FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

9/11 truth movement needs Brian Blessed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
optimus79
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: 9/11 truth movement needs Brian Blessed Reply with quote

I dont mean to be fussy, but can we not get a documentary with a decent narrator Surprised

Loose Change is great, but someone needs to tell Dylan Avery that it would carry a lot more power if he got someone else to narrate the thing. I understand its his film and he wants a shot of the glory but his voice carries no gravitas. The sound of a young sneering twenty year old seems to play in to the hands of those who criticise the film.

Its the same with the 9/11 Mysteries part 1, 2 and 3. They seem to have found a female robot to narrate that one.

Again with Alex Jones' documentaries, they are great to watch, but when you sit down with someone who is new to all this they sometimes find it hard to take Alex Jones seriously. I think the guy is great, like an American radicalised version of Steve Irwin (RIP), but maybe in some ways his 100 mile and hour delivery can be a little off putting those who other wise want to know what he is putting across.

I suggest Brian Blessed, someone e-mail him and get him on board.

The 9/11 truth movement NEEDS Brian Blessed
Ally
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Anthony Hilder's delivery in Illuminazi911.

"THEY WANT TO KILL YOU...."
Skeptic
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently Martin Sheen is doing the narration for Loose Change Final Cut

I can't confirm this though
telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: 9/11 truth movement needs Brian Blessed Reply with quote

optimus79 wrote:
I dont mean to be fussy, but can we not get a documentary with a decent narrator Surprised
The sound of a young sneering twenty year old seems to play in to the hands of those who criticise the film.

Is Mr Blessed noted for his strong anti-government views?

As for simply 'emailing him' - are we guessing it's brian_blessed@yahoo.com?

Who will finance the new documentary and furnish Mr Blessed with his basic 50 grand voice-over fee?

No wait, I know, I will use the following email address and arrange finance;

charlie_sheen@yahoo.com

We could even get Brian May to write the music, something with an operatic flavour? I already know his email address.

That said, Brian Blessed does have a wonderful timbre, if he is not interested, why not Norman Wisdom or Barbara Windsor?

I completely challenge the official version of events - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC -I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC
Busker
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: 9/11 truth movement needs Brian Blessed Reply with quote

optimus79 wrote:

Charlie Sheen seems the obvious choice for anything produced stateside to me. Particularly if scheduled after something like Apocalypse Now where his dad narrates similar style.

If BB did it here in the UK I'd spend most of the time expecting him to say "Hello, I'm Brian Blessed" damn those tykes on Dead Ringers!

Marcus Bently might be good. "7:59am Cheyney enters the command bunker" plus his is a voice the UK public are familiar giving timelines and information.

Get as academic as you like, but unless the message is moulded and delivered to convince Sun readers (I generalise but you know what I mean) it will be lost. Basic Marketing 101.
lostpomme
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: 9/11 truth movement needs Brian Blessed Reply with quote

optimus79 wrote:

Loose Change is great, but someone needs to tell Dylan Avery that it would carry a lot more power if he got someone else to narrate the thing. I understand its his film and he wants a shot of the glory but his voice carries no gravitas. The sound of a young sneering twenty year old seems to play in to the hands of those who criticise the film.

Its the same with the 9/11 Mysteries part 1, 2 and 3. They seem to have found a female robot to narrate that one.

Again with Alex Jones' documentaries, they are great to watch, but when you sit down with someone who is new to all this they sometimes find it hard to take Alex Jones seriously. I think the guy is great, like an American radicalised version of Steve Irwin (RIP), but maybe in some ways his 100 mile and hour delivery can be a little off putting those who other wise want to know what he is putting across.

I agree on all three counts and have almost written that exact post myself a few times.
You can have all the computer graphics and well presented evidence you want but without a quality voiceover it looses its strength. I commend the efforts thus far but if its gonna go mainstream...
Brian Blessed is a bit beyond our means, though there must be plenty of cheap quality voice talent available.
I'm praying the rumour about Martin sheen is legit.

I'm gonna email JamesEarlJones@yahoo.com, just in case. What better voice to narate the rise of the dark side! Wink

telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, maybe I was a trifle condescending with my previous response in this thread.

Having given this some more thought, everything in life is about perspective and here we are with a stated view that the current narrator leaves something to be desired in terms of his delivery.

Of course, we view this from a very 'British' way of thinking - you only have to listen to Hugh Grant's efforts at speaking like someone from Brooklyn to understand that the 'drawl' doesn't sit very comfortably on the British palate (not to mention the simply appalling American accent adopted by Jason Statham - this was under the orders of studio bosses who didn't want a 'Brit' to be seen to kick American bottoms). But I digress.

The point here, is that neutrality is very much the key - I believe a pompous overbearing, almost royal accent such as Mr Blessed's would immediately get up the noses of Americans much like the current narrator's does the starter of this thread.

In much the same way - Mr Sheen has already nailed his colours to the mast and consequently, I believe loses credibility from the get-go = 'Here's Charlie spouting his old nonsense again, take that DVD off, Battlestar Galactica is on in two minutes'.

I would suggest a far more universally recognisable voice, one known on both sides of the Atlantic, someone like Patrick Stewart who is entrenched in American phsyche via Star Trek, he is warm and sincere, familiar. This is just a suggestion and I indeed empathise with Optimus as much of the potential impact of these type of productions gets lost in the narration. Painful Deceptions is in my opinion, by far the worse of the genre, the narrator is on helium.

I completely challenge the official version of events - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC -I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC
lostpomme
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In much the same way - Mr Sheen has already nailed his colours to the mast and consequently, I believe loses credibility from the get-go = 'Here's Charlie spouting his old nonsense again, take that DVD off, Battlestar Galactica is on in two minutes'.

Charlie sheen might not be quite right but the rumour is Martin Sheen. Lesser known to younger generations but with a voice carrying the necessary gravitas.
Patrick stewart is excellent and well known through xmen as well as star trek and has also done loads of voiceover stuff, but again he's a bit A list.
I think an unknown is the best bet.

telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lostpomme wrote:
Quote:

Charlie sheen might not be quite right but the rumour is Martin Sheen. Lesser known to younger generations but with a voice carrying the necessary gravitas.
Patrick stewart is excellent and well known through xmen as well as star trek and has also done loads of voiceover stuff, but again he's a bit A list.
I think an unknown is the best bet.

Bush's recent comment about those who aid the conspirists being akin to recruiting terrorists would put a lot of well knowns off the idea.

I still think Norman Wisdom is the best bet by far. Every time he comes to a really important bit, he could throw in a 'Mr Grimsdale' and he hasn't exactly got a career to damage.

I am emailing right now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: