FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Delay to this forum portal page opening up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> About this website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kbo234
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Delay to this forum portal page opening up Reply with quote

Whenever I click on to open up the 911 forum it takes a long time for it to first appear.

Usually nothing at all happens for 30-40 seconds or so (I haven't counted), then the front page suddenly opens.

If this is happening for others then it is surely sending away many would-be visitors to this site.

Any clue about what's going on Tony?
Pikey
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely find opening up slow.

I have noticed a slump in traffic here however what do you expect when measures are instigated that divide the movement.

The decision to shut down the domain name www.nineeleven.co.uk and create two sites was imo a huge error of judgment for the UK 911 truth movement. Its put us back a couple of years and as a unified force imo we may never recover.

I see that Tony has retained the www.nineeleven.co.uk look under his domain name and that Ants site is a new look with not as many features as this site.. Was that part of the agreed arrangement? Personally I'd rather Ants have retained this site look and Tony set up the new look site.

The looks and faetures of this site imo remain the best however many 911 truthers I speak to remain unhappy with Tony and no longer visit here.

Can I suggest a way forward thats in the best interests of the UK 911 truth movement: Let Ants have this site under his present domain name and let Tony make up his own site.

Peace, truth, respect and a Mason free society

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaH-lGafwtE#
www.wholetruthcoalition.org
www.truthforum.co.uk
www.checktheevidence.com
www.newhorizonsstannes.com
www.tpuc.org
www.cpexposed.com
www.thebcgroup.org.uk
www.fmotl.com

Last edited by Pikey on Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:34 pm; edited 4 times in total
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pikey wrote:

The decision to shut down the domain name www.nineeleven.co.uk and create two sites was imo a huge error of judgment for the UK 911 truth movement. Its put us back a couple of years and as unified force we may never recover.

I had no choice in the matter - it was the only way Ian Neal would hand the site over to me. IMO better to have two copies of the previous content rather than just the one than to have another protracted and energy-consuming battle with Anthony Beckett like the one with Andrew Johnson for control of this site.

I too have noticed a slowing down in page delivery almost as soon as I took the site over and complained to the ISP UnitedHosting - they in turn denied anything was happening and tried to blame me - but Jim who originally designed the site tells me he's had no problems at all with page delivery. So we've reached something of an empasse.

One thing I love about you lot of users is you feel free to post about absolutely anything which could be construed as an attack on our freedom of speech however underrhand and technical such as an attack on our server.

Jim is sorting out a robots.txt file for the server as we speak I believe to bring the bandwidth down. He's been having a look at where most of the bandwidth demands are coming from and it seems its almost all the google bot. Maybe that could be a form of attack on us all by whacking up massively what I have to pay each month??

Answers on an email to 10-12 Picton Street Wink

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
kbo234
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pikey wrote:

The decision to shut down the domain name www.nineeleven.co.uk and create two sites was imo a huge error of judgment for the UK 911 truth movement.

As Tony says it was no error of judgement but rather imposed on us by the owner(s) of the original domain name.
911Eyewitness
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyGosling wrote:

Ian Neal

You neeed say no more.

TonyGosling wrote:

I too have noticed a slowing down in page delivery
sorting out a robots.txt file

Ian, it may not be Google's bot screwing with you. There are several new bots that come in as browsers, ignore Robots.txt and suck EVERYTHING dozens of time to get EVERYTHING you have. You even announced one of them!

You are not a technical guy I take it? I have been working on the Internet, since 1979 and have some knowledge that I would share. In particular a fine .htaccess and an updated robot.txt that will shed those abused gigabytes of bandwidth from the California, Lithuanian and Russian startups that are crushing many sites. The bigger the depth of the site the more they chew. They hit 10 times at least on every file for every visit and the DO NOT COME IN AS ROBOTS ALL THE TIME! So you have to know their IP to block them.

Anyway, go to TekTalk for one story and files and read about another one here

You can go to your account at Google and tell them to search your site less but that is counter productive as they may hit you all day but they only take a small bit each time and it has to be new bits. They don't come and eat your site each day.

By the way, pages load just fine from where I am (you can check your logs for that info)
Pikey
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]As Tony says it was no error of judgement but rather imposed on us by the owner(s) of the original domain name[/quote

Plse note:-

At the 2006 AGM in Blackpool it was agreed that we give Simon A some cash for the domain name as he had indicated that he wanted to offload at this stage.

This never happened. It would be interesting to know why not and why Simon allowed us to continue use of the www.nineeleven.co.uk domain name until June 2008.

Simons last blog on here was:-

Quote:
Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:39 pm Post subject:

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

Anyone want to make an approach to try and get the website publicised at the event?

And anyone fancy adding this (and other events) to the online calendar?

Could you clarify what happened Simon and put an end to the speculation. Please expalin to us why you pulled it or would not sell the domain name to Ants, Tony or the UK 911 truth movement elected committee.

Following the pulling of the domain name and Ian Neals wish to no longer pay the monthly ISP fees (understandable, imo this situation need not have arisen anyway; if a request for donations had been made imo the monies would have been forthcoming if the site was in the hands of those who the majority wished to be in control)

The best option imo was to create one new domain name linked to www.nineeleven acting as a portal. Sadly due to the division that had been created by this stage we are told this was not possible.

Division in the movement began imo when Tony Gosling and his associates gained control here.

IMO the UK 911 truth movement has been robbed of its best asset.

www.truthforum.co.uk
www.checktheevidence.com
www.tpuc.org
www.cpexposed.com
www.thebcgroup.org.uk
www.fmotl.com
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon got badly burned financally because of his role in the Jimmy Walters tour of 2006.

He's Jewish and has since got pissed off with the way the forum's been going in an unspecified way.

We all met in an open meeting about the future of the forum at Belinda's in March this year. Keith Mottherson took notes but missed some of the discussions out.

Ian Neal is the most familiar with Simon A's grievances but the fact stands that he bought the domain in trust for the campaign and subsequently decided that the campaign as a whole wouldn't decide its future, he would.

That's a pretty accurate decription of the debacle as far as I know it.

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's taking up to 45 seconds for a page to appear here.
Looks like some degree of skullduggery.
Is anyone else suffering this???

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
911Eyewitness
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pages are loading like greased lighting for me Tony. You know where I am so judge from that.

Use this url to find your response times and to see if your site is available to all parts of the world. http://www.internetsupervision.com

Another way is to use tracert (trace route) to see how the traffic gets to you and compare to others. It also shows where there may be a sticky point of a down router that is slowing you down. Because of the bizarre way packets fly on the Internet it is usually something between you and the object site that screws it up.

As I get a very fast response at 9:00am Madrid time (so if you fixed it you know what time it is for my fast responses) if you are getting slow response at the same time it is somewhere between your provider and its getting the data.

Hope that helps. I can't help more because it is moving fine into south Europe and I can't get the data from your point of access.

Best,
Rick
ps, you seem faster than 911researchers for sure and MUCH faster than the old days.
Pikey
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Simon got badly burned financally because of his role in the Jimmy Walters tour of 2006.

He's Jewish and has since got pissed off with the way the forum's been going in an unspecified way.

We all met in an open meeting about the future of the forum at Belinda's in March this year. Keith Mottherson took notes but missed some of the discussions out.

Ian Neal is the most familiar with Simon A's grievances but the fact stands that he bought the domain in trust for the campaign and subsequently decided that the campaign as a whole wouldn't decide its future, he would.

That's a pretty accurate decription of the debacle as far as I know it.

Having first met Simon in Sedgefield in the spring of 2005 and last seen him in Manchester in September 2005 acting as gatekeeper at the hotel were Jimmy Walters and the speakers were staying I'd appreciate Simons own response here plse.

Yep Tony there is certainly a problem on the site concerning speed of access for me. Shocked

www.truthforum.co.uk
www.checktheevidence.com
www.tpuc.org
www.cpexposed.com
www.thebcgroup.org.uk
www.fmotl.com
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like they have fixed this now.

Seems it was probably caused by a modification (mod) our creator Jim installed at about the same time - very roughly

"I would suggest that particular mod or hack needs some attention, maybe its not closing MySQL connections or poorly coded and could be improved."

Any further problems please let me know here or if a different problem elsewhere in About This Website

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
dewstru
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: r-e-a-l-l-y s-l-o-w Reply with quote

Is the site slowing up again mods?
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no probs here
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ISP say nothing's wrong but....
I'm currently waiting around 9-10 seconds for the main front 'portal' page to load. Similar time for the search page... anyone else noticed this?

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is any one else having this trouble?
Searches even longer.
Takes nearly a minute sometimes to post too.

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
Disco_Destroyer
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems ok here, have you checked your ISP?

Download Upload speed tester
http://www.speedtest.net/

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

www.myspace.com/disco_destroyer
fish5133
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive not been having any probs. Slowness in the past for me has usuallybeen slow broadband speed or virus. Also deleting browsing history can help.---i think
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems to have 'sorted itself out'
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> About this website All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: