FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any one got an explanation for Bush's comments?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jason67
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alek wrote:
DaveyJ wrote:
Why!? why did they leave him there!

beacuse no one would be stupid enough to try it.

He was in Flordia, it would of taken the plane SIX HOURS of flight time to get there, then the pilot would have to identify one school as a target, pretty hard to tell when traveling 500 mph, so other than the improbabilty of someone actually being able to fly a plane into one school. They could of taken appropraite actions as the plane got closer.

come on guys, common sense.

That's ridiculous. First of all, the President's schedule that day was public. It was public knowledge he was in that school, which means that knowledge would be freely available to any would-be attackers. Second, given how "incompetent" NORAD and the FAA evidently are, they had no way to guarantee against either a plane strike or some other form of attack on the President. The "common-sense" approach would have been to get him the hell out of there, ASAP. Thirdly, there seems to be a debate on whether its easy or difficult for relatively unskilled pilots to fly planes into targets. The 9/11 truth "skeptics" would have us believe it is relatively easy, as in the case of the Pentagon and the WTC. Granted a school is a lower profile target, but it still amounts to nothing more than a GPS coordinate. So which is it?

Well said alek, I totally agree that you cant have it both ways.

Alek's second point is very important as neither NORAD or the FAA knew at the time how planes had been hyjacked or where they were heading, and that applies to the whole of the USA not just the east coast. (according to the official story)
Unless of course that Bush knew that he was not a target.
Must have been all that military training he did.
Johnny Pixels
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guthead wrote:
Johnny Pixels wrote:
DeFecToR wrote:
OF COURSE!! How silly of me.
You're right! Bin Laden did 911 no questions asked. I bow before your greater intellect.
Consider me humbled.
Good bye.

What should he have done? Don't just say, got up and done something, you have to tell me exactly what he should've been doing in those 10 mins.

Im not the best informed on this so correct me if wrong, but I'd say anything other than him reading a child's book. Maybe get in there cars and drive till they run out of gas or something would have made more sense to me, planes defianately not going to track a car down.

But then a president stuck in a car with no gas is no good to anyone. At the time he was seated there the WTC was under attack, no suggestion of an attack directed at the president himself. If he did get up to go talk to people, what would they tell him? The second tower had been hit. They knew nothing more than anyone else, so there was no benefit in moving him. He had to wait somewhere, why interupt what he was doing so he could go and do nothing instead?

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth. - Umberto Eco
Guthead
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny Pixels wrote:
Guthead wrote:
Johnny Pixels wrote:
DeFecToR wrote:
You're right! Bin Laden did 911 no questions asked. I bow before your greater intellect.
Consider me humbled.
Good bye.

What should he have done? Don't just say, got up and done something, you have to tell me exactly what he should've been doing in those 10 mins.

Im not the best informed on this so correct me if wrong, but I'd say anything other than him reading a child's book. Maybe get in there cars and drive till they run out of gas or something would have made more sense to me, planes defianately not going to track a car down.

But then a president stuck in a car with no gas is no good to anyone. At the time he was seated there the WTC was under attack, no suggestion of an attack directed at the president himself. If he did get up to go talk to people, what would they tell him? The second tower had been hit. They knew nothing more than anyone else, so there was no benefit in moving him. He had to wait somewhere, why interupt what he was doing so he could go and do nothing instead?

For me it wasnt a matter of what he didn't do, because we all saw he can read quite well, but I would of thought they should automatically have assumed he could have been a target since he is the President, take no chances, this man is seen as the most important person in the world right now. I was joking of course as far as drving till your out of gas..... Atleast get in there cars and im sure they can be informed while in a car and find out whats going on as your on the move.
________
Mercedes-Benz Sprinter history

Last edited by Guthead on Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Johnny Pixels
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guthead wrote:
Johnny Pixels wrote:
Guthead wrote:
Johnny Pixels wrote:
DeFecToR wrote:
Consider me humbled.
Good bye.

For me it wasnt a matter of what he didn't do, because we all saw he can read quite well, but I would of thought they should automatically have assumed he could have been a target since he is the President, take no chances, this man is seen as the most important person in the world right now. I was joking of course as far as drving till your out of gas..... Atleast get in there cars and im sure they can be informed while in a car and find out whats going on as your on the move.

But the president doesn't want to be seen to be on the run in a time of crisis. If the first thing he did on hearing about the attacks was to run away, what kind of panic would that cause?

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth. - Umberto Eco
Alek
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny Pixels wrote:

But the president doesn't want to be seen to be on the run in a time of crisis. If the first thing he did on hearing about the attacks was to run away, what kind of panic would that cause?

Well, you just lost all credibility with me with that statement. I suppose there is really nothing you can't rationalize in terms of your worldview. In this sense, you are utterly unreasonable, and so is any attempt to have an earnest discussion with you.
Johnny Pixels
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alek wrote:
Johnny Pixels wrote:

Well, you just lost all credibility with me with that statement. I suppose there is really nothing you can't rationalize in terms of your worldview. In this sense, you are utterly unreasonable, and so is any attempt to have an earnest discussion with you.

You seem to have the idea that Bush should've gone somewhere. Where? Where should he have gone that would have put him in a more advantageous position than at the school? The school was a secure position, because the security teams were already in place there, and you want him to move out of that area? They knew there were planes being crashed, and you want to take him to the airport?

Ronin
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know thats funny that his secret service and such can protect him in a tiny school but the pentagon the most highly defended airspace in the world was penetrated by a huge airplane they knew was headed that direction.Oh and how like about 20 cameras malfunctioned that day.Thats why we only have five frams of it because the pentagons camera system was messed up cause they got it at a flea market.Yknow how our security is in america it shuts on and off at will^^
jason67
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny Pixels wrote:
Alek wrote:
Johnny Pixels wrote:

You seem to have the idea that Bush should've gone somewhere. Where? Where should he have gone that would have put him in a more advantageous position than at the school? The school was a secure position, because the security teams were already in place there, and you want him to move out of that area? They knew there were planes being crashed, and you want to take him to the airport?

A school is a secure position? Because of the 'anti plane paint' they put on the roof? And the 'security teams already in place', what were they gonna do if a 737 comes crashing down? Put up umbrellas?

I'm not going to engage you any more because it really is pathetic.
Johnny Pixels
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronin wrote:
You know thats funny that his secret service and such can protect him in a tiny school but the pentagon the most highly defended airspace in the world was penetrated by a huge airplane they knew was headed that direction.

Defended by what?

Quote:
Oh and how like about 20 cameras malfunctioned that day.Thats why we only have five frams of it because the pentagons camera system was messed up cause they got it at a flea market.Yknow how our security is in america it shuts on and off at will^^

The Pentagon security cameras are monitored by security guards. The purpose of their cameras is to give them visual coverage, not record evidence.

Guthead
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't mention anything about him going to the airport, why the hell would they go to the airport, atleast get out of the 1 building the "terrorists" could have known he was in if they were so brilliant to pull off this magnificent feat of 911 in the first place.
Johnny Pixels wrote:

Quote:
Oh and how like about 20 cameras malfunctioned that day.Thats why we only have five frams of it because the pentagons camera system was messed up cause they got it at a flea market.Yknow how our security is in america it shuts on and off at will^^

The Pentagon security cameras are monitored by security guards. The purpose of their cameras is to give them visual coverage, not record evidence.

Oh cmon they have all of our telephone calls on record, this is the pentagon is it not, I can't imagine the reason for them not keeping records of the tapes if they will on everything else.
________
starcraft 2 replays

Johnny Pixels
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jason67 wrote:

A school is a secure position? Because of the 'anti plane paint' they put on the roof? And the 'security teams already in place', what were they gonna do if a 737 comes crashing down? Put up umbrellas?

I'm not going to engage you any more because it really is pathetic.

Why do you think they chose some of the biggest landmarks in the country?

Can you spot the school in this photo?

http://www.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=sarasota&ie=UTF8&z=14&ll=27.3 57361,-82.522516&spn=0.028434,0.085831&t=k&om=1

Why would the terrorists go after a target that is so easily moved? They'd have to attack him first before the security services got wind of the attacks and moved him. The fact that the firs two attacks occured in New York suggested that the president wasn't a target.

Johnny Pixels
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guthead wrote:
I didn't mention anything about him going to the airport, why the hell would they go to the airport, atleast get out of the 1 building the "terrorists" could have known he was in if they were so

They'd go to the airport to get to Air Force One to fly him out of danger, but the terrorists wouldn't go after someone so easily mobile, and if they did, he would be hit first.

Quote:
Oh cmon they have all of our telephone calls on record, this is the pentagon is it not, I can't imagine the reason for them not keeping records of the tapes if they will on everything else.

Why do they need video evidence? If they see someone acting suspiciously, they go out and arrest them. They don't need video evidence for that, they've caught the person already.

And as much as you'd like to believe it, they don't record all your phone calls.

chipmunk stew
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alek wrote:
The "common-sense" approach would have been to get him the hell out of there, ASAP.

Maybe less than ten minutes was ASAP.
Guthead
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chipmunk stew wrote:
Alek wrote:
The "common-sense" approach would have been to get him the hell out of there, ASAP.

Maybe less than ten minutes was ASAP.

Ya I guess your right, he was just too into that book, you dont want to interrupt Bush during one of the few times he's reading.
________
BMW N52 history

Guthead
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny Pixels wrote:

Quote:

Why do they need video evidence? If they see someone acting suspiciously, they go out and arrest them. They don't need video evidence for that, they've caught the person already.

Are you serious?

What if per say this suspicious person walked off the lot before the security got to him? I'd think they would need the god damn video EVIDENCE as you put it, to find out who the person is.

Even if they do catch them, they gonna charge the guy because the guards saw something suspicious? or are you going to charge him because you have video EVIDENCE of him doing something suspicious.
________
no2 vaporizer

Johnny Pixels
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guthead wrote:
Johnny Pixels wrote:

Quote:

Are you serious?

What if per say this suspicious person walked off the lot before the security got to him? I'd think they would need the god damn video EVIDENCE as you put it, to find out who the person is.

Even if they do catch them, they gonna charge the guy because the guards saw something suspicious? or are you going to charge him because you have video EVIDENCE of him doing something suspicious.[/quote]

From the British Parliament website, on an article on how CCTV is used:

Quote:

Recording events for use as evidence and to inform
investigations.

For instance, on the boundaries of the
Parliamentary estate, police on patrol alert CCTV
operators of incidents via radio links. CCTV operators
then record incidents as they unfold.

They don't need to record all the time, only while an incident is occuring.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: