FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BA flight turned back.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spiv
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject: BA flight turned back..... Reply with quote

Last night a BA flight was reported as having turned back because a mobile phone on board rang. In the "breaking news" it was reported that it rang 1 1/2 hours into the flight, but this morning, according to the BBC website, it is being reported that it rang on take off of the plane.

So I am unsure when it actually rang, but I'm confused here. If it rang when the plane took off, why did it continue to fly for 1 1/2 hours before it was decided to turn back? Can't have been considered much of a threat, can it?

If it rang 1/1/2 hours into the flight, can anyone tell me approximately where the plane would have been at that time? The reason I ask is that, at an altitude of some 40,000 feet and, I would assume, out over the Atlantic Ocean, which network would the phone have been connected to?

Or is it more likely this is the continued 'drip drip' of nonsense designed to keep 'the great unwashed' feeling that there are more dangerous 'Baby Milk' terrorists in this cunning plot still running around loose. What next, a bottle of lemonade found in the toilets of a plane, or worse still and horror of all horrors, a bottle of baby milk!!!
Snowygrouch
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Same story? Reply with quote

Hi,
I`m not sure if this is the same story but in the last couple of days I had head a flight turned back after being radioed that there was a possible terrorist on board.

Apparently the police/authorities told the captain to go on to Boston but the Pilot refused and turned back for Blighty where a bloke was arrested at the airport.

It sounds like the ususal Bliar BS.

If they knew this guy was a threat why did they wait till the plane was halfway over the Atlantic??!?!

Typical Neo-Labour criminal nonsense. Laughing

President Eisenhower 1961
UnKnownDemon
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct me if i'm wrong, but phone's simply don't work at those heights do they? They can't connect to the networks. I'm talking about mobile phones not plane phones.

Quote:

So I am unsure when it actually rang, but I'm confused here. If it rang when the plane took off, why did it continue to fly for 1 1/2 hours before it was decided to turn back? Can't have been considered much of a threat, can it?

And that's a very good point. If it was enough of a threat to make the plane turn around, wouldn't it have caused them to turn around immedietaly. And if it was a danger wouldn't they be flying back into a well populated area? Which is what the 'terrorists' would want.

- Benjamin Franklin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Snowygrouch
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Phones Reply with quote

Hi Unknown,
I belive that in the recent 3 years or so various airlines have installed
"routers" in their planes to allow cell phones to work in planes.

Basically the cellphone masts point across and down so cant really operate upwards to much above 8000 feet at the very most.

The routers work by channeling the cell calls through the planes own Satellite comms system hence allowing them to work.

However I have no idea how many airlines have actually installed such systems.

I`m no expert on telecommunications but that is roughly how my Telecoms lecturer at uni explained it to me.

Cheerio

Calum

President Eisenhower 1961
Wokeman
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I believe the technology is there now to allow passengers to use phones from flights. I hasten to add that that technology was not available in September 2001
Banish
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Callum.

...if the mobile phone has a pico ariel/antenna. These phones are not available yet. Another bs story.
spiv
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Why was this system not switched off?? Reply with quote

If this router system is in place (and I don't know enough about this subject, maybe there are telecoms experts amongst the Truth Movement), and knowing that all mobile phones were prohibited from the aircraft cabin (they had to be stowed in the bags in the hold), then why, even on the assumption that the BA flight had this router system, was it not switched off as a precautionary measure?

On another matter regarding this 'drip drip' of scare stories for the 'sheeple', this morning (Wednesday) it was reported on the BBC news that a 12 year old boy got on a Monarch flight at Gatwick bound for Spain, without any papers, tickets, passports etc etc. It was only when the cabin crew gave him drinks and sweets that they started to be suspicious and called in security. Now my question is, has anyone ever flown on an aircraft where the drinks and eats are handed out prior to take-off? I certainly have not, and indeed, the cabin crew are usually busy getting everyone in, settled down and buckled up!!!
Banish
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, found it.

http://www.qualcomm.com/press/releases/2004/040715_aa_testflight.html
spiv
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Thank you Banish Reply with quote

Thank you Banish.

That article is dated 15th July 2004, nearly three years after the (alleged) passengers aboard some of the planes during 9/11 made their (alleged) mobile phone calls. So do we assume that the technology to make these calls was not available towards the latter part of 2001? Or is it just Qualcomm trailing three years behind other technologists??

Beggars belief how the mainstream media has not picked up on this quite important discrepancy, doesn't it??
Banish
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The article claims they are pioneers in this sort of technology.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: