FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another Leaflet to Use

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: Another Leaflet to Use Reply with quote

Print from word as 2 pages per sheet, scale to A4

Guardian + BBC+ Independent Articles.doc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Guardian + BBC+ Independent Articles.doc
 Filesize:  115 KB
 Downloaded:  305 Time(s)

Ask the Tough Questions, Folks!
Techybloke666
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andrew

I would just like to say I am fully in agreement with you regarding the 911 coverup.

However
It would be helpful if you check and recheck your info before committing it to a document ( from your post )

I spent some time looking but found this and thought it better to let you have a look, I would not like you too have to explain this on the fly to people.

Quote:
Take the BBC, for example, which did in fact report, on September 23, 2001, that some of the alleged terrorists were alive and healthy and had protested their being named as assassins.

But there is one wrinkle. The BBC journalist responsible for the story only recalls this supposed sensation after having been told the date on which the story aired. "No, we did not have any videotape or photographs of the individuals in question at that time," he says, and tells us that the report was based on articles in Arab newspapers, such as the Arab News, an English-language Saudi newspaper.

The operator at the call center has the number for the Arab News on speed dial. We make a call to Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. A few seconds later, Managing Editor John Bradley is on the line. When we tell Bradley our story, he snorts and says: "That's ridiculous! People here stopped talking about that a long time ago."

Bradley tells us that at the time his reporters did not speak directly with the so-called "survivors," but instead combined reports from other Arab papers. These reports, says Bradley, appeared at a time when the only public information about the attackers was a list of names that had been published by the FBI on September 14th. The FBI did not release photographs until four days after the cited reports, on September 27th.

The photographs quickly resolved the nonsense about surviving terrorists. According to Bradley, "all of this is attributable to the chaos that prevailed during the first few days following the attack. What we're dealing with are coincidentally identical names." In Saudi Arabia, says Bradley, the names of two of the allegedly surviving attackers, Said al-Ghamdi and Walid al-Shari, are "as common as John Smith in the United States or Great Britain."

The final explanation is provided by the newspaper Asharq Al-Awsat, one of the sources of Arab News, which in turn serves as a source to the BBC. Mohammed Samman is the name of the reporter who interviewed a man named Said al-Ghamdi in Tunis, only to find that al-Ghamdi was quite horrified to discover his name on the FBI list of assassins.

Samman remembers his big story well. "That was a wonderful story," he says. And that's all it was. It had nothing to do with the version made up of Br?ckers' and Bülow's combined fantasies.

"The problem," says Samman, "was that after the first FBI list had been published, CNN released a photo of the pilot Said al-Ghamdi that had been obtained from the files of those Saudi pilots who had at some point received official flight training in the United States."

After Samman's story was reported by the news agencies, he was contacted by CNN. "I gave them Ghamdi's telephone number. The CNN people talked to the pilot and apologized profusely. The whole thing was quite obviously a mix-up. The Ghamdi family is one of the largest families in Saudi Arabia, and there are thousands of men named Said al-Ghamdi."

When we ask Samman to take another look at the FBI's list of photographs, he is more than happy to oblige, and tells us: "The Ghamdi on the photo is not the pilot with whom I spoke."

The investigative journalists should have been able to figure out just how obvious the solution to this puzzle was. They all write that a man named Abd al-Asis al-Umari had been named as a perpetrator by the FBI, and that there are apparently many individuals with this name. Br?ckers and Hau? even noticed that the FBI had initially released an incorrect first name to the press. All of this certainly suggests that there was a mix-up, but it's also something that the conspiracy theorists apparently did not consider plausible.

In the case of the supposedly surviving terrorist Walid al-Shari, the truth is even more obvious. At least Bülow had the opportunity to avoid making this mistake. In his book, he writes that the alleged assassin Shari "lives in Casablanca and works as a pilot, according to information provided by the airline Royal Air Maroc."

If Bülow had inquired with the airline, he would have discovered that the name of the pilot who lives in Casablanca is Walid al-Shri and not, like that of the assassin, Walid al-Shari. This minor detail makes a big difference, namely the difference between a dead terrorist and a living innocent man. But to conspiracy theorists, discovering the truth is like solving a crossword puzzle for children: What's a four-letter word for a domesticated animal? Hrse.

http://mckinneysucks.blogspot.com/2003_09_01_mckinneysucks_archive.htm l

I have found a few references to this however this one is the most detailed.

I look forward to your answer.

I would like to help If I can too.
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First up thanks Andrew for taking the time to put the 2 leaflets together.

Good post techie. We do need to take great care in what we select as the most persuasive arguments/evidence and of all the angles I would not choose the BBC hijack identity story myself.

However we are running out of leaflets down in London and so we do need to produce a new general leaflet that is fairly timeless. So this was good timing Andrew

When putting together this leaflet I reckon a combination of the 2 leaflets will work best, i.e. some information about this network/campaign and a good selection of 'killer facts'/questions.

At the same time we need to consider how these will be used and I would like to suggest that we see them as the first stage in a chain of information along the following lines. Leaflet, DVD, Website/local group meeting, Engage in campaigning themselves, repeat and mushroom.

Crowd entering or leaving an event, leaving a tube station or on a demonstration, etc. They go through a process. They see a 9/11 t shirt/banner. They are vaguely curious. ‘Will I take a leaflet off this person?’ Leaflet leads to enquire about or buy a DVD (or book). The DVD and leaflet lead them to this website, where they hopefully are inspired to get involved in their own leafleting and DVD distribution (and other activism) and so on in a mushrooming of grassroots activism. In other words the leaflet needs to be designed with a purpose in mind and seen as part of this chain

One factor to consider is that it looks likely we will be receiving a new consignment of DVDs from Jimmy to be distributed to all activists groups across Britain and Ireland. Probably a couple of thousand, in addition to a stash of books and other DVDs he has recently sent over from Europe
Jimmy has asked that we use them to raise money to cover his costs (say a pound / DVD, which is entirely reasonable). I would suggest we add atleast an extra £1 ourselves so we don't under cut those activists producing and selling their own DVDs (eg on ebay) and use this money to pay for our own leaflets and other activities.

Normally when handing out leaflets you usually have one short sentence to explain what you are about. (If you are wearing a 9/11 T shirt it helps)

Something simple like: 9/11 truth movement. Call for a further inquiry now. Get your 9/11 truth DVD here, etc….

Demon leafletter Belinda uses a small banner mounted on a frame held in a rucksack so that she stands out in a crowd and has both hands free. A sign “9/11 truth DVDs £2 each” (possibly even £3) will make it clear what we are offering and attract attention. So any leaflet should mention of the range of DVDs (and books) available from the leafletter or via the website/ebay. Just to clarify technically we would be seeking a donation for (rather than selling) and we would not be seeking to make any 'profit'

Leafletting and DVD production/distribution is the type of activity we can all get involved in individually and collectively. We should be outside any and all political events, outside tube stations, in busy shopping streets, etc.

Hope these ideas help.
Sinclair
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Campaign Step Up Reply with quote

Ian,

Some good points there.

Well done to Andrew for producing the leaflets.

My opinion was that, as a leaflet handed to a '9/11 unaware' person, there was possibly too much info on the leaflet. What do others think? I think that such an introductory leaflet needs to provide interest & stimulate the next step of finding out more, without overwhelming the reader.

Can i ask, is there a procedure within this group/forum for agreeing on campaigning material? Is a usergroup charged with any such activity?

I would be willing to provide comment on others suggestions etc. & maybe even have a stab at producing a leaflet myself (possibly in the Xmas Hols.....)

We DO need some fresh material for 2006.
Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This leaflet is unedited news stories - I am no more of an authority on this than anyone else.

I put these leaflets up in an editable form so people can use them as they wish.

I haven't seen anyone point out specifically what is wrong with the information in the leaflets, so please do this.

Almost all the videos I have seen refer to the BBC "surviving hijackers" stories, so what's the problem here?

I believe I have posted links to this particular leaflets before and no one has commented.

If someone thinks the leaflet needs changing, why not simply post an ammended version with changes 1,2,3 listed? That would be quicker than pages of posts....

Ask the Tough Questions, Folks!
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Andrew

I think there are genuine doubts about the identity of hijackers (and even if there were hijackers) to state the bleeding obvious, but I also know that the BBC story was early days and there is contradictory evidence. So in short it wouldn't top my list of evidence.

There isn't any group dealing with leaflet writing/production. There was talk of establishing one at the conference but it has yet to materialise. We could establish one or continue as we are. Previously leaflets have just been written, shared and editted by small ad hoc groups and then printed at individual initiative. However since the advent of the forum there is the option to develop leaflets on this forum (either publicly or in private)

The quantity/impact balance is a recurring one. Some like lots of text. Others snappy bullet points. Let's carry on knocking ideas/drafts around and look to produce a mass produced one to be distributed with the books and DVDs around the country in the new year
Kirbymuxloe
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

World news today is certainly different what it was yesterday. By this I mean that the intensified role of technology news in general and computer technology news in particular has reshaped lives. Yesterday news was only about the current political happenings while today it covers a big deal of aspects.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: