FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What does the Qur'an say about Jihad?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Jihad for Peace and Against NWO Deep State Totalitarianism
View previous topic :: View next topic  
outsider
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: What does the Qur'an say about Jihad? Reply with quote

petros wrote:
Quote:
Qur'an:47:4 "When you clash with the unbelieving Infidels in battle (fighting Jihad in Allah's Cause), smite their necks until you overpower them, killing and wounding many of them. At length, when you have thoroughly subdued them, bind them firmly, making (them) captives. Thereafter either generosity or ransom (them based upon what benefits Islam) until the war lays down its burdens. Thus are you commanded by Allah to continue carrying out Jihad against the unbelieving infidels until they submit to Islam."

Qur'an:33:22 "Among the Believers are men who have been true to their covenant with Allah and have gone out for Jihad (holy fighting). Some have completed their vow to extreme and have been martyred fighting and dying in His Cause, and some are waiting, prepared for death in battle."

Can anybody please tell me a peaceful interpretation of these verses?

Can Petros please tell me how an aluminium tin can (a Boeing 757) broke through 9 feet of reinforced concrete, and made this perfect exit hole? (The pic he uses as identification).

But, more to the point, what is Islam about?

'Who's Afraid of Shariah?'

'Hasn't the whole notion of shariah in America gotten a bit out of control? No, it hasn't -- it's gotten hugely, obscenely, ignorantly out of control. How many of those anti-Islam protesters holding "NO SHARIA LAW" signs (as if anyone were advocating shariah law in the U.S.) actually know what the word means? I'd say, oh, none. Roughly.

Shariah (also spelled shari'ah or sharia or shari'a) is the Arabic word for "the road to the watering place." In a religious context, it means "the righteous path." Loosely, it can mean simply, "Islam."

There are six principles of shariah. They are derived from the Qur'an, which Muslims believe is the word of God. All Islamic religious rules must be in line with these six principles of shariah.

Aha! The six principles must be about killing infidels, veiling women, stoning people for adultery, honor killings and female genital cutting, right? Nope.

Here they are, the six principles of shariah:

1. The right to the protection of life.
2. The right to the protection of family.
3. The right to the protection of education.
4. The right to the protection of religion.
5. The right to the protection of property (access to resources).
6. The right to the protection of human dignity.'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sumbul-alikaramali/whos-afraid-of-sharia h_b_701331.html

I am not going to go into whether Islam were 'Crusaders' (obviously, 'Crusader' is based upon the Christian 'Cross', so in the pure sense of course they weren't), but they certainly went around 'conquering' many Christian (and Polytheist) lands; in some cases, they allowed the people they conquered to keep their own religions; in other cases, if they didn't convert, they were killed.
That does not mean the Koran sanctioned this behaviour, any more than Christianity sanctions 'Extraordinary Rendition', Abu Ghraib, Bagram, Gitmo or 'False Flag'-based illegal wars of aggression, Crimes Against Peace, Crimes Against Humanity or War Crimes.

http://www.euroheritage.net/islamicconquestmap.shtml

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Jihad for Peace and Against NWO Deep State Totalitarianism All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: