FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MOD sacks troops but continues to advertise for new ones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
funkywitch1982
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: MOD sacks troops but continues to advertise for new ones Reply with quote

this at first didnt make sense why would you sack soldiers but still advertise for new ones, the only conclusion i can come up with is they are sacking soldiers who would never commit war crimes and replacing them with new recruits that maybe molded into unthinking killing machines
i'd love to see the personal files of the soldiers who have been fired
i wonderer if i'm right?
what do u guys think?

fish5133
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recruit new ones on different pay and conditions. I only deliver papers and keep getting "revised" contract conditions which i never sign. Trying to reduce various liabilities .Maybe just cannon fodder of a different variety.
Disco_Destroyer
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably fired for asking Q's Surprised

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

www.myspace.com/disco_destroyer
funkywitch1982
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably right on both fronts my hubby's best man is in the army i keep waiting for him to say he's been fired (i hope anyway) he's such a decent guy i know he wouldn't do anything to harm an innocent even under orders, it just sucks because he'll lose his pention when they fire him
theres probably loads of different reasons why they are doing this

St_Sandy
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to be an Army Officer and have experience of this.

When I was serving there was a recruiting moratorium due to budget constrains. This caused 2 main problems. Once you turn off the recruiting tap, it is harder to get going. The second is that you need a constant supply of fresh troops to join the bottom rung or you will end up with a scewed rank and command structure.

I suspect the army will use this round of redundancies to clear out some of the dead wood at the senior NCO level and middle officer level. You get an awful lot people who end up just doing their time until they leave on a fat pension. These people have reached their promotion ceiling and then just mark time until pensioned off as they can't be forced out and know to leave a few years short of their pension is madness.

The Army needs some of these people who have reached their potential but if you have too many it can be a bar to more capable but more junior comrades from being promoted as there are only so many ranks positions in each unit. A good clear out every 10 years is a good thing.
funkywitch1982
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have full respect for the armed forces i just feel the way our soldiers are treated is disgusting, i have friends who have served and the awfulness they have been put through because of orders is terrible and when they leave they get next to no help, i wont even disrespect you by asking your experiences but i bet you have some pretty awful ones, all because men or women who are safe in a command room far away in a safe country decided what you guys should and shouldnt be doing, if you dare to speak out against orders you dont agree with there is the threat of court martial and the loss of your living, the truth is and i wander if you'll agree with me that alot of the privates are young 'uns from poor backgrounds with no future in civie street and then are used as cannon fodder to keep the politicians who decide these wars in a lap luxury (Tony Blair for example getting a million pound a year for the oil field 'liberated' in iraq) while you guys get squaloured conditions
peace and love

St_Sandy
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

funkywitch1982 wrote:
i have full respect for the armed forces i just feel the way our soldiers are treated is disgusting, i have friends who have served and the awfulness they have been put through because of orders is terrible and when they leave they get next to no help, i wont even disrespect you by asking your experiences but i bet you have some pretty awful ones, all because men or women who are safe in a command room far away in a safe country decided what you guys should and shouldnt be doing, if you dare to speak out against orders you dont agree with there is the threat of court martial and the loss of your living, the truth is and i wander if you'll agree with me that alot of the privates are young 'uns from poor backgrounds with no future in civie street and then are used as cannon fodder to keep the politicians who decide these wars in a lap luxury (Tony Blair for example getting a million pound a year for the oil field 'liberated' in iraq) while you guys get squaloured conditions
peace and love

I was an Infantry Officer who served 2 very kinetic tours of Iraq. I had always wanted to be a soldier and go into battle. To be honest I enjoyed the fire fights as it was the ultimate buzz. I didn't believe the stated reasons we were given for invading Iraq and I was disgusted with the mind-set and approach of the higher command on how to deal with the reconstruction.

I served there when we should have been building the country back up but by the time I got there it was way too late. I think most people agree that we shouldn't have invaded but we did and there were many Iraqis happy that Saddam had gone. As soon as the war was over there should have been a massive injection of cash and resources to repair the infrastructure and in essence, make the lives of the average Iraqi better. If we had done that, ie improved their lot, we could have been pretty much out in 2 years. I know realise that wasn't the plan anyway. It was criminal the destruction wrought on the country when the Iraqi military was a paper tiger. It makes no military sense to destroy bridges when you are advancing...but we did.

I am proud of what I did in Iraq. That is to say I fought without undue malice and never compromised my own principles. The insurgents we fought were brave boys and I feel no hatred towards them despite having friends killed and injured. I hope that they would feel the same about me as I wasn't there to conquer, I was there beacause I was told to go there. Once there I did my job professionally with the express purpose to bring my lads homes alive. Sadly that didn't happen but I did all I could.

As for the young 'cannon fodder', we were all cannon fodder. The young, largely poorly educated private soldiers are always the life-blood of the Army. However it is not a one way street. Many of them love the army and do well out of it. It often gives then skills and a purpose that was never engendered in them by school or family. You will find that as a percentage, officers and NCOs are more likely to be killed or wounded than a private soldier so it is not the field commanders who use them as cannon fodder.

Towards the end of my service I had come to realised the criminal manner in which the army had been abused but politicians and those seeking to gain positions of influence. I started to voice my views and got a name for myself as being a bit outspoken. It felt good to finally call a spade a spade as I no longer cared about promotion and not rocking the boat. It was truely liberating.

Now a few years later I feel cheated and angry. I have had some psychological issues related from my service (PTSD) but have now fully settled into civvy street. I don't regret serving but wish some things had been different. I support the military, it personnel anyway, but am much more of a pacifist than ever before. If the country was truely under threat I would be the first in the queue to rejoin and ditto if there was a turely just war. However, the greatest evil in the world at the moment I can see are the NeoCons in the US.

Clausewitz says war is politics by other means. Sadly it is being used all too often.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: