever. The two extremists on the sidelines would attempt to polarise the people, and eventually a fight might break out.
Mooter
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO, the reason people here comment predominantly against Israel, UK & US is that there is already overwhelming bias against the Palestinians and other such groups in the mainstream media. Yeah, so Hizbollah probably aren't the nicest bunch of guys in the world but in this case they are being used in order to get Iran and Syria to join in (simplistic I know but rest assured I have done much reading into this). The real reason behind this (IMO) can be found here:

Full article:
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=CHO200 60726&articleId=2824

Useful map illustrating my point:
http://www.globalresearch.ca/images/middleastmap.jpg

Which country is the very best?
and in the land of rape and honey,
you prey" Al Jourgensen
paul wright

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Even students appear less interested than they once were, perhaps because they have to now struggle as never before to make ends meet, and thus are preoccupied

Precisely. A deliberately created state of affairs. Those worrying about basic needs have less time and energy to focus on what's happening outside of their immediate basic needs. This is not a natural happenstance
This is a government-manipulated impoverishment and debt-ladening of a substantial source of opposition and a disgrace

Quote:
My main beef is that there seems to be a dedicated anti US/Western/ Israeli movement, and that this is reflected in 'popular' protest.

Quite simply because they're 'our' governments and they are the ones repeatedly going into countries on false pretexts and smashing them up, killing tens of thousands of people, burning children with white phosphorus,destroying ifrastructures and lines of support to the people.
Quite simply from the point of view of those people these are advanced -tech Nazi stormtroopers without the swastikas
What on earth's the matter with you you cant see this. Are you so insensitive to death and suffering and deliberate mayhem on such a large scale

Quote:
What if the truth turned out to be an Islamic conspiracy against the West and its values, with the long term aim of worldwide hegemony?

Why is this possibility so easily disregarded?

This is the image that Western propaganda has tried to promote since the days of Mossad-asset Abu Nidal and his 'terrorist' organisation. No doubt some foolish Muslims and organisations have been taken in. The Likud-created and Saudi-financed Hamas might be a case in point, though like Hizbullah they were legitimately elected into the positions they are in now
However Western governments and their agencies stage the events, immediately accuse Muslim individuals without a shred of evidence, refuse to answer or address the gaping holes in their evidence presented by people like the majority of those here, rely on the stressed out disempowered apathy and
fear that they themselves have created, and rely on thinking people like yourself, who can't for some reason (fearful for the crumbling of their learnt world view and thereby the crumbling of their identity?) bring themselves to think the worst of their governments , who are willing to go into furums addressing these issues and nitpick out endless circular arguments that waste everybody's time

Take some time looking after yourself and learning to open yourself up. You are just nattering away to maintain your own defences. It's beautiful out here as well as horrific where you can see things as they really are

Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi webmop

I for one, think a constructive dialogue is more likely to achieve something than emotive mud slinging and tantrums. So your contribution to this is much appreciated. Thank you.

You have a better chance of helping me to understand your views and vice versa.

As a footnote to your very welcome response on my behalf, your quote from Pastor Niemoller should be the agenda of everyone. Well said indeed. Just goes to show what a sense of fair play and respect can achieve eh.

At the "risk" of being nauseating or sanctimonious, I commend Webmop's quote to one and all. Globally.

"This is my truth, tell me yours"

Anything else is just so called adults behaving like ignorant and spiteful children in the playground, only in bigger bodies.

As for the Arabs and the Jews, to quote from one of my fav songs:

Arabs and the Jews boy
Too much for me
They get me confused boy
Puts me off to sleep

An historic conflict between Muslims and Jews, born thousands of years ago, standing alone as the quintessential testament to the human hunger for hate.

Based on what exactly ?

Religion ?

Belief systems, codified in books and mysticism and perpetuated in it's name.

My religion is better than yours. My prophet is THE prophet. Your people are dogs, blah blah blah.

Children raised and nurtured to hate each other to feed the fire eternally.

Is there a political solution to this ?

Anyone asleep yet ?

Was any of us ever really awake ?

For me, there is no doubt that living in Britain under Blair is preferable to living under any Muslim or Jewish theocracy or a brutal dictatorship anywhere in the world.

The events of 9/11 however have revealed the master plan.

USA global preeminence. Period.

Not my words. Their words, exactly.

The plans were there to be seen, one year before 9/11 and they were there before, if we only looked. We didn't look though, we had no reason to look.

The old traditional enemy had been brought to it's knees. WW3 - The Cold War was over. All our fears were gone. The bogey man was taken out, we rejoiced and had a party, then all went back to sleep again.

The Soviet experiment had failed. Their war floundered in the poppy fields of Afghanistan. Uncle Sam fed the Mujahadeen not on apple pie but a diet of extreme Islam. They created the monster the world has now been told to hate.

It remains to be seen just where Israel fits in with this plan. A useful, expendable pawn or the driving force ?

As they have constantly repeated, 9/11 has changed everything.

The monstrous events of 9/11 caught the left out whilst giving a green light to the right.

Those poor oppressed Muslim hijackers were forced to such extreme acts through American oppression. Usama's final straw was the US presence in Mecca. Bingo. 9/11.

Pictures of Muslims rejoicing as the towers fell were burned into our brains.

The left run for cover. The right, exonerated. Lets nuke em !

9/11 was the quaintly termed "Neocons" ace in the hole. By playing it they have showed their hand.

The Neocons plan for global hegemony now reveals itself as the three card trick it always was.

Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria.

Will it be a full house of horrors ?

Iran ?

Saudi ?

In the meantime, we sit here and moan while Blair's Britain is moving deliberately into a police state.

As a consequence of those poor oppressed cocaine snorting Muslims sneaking invisibly through airport ticket barriers, taking their unallocated seats and then hijacking those planes, evading a billion dollar air defence and crashing their weapons of choice into Manhattan, I can now be locked up for 28 days without trial. They wanted 90 but hey 28 is a start.

Whilst I am locked up I have no right to know what it is I am supposed to have done. I could be rendered extraordinarily to another country for interrogation. Even torture is outsourced these days. Thanks George, Tony.

I can be "interviewed" by police for reading Vanity Fair in public and have those subversive magazines confiscated as evidence of "politically motivated material". NKVD ? STASI ? KGB ? Nah, just good old British bobbies just doing Blair's job.

Madrid got their 9/11 911 days after 9/11

We got our 9/11 in London on 7/7.

Bali have had their's twice.

Mumbai too ?

Each time we cry stop, foul play and are told it's Global Jihad.

Global Jihad ? The Organisation of Al Qaeeda in Europe ? Was it Osama ? No. I mean yes. No. Yes. Oh we don't know. Go back to sleep. Stop asking questions.

It just is OK. Get used to it.

It's going to happen again.

Be scared, be very, very scared, there's a good boy.

They hate our freedoms you know. They hate us so much they want to kill us all.

Who are we talking about here ?

As Blair said to a Labour Party conference just after 9-11:

"This is a moment to seize. The kaleidoscope has been shaken. The pieces are in a flux. Soon they will settle again. Before they do, let us reorder this world around us."

Who is he talking to exactly ?

Newspeak International
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent post Mark,I'm sure it reflects the views of most posters on this site, and why we bother to care now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: